Wii Hardware Turn Off Bethesda, Epic Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

A ShackNews interview with Bethesda reveals that the company wanted to bring Elder Scrolls Oblivion to the Wii, but the system obviously doesn't have enough under the hood to support the game....

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-s-last-gen-graphics-turn-off-bethesda-epic-games-29747.phtml

Bad news for Wii owners looks like no Oblivion for you..

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Any gamer who wanted to play oblivion would have it on PC or 360 by now. Putting it on Wii would be like using money for toilet papar.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Not everyone owns a gaming PC or a $400 flopbox.InfamousC

Damn near anyone who wanted to play oblivion does. And your PC does not have to be "that" good to run Oblivion.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Not really a big deal
Mirai_Trunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 Mirai_Trunks
Member since 2004 • 5227 Posts
Why would Bethesda want to make a PSP version then? Biased much?
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts
Oblivion on the Wii if it had more power, could have possibly been the best if done right.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -RPGamer-

Why would Bethesda want to make a PSP version then? Biased much?Mirai_Trunks

It's not the full version though.

Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.MyopicCanadian
I thnk many moble phones have more processing power than the Gekko. I don't think the Wii could handle moblie phone ports.
Redmoonxl2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Redmoonxl2
Member since 2003 • 11059 Posts
Oblivion on the Wii if it had more power, could have possibly been the best if done right.-RPGamer-

I personally would just like an original Elder Scrolls game on the Wii. Multiplatform is not going to work in the Wii's favor, that's for sure.

On a side note, I personally do not see the appeal of Oblivion. I find it lacking when compared to Morrowwind. Maybe I'm just the minority here...
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.MyopicCanadian
I expected better of you.
-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -RPGamer-

[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]Oblivion on the Wii if it had more power, could have possibly been the best if done right.Redmoonxl2

I personally would just like an original Elder Scrolls game on the Wii. Multiplatform is not going to work in the Wii's favor, that's for sure.

On a side note, I personally do not see the appeal of Oblivion. I find it lacking when compared to Morrowwind. Maybe I'm just the minority here...

I'll join you in the minority.

• Lacks some of the artistic flare that Morrowind seemed to have
  • Too much cut and paste 
  •  Dynamic leveling kills the game
    • Why level up? You really don't need to. You can be a level one grand champion who's guild master of all the guilds if you want, which is just stupid, for lack of a better word.
    • Why explore? Yeah there's just a ton of caves to go in, but the vast majority won't have anything difficult or worth delving into since everything is leveled with you.

holy_yu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 holy_yu
Member since 2004 • 922 Posts
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.Tristam22

It honestly surprising how personal some people take this SW thingy.
PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
ther's a psp version but i don't think that the wii can handle that either:lol:
greenleaflink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 greenleaflink
Member since 2006 • 3686 Posts
who cares for oblivion any knows... its so yesterday.
hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts
I dont want oblivion.  I played it for a while on the PC.  What a bore.  Graphics looked nice but they used the same scenes the whole game... It got old.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#19 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
Would you honestly buy Oblivion or UT3 for Wii?  Its like getting DMC3:SE for PC.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]Oblivion on the Wii if it had more power, could have possibly been the best if done right.-RPGamer-

• Too much cut and paste
  • Dynamic leveling kills the game
    • Why level up? You really don't need to. You can be a level one grand champion who's guild master of all the guilds if you want, which is just stupid, for lack of a better word.
    • Why explore? Yeah there's just a ton of caves to go in, but the vast majority won't have anything difficult or worth delving into since everything is leveled with you.

Yes.  Finally someone sees it the way I do.  Oblivion just seems like a dumbed down game.  When I first started playing I was walking around and was expecting something to give me a rough fight but nothing.  The enviroments in Morrowind are 10x better than the very plain Cyrodil too.  Shivering Isles may save it for me because Mania reminds me of the Bitter Coast Region and such because of the vegetation.

Morrowind also seemed much more mystic and like there was a lot more going on than in Oblivion.  Kudos to Oblivion for technical achievements but thats about it.  I would've rathered a remake of Morrowind.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
It's not like anyone was expecting it to be on the Wii. Wii hardware turns off a lot of developers who use high-end graphics, so its not surprise at all that Oblivion isn't going to be on the Wii. This shouldn't be news for any Wii owner, unless they just started gaming with the Wii.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts

A ShackNews interview with Bethesda reveals that the company wanted to bring Elder Scrolls Oblivion to the Wii, but the system obviously doesn't have enough under the hood to support the game....

http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-s-last-gen-graphics-turn-off-bethesda-epic-games-29747.phtml

Bad news for Wii owners looks like no Oblivion for you..

InfamousC
Really, no oblivion for me, petter uninstall the superior pc version from my pc.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
the same reason why we are not getting RE5 :| how's that bad news? if anything it makes the Wii more special.
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

the same reason why we are not getting RE5 :| how's that bad news? if anything it makes the Wii more special.nintendo-4life

Missing out on some of the best games because of lack of power is not good news. I'm willing to bet the RE Wii gets will not turn out to be as good as RE5.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]the same reason why we are not getting RE5 :| how's that bad news? if anything it makes the Wii more special.tubbyc

Missing out on some of the best games because of lack of power is not good news. I'm willing to bet the RE Wii gets will not turn out to be as good as RE5.

i'll take it :D :P but really, it's not bad news at all, we knew what will happen, and we're fine with it !, besides we are not the ones who missed out on twilight princess now did we? :roll:
xbox3604lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xbox3604lyf
Member since 2006 • 792 Posts
[QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]Oblivion on the Wii if it had more power, could have possibly been the best if done right.Tiefster

• Too much cut and paste

Yes. Finally someone sees it the way I do. Oblivion just seems like a dumbed down game. When I first started playing I was walking around and was expecting something to give me a rough fight but nothing. The enviroments in Morrowind are 10x better than the very plain Cyrodil too. Shivering Isles may save it for me because Mania reminds me of the Bitter Coast Region and such because of the vegetation.

Morrowind also seemed much more mystic and like there was a lot more going on than in Oblivion. Kudos to Oblivion for technical achievements but thats about it. I would've rathered a remake of Morrowind.

i agree aswell. morrowind was more fun for me because you went up against gods and you could fight with a butter knife or a pick axe. the world was more diverse aswell.
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
[QUOTE="tubbyc"]

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"]the same reason why we are not getting RE5 :| how's that bad news? if anything it makes the Wii more special.nintendo-4life

i'll take it :D :P but really, it's not bad news at all, we knew what will happen, and we're fine with it !, besides we are not the ones who missed out on twilight princess now did we? :roll:

We certainly didn't.:(

I'm trying to decide whether to finish TP or trade it in with Rayman before finishing it. I can understand why people love it. It has very clever design. I guess I don't like Nintendo's style. One game in particular makes me want to keep my Wii which seems really interesting. The one in your sig.

Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts

Yet they release it for PSP...hmmm

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.PowerCharged

haha, the wii is crushing the ps3 by the way, just a reminder.
ps3-nikita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ps3-nikita
Member since 2005 • 2945 Posts
So you want a port of a psp game. You do know that its pretty much a different game.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
Amazing how sheeps can try to turn a bad news into a positive thing :lol: damage control to the max
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts
[QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.holy_yu

It honestly surprising how personal some people take this SW thingy.

Maybe. Though some people just make themselves sound like complete and utter idoits a lot of the time. MyopicCanadian's post is a clear example of tis. At least put some effort and sense into a post if you are going to bash something instead of just being (making yourself look) stupid is how I feel.

Still this game not on the Wii isn't a problem. I found Morrowwind to be extremely boring and frustrating on the PC anyway. No doubt Oblivion continues the trend.That and combat tends to be to slow and spotty anyway at times from what I've experienced.
nytrospawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nytrospawn
Member since 2003 • 3962 Posts
Because the PSP version is a dungeon crawler. They couldnt do a real Oblivion on it so they put together a 3D cellphone game.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MyopicCanadian
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.bxr2urjaw
wow nice one now lets look at the sales numbers for ur ps3 and xbox 360 SINCE ur obviously a fanboy crackin lil jokes like a 10 year old last time i checked wii was raping ps3 in sales and slowly but surely catchin the 360s year head start sales numbers

Well THIS 10 year old atleast knows what punctuation looks like. It's SW, get over it :)
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MyopicCanadian
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.Tristam22

Haha... I couldn't help it.
TenaciousD29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TenaciousD29
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts

Oblivion on the Wii if it had more power, could have possibly been the best if done right.-RPGamer-

I saw a shipment of about 12 Wiis come in Best Buy this Tuesday.  I was tempted to get one as I saw about three guys scoop them up, but I just can't get over the fact that I'm paying $250 for a Gamecube turbo in 2007. Why Nintendo??? You would've had my money sooooo easily. :( That and there's just not any compelling software at the moment(I have Zelda on the cube).  So my Wii can go to all the masses of casuals wowed by "teh waggle contRolOmGZZzzzZ!1!!" and no Wii for me until Mario Galaxy come out and proves to be the second coming. :P

bxr2urjaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bxr2urjaw
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

[QUOTE="bxr2urjaw"][QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.MyopicCanadian
wow nice one now lets look at the sales numbers for ur ps3 and xbox 360 SINCE ur obviously a fanboy crackin lil jokes like a 10 year old last time i checked wii was raping ps3 in sales and slowly but surely catchin the 360s year head start sales numbers

Well THIS 10 year old atleast knows what punctuation looks like. It's SW, get over it :)

yup dont have time for commas, my msg got deleted cuz i said : wii was ****** ps3, thats cheap :(

Mardil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mardil
Member since 2004 • 3214 Posts
Bethesda has never made a game for a Nintendo system. Neither has Epic. Is it a loss at all?
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I really do not care. Oh wow, Oblivion not coming to Wii. Yes, lets all cry now.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Isn't there a mobile phone version of Oblivion? Maybe they could port THAT to the Wii, if the hardware can handle it.PowerCharged

..said the person with Kaz Hurai in his avitar
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

..said the person with Kaz Hurai in his avitar
Flamepheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Flamepheonix
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
[QUOTE="xbox3604lyf"][QUOTE="Tiefster"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]

[QUOTE="Redmoonxl2"][QUOTE="-RPGamer-"]Oblivion on the Wii if it had more power, could have possibly been the best if done right.coinchoke

• Too much cut and paste

Yes. Finally someone sees it the way I do. Oblivion just seems like a dumbed down game. When I first started playing I was walking around and was expecting something to give me a rough fight but nothing. The enviroments in Morrowind are 10x better than the very plain Cyrodil too. Shivering Isles may save it for me because Mania reminds me of the Bitter Coast Region and such because of the vegetation.

Morrowind also seemed much more mystic and like there was a lot more going on than in Oblivion. Kudos to Oblivion for technical achievements but thats about it. I would've rathered a remake of Morrowind.

i agree aswell. morrowind was more fun for me because you went up against gods and you could fight with a butter knife or a pick axe. the world was more diverse aswell.

Yeah...Morrowind was awesome...and I don't think anything quite like Morrowind's atmosphere could ever be reproduced.

I'll join, I also misss being able to mix and match armour. I hate how gauntles, pauldrons etc.. come in sets. I also hate how creating spells is capped in Oblivion, I want my world destroying spell :(. This is why Oblivion should have been designed for PC first 360 second it would ahve turned out a much better game. (That all being said I've fixed almost every problem I had with oblivion through mods)
Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
I'm glad... I hate Bethesda
TNT_Slug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TNT_Slug
Member since 2007 • 1735 Posts
Honestly, no one ever expected Oblivion on the Wii.
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
What ever made you think oblivion was going to the wii?

And to Epic games... hardly a surprize that the creators of the unreal engine 3 said that