Wii U Tech Specs Fail

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chickfornick (34 posts) -

So now we have all seen the Wii Us weak specs and its not even a last gen system that even struglles with multi plats and is over priced with another gimmick controller, how long do you all think it will be until Nintendo go third party?

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (40577 posts) -
Thank God, we unsticked the hype thread. No offense, Adobe, This would've happened anyway.
#3 Posted by clyde46 (46289 posts) -
Not level 10.
#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (43423 posts) -

Level 4... Such a shame, as we lose a genuinely well thought out and interesti... Wait, this threads a load of bollocks.

#5 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25356 posts) -

#6 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Level 4... Such a shame, as we lose a genuinely well thought out and interesti... Wait, this threads a load of bollocks.

lundy86_4

And that's the end of that...

#7 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -
If it isn't even current gen how does it run current gen games? That's a flawed statement if I've ever heard one. The TC clearly doesn't understand hardware. He/She doesn't understand that clock speeds don't mean much. He/She also doesn't understand that 2GB RAM is bigger than 512MB, or that 32MB eDRAM is better than 10MB, or that the Wii U has a separate Audio processor that alleviates work from the CPU and that some 360 game's audio takes up a whole core.
#8 Posted by darkspineslayer (19686 posts) -
Level 4, nothing to see here folks.
#9 Posted by simomate (1859 posts) -

So now we have all seen the Wii Us weak specs and its not even a last gen system that even struglles with multi plats and is over priced with another gimmick controller, how long do you all think it will be until Nintendo go third party?

chickfornick
You need to be level 10 to post treads therefore: You're point is invalid.
#10 Posted by Bigboi500 (29910 posts) -

chickfornick

watdefeck?

#11 Posted by mariokart64fan (19495 posts) -

lol you think just because the clock speeds are a bit slower that it means a bad system get real its got more ram . and that alone makes it a next gen platform , the more ram the more your able to do with it .

and its got tri core processor much like the xbox360 .

a ggpu which is new , and it will help once developers start using it! stop judging based on sloppy port jobs . done rushed for launch because if i remember right xbox360 really didnt look to much different at launch then a late xbox game . -in fact i got 2 for you --- nfs most wanted burnout revenge.

these were rushed ports and look how they looked. they really didnt look to much better and the best looking launch game was pd0 in fact i say too good that- the gameplay suffered.,

so in the end we are going to have to wait to see what the future brings but the fact its able to push graphics like 360 atm , is enough for me ,

#12 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

lol you think just because the clock speeds are a bit slower that it means a bad system get real its got more ram . and that alone makes it a next gen platform , the more ram the more your able to do with it .

and its got tri core processor much like the xbox360 .

a ggpu which is new , and it will help once developers start using it! stop judging based on sloppy port jobs . done rushed for launch because if i remember right xbox360 really didnt look to much different at launch then a late xbox game . -in fact i got 2 for you --- nfs most wanted burnout revenge.

these were rushed ports and look how they looked. they really didnt look to much better and the best looking launch game was pd0 in fact i say too good that- the gameplay suffered.,

so in the end we are going to have to wait to see what the future brings but the fact its able to push graphics like 360 atm , is enough for me ,

mariokart64fan

Also the two obvious horrible ports were Tony Hawk American Wasteland and Gun they looked like the Xbox version.

Also on the PS3 Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire it looked like a launch PS2 game and it was a launch PS3 title.

#13 Posted by MonsieurX (30228 posts) -
This thread had such potential
#14 Posted by chickfornick (34 posts) -

This thread had such potentialMonsieurX

thanks I think so too

#15 Posted by MonsieurX (30228 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]This thread had such potentialchickfornick

thanks I think so too

For being locked, I mean.
#16 Posted by ronvalencia (15112 posts) -

chickfornick
It did well with Trine 2.
#17 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

chickfornick

Butthurt already??? Give it sometime, pace yourself.

#18 Posted by chickfornick (34 posts) -

[QUOTE="chickfornick"]

ronvalencia

It did well with Trine 2.

True test of a systems power right there.

#19 Posted by AznbkdX (3203 posts) -

I do agree that the specs fail to disappoint, you are right about that.

#20 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Apparently, Wii:U is worse than 360 in some areas and the Wii:U will be "Dwarfed" by the next xbox and playstation.
Also people are saying that its 3 Wii's duct-taped together or 6 Gamecubes duct-taped together.

Welcome to 2006 Nintendo Gamers.

#21 Posted by asl2006 (188 posts) -

chickfornick

*yawn*

#22 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Apparently, Wii:U is worse than 360 in some areas and the Wii:U will be "Dwarfed" by the next xbox and playstation.
Also people are saying that its 3 Wii's duct-taped together or 6 Gamecubes duct-taped together.

Welcome to 2006 Nintendo Gamers.

g0ddyX

Then again the Wii U is probably also a trendstetter, meaning that Nextbox and PS4 will likely use a similar hardware setup (MCM - multi-chip module with integrated GPU + CPU, focus on GPGPU, low-clocked but multi-core CPU, touch-screen controller, ect.).

So it may be three Wiis duct-tapped together with a "gimmick" controller but it's still a messenger of the future and role model to "borrow" ideas and concepts from for the other console makers...

#23 Posted by AdobeArtist (22884 posts) -

But the level 10 rule succeeds ;)