Wii U is the manliest console.

#1 Edited by loco145 (10766 posts) -

That 93/7 split!

#2 Posted by clyde46 (44983 posts) -

Lawl.

#3 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1365 posts) -

Mainly? They better have mustaches

#4 Edited by MBirdy88 (7704 posts) -

They truly are nostlagia riding.... our (my) age group that grew up on them... mostly... next to nobody else.

Though I see alot of female names/avatars on mario kart online...

#5 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3792 posts) -

Yeah, only if you have a vagina. I have a vagina #NotReally

#6 Posted by Cranler (8726 posts) -

It is the manliest. Takes major balls to sell such a weak console at such a high price.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (39167 posts) -

I do feel manly when handling my WiiU.

#8 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9883 posts) -

Ima man

#9 Posted by super600 (30306 posts) -

Post a source for whatever you posted in your Op TC.This data may not be that accurate, but it's still interesting.

#10 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3792 posts) -
#11 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9883 posts) -
#12 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

Ok, that is something else.

#13 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3792 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: lol exactly but not a man that plays the WiiU

I think you're right. I'm pretty sure Ron Burgundy didn't play Wii U :)

#14 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6943 posts) -

Fascinating stuff. This is the kind of research they should be funding.

#15 Edited by Speak_Low (945 posts) -

Well no wonder why Miyamoto went rogue yesterday and called people pathetic. He mad

#16 Posted by MBirdy88 (7704 posts) -

Well no wonder why Miyamoto went rogue yesterday and called people pathetic. He mad

shame he didnt call them pathetic. just the notion of "Your job as a game developer is to entertain me, not challenge me"

#17 Edited by AzatiS (7265 posts) -

As i said before again and again ( and sheeps calling me hater for this as well ) , its a big issue that Nintendo isnt appealing anymore to teens.

Its the new era of gamers that Nintendo cant lure in and that will hurt them in the long run.

If a 10-17 years old kid wont get into mario / zelda and other Nintendo franchises and stick to PC gaming or whatever most probably will avoid Nintendo systems in the future because his favorite 3rd party games wont find place or wont find interesting / getting nostalgic with the same games Nintendo is releasing the last 15/20 years.

Its the hardcore and older fans as we speak that driving wii U sales

#18 Posted by MonsieurX (29514 posts) -

Wii U master race

#19 Edited by PapaTrop (489 posts) -

All of them have neckbeards.

#20 Posted by DocSanchez (1566 posts) -

When they say 93% they mean it quite literally. There are 93 out of the full hundred wii u owners who are male.

#21 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2728 posts) -

@Cranler said:

It is the manliest. Takes major balls to sell such a weak console at such a high price.

Cranier wins hadoken

#22 Posted by inb4uall (5351 posts) -

@Cranler said:

Console pleb talks about other consoles being weak. #justpeasantthings

#23 Posted by CrashNeoSigma (12 posts) -

falls into my age group ... can't wait to get the wii u first week of next month

#24 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24898 posts) -

I thought Women played Nintendo more than Guys?

what information is this based on?

#25 Posted by Speak_Low (945 posts) -
@MBirdy88 said:

@speak_low said:

shame he didnt call them pathetic. just the notion of "Your job as a game developer is to entertain me, not challenge me"

I get that. Shades, coloring. That's like saying to someone close to you, "I don't think you're dumb, but some of the things you say are dumb. Your way of thinking is dumb, b-b-but not you!"

Or to your coworker: "I don't think you're annoying, but the way you do things is annoying."

I know Miyamoto didn't outright call every casual gamer out there pathetic, but the man is clearly on a rampage and is a loose cannon in that Edge interview. Nintendo can be that frustrating.

#26 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24898 posts) -

I think I just found the source.

It also turns out Gone Home is coming to WiiU. Much better news than what OP posted.

#27 Posted by lamprey263 (23170 posts) -

#28 Posted by MBirdy88 (7704 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@speak_low said:

I get that. Shades, coloring. That's like saying to someone close to you, "I don't think you're dumb, but some of the things you say are dumb. Your way of thinking is dumb, b-b-but not you!"

Or to your coworker: "I don't think you're annoying, but the way you do things is annoying."

I know Miyamoto didn't outright call every casual gamer out there pathetic, but the man is clearly on a rampage and is a loose cannon in that Edge interview. Nintendo can be that frustrating.

True, though he has to be careful, he is a gamer at heart, and grew up with them as most of us did. What he says might cause issues, but its blunt and truthful. the wider the audience gets, the expectation to water down and the lack of effort from the slipping casual side of users just want to be gratified without much resistance.... from his perspective it is frustrating... and understandably so.

Though MOBA's are proof enough that there is a large market for competitive gamers that want deeper experiences, sadly the console marketed is dominated by non-gamer managers/marketers that can't see past their friggin "casual users bring money" data and think it applies to all situations....

#29 Posted by Cranler (8726 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@Cranler said:

What makes you think I'm a console pleb? Not all of us pc gamers feel the need to display our configs in our sigs.

#30 Posted by bunchanumbers (444 posts) -

Wii U is the manliest console in the history of men. Irrefutable evidence of Wii U superiority.

#31 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@speak_low said:

I'm pretty sure casual gamers and maybe even hardcore gamers would have more fun at Disneyland than playing games. I know I did, but that's a bit of an exaggerated example on a lot of levels.

#32 Edited by parkurtommo (26476 posts) -

93%???? WUT.

#33 Edited by uninspiredcup (7840 posts) -

#34 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

The manchild system

#35 Posted by Shewgenja (8466 posts) -

Well, they did manage to make the original XBox controller look compact in comparison. That's pretty manly.

#36 Posted by clone01 (24523 posts) -

Okay then.

#37 Edited by inb4uall (5351 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@inb4uall said:

@Cranler said:

What makes you think I'm a console pleb? Not all of us pc gamers feel the need to display our configs in our sigs.

The way you act makes it pretty obvious. Als the tantrum you threw and Windows and Mac weren't separated.

#38 Posted by glez13 (8673 posts) -

To be a man you need to have a Wii by default...

#39 Posted by edwardecl (2112 posts) -

Sausage fest

#40 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3877 posts) -

those stats are downright awful, ninty must be shitting bricks. their main customers are the nostalgia fuelled 30 years old, they are not appealing to teenagers at all. with the exception of wii all ninty home consoles sold less than their predecessor