Wii U Tech Specs Fail

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chickfornick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chickfornick
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts

So now we have all seen the Wii Us weak specs and its not even a last gen system that even struglles with multi plats and is over priced with another gimmick controller, how long do you all think it will be until Nintendo go third party?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
Thank God, we unsticked the hype thread. No offense, Adobe, This would've happened anyway.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Not level 10.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

Level 4... Such a shame, as we lose a genuinely well thought out and interesti... Wait, this threads a load of bollocks.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Level 4... Such a shame, as we lose a genuinely well thought out and interesti... Wait, this threads a load of bollocks.

lundy86_4

And that's the end of that...

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
If it isn't even current gen how does it run current gen games? That's a flawed statement if I've ever heard one. The TC clearly doesn't understand hardware. He/She doesn't understand that clock speeds don't mean much. He/She also doesn't understand that 2GB RAM is bigger than 512MB, or that 32MB eDRAM is better than 10MB, or that the Wii U has a separate Audio processor that alleviates work from the CPU and that some 360 game's audio takes up a whole core.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Level 4, nothing to see here folks.
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

So now we have all seen the Wii Us weak specs and its not even a last gen system that even struglles with multi plats and is over priced with another gimmick controller, how long do you all think it will be until Nintendo go third party?

chickfornick
You need to be level 10 to post treads therefore: You're point is invalid.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

chickfornick

watdefeck?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#11 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol you think just because the clock speeds are a bit slower that it means a bad system get real its got more ram . and that alone makes it a next gen platform , the more ram the more your able to do with it .

and its got tri core processor much like the xbox360 .

a ggpu which is new , and it will help once developers start using it! stop judging based on sloppy port jobs . done rushed for launch because if i remember right xbox360 really didnt look to much different at launch then a late xbox game . -in fact i got 2 for you --- nfs most wanted burnout revenge.

these were rushed ports and look how they looked. they really didnt look to much better and the best looking launch game was pd0 in fact i say too good that- the gameplay suffered.,

so in the end we are going to have to wait to see what the future brings but the fact its able to push graphics like 360 atm , is enough for me ,

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

lol you think just because the clock speeds are a bit slower that it means a bad system get real its got more ram . and that alone makes it a next gen platform , the more ram the more your able to do with it .

and its got tri core processor much like the xbox360 .

a ggpu which is new , and it will help once developers start using it! stop judging based on sloppy port jobs . done rushed for launch because if i remember right xbox360 really didnt look to much different at launch then a late xbox game . -in fact i got 2 for you --- nfs most wanted burnout revenge.

these were rushed ports and look how they looked. they really didnt look to much better and the best looking launch game was pd0 in fact i say too good that- the gameplay suffered.,

so in the end we are going to have to wait to see what the future brings but the fact its able to push graphics like 360 atm , is enough for me ,

mariokart64fan

Also the two obvious horrible ports were Tony Hawk American Wasteland and Gun they looked like the Xbox version.

Also on the PS3 Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire it looked like a launch PS2 game and it was a launch PS3 title.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
This thread had such potential
chickfornick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chickfornick

This thread had such potentialMonsieurX

thanks I think so too

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]This thread had such potentialchickfornick

thanks I think so too

For being locked, I mean.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

chickfornick
It did well with Trine 2.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

chickfornick

Butthurt already??? Give it sometime, pace yourself.

chickfornick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chickfornick

[QUOTE="chickfornick"]

ronvalencia

It did well with Trine 2.

True test of a systems power right there.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

I do agree that the specs fail to disappoint, you are right about that.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Apparently, Wii:U is worse than 360 in some areas and the Wii:U will be "Dwarfed" by the next xbox and playstation.
Also people are saying that its 3 Wii's duct-taped together or 6 Gamecubes duct-taped together.

Welcome to 2006 Nintendo Gamers.

asl2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 asl2006
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

chickfornick

*yawn*

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Apparently, Wii:U is worse than 360 in some areas and the Wii:U will be "Dwarfed" by the next xbox and playstation.
Also people are saying that its 3 Wii's duct-taped together or 6 Gamecubes duct-taped together.

Welcome to 2006 Nintendo Gamers.

g0ddyX

Then again the Wii U is probably also a trendstetter, meaning that Nextbox and PS4 will likely use a similar hardware setup (MCM - multi-chip module with integrated GPU + CPU, focus on GPGPU, low-clocked but multi-core CPU, touch-screen controller, ect.).

So it may be three Wiis duct-tapped together with a "gimmick" controller but it's still a messenger of the future and role model to "borrow" ideas and concepts from for the other console makers...

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

But the level 10 rule succeeds ;)