why would you buy a xbox one over a ps4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nhh18 (6538 posts) -

I am serious. Why? The ps4 has better graphics, cheaper, and doesn't have absurd drm policies.

#2 Posted by DrkeX (181 posts) -

I'm a 360 fanboy and I agree.

Sony right now, has Microsoft by the balls.

#3 Posted by KarateeeChop (4590 posts) -

well this conference confirms it, the X1 is just a better system in every way. november can't come soon enough. dreamy

#4 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Games easily. Entertainment features and motion/voice controls. I want those so going with the Xbox One. But seriously, I was not at all imprtessed by PS4 exclusives. I'll pay that extra hundred for what I saw today on Xbox One. No biggie.

#5 Posted by kingsfan_0333 (1609 posts) -

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of many of the games Sony showed off. Lots of people are, and that's fine with me - just not what I prefer.

Also, it's funny how at the start of last gen when the PS3 was so expensive it was the PS3 fans talking about how if you wanted quality you had to pay for it.

#6 Posted by spike6958 (4685 posts) -
I wouldn't, can't get Kingdom Hearts 3 on X1.
#7 Posted by Vyse_Legends (9387 posts) -

Maybe if we saw some Crimson Dragon and Dead Rising 3 hadn't gone all serious.:?

#8 Posted by ultramega9 (178 posts) -
Because if they're going to follow'copy xbox, i might as well buy an xbox.
#9 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6037 posts) -

I wouldn't, can't get Kingdom Hearts 3 on X1.spike6958

You might be able to. Versus will be an exclusive since Sony helped with it. KH3 might be multiplat.

#10 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

Games

#11 Posted by loosingENDS (11775 posts) -

For a good Fable 4, that would return to Fable 1 and be a real fairy tale epic or a great JRPG like Lost Odyssey 2 or Cry On

Nothing less

#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of many of the games Sony showed off. Lots of people are, and that's fine with me - just not what I prefer.

Also, it's funny how at the start of last gen when the PS3 was so expensive it was the PS3 fans talking about how if you wanted quality you had to pay for it.

kingsfan_0333

X1 doesn't offer better quality though.

#13 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -
Because if they're going to follow'copy xbox, i might as well buy an xbox. ultramega9
Did you pay attention to the conferences?
#14 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -
Sonys conference was a few exclusives an then all multiplats. Nice section on movies, entertainment, music that cows love. Best part was when Assains Creed crashed and the dude didn't know what the hell to do.
#15 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25552 posts) -
No idea. MS conference was good but it doesn't really change a whole lot.
#16 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingsfan_0333"]

LJS9502_basic
X!~ doesn't offer better quality though.

That not my opinion. Only positive I saw on PS4 was the price. But let the online fanboys go nuts cause its what they do. Ok, so both conferecne in the books and I'm calling it a night. Xbox One Day 1 PS4, nice price, just needs better games. I'm out.
#17 Posted by SmileyTown (74 posts) -

Games easily. Entertainment features and motion/voice controls. I want those so going with the Xbox One. But seriously, I was not at all imprtessed by PS4 exclusives. I'll pay that extra hundred for what I saw today on Xbox One. No biggie.

shawn30

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a dork

#18 Posted by deltazero (66 posts) -
Maybe some people like paying for borrowed game, those people can get an xbox one
#19 Posted by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -
I love my xbox and the exclusive looked really good and Ps4 games didn't interest me but I have to admit....I don't know how I feel about the online with xbox. Ill always have online but....I do worry what happens if xbone serveres are turned off. I assumed theyd unlock the DRM somehow but iunno. What about people like my parents that get shitty online in the country? Just seems poor taste. That said I really want Xbone over PS4 and believe it or not the Kinext voice controls are actually quite cool in gaming
#20 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2308 posts) -

No reason really.

Xone is useless now

#21 Posted by LordSadic (298 posts) -

The only reason I can think of is to see if it can light a bulb.

#22 Posted by Newhopes (4472 posts) -

I wouldn't, can't get Kingdom Hearts 3 on X1.spike6958

It's multi-plat....

Not impressed with either, MS conference was slighly better than I expected sony's however is one of the worst I've seen in years. At this point can't believe I'am saying this but I might actually invest in a gaming PC rather than the PS4.

#23 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6037 posts) -

[QUOTE="spike6958"]I wouldn't, can't get Kingdom Hearts 3 on X1.Newhopes

It's multi-plat....

Not impressed with either, MS conference was slighly better than I expected sony's however is one of the worst I've seen in years. At this point can't belive I'am saying this but I might actually invest in a gaming PC rather than the PS4.

Sony helped develop Versus.

#24 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -
I guess brand loyalty, but it would have to be brand loyalty so obsessive it would practically qualify as mental illness. There is absolutely no rational reason for choosing Xbox One over PS4.
#25 Posted by AdobeArtist (22791 posts) -

This is another one for the sticky.