Wii is a MONSTER, decimating competition in sales DESPITE SHORTAGES

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
I dont think people truly realize how big the Wii is, not only is it crushing the 360/PS3 in NDP/Media crate sales figures.... but its never even in stock?! Imagine how many units it would sell if it was readily available and not impossible to find on store shelves? Would it sell 3x more than the competition? 4x?! 5x?!!!
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
I think Nintendo needs to revamp production. I'm still waiting for some good 3rd party games.
Hockey_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hockey_Slayer
Member since 2004 • 3213 Posts
I dont think people truly realize how big the Wii is, not only is it crushing the 360/PS3 in NDP/Media crate sales figures.... but its never even in stock?! Imagine how many units it would sell if it was readily available and not impossible to find on store shelves? Would it sell 3x more than the competion? 4x?! 5x?!!!jedigemini
umm kay?
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
Imagine what happens when Mario, SSBB and Metroid come out?
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
[QUOTE="hummer700"]I think they would sell a little less if it were readily available, because making it hard to find makes people want it more. Though they should make it SOME WHAT available...

err....I don't think a $250 console is an impulse buy that you would pass up absent a supply constraint.
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

I dont think people truly realize how big the Wii is, not only is it crushing the 360/PS3 in NDP/Media crate sales figures.... but its never even in stock?! Imagine how many units it would sell if it was readily available and not impossible to find on store shelves? Would it sell 3x more than the competition? 4x?! 5x?!!!jedigemini

:lol: 

Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts

I think Nintendo needs to revamp production. I'm still waiting for some good 3rd party games. linkhero1

Have you tried Sonic?

linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 linkhero1

[QUOTE="linkhero1"]I think Nintendo needs to revamp production. I'm still waiting for some good 3rd party games. Moon_of_Majora

Have you tried Sonic?

I'm not a huge Sonic fan.
jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jedigemini

[QUOTE="jedigemini"]I dont think people truly realize how big the Wii is, not only is it crushing the 360/PS3 in NDP/Media crate sales figures.... but its never even in stock?! Imagine how many units it would sell if it was readily available and not impossible to find on store shelves? Would it sell 3x more than the competition? 4x?! 5x?!!!Kaosed

360s and PS3s are selling roughly half of what the Wii is right now despite the fact that they are sitting on store shelves everywhere... I fail to see the humor in this
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
It may be quote-unquote decimating competition in sales, but its being decimated by lack of games.
Moon_of_Majora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Moon_of_Majora
Member since 2006 • 6065 Posts
[QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]

[QUOTE="linkhero1"]I think Nintendo needs to revamp production. I'm still waiting for some good 3rd party games. linkhero1

Have you tried Sonic?

Oh. Well, you should rent it anyway. It's fun. Very frustrating for the first hour or so, but fun.

linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 linkhero1
[QUOTE="linkhero1"][QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]

[QUOTE="linkhero1"]I think Nintendo needs to revamp production. I'm still waiting for some good 3rd party games. Moon_of_Majora

Have you tried Sonic?

Oh. Well, you should rent it anyway. It's fun. Very frustrating for the first hour or so, but fun.

I'll probably get it once it becomes a budget game.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="Moon_of_Majora"]

[QUOTE="linkhero1"]I think Nintendo needs to revamp production. I'm still waiting for some good 3rd party games. linkhero1

Have you tried Sonic?

Neither am I. I liked the 2D ones (Sonic 1-3, Sonic Rush), and did not like the 3D ones at all. But I love Sonic and the Secret Rings. If nothing else, rent it and give it a shot. It's definately worth that much.
jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jedigemini

Imagine what happens when Mario, SSBB and Metroid come out?hyruledweller
console war am over.

Seriously though I think non-games like Nintendogs, Wii health pack, Wii sports 2 , Brain Age ect will have an even bigger impact on console sales

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts

[QUOTE="hyruledweller"]Imagine what happens when Mario, SSBB and Metroid come out?jedigemini

console war am over.

Seriously though I think non-games like Nintendogs, Wii health pack, Wii sports 2 , Brain Age ect will have an even bigger impact on console sales

Why? Just curious. What makes them more special than any other game? 

Spartanx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Spartanx23
Member since 2005 • 1554 Posts

A MONSTER huh.:|  Then where are its monster games?

I love Nintendo and all, but Twilight Princess is the only game that can hang this generation.  Nintendo is hot right now, but what happens in a year after Sony and Microsoft really step up!

The Halo's, Ratchet's, Jax's, Banjo's, Metal Gears, and price cuts will start to eat the Wii for breakfast!  Price cuts are about the only thing stoping these next gen beasts from being unleashed.

An Xbox 360 premium packed with Halo 3 for $200, and Microsoft is moving hardware just as fast.  A Blue-ray GT5 pack for $300, and the PS3 is selling like hotcakes.

You could argue that Nintendo can put a Mario Galaxy pack together for $189, but pretty soon that won't matter, because more people are going to be ready for true next gen games.:)

I don't think Nintendo can keep this pace after this year.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jedigemini
[QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

[QUOTE="jedigemini"]I dont think people truly realize how big the Wii is, not only is it crushing the 360/PS3 in NDP/Media crate sales figures.... but its never even in stock?! Imagine how many units it would sell if it was readily available and not impossible to find on store shelves? Would it sell 3x more than the competition? 4x?! 5x?!!!Kaosed

360s and PS3s are selling roughly half of what the Wii is right now despite the fact that they are sitting on store shelves everywhere... I fail to see the humor in this

This is what happens to people who get owned so badly they dont even have a response... they start to go crazy

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jedigemini

I love Nintendo and all, but Twilight Princess is the only game that can hang this generation.  Nintendo is hot right now, but what happens in a year after Sony and Microsoft really step up!

The Halo's, Ratchet's, Jax's, Banjo's, Metal Gears, and price cuts will start to eat the Wii for breakfast!  Price cuts are about the only thing stoping these next gen beasts from being unleashed.

An Xbox 360 premium packed with Halo 3 for $200, and Microsoft is moving hardware just as fast.  A Blue-ray GT5 pack for $300, and the PS3 is selling like hotcakes.

You could argue that Nintendo can put a Mario Galaxy pack together for $189, but pretty soon that won't matter, because more people are going to be ready for true next gen games.:)

Spartanx23

Or maybe you just dont want to think Nintendo will keep up this kind of pace? ;)

I dont blame you because the reality is the Wii will pass the 360 in mere months ;)

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jedigemini
[QUOTE="Spartanx23"]

jedigemini

Or maybe you just dont want to think Nintendo will keep up this kind of pace? ;)

I dont blame you because the reality is the Wii will pass the 360 in mere months ;)

ouch
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kaosed
[QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

[QUOTE="jedigemini"]I dont think people truly realize how big the Wii is, not only is it crushing the 360/PS3 in NDP/Media crate sales figures.... but its never even in stock?! Imagine how many units it would sell if it was readily available and not impossible to find on store shelves? Would it sell 3x more than the competition? 4x?! 5x?!!!jedigemini

This is what happens to people who get owned so badly they dont even have a response... they start to go crazy

when was i owned in the first place?

cause i laughed at ur dumbs**** thread?

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jedigemini
[QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

you never even offered an argument = self-ownage

Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kaosed
[QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

[QUOTE="jedigemini"]I dont think people truly realize how big the Wii is, not only is it crushing the 360/PS3 in NDP/Media crate sales figures.... but its never even in stock?! Imagine how many units it would sell if it was readily available and not impossible to find on store shelves? Would it sell 3x more than the competition? 4x?! 5x?!!!jedigemini

i dont need an argument to laugh something

self owned 

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jedigemini
[QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

self owned 

keep your laughter to yourself if you dont offer any discussion - this is a discussion forum and not having any content to your posts is breaking the TOS. Reported. Sefl ownage reversed ;)
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kaosed
[QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"][QUOTE="jedigemini"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

self owned

keep your laughter to yourself if you dont offer any discussion - this is a discussion forum and not having any content to your posts is breaking the TOS. Reported. Sefl ownage reversed ;)

if you werent a fanboy i would feel offended 

WiiForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WiiForAll
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
I like how people point out that the other consoles will experience price cuts in the future, causing them to compete more with the Wii. You people think Wii will stay at its current price once that happens? If anything, the Wii is the system most poised for a cut. Nintendo didn't even want it priced as high as it is to begin with. They're already making a profit with each one sold, so they have a lot of breathing room. Plus, the Wii has plenty of big games already announced, and you can bet even more will be announced in the coming months that will rival the big names of the other systems. The Wii will continue this dominance and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
TheJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 TheJustin
Member since 2006 • 2197 Posts
I dont think people truly realize how big the Wii is, not only is it crushing the 360/PS3 in NDP/Media crate sales figures.... but its never even in stock?! Imagine how many units it would sell if it was readily available and not impossible to find on store shelves? Would it sell 3x more than the competition? 4x?! 5x?!!!jedigemini

Doesn't make the Wii any better at the moment though, unfortunatly :(
jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jedigemini
I like how people point out that the other consoles will experience price cuts in the future, causing them to compete more with the Wii. You people think Wii will stay at its current price once that happens? If anything, the Wii is the system most poised for a cut. Nintendo didn't even want it priced as high as it is to begin with. They're already making a profit with each one sold, so they have a lot of breathing room. Plus, the Wii has plenty of big games already announced, and you can bet even more will be announced in the coming months that will rival the big names of the other systems. The Wii will continue this dominance and there's nothing anyone can do about it.WiiForAll
bingo