Wii U was 2% of Ubisoft sales last quarter.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/02/12/wii-u-accounted-2-ubisofts-sales-last-quarter/

Easily demonstrating why third-party publishers aren’t warming to Wii U as much as competitor consoles, Ubisoft have revealed that it only accounted for 2 percent of their overall sales during the last fiscal quarter.

That quarter, ending December 31st, saw the publisher launch Just Dance 2014, Just Dance Kids 2014 and Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, whilst titles released earlier in the year such as Rayman Legends and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist were discounted in the run up to Christmas.

In comparison, Sony’s PlayStation 4 was attributed to 12 percent of sales whereas Microsoft’s Xbox One drew 9 percent. Even the Wii was calculated as being 11 percent of sales, with Just Dance 2014 and Just Dance Kids 2014 being the only Ubisoft titles to hit the console.

This can largely be seen to have led to the publisher’s decision to delay the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs to place more resources behind releasing it on competitor consoles sooner.

Oh yeah, the Wii Is still being sold in NA, that's right. Well damn then. Maybe it would help if they cut the Wii Off since it seems to be taking wii u sales.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

That's more than I expected, honestly.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

People still want more Wii, but not Wii U.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Ubisoft will no doubt be thanked for all their efforts by being continuously slagged off by Nintendo fanboys when they eventually do stop supporting this catastrophe. And with this announcement all of a sudden their decision to put back Watch Dogs looks a bit more suspect.

So companies who held back their support: They were right to do so.

Companies who did give their support but gave up: They were right to do so.

People casting doubt over this console and being slagged off by fanboys for doing so: They (we) were so so right all along.

Apologies will be nice.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@speak_low:

Where did Nintendo touch you? You don't have to say, just point to it on this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

"The PS4 and Xbox One have over 4-6X the sales of Wii U in less than two months. The Wii U had longer to sell with the full 3 months, and still only got 2% and even managed to drop from last year (some install base!)"

hahahahaha

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DocSanchez

@ConanTheStoner: It sure as hell wasn't in his heart!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

maybe if they kept rayman exclusive and released it on time...

took advantage of the wiiU and made splinter cell 720p 60fps...

assasins creed with working online and all the dlc...and a steady framerate

not delay watchdogs only on wiiU....

then maybe...just maybe some wiiU owners would buy their shit.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DocSanchez

Haha. We have to get some sort of bingo cards going!

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

PS3 and 360 still up there and dominating.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jakandsigz

@speak_low said:

From NeoGaf:

(Left = Q3 Results for 2013-2014)(Right = Q3 Results for 2012-2013)

PS3 = 28% / 33%

Xbox 360 = 27% / 37%

PS4 = 12% / NA

Xbox One = 9% / NA

Wii = 11% / 14%

Wii U = 2% / 5%

The PS4 and Xbox One have over 4-6X the sales of Wii U in less than two months. The Wii U had longer to sell with the full 3 months, and still only got 2% and even managed to drop from last year (some install base!)

Only one word for the Wii U. PATHETIC

I take it back - Ubisoft is sticking to Nintendo not just out of simple kindness, but because the Just Dance Wii sales are surprisingly good. Ubisoft is milking those games a bit more (probably one more year) before they high tail it out of Floptendo City.

Nintendo the ultimate milker is now the milkee. How does it feel to be used like this

Banned and flagged for using Neogaf in my thread.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jakandsigz

@KBFloYd said:

You mean the game that sold more on the other consoles? Come on, even the Wii has more, Rayman would have probably got it to 4% at most.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Just disgraceful. No wonder 3rd parties are pulling out. Sad thing is that Ubisoft is probably the most supportive 3rd party when it comes to Nintendo. The WiiU is pretty much on life support now, I give it a year or two before 3rd party abandon it.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KBFloYd

@Jakandsigz said:

@KBFloYd said:

You mean the game that sold more on the other consoles? Come on, even the Wii has more, Rayman would have probably got it to 4% at most.

it would have sold more on wiiU had they kept it exclusive and it would have made wiiU owners like ubisoft more and want to buy more of their offerings....but instead they just shit on us.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DocSanchez

@KBFloYd: " maybe if they kept rayman exclusive and released it on time..."

Why would they want to do this? They're a third party. They want to make money. And release it on time? You make excuses when Nintendo push a release date back saying they don't rush things, they bring them out when they're perfect. Ubisoft do it and they're being bad.

"took advantage of the wiiU and made splinter cell 720p 60fps.."

Advantage of what? You were lucky they released it at all. There is no clear advantage to the wii u. It's old architecture with a touch screen. Multiplats have shown no great increase so far and indeed in some cases the games have been worse.

"assasins creed with working online and all the dlc...and a steady framerate"

There's no point begging for a better online service on wii u. It's not a good online system and nobody is ever in the games anyway.

"not delay watchdogs only on wiiU...."

You can't blame them for this at all. Basically, the wii u doesn't deserve better service than it's getting. It's not going to be profitable for anyone, even Nintendo this time. You're lucky ubisoft stuck around when they did and provided what they did.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KBFloYd

@DocSanchez said:

@KBFloYd: " maybe if they kept rayman exclusive and released it on time..."

Why would they want to do this? They're a third party. They want to make money. And release it on time? You make excuses when Nintendo push a release date back saying they don't rush things, they bring them out when they're perfect. Ubisoft do it and they're being bad.

"took advantage of the wiiU and made splinter cell 720p 60fps.."

Advantage of what? You were lucky they released it at all. There is no clear advantage to the wii u. It's old architecture with a touch screen. Multiplats have shown no great increase so far and indeed in some cases the games have been worse.

"assasins creed with working online and all the dlc...and a steady framerate"

There's no point begging for a better online service on wii u. It's not a good online system and nobody is ever in the games anyway.

"not delay watchdogs only on wiiU...."

You can't blame them for this at all. Basically, the wii u doesn't deserve better service than it's getting. It's not going to be profitable for anyone, even Nintendo this time. You're lucky ubisoft stuck around when they did and provided what they did.

excuses excuses....that's why wiiU owners have excuses too for not buying their hand outs..

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DocSanchez

@KBFloYd: I don't think you understand how this works. I don't need an excuse. I don't care whether people are offended or put out by Ubisofts actions. And I was right about the wii u. So I will never ever provide an excuse for these businesses doing what is best for them and ditching wii u support.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#19 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Really sad.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KBFloYd

@DocSanchez said:

@KBFloYd: I don't think you understand how this works. I don't need an excuse. I don't care whether people are offended or put out by Ubisofts actions. And I was right about the wii u. So I will never ever provide an excuse for these businesses doing what is best for them and ditching wii u support.

they're stupid...they could have 3 platforms instead of two to sell more games....but they don't even try.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DocSanchez

@KBFloYd: They would have three platforms if Nintendo wasn't so amazingly stupid, cheap and arrogant. But they don't.

If they could sell millions on Wii U they would, because they're a business. But they can't.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KBFloYd

@DocSanchez said:

@KBFloYd: They would have three platforms if Nintendo wasn't so amazingly stupid, cheap and arrogant. But they don't.

If they could sell millions on Wii U they would, because they're a business. But they can't.

looking at the prior decisions i spoke of above...they are delibertly pissing wiiu gamers off....what kind of crap is that if you want to sell games?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

This shows Ubisoft has plenty reason to pull out. They tried to support Nintendo but Wii u fan(s) arent buying.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jakandsigz

@KBFloYd said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@KBFloYd said:

d it would have made wii U owners like ubisoft more and want to buy more of their offerings....

The lack of logic in this post is pretty hilarious. Wii U owners? The install base will still remain the same even if they buy more ubisoft games. If you mean new wii u owners,dDon't forget the other devs that gave the Wii U even exclusive editions of games, and not one person from the other group came over to scoop it up. Rayman would have done nothing at all. Rayman does not move consoles (anymore).

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DocSanchez

@KBFloYd: LOL. They. are. a. business.

There is no logic for them to "deliberately piss off" anyone. They are one of the few developers who bothered to even try on the wii u and look what it's got them. Piss poor game sales and an incredibly ungrateful fanbase.