Wii fit plus is the best game ever

This topic is locked from further discussion.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

Im a fairly big fan of the first wii fit.. I used it a lot to do regular exercize back in the day.. but then somehow i lost interest about half a year ago and then the balance board just collected dust except of some sessions of shaun white snowboarding...

then i saw that wii fit plus was only 20 euros and i thought what the hell and picked it up.. only to have an excuse to use the balance board a little bit more.. and damn im blown away..

wii fit plus is basically wii fit with a better streamlined interface and new balance board games.. the emphasis here lies on the new balance board games... the streamlined interface is great and all but at the end of the day its just making the things more comfortable and less annoying which is good but not revolutionary or anything..

the balance board games on the other hand are simply amazing. in the old wii fit you had a DDR game (sort of), a hoola hoop game and a snowboarding game as well as some marble madness kinda deal and some other throwaway stuff.. (which is in the wii fit plus game as well btw).. in short the balance board games were okay but nothing more then a tech demo..

in wii fit plus you have almost fully realized games.. which are called obstacle course and chicken something. those two games are basically mario bros and baloon trip.. but in 3d and with the balance board.. you walk on the balance board to let your mii walk as well.. you make a jumping motion to jump.. and basically the stage looks exactly like a mario stage..

im impressed how this neat package gets overlooked inspite of being so cheap (well its a surefire million seller but i mean by the so called hardcore audience).. anyone who loves a mario game should check this out since obstacle course is worth 20 dollars alone

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
... er, what? is this a joke? :|
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 farnham
... er, what? is this a joke? :|charizard1605
no its not
ChrisJ2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChrisJ2004
Member since 2003 • 2818 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]... er, what? is this a joke? :|farnham
no its not

Nobody's stupid enough to believe that :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]... er, what? is this a joke? :|farnham
no its not

Best game ever? Seriously? *rubs heart weakly while supressing snort of wild laughter* I'm sorry, I'll get off my high horse. Could you, er, at least tell me why you like it more than, say, Zelda or Mario or Pokemon?
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
it must be a joke .
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]... er, what? is this a joke? :|charizard1605
no its not

Best game ever? Seriously? *rubs heart weakly while supressing snort of wild laughter* I'm sorry, I'll get off my high horse. Could you, er, at least tell me why you like it more than, say, Zelda or Mario or Pokemon?

as i said a specific mode in this game.. which i said is the one that im praising here.. is basically mario but with actually moving your foot to walk and making jumping motions to jump... so yeah.. its a mario simulator..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="farnham"] no its notfarnham

as i said a specific mode in this game.. which i said is the one that im praising here.. is basically mario but with actually moving your foot to walk and making jumping motions to jump... so yeah.. its a mario simulator..

Yes, I understand that, I read the OP. But, it doesn't even qualify as a game, strictly speaking, it's more of a lifestyle product... I mean, what compelling reason DO you have for playing Wii Fit or Plus?
o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts
[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Best game ever? Seriously? *rubs heart weakly while supressing snort of wild laughter* I'm sorry, I'll get off my high horse. Could you, er, at least tell me why you like it more than, say, Zelda or Mario or Pokemon?charizard1605

Yes, I understand that, I read the OP. But, it doesn't even qualify as a game, strictly speaking, it's more of a lifestyle product... I mean, what compelling reason DO you have for playing Wii Fit or Plus?

why doesnt it qualify as a game again?
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 farnham
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="farnham"] as i said a specific mode in this game.. which i said is the one that im praising here.. is basically mario but with actually moving your foot to walk and making jumping motions to jump... so yeah.. its a mario simulator.. o0_L0st_B0y_0o

i think there is no blood and no bald space marines in it but i think you can use a mii that looks like a bald space marine.. so maybe its a quasi game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="farnham"] as i said a specific mode in this game.. which i said is the one that im praising here.. is basically mario but with actually moving your foot to walk and making jumping motions to jump... so yeah.. its a mario simulator.. o0_L0st_B0y_0o

I don't now...? It''s more of an exercise simulator, and I'd say that by conventional definitions, it wouldn't qualify. I may be wrong though. :)
Avatar image for randomwiiplayer
randomwiiplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 randomwiiplayer
Member since 2009 • 1804 Posts

I am giving this thread an award.

TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

I seriously cant see why people would waste money on Wii fit. I mean, going for a jog is better, and free.

o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts
[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yes, I understand that, I read the OP. But, it doesn't even qualify as a game, strictly speaking, it's more of a lifestyle product... I mean, what compelling reason DO you have for playing Wii Fit or Plus?charizard1605

I don't now...? It''s more of an exercise simulator, and I'd say that by conventional definitions, it wouldn't qualify. I may be wrong though. :)

you said it so you must know why it doesnt qualify as a game...
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 farnham
[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yes, I understand that, I read the OP. But, it doesn't even qualify as a game, strictly speaking, it's more of a lifestyle product... I mean, what compelling reason DO you have for playing Wii Fit or Plus?charizard1605

conventional definition of a game a game is something that has blood and bald spacemarines in it hmm you are right.. it doesnt match the first criteria.. but the second criteria can be matched with the mentioned space bald marine mii method.. so can we agree on the term quasi game..?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yes, I understand that, I read the OP. But, it doesn't even qualify as a game, strictly speaking, it's more of a lifestyle product... I mean, what compelling reason DO you have for playing Wii Fit or Plus?farnham

i think there is no blood and no bald space marines in it but i think you can use a mii that looks like a bald space marine.. so maybe its a quasi game

No, no, it's not that, you misunderstand me... I think it's not a game because, well... I don't see how it qualifies as a game if it doesn't have any GAMEPLAY? (It simulates exercise. I repeat, that makes it a lifestyle product)
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 farnham

I seriously cant see why people would waste money on Wii fit. I mean, going for a jog is better, and free.

TJORLY
yeah why do people buy fps games when they can go to the army why do people buy racing games when they can buy a car why do people buy music games when they can actually buy an instrument blah blah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"] why doesnt it qualify as a game again? farnham

conventional definition of a game a game is something that has blood and bald spacemarines in it hmm you are right.. it doesnt match the first criteria.. but the second criteria can be matched with the mentioned space bald marine mii method.. so can we agree on the term quasi game..?

No, no... seriously, yu've got it wrong. I just think it lacks any cohesive gameplay, or gameplay structure...
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 farnham
[QUOTE="farnham"][QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"] why doesnt it qualify as a game again? charizard1605

No, no, it's not that, you misunderstand me... I think it's not a game because, well... I don't see how it qualifies as a game if it doesn't have any GAMEPLAY? (It simulates exercise. I repeat, that makes it a lifestyle product)

eh i dont know .. gameplay is only generated by the amount of blood that is shed and of the badassness of the bald space marine in it.. so i can only hope to build a badass bald space marine mii to get a good gameplay out of it.. so i guess it depends..
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 farnham

okay then make a better definition of game

if you say.. a game is something that has gameplay.. then define gameplay..

you are using terms that dont establish any criteria..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="farnham"] i think there is no blood and no bald space marines in it but i think you can use a mii that looks like a bald space marine.. so maybe its a quasi gamefarnham

eh i dont know .. gameplay is only generated by the amount of blood that is shed and of the badassness of the bald space marine in it.. so i can only hope to build a badass bald space marine mii to get a good gameplay out of it.. so i guess it depends..

I care **** about space marines, tbh. To me, Mario, Pokemon, Zelda and Pokemon>>>>>>>>> anything else. So don't give me that. I love Nintendo too. I just don't find that Wii Sports Resort, without any cohesive gameplay structure, qualifies as a game. Simple enough. Be a bit broad minded here, ok? I am trying to do that. If you could, without ANY SARCASM, tell me HOW IT IS A GAME, I'd accept that. But all you can come up with is unfounded jabs at me and my game choices. So I guess you don't have any proper meaningful retort in the works.
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 farnham

well if you say that a game is an activity for your entertainment then it can be subjectivily qualify as a game depending on how much enjoyment the player gets out of it.. (vice versa a game that is horrible for him would not qualify as a game.. but more as torture for him)

if you say a game is defined by goals, challenge and rules.. you could say the goal of wii fit is to gain a good BMI the challenge comes in maintaining the exercizes and the rules are the activities that are defined by the game (like doing pushups)

in case of the balance board games it is even easier.. for example the obstacle course game has the goal to reach the end of the stage.. there are obstacles you have to dodge and the rule is that you move your character while moving your own foot and advance..

so using that definition wii fit plus is a game as well

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#23 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Ok then. I am glad you like it that much, but it just doesn't appeal to me

Mogotoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mogotoo
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

[QUOTE="TJORLY"]

farnham

yeah why do people buy fps games when they can go to the army why do people buy racing games when they can buy a car why do people buy music games when they can actually buy an instrument blah blah

Going for a jog is easier than playing Wii Fit.

Serving in the army, buying a car or playing a real instrument is harder than playing FPS, racing or music games.

There's a difference.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

Thats cool. Be prepared to get destroyed for having a different opinion.

Me personally, i think its just as ridiculous to call Uncharted 2 the best game ever as it is Wii Fit +

born2runak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 born2runak
Member since 2004 • 414 Posts

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh, uh.........

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh...i gotta catch my breath........

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Maybe if you said, "The most fun game ever" or something, it could be believable.

But this is obviously a joke.

93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Seriously??? Just go outside and run like 5kms and you have done better, healitier exercise than you did with Wii Fit Plus
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

I am giving this thread an award.

randomwiiplayer

Why does that seal not have Jimmy Carter in it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="farnham"]

well if you say that a game is an activity for your entertainment then it can be subjectivily qualify as a game depending on how much enjoyment the player gets out of it.. (vice versa a game that is horrible for him would not qualify as a game.. but more as torture for him)

if you say a game is defined by goals, challenge and rules.. you could say the goal of wii fit is to gain a good BMI the challenge comes in maintaining the exercizes and the rules are the activities that are defined by the game (like doing pushups)

in case of the balance board games it is even easier.. for example the obstacle course game has the goal to reach the end of the stage.. there are obstacles you have to dodge and the rule is that you move your character while moving your own foot and advance..

so using that definition wii fit plus is a game as well

OK. When you put it that way, I can agree with you and your opinion, and I can respect that. It's ok if you like the game so much. For me, it just doesn't do it. However, I recognise that people can have different preferences. So it's all ok. Prepare to get destroyed by the cows and the lemmings though, they might now be as broad minded.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I'm a big supporter of the Wii and of Wii Fit, but no. Just no.

farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 farnham
[QUOTE="93soccer"]Seriously??? Just go outside and run like 5kms and you have done better, healitier exercise than you did with Wii Fit Plus

yeah why dont we all go to iraq or afganistan and join the war.. that way we can experience a more realistic shooting experience then any FPS will ever provide us
TJORLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TJORLY
Member since 2008 • 3298 Posts

[QUOTE="93soccer"]Seriously??? Just go outside and run like 5kms and you have done better, healitier exercise than you did with Wii Fit Plusfarnham
yeah why dont we all go to iraq or afganistan and join the war.. that way we can experience a more realistic shooting experience then any FPS will ever provide us

Because thats harder than just playing a FPS. Going for a jog is infinitely easier than using Wii Fit. You lose more weight too.

jellomeister24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jellomeister24
Member since 2003 • 1321 Posts

[QUOTE="TJORLY"]

farnham

People don't sign up for the army because THEY CAN DIE. Can you die while jogging? if you're obese, yes, but then the balance board can't take you anyway.

People dont race because IT'S EXPENSIVE and if street racing CAN GET ARRESTED. I havent heard of people paying to jog or getting arrested.

People play music games because THEY'RE DUMB and find music complicated. Last I checked, jogging is one of the simplest, and smartest ways to get healthy.

So what do people buy Wii fit for, the ease of use? you dont get fit because something is easy to do. You get fit by exerting effort.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I am sure it is to someone. Not me though. Its cool we all have different opinions.

Avatar image for chunkymonkey313
chunkymonkey313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chunkymonkey313
Member since 2009 • 329 Posts
yeaaaa it issss YAY
gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

ok so

1.i'm wii fit fan. i like wii fit plus, but the best game ever?sorry, no.

2. wii fit isn't really its more of a health product on a games console. which is fine.

3.to those people saying wii fit is useless:wii fit doesn't do a lot of brutal exercisse(there are pushups though). its more streching and helpingobese people to set goals AND DO THEM. and if your not obese, you just use wii fit, and you don't get obese. simple as that

4. TC are you italian? because i'm half-italian and i live in italy:D

VeryGnawty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 VeryGnawty
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts

you must be a casual gamer