Wii U VS Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tony-Baxter (6498 posts) -
(Poll)
#2 Posted by majadamus (10208 posts) -
This thread is off to a great start. :roll:
#3 Posted by SecretPolice (21443 posts) -

Shorten it up a bit since nobody will read that wall of text. :twisted:

#4 Posted by khoofia_pika (13513 posts) -
Wut?
#5 Posted by elbert_b_23 (8247 posts) -
what no choice for the xu360wiibox its the calibration that nintendo and ms is bound to happen one day just to piss off the fans and trolls
#6 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Shorten it up a bit since nobody will read that wall of text. :twisted:

SecretPolice

:lol: haha But seriously, whats the comparison? Obligatory graphics comparo?

#7 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -
Casual (I assume) vs Casual. Who cares get a PS3.
#8 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

A 199$ system with Witcher 2, Skyrim, Mass Effect 1-2-3, Kinect, Ryse, Draco, Dust, Alan wake 1-2, Halo, Gears, Fable 2-3-Journey, Amalur, Crysis 1-2, Oblivion, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Assassin Creed, Bioshock Infinite etc etc and stunning visuals

Or a 600$ system, with a huge akward screen as controller, the worst 3rd party support the world has seen, no Zelda for another 4-5 years, about same graphics as xbox 360 and a new system planned 3-4 years after its release as Nintendo has zero support for its systems

I would go with 360 for now, for the infinite coming and released games and wait for xbox 720 myself

Maybe grab a WiiU in 5-6 years in bargain bin with the new Zelda that will be released by that time and sell it after playing it

#9 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
... what?
#10 Posted by super600 (30275 posts) -

A 199$ system with Witcher 2, Skyrim, Mass Effect 1-2-3, Kinect, Ryse, Draco, Dust, Alan wake 1-2, Halo, Gears, Fable 2-3-Journey, Amalur, Crysis 1-2, Oblivion, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Assassin Creed, Bioshock Infinite etc etc and stunning visuals

Or a 600$ system, with a huge akward screen as controller, the worst 3rd party support the world has seen, no Zelda for another 4-5 years, about same graphics as xbox 360 and a new system planned 3-4 years after its release as Nintendo has zero support for its systems

I would go with 360 for now, for the infinite coming and released games and wait for xbox 720 myself

Maybe grab a WiiU in 5-6 years in bargain bin with the new Zelda that will be released by that time and sell it after playing it

loosingENDS

Lol What!The WiiU won't cost $600 and we don't know how good the third party support will be for the system.And you can't take full advantage of the $199 dollar Xbox360 console because you need the 250GB hardrive or the 320GB hardrive to download DLC for all those games and to download lots of xbox live arcade titles and to install games.I own a xbox360 and I do enjoy playing on it, but it's a pain trying to buy a pile of expensive accesories to get the most out of the $199 console.

#11 Posted by super600 (30275 posts) -

And what was the comparision in this thread for the 360 and the WiiU.

#12 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

super600

Lol What!The WiiU won't cost $600 and we don't know how good the third party support will be for the system.And you can't take full advantage of the $199 dollar Xbox360 console because you need the 250GB hardrive or the 320GB hardrive to download DLC for all those games and to download lots of xbox live arcade titles and to install games.I own a xbox360 and I do enjoy playing on it, but it's a pain trying to buy a pile of expensive accesories to get the most out of the $199 console.

Actually you can download DLC and any Live game on the 4Gb model and play all games online etc

There is zero difference to the 250GB system

You dont have to buy any accessories at all

How about Wii motion plus btw ? Zelda wont play without it and i cant find it anywhere on the market, only the 50 euro controller, which i also did not need

Talk about a steal from Nintendo

WiiU will cost 500-600$ at least, remember that it has a huge screen, which would make it as expensive as a cell phone, which cost 600-800$ or more

Of course if they have basic graphics hardware, maybe it costs 500$

#13 Posted by super600 (30275 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Actually you can download DLC and any Live game on the 4Gb model and play all games online etc

How about Wii motion plus btw ? Zelda wont play without it and i cant find it anywhere on the market, only the 50 euro controller, which i also did not need

I'm talking about space for downloading lots of DLC and xbox live arcade titles for the console.The 4GB console doesn't provide lots of space for doing that. I had to waste money on buying xbox live and HDMI cables and I have to eventually waste money on buying a $100-150 harddrive.The Will will cost at least $400.The controller doesn;t really affect the price of the WiiU. It;s the hardware inside that will effect the price of the WiiU

#14 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

WiiU will cost 500-600$ at least, remember that it has a huge screen, which would make it as expensive as a cell phone, which cost 600-800$ or more

Of course if they have basic graphics hardware, maybe it costs 500$

Joke post??? You have no idea what you're talking about... Also, do you live in a third world country or something??? Motion plus sensors are ALL over the place..
#15 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

Joke post??? You have no idea what you're talking about... Also, do you live in a third world country or something??? Motion plus sensors are ALL over the place..WreckEm711

What do you mean ?

WiiU will not include a huge screen controller ?

#16 Posted by super600 (30275 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]Joke post??? You have no idea what you're talking about... Also, do you live in a third world country or something??? Motion plus sensors are ALL over the place..loosingENDS

What do you mean ?

Even though the controller is big it's pretty light to hold from what I heard from people that went to last years E3.

#17 Posted by themagicbum9720 (6505 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]Joke post??? You have no idea what you're talking about... Also, do you live in a third world country or something??? Motion plus sensors are ALL over the place..loosingENDS

What do you mean ?

you're as stupid as williambaker, you should stop posting.
#18 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]Joke post??? You have no idea what you're talking about... Also, do you live in a third world country or something??? Motion plus sensors are ALL over the place..super600

What do you mean ?

Even though the controller is big it's pretty light to hold from what I heard from people that went to last years E3.

But it is the shape that is the problem, not the weight

Holding a tablet is akward, to say the least and the worst pad design i could think of

Also will make WiiU price go sky high, unless they have graphics hardware of 4-5 years back to cut back that cost

Tablets with such screens cost 500$+ and have far worst hardware than xbox 360

#19 Posted by super600 (30275 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

What do you mean ?

loosingENDS

Holding a tablet is akward, to say the least and the worst pad design i could think of

Also will make WiiU price go sky high, unless they have graphics hardware of 4-5 years back to cut back that cost

The tablet controller isn't actually an ordinary tablet.The controller has no hardware inside of it.The materials that make up the tablet controller are cost effective.

#20 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

The tablet controller isn't actually an ordinary tablet.The controller has no hardware inside of it.The materials that make up the tablet controller are cost effective.

The screen is a still a screen, even if they have cardboard around it, would still cost nearly as much

And WiiU sill has graphics hardware, does not matter if it is on the tablet or in a separate box, it is still expensive since it is not just PC parts

The only way to have a reasonable price for this setup, is having hardware from many years back inside

#21 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

It has to have some hardware. But it still isn't the same as a normal tablet because you need to be in the same building as the console to use the controller.

#22 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

It has to have some hardware. But it still isn't the same as a normal tablet because you need to be in the same building as the console to use the controller.

And how does that reduce the cost ?

#23 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

loosingENDS

I was just correcting him because it has to have some hardware inside.

I didn't say anything about cutting cost.

Though I still think the system will be powerful just based on what most of the developers that are making games for it are saying they are impressed with the hardware.

#24 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

I'm not a fan of Nintendo consoles (Gamecube, Wii and Wii-U), I only like the handhelds.. god I love the handhelds.

#25 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]It has to have some hardware. But it still isn't the same as a normal tablet because you need to be in the same building as the console to use the controller.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Though I still think the system will be powerful just based on what most of the developers that are making games for it are saying they are impressed with the hardware.

Then the price will probably be huge

I dont see how they can pack impressive hardware and a huge screen for a low price, that would be something if they can pull it off

#26 Posted by dotWithShoes (4832 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Then the price will probably be huge

I dont see how they can pack impressive hardware and a huge screen for a low price, that would be something if they can pull it off

6.5 isn't HUGE.. and LCD screens are not thath expensive.. It;d ot like they took the an iPad and stuffed it in their controller. I take it you've held the controller, played with the controller, and have plenty of experince with it to know it's awkward and huge? I'm just saying, if you don't ... then shut up about it being awkward to hold, you don't know.
#27 Posted by dontshackzmii (6026 posts) -

microsoft is garbage

#28 Posted by super600 (30275 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

I was talking about having a seperate GPU/CPU like an ordinary tablet.

#29 Posted by super600 (30275 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

The screen is a still a screen, even if they have cardboard around it, would still cost nearly as much

And WiiU sill has graphics hardware, does not matter if it is on the tablet or in a separate box, it is still expensive since it is not just PC parts

The only way to have a reasonable price for this setup, is having hardware from many years back inside

It's still possible to have tech specs that include 2008/2009 or greater hardware inside the console even with the controller.

#30 Posted by AzatiS (7215 posts) -
lol.... Comparing a non existant console vs a nearly 7 years old one.... Comparing a next - gen console to a nearly 7 years old one... I mean what is logic of this poll , to prove what really? How many mega sheeps or lemmings are online atm? Dont get it...
#31 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

6.5 isn't HUGE.. and LCD screens are not thath expensive.. It;d ot like they took the an iPad and stuffed it in their controller. I take it you've held the controller, played with the controller, and have plenty of experince with it to know it's awkward and huge? I'm just saying, if you don't ... then shut up about it being awkward to hold, you don't know.dotWithShoes

I have played with an iPad and the feeling of holding the huge thing is terrible, how much different could it be ?

microsoft is garbage

dontshackzmii

Yet 360 has my top exclusives like Fable, Lost Odyssey, top multipltforms like Skyrim, Witcher, top shooters, top motion controls, top online and 99.9999% of PC gamers buy MS platform (windows) to play their games on

How garbage can MS be exactly when it controls 99.9999% of gaming ?

#32 Posted by speedfog (3035 posts) -

microsoft is garbage

dontshackzmii

Yet alot of people uses windows 7

#33 Posted by Zurrur (1701 posts) -

Xbox 360 is completely irrelevant since there is PS3

Wii U is the clear winner here even though its total failure

#34 Posted by dotWithShoes (4832 posts) -

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"]

6.5 isn't HUGE.. and LCD screens are not thath expensive.. It;d ot like they took the an iPad and stuffed it in their controller. I take it you've held the controller, played with the controller, and have plenty of experince with it to know it's awkward and huge? I'm just saying, if you don't ... then shut up about it being awkward to hold, you don't know.loosingENDS

I have played with an iPad and the feeling of holding the huge thing is terrible, how much different could it be ?

9.7 inch is much larger than 6.5 inch. I'm pretty sure the iPad was designed to be held ergonically for playing video games for extended periods of time. Just because they have similar aspects to them, you cannot compare them.
#35 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

Xbox 360 is completely irrelevant since there is PS3

Wii U is the clear winner here even though its total failure

Zurrur

Fanboy much?

#36 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

Wii U is the clear winner here. It will not only be the first HD console, but it will have great third-party support, a tablet controller, and compatability with all Wii hardware.

#37 Posted by dontshackzmii (6026 posts) -

[QUOTE="dontshackzmii"]

microsoft is garbage

speedfog

quantity=quality?

#38 Posted by bbkkristian (14940 posts) -
Unreleased platform no one has played yet vs. years old, current gen console. Unreasonable comparisons FTL. :x
#39 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Why do people continue to argue with loosingends?

Time and time again his posts have shown just how full of sh!t he is.

His robotic responses are a bit funny though.

#40 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

[QUOTE="speedfog"]

[QUOTE="dontshackzmii"]

microsoft is garbage

dontshackzmii

quantity=quality?

Considering linux is free, windows is doing something right.