Wii Hater Turned Wii Believer! My adventrue in obtaining a Wii today

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
  I am a hardcore 360 fan and still love my 360.  My girlfriend and me decided to buy a wii before xmas and I finally lived up to it.  They are impossible to find aand that is why it has taken me so long.

News spread in New Haven, CT that some stores in the area would have Nintendo Wii's. I thinking there would be no lines (post launch) didn't get up to 6 and reached a local target by 8am.  To my amazment there were some 25 odd people in line in front of target.  The Clerk opens the door and yells "if you did not get a slip you dont' get a Wii."  I walked away pissed off.

Circut City was across the street and did not open till 10:00 am.  Already a line had formed in the 26 degree weather, 2 hours before the store opened.  I said forget it and hauled ass to another target 5 miles up the road in the mall.  I saw people walking fast into the store so I gave chase.  To my astonishment they had Wii's still there.   I got one of the last Wii's in the store and probably even the last ones available in my state.

I thought the Wii may flop but no way.  If Nintendo still can't keep up with demand and they are still selling out this far beyond launch then the Wii spells big numbers.  It may even rival the DS.

I love my 360 and now love the Wii right next to it.  I was a skeptic but learned afteer playing that the games don't have to look great, they are just FUN.
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
That's a cool story, thanks for sharing it!
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
I just killed a guy for his wii.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Blog much?
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Hmm... is this true? Well what game did you get? Do you just have Wii Sports?
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
awsome, wii60 FTW. After playing Wii Sports I realized that I wasn't even paying attention to the graphics, I was just watching that ball weaiting for the right time to swing
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts
I just killed a guy for his wii.palaric8
lol, I killed two, and ran over a dog with a firetruck that I stole GTA style
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
Your post failed to give any examples of fun had. I do love how people say, Yes, I had fun. Like they have never experience fun before. Its not losing your virginity you know. If you werent having fun before you played teh Wii, then what the hell were you doing. Anyway I am happy for you. Would have liked your post better if you spent more time explaining your adventure in playing the Wii. Less time talking about how people are still trying to get one. I mean look at Epic movie, that made Millions and is the worst spoof ever to be made. I had to double check Uwe Boll, didnt direct it.
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
PS3 is the opposite of the wii.  Its not just plain fun.  You have to spend huge money on it, and then figure out how to get the fun out of it.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
I do remember you as being a Wii hater. I'm glad you like it. It really is a great system, and I think it's a perfect complement to the 360 (I plan to get a 360 when the price drops).
YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 YourExpert
Hmm... is this true? Well what game did you get? Do you just have Wii Sports? yoshi_64

Zelda my gf got Wario
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]Hmm... is this true? Well what game did you get? Do you just have Wii Sports? YourExpert

Zelda my gf got Wario

Cool, Warioware is a great party game, and can support up to like 12 people in some of the modes. I tell you, if you ever have a party with friends, bring it out.
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 palaric8
it wasn't worth it,TP looks like a dreamcast game
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
PS3 is the opposite of the wii.  Its not just plain fun.  You have to spend huge money on it, and then figure out how to get the fun out of it.carl2tan
I think you're supposed to tip it upside down, try that my friend had the same problem.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

PS3 is the opposite of the wii.  Its not just plain fun.  You have to spend huge money on it, and then figure out how to get the fun out of it.carl2tan

LMAO!!!!

post of the day!!

:lol:

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YourExpert
You want to hear about me and Wii, ok.

When I hooked it up, I was a little perplexed.  I've been gameing for 20 years and have owned atleast 12 different consoles.   They all pretty much hooked up the same until I noticed the sensor bar and how to align it.  After taking 20 mins to figure how to hook the Wii up, I went into setup. 

Of course me being use to standard consoloes, could not figure out why I could not set the clocks.  I was clicking buttons and flipping the analog stick until I waved my arms in frustartion and a light bulb went off.  My hand icon flowed across the screen and I got it.  You actually don't use the analog stick but motion your hand to adjust the time, date, etc.   I configured the console and went into Wii sports.  Me and My gf had a blast for the short 10mins we played it.  We trained in boxing and had a blast punching the air.

I had to go to work and have not had a chance to play it since.  I'm going to play it after dinner but just wanted to share my expiernece.  I can't wait to play Zelda!! 

Gears of War+Zelda= Gaming heaven with Crackdown (halo 3 beta included) and Def Jam icon a week later.  I am going to have a great month of gaming.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="palaric8"]I just killed a guy for his wii.palaric8

... :lol::lol::lol: Anyways, good to hear you've given it a chance and glad you like it. If you're looking for more games to try pick up Trauma Center. A combination puzzle game and surgery simulator that makes excellent use of the Wiimote pointer. Great stuff.
_shadow99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _shadow99
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts
Glad you like it, if all fanboys on here actually tried the Wii I bet most of them would be the same as you and experience the same revelation:P

But as already said the Wii makes the perfect compilation, Wii60 or WiiPc is the way to go this gen. You get the immense graphics on one and the sheer originality and addictive fun on the other.
YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 YourExpert
For peopel who argue about graphics, the Wii does not really matter.  It's just fun, simple as that.  I have my 360 and my wii, both of best worlds.  (Although my gf likes to call it "our" wii)
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 palaric8
For peopel who argue about graphics, the Wii does not really matter.  It's just fun, simple as that.  I have my 360 and my wii, both of best worlds.  (Although my gf likes to call it "our" wii)YourExpert
dump her then =)
linkhero1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 linkhero1
Member since 2004 • 16489 Posts
That's great to hear. Enjoy your Wii :)
Avatar image for mushroomscout89
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 mushroomscout89
Member since 2004 • 6434 Posts
[QUOTE="palaric8"]I just killed a guy for his wii.palaric8

And plays like a GOD.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
The Wii is fun.I hope you enjoy it.:D
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 palaric8

[QUOTE="palaric8"]I just killed a guy for his wii.helium_flash

i just raped a guy for his wii

the guy was me :cry:

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
PS3 is the opposite of the wii. Its not just plain fun. You have to spend huge money on it, and then figure out how to get the fun out of it.carl2tan
It is all a matter of opinion. I had very little fun with a Wii and have a lot of fun with my PS3
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts

[QUOTE="helium_flash"][QUOTE="palaric8"]I just killed a guy for his wii.palaric8

i just raped a guy for his wii

the guy was me :cry:

Quick! Someone alert that Fox channel in Milwaukee!
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts

For peopel who argue about graphics, the Wii does not really matter.  It's just fun, simple as that.  I have my 360 and my wii, both of best worlds.  (Although my gf likes to call it "our" wii)YourExpert

Hey, you're lucky. My fiancee call the Wii in our living room "HER" Wii!!! Even though i paid for it! You can guess how that goes sometimes. Well, at least right now all is peacful in the house since FFXII is taking up so much of my time.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 YourExpert
I work mostly nights and she works mostly days.  We can balance the time out.
mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts
Nice wii rocks socks havw fun ^^.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Wii60 all the way. I hope to be getting a 360 soon, my Wii is getting lonely.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
I am a hardcore 360 fan and still love my 360. My girlfriend and me decided to buy a wii before xmas and I finally lived up to it. They are impossible to find aand that is why it has taken me so long.

News spread in New Haven, CT that some stores in the area would have Nintendo Wii's. I thinking there would be no lines (post launch) didn't get up to 6 and reached a local target by 8am. To my amazment there were some 25 odd people in line in front of target. The Clerk opens the door and yells "if you did not get a slip you dont' get a Wii." I walked away pissed off.

Circut City was across the street and did not open till 10:00 am. Already a line had formed in the 26 degree weather, 2 hours before the store opened. I said forget it and hauled ass to another target 5 miles up the road in the mall. I saw people walking fast into the store so I gave chase. To my astonishment they had Wii's still there. I got one of the last Wii's in the store and probably even the last ones available in my state.

I thought the Wii may flop but no way. If Nintendo still can't keep up with demand and they are still selling out this far beyond launch then the Wii spells big numbers. It may even rival the DS.

I love my 360 and now love the Wii right next to it. I was a skeptic but learned afteer playing that the games don't have to look great, they are just FUN.
YourExpert
Congratulations man. On a side note, its no way in hell I would ever stand in line to get a system. Let alone in 25 degree weather. If I cant walk into a store and walk right back out, I dont need it.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I seriously believe Nintendo can be #1 this gen. Also the graphics don't bother me, that's what my PC is for.
Mu5uk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mu5uk0
Member since 2005 • 19144 Posts
Jack Thompsowed.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
  I am a hardcore 360 fan and still love my 360.  My girlfriend and me decided to buy a wii before xmas and I finally lived up to it.  They are impossible to find aand that is why it has taken me so long.

News spread in New Haven, CT that some stores in the area would have Nintendo Wii's. I thinking there would be no lines (post launch) didn't get up to 6 and reached a local target by 8am.  To my amazment there were some 25 odd people in line in front of target.  The Clerk opens the door and yells "if you did not get a slip you dont' get a Wii."  I walked away pissed off.

Circut City was across the street and did not open till 10:00 am.  Already a line had formed in the 26 degree weather, 2 hours before the store opened.  I said forget it and hauled ass to another target 5 miles up the road in the mall.  I saw people walking fast into the store so I gave chase.  To my astonishment they had Wii's still there.   I got one of the last Wii's in the store and probably even the last ones available in my state.

I thought the Wii may flop but no way.  If Nintendo still can't keep up with demand and they are still selling out this far beyond launch then the Wii spells big numbers.  It may even rival the DS.

I love my 360 and now love the Wii right next to it.  I was a skeptic but learned afteer playing that the games don't have to look great, they are just FUN.
YourExpert
Hey, I persuaded a Sony boy to want one.. People seem to doubt it when they don't "normally" play it. I love my Wii360.
YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YourExpert
   It does not matter if Nintendo's Novelity wears thin.  They have arleady won.  They make a profit off of every Wii sold and are nearing nearly 5 million wii's sold.  If they sell only 1 million more in the Wii's lifetime (you know its gonna sell atleast 20 million) they would of still made billions on the wii with the software.  It's not about being #1 with Nintendo but being #1 in the profit area.  

I could care less if Nitnendo is #1 but If they continue to innovate then I will continue to support them.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
I'd be shocked :o if Wii beats the DS
savage161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 savage161
Member since 2006 • 2126 Posts

I wish i didnt get a wii, I wished i waited a bit to see how things paned out, The games atm are lame imo, Zelda decent but its no grand adventure like some would say, Truma centre appears to be fun, I say appears becuase Nintendo is hopeless and havnt released it for Pal regions, And for the rest i think of them as rents and nothing more, I can import an xbox360/Ps3 game for $50Au or a Wii game on special for $80au which they usually sell for $100Au.

I dont know about you but id rather pay half the price on something that imo has alot more better games, Im not a graphics lover, I knew that when i got my Wii but imo the Wii mote needs to be used better and have longer games also not know as WW which is an 8.2 at most and until the better games come out i just have to put i with it and play my xbox360.