Wii U Becoming Nintendo’s Worst Selling Console

• 78 results
#1 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2109 posts) -

Still no online support and no games by Nintendo. DIE IN HELL NINTENDO !!!

#2 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

FFL thread... just walk away people.

#3 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4760 posts) -

Making topics is fun.

#4 Posted by always_explicit (2706 posts) -

Its time for Nintendo to stop trying to be innovative for the sake of being innovative and just produce a traditional, solid and powerful console with an abundance of software. Nintendo went from being the Grandfather of video games to the weird uncle. Such a waste of absolutely amazing IP.

#5 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

The saddest part is its still outselling Xbone.

#6 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2109 posts) -

You mean 500 dollar xbox one outsells 300 dollar wii u.

Wii u is released world wide, Xbox one with higher price is releaed only in 13 countries and still outsells Wii U

#7 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You mean 500 dollar xbox one outsells 300 dollar wii u.

Wii u is released world wide, Xbox one with higher price is releaed only in 13 countries and still outsells Wii U

$400 PS4 passed Wiiu months ago. The 13 countries MS launched in are the only ones that buy Xbox consoles. They might sell another 2-300k at the most when they launch tier 2.

#8 Posted by WallofTruth (1513 posts) -

I hope they make a new console and make it more like the SNES. Most people don't care about motion controls or touchpads, they just want to play good games.

#9 Posted by Sollet (7341 posts) -

I hope they make a new console and make it more like the SNES. Most people don't care about motion controls or touchpads, they just want to play good games.

I concur.

Still might pick up the Wii U because of the exclusives.

#10 Edited by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

LOL Nintendo hasn't been relevant in the console industry since the N64.

It's all about PS since then. The PS brand also sold the most consoles untill now...the more you know.

#11 Posted by WallofTruth (1513 posts) -

It's all about PS since then. The PS brand also sold the most consoles untill now...the more you know.

Yup, Nintendo is so irrelevant with their 101 million Wii's sold and tons of high rated exclusives.

#12 Posted by trugs26 (5293 posts) -

There are games, and there is online. Stop talking shit.

#13 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6918 posts) -

Bad thread is bad.

#14 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8203 posts) -

@walloftruth: the wii may have sold tons of systems but why didn't it get very good 3rd party support? Well it may be because it was underpowered compared to ps3/360. But the 3ds is under powered compared to even most phones and tablets and vita and it still gets support. It's because those 100 million wii owners don't buy games for them. If they do it's just say Mario or other Nintendo games. Hell most wii owners probably just played wii sports and them packed the wii into it's dust covered grave after the waggle effect grew old.

#15 Posted by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Yup, Nintendo is so irrelevant with their 101 million Wii's sold and tons of high rated exclusives.

Lol, nice try at ignoring WIi U.

But pls do inform me on how much Wii U's have been sold.

...LOL

#16 Posted by Heirren (16516 posts) -

Still no online support and no games by Nintendo. DIE IN HELL NINTENDO !!!

This is consumer sucking corporate d!ck at its finest.

#17 Posted by PonchoTaco (1964 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

Nice try ignoring the Wii in your original post.

#18 Posted by AtariKidX (6208 posts) -

WiiU sucks.......end of story.And yes....WiiU is Nintendo’s Worst Selling Console.

#19 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28357 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

and the fact sony ripped off the Wii motes, and motion tech and shoehorned it into useless sixaxis.

#20 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28357 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

lol ahhh the usual idiocy of suppa *puts fingers in ears* blah blah blah blah sony sony sony blah blah.

Id say get Sony out of your mouth but it seems as If you have super glued your lips to their junk.

#21 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24875 posts) -

Becoming?

Don't you mean IS?

It's already sad and pathetic to the GAMECUBE. Which was sadly Nintendo's Worst Selling Console before WiiU came out.

#22 Posted by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

lol ahhh the usual idiocy of suppa *puts fingers in ears* blah blah blah blah sony sony sony blah blah.

Id say get Sony out of your mouth but it seems as If you have super glued your lips to their junk.

I thought you were a lemming? Did MS dissapoint you so much that you turned into a sheep? Not a big upgrade though...

And I stated the facts, who's the topdog in the console industry? That's right Playstation. And Playstation as a brand sold more consoles than Nintendo.

#23 Edited by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

LOL, sheep living in the past as usual, well that's all you've got now isn't it?

And Wii was nothing more than a gimmick, ninty had luck that casuals were interested in it. But it was the worst console of that respective gen, it had a few good exclusives but that's it.

Meanwhile in the present, you know the time that is the most important, Wii U is dead and PS4 is owning.

#24 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24875 posts) -

I thought you were a lemming? Did MS dissapoint you so much that you turned into a sheep? Not a big upgrade though...

And I stated the facts, who's the topdog in the console industry? That's right Playstation. And Playstation as a brand sold more consoles than Nintendo.

The Biggest Game PS4 has gotten so far was Infamous. Next is Watchdogs which is NOT in 1080p and 60 frames like it was promised.

Meanwhile Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU IS at 1080p and 60 frames.

Better luck Next Gen?

#25 Posted by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

The Biggest Game PS4 has gotten so far was Infamous. Next is Watchdogs which is NOT in 1080p and 60 frames like it was promised.

Better luck Next Gen?

And E3 is around the corner, nice try at damage controlling with "bu..bu..bu..ps4 has no gamezzz"

Also didn't Mario kart 8 flop here? LOL

PS4 is winning or better already won this gen.

Better luck nex...LOL who am I kidding, PS has always been the king, enjoy your subpar console experiences with the pathetic competition.

#26 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24875 posts) -

And E3 is around the corner, nice try at damage controlling with "bu..bu..bu..ps4 has no gamezzz"

Better luck nex...LOL who am I kidding, PS has always been the king, enjoy your subpar console experiences with the pathetic competition.

Didn't say PS4 doesn't have games. I'm saying it's not exactly the great Messiah you're painting it out to be. You laugh at Xbox One and WiiU for all the same reasons you like the PS4 for.

It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

#27 Edited by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Didn't say PS4 doesn't have games. I'm saying it's not exactly the great Messiah you're painting it out to be. You laugh at Xbox One and WiiU for all the same reasons you like the PS4 for.

It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

PS4 hasn't even been out for year and people expect a big library of AAA exclusives? LOL

The great exclusives will come, just like every (PS) console it takes time.

#28 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24875 posts) -

PS4 hasn't even been out for year and people expect a big library of AAA exclusives? LOL

Now you're using the same low ball Excuse Sheeps are using. What are you a Sheep?

#29 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6973 posts) -

I think the Wii U is quickly becoming the best console Nintendo has ever put to market. Its sales do suck, though.

#30 Posted by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Now you're using the same low ball Excuse Sheeps are using. What are you a Sheep?

Nice try at twisting. How long has the Wii U been out and how long has the PS4 been out? It's a viable argument for PS4 not for Wii U since that console has been out for WAY longer than PS4.

Anyway your damage control won't change the facts. PS4 is dominating.

#31 Edited by coasterguy65 (5873 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

You're the one who said Nintendo hasn't been relevant since the N64. He proved you wrong by pointing out that the Wii sold over 100 million. Pretty relevant considering they won the 7th generation. Instead of just admitting you were wrong, you try to deflect by saying "nice try at ignoring the Wii-U"

This is why PS fanboys like yourself are looked at as the "special" kids of the boards. You guys really only hear what you want.

#32 Posted by coasterguy65 (5873 posts) -

Well if the Wii-U does fail hopefully all 3 console manufactures will learn that people aren't looking for gimmicks. We buy game consoles to play games. Stop with all the motion, AR, and VR crap and get back to making consoles that play games.

#33 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

I think the name confused people initially and people thought it was an accessory for the Wii.Now when people know it.s weak hardware, weak 3rd party support and weak online they dont want it.

#34 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -
#35 Edited by Thunderdrone (5481 posts) -

@Suppaman100: My IQ seems to be dropping dramatically as I keep reading your posts.

Dear god

#36 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24875 posts) -

Nice try at twisting. How long has the Wii U been out and how long has the PS4 been out? It's a viable argument for PS4 not for Wii U since that console has been out for WAY longer than PS4.

Anyway your damage control won't change the facts. PS4 is dominating.

I also never denied that PS4 wasn't dominating. Though I just think it's funny that you're using the "Just wait" argument when you already have 68 titles for the PS4 in it's first year.

Way more than what Xbox One and WiiU ever had for their First Year.

#37 Posted by MonsieurX (29491 posts) -

OP needs to stop creating threads.

#38 Posted by GamingGod999 (2962 posts) -

lolWiiU

#39 Posted by TigerSuperman (1976 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Better luck Next Gen?

With textures said on Below none, and with 40 frames of animation per action. Horrible case here.

#40 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Its time for Nintendo to stop trying to be innovative for the sake of being innovative and just produce a traditional, solid and powerful console with an abundance of software. Nintendo went from being the Grandfather of video games to the weird uncle. Such a waste of absolutely amazing IP.

Agreed. If they just made a straight-up, focused, traditional console. I'd be on board. Becuase most likely, it will sell well. If it sells well, then the 3rd parties come back.

#41 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6973 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

Agreed. If they just made a straight-up, focused, traditional console. I'd be on board. Becuase most likely, it will sell well. If it sells well, then the 3rd parties come back.

The Wii sold well, and the 3rd parties were not on board. The Gamecube was a straight-up, focused, traditional console and it sold horribly.

#42 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@shellcase86 said:

@always_explicit said:

The Wii sold well, and the 3rd parties were not on board. The Gamecube was a straight-up, focused, traditional console and it sold horribly.

Dang! You're right.

#43 Edited by PonchoTaco (1964 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

LOL, sheep living in the past as usual, well that's all you've got now isn't it?

And Wii was nothing more than a gimmick, ninty had luck that casuals were interested in it. But it was the worst console of that respective gen, it had a few good exclusives but that's it.

Meanwhile in the present, you know the time that is the most important, Wii U is dead and PS4 is owning.

Shhhh.... be peaceful now. The butthurt will end soon.

Quit acting like the Wii wasn't a freaking success.

And sheep living in the past? Have you been on System Wars at all lately? All cows talk about is The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, etc.

Each post you've made in this thread is nothing but hypocrisy or ignorance. It seems to be that you're the only person in this thread that doesn't see it.

#44 Edited by always_explicit (2706 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@shellcase86 said:

@always_explicit said:

Dang! You're right.

The problem is the lack of relevant software. The newer generations of gamers couldnt care less about Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon. They dont know what they are missing because they have not played 10,15, year old hardware like some of us on these forums. The new generations want new and exciting IP's. Its time for Nintendo to create a few new characters. Its like they have run out of idea's and recycle the same tired format but its just not going to work as the young guns start picking up their first games console. Instead of creating new software projects Nintendo has relied on hardware innovation...and it looks like that well has run dry too.

I honestly believe a powerful console with a traditional controller and a nice mix of old classic IP's and new exciting ones would be the perfect recipe for a new Ninty console. Give the kids something to be excited about. Pokemon dominated my pre teen years at school. Me and every friend I had NEEDED the next big Pokemon game. I just dont think that lust for Nintendo products exists anymore

#45 Edited by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

You're the one who said Nintendo hasn't been relevant since the N64. He proved you wrong by pointing out that the Wii sold over 100 million. Pretty relevant considering they won the 7th generation. Instead of just admitting you were wrong, you try to deflect by saying "nice try at ignoring the Wii-U"

This is why PS fanboys like yourself are looked at as the "special" kids of the boards. You guys really only hear what you want.

LOL yeah ninty lucked out with Wii being a hit with casuals. But it was the worst console of that respective gen, it won in sales, that's it.

Ah you sheep keep on going with massive amounts of damage control.

#46 Edited by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -

@Suppaman100: My IQ seems to be dropping dramatically as I keep reading your posts.

Lucky for you, you have almost nothing to lose in that department.

#47 Edited by leandrro (801 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

did you believe the "innovation" BS? they just wanted to sell a superoverpriced console that cost 100 to produce and sell it as next gen, that shitty "innovation" pad costs 20 to produce, a much better tablet is sold at $50

nintendo took the activision road, maximum profit and minimum costs, but that only works it the consumer is stupid enough to jump in

#48 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6248 posts) -

Nintendo's fault, not the gamers.

#49 Posted by WallofTruth (1513 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

You said Nintendo hasn't been relevant since the N64, I proved you wrong, so what has the Wii U to do with the success of the Wii?

#50 Posted by WallofTruth (1513 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@walloftruth said:

@Suppaman100 said:

...LOL

Now that's just lying. Nintendo sold way more consoles than PlayStation. Just alone Nintendo's handhelds sold more than all PlayStation consoles combined.