Why would someone buy an Xbox One?

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) 9 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Why would someone buy an Xbox One? (120 votes)

They didn't realize there was a PS4 4%
They like spending $100 more 3%
They can't wait to Skype naked via Kinect 5%
They are loyal to Xbox no matter what 8%
They actually like what Xbox has to offer 66%
Their friends are getting it 8%
They don't actually know why 7%

I'm curious to know

#1 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

Mostly because of the awesome games it will have and the best online multiplayer service. Plus lots of friends will be playing on XB1. Those are the main reasons for more gamers.

#2 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Probably because the software and networking are leagues better than the PS4 and the game lineup.

#3 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

I've also been watching alot of Twitch streams, even though it's an improvement the UI on the PS4 still blows, long download times, the voice commands are shoehorned in and barely functional, and lacks alot of the features the XB1 has.

#4 Posted by YD_11 (1616 posts) -

Better game lineup (at least for the next year) it looks like. Almost a shoe-in for a better online service again with the addition of cloud powered AI and dedicated servers for all devs. Better UI. Being able to snap multiple applications at once, like playing a game while watching tv. Voice controlling everything. Kinect automatically recognizes you and friends. Kinect camera is much improved and can even work in the dark. Games will likely begin to utilize kinect in innovative ways for all games since all X1's come with it. Xbox fitness is free through 2014 which is, frankly, awesome. Instant pause and resume. CD playback and DLNA streaming. I'm getting tired of typing but i think you are getting the picture

#5 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Nice troll pole. You forgot better games, better online, more reliable, MS isn't going to close in a year, better features. I could go on and on but cows would get mad.

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3323 posts) -

They like to play games.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (38634 posts) -

They can't wait to Skype naked via Kinect.

#8 Posted by Krelian-co (10206 posts) -

lol look at the first posters, look like lems are in full damage control today.

#9 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Speakings facts = damage control? Seriously you're almost as bad as Majesticshea.

#10 Posted by CloudStrife213 (423 posts) -

@Krelian-co:

Damage control over what? Seems sony fanboys are in more damage control judging from forum topics.

#11 Posted by nethernova (4070 posts) -

It's obviously the naked Skype thing.

#12 Edited by trugs26 (5207 posts) -

While I personally don't want One (see what I did there?), and don't ever plan on getting One, I can still see the incentive. It looks like a quality piece of hardware and it'll have a great environment for online play. I'm sure it will provide a great and entertaining experience. Likewise for the PS4. I guess it simply caters to your taste and what kind of experience you want to get out of the system.

#13 Edited by MonsieurX (29132 posts) -

Less flops

#14 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

They prefer the games on that platform. You couldn't figure this out?

#15 Edited by locopatho (20102 posts) -

Games, as always, for every gaming system ever.

#16 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -

The question is why would anyone buy a PS4 at the moment, not to say there isn't any good games coming out but at the moment, only 2 retail exclusives and everything else is multi-plat.

Shelling out however much it is for a PS4 when you can buy 90% of the games on PS3

#17 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

"They actually like what Xbox has to offer"

#18 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

lawls Don't be mad TC with your limited ui, limited chat features, ugly blue background that can't be changed, flod, wobble, no hdmi in, no snapping 2 things on screen at once, BETTER LEACH GAMES

#19 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

lawls Don't be mad TC with your limited ui, limited chat features, ugly blue background that can't be changed, flod, wobble, no hdmi in, no snapping 2 things on screen at once, BETTER LEACH GAMES

Hey at least they're finally getting Cross and Part Chat..

#20 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@k2theswiss said:

Hey at least they're finally getting Cross and Part Chat..

lol, 7 years later poor ps3 :(

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16724 posts) -

They like to talk to their consoles while watching football as they are recorded by the NSA.

#22 Posted by Cubs360 (3755 posts) -

It kicks a$$

#23 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9663 posts) -

looks like 70% of people like what the X1 has to offer....thread backfired

#24 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

They like to talk to their consoles while watching football as they are recorded by the NSA.

As oppose to getting kicked off PSN every 10 minutes, having your console wobble and overheat, having voice commands that were shoe horned in and don't work, having a hideous clunky UI with 8 year old features for the first time ever that lacks any impressive features, all to play glorious games like Failzone and Knack.

#25 Posted by OfficerLeach_ (419 posts) -

@k2theswiss: Leach games lol. Btw everyone I know and myself included who ACTUALLY HAS the PS4 all say they dont have a "wobble" issue whatsoever. So you guys can drop that excuse already.

#26 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

These are startling results.

#27 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

@k2theswiss: Leach games lol. Btw everyone I know and myself included who ACTUALLY HAS the PS4 all say they dont have a "wobble" issue whatsoever. So you guys can drop that excuse already.

mha thats strange when there multiple reports on it... Either way it's not excuse to not buy it but, sure is funny

#28 Posted by AtariKidX (6198 posts) -

No thanks.....i already have a XBOX360.

#29 Posted by StormyJoe (4726 posts) -

@blackace:

Because it is the real "next generation" of consoles. The PS4 is just a hardware upgrade.

#30 Edited by thedork_knight (866 posts) -

so by that reasoning we can all forget about RRoD?

#31 Edited by CQR_Deuce (9 posts) -

Well I prefer the game lineup, and I've always preferred the XBOX controller by a mile. Friends are another reason, most everyone I know are all on XBOX.

There is no wrong answer though as you can't go wrong with either system!

#32 Edited by starwolf474 (474 posts) -

-Because it has more features.

-Because it has a better online service.

-Because it has a better OS and UI.

-Because they prefer the Xbox controller.

-Because Xbox usually gets popular DLC content sooner most of the time.

-Because it offers more value since in addition to a game console, the Xbox One also gives them a Smart TV without having to buy an expensive new Smart TV.

-Because they look forward to seeing the creative ways that developers will come up with to utilize the new and improved Kinect.

-Because at this moment in time, Xbox One has the better game lineup. PS4 has nothing worth playing right now.

-Because they want a console that is not so cheaply contructed that it wobbles.

#33 Edited by BruceBenzing (297 posts) -

They actually like to hook a system up online and play on a running online network

#34 Posted by OfficerLeach_ (419 posts) -

@thedork_knight I have a clan of 200+ and everyone who could afford one is here and has no problems(except servers last night) or wobble...oh well to lazy to sit here and argue about games or systems when I could be playing them;) just wanted to let you all know theres no wobble as far as I know. Seeing how I actually have the system im more inclined to beleive with my own eyes. So while you all sit here and complain and fight and argue over meaningless stuff...I got some gaming to do...thats why no ones on this poll or bothering to argue with you whiners today...good day sir;)

#35 Posted by cainetao11 (16435 posts) -

@blackace said:

Mostly because of the awesome games it will have and the best online multiplayer service. Plus lots of friends will be playing on XB1. Those are the main reasons for more gamers.

Same. And I like the personalization of my entertainment. PS3 was marketed as it only does everything, MS markets as more than just games and its evil, bad for gaming.

#36 Edited by Phazevariance (10924 posts) -

@blackace said:

Add to that if you plan on gettign a ps4 WITH the camera its gonna cost more for the ps4.

#37 Edited by sukraj (21797 posts) -

The Exclusives

The Controller

#38 Edited by nervmeister (15170 posts) -

Honestly, did this thread need to be made? Or is it too hard to grasp that Xbox 1 does appeal more to some people just like PS4 appeals more to some people?

#39 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

Honestly, did this thread need to be made? Or is it too hard to grasp that Xbox 1 does appeal more to some people just like PS4 appeals more to some people?

Co-sign.

#40 Edited by TheRealBigRich (725 posts) -

Do ps4 fans really think no one will buy a X1 especially when they bought the ps3 when it launched

#41 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -

I like Halo and Gears of War as much as the next shooter fan, but I'm not paying $500 for inferior hardware because Microsoft decided to package it with the stupid Kinect.

I'm interested in Halo 5, Gears 4 and Quantum Break, but unless they release a Kinect-less version I'll wait until it's $100+ cheaper, even if it's 2-3 years from now I'll still have 6-7 years to enjoy it.

#42 Edited by SuddenlyTragic (734 posts) -

Because I like Xbox better than Playstation and always have since the first Xbox (better controller in my opinion and has franchises I like better). I have an Alienware if I want the best graphics. And why do you give a shit what other people you don't even know do with their money?

And I'll also be getting a PS4 somewhere down the road for Infamous and whatever Naughty Dog has to offer. Why do you think the PS4 is so much better right now? None of the games received very good reviews except for the multiplatform games.

#43 Posted by TheRealBigRich (725 posts) -

That's another thing... Why act like since people not getting one at launch they will never own the system

#44 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

Clueless bias cow confirmed. Lems don't have anything to damage control in this thread.

Bias fools like you just want to turn every thread into a "Hate XB1" thread. Poor cows. PS4 just launched and you guys still have nothing to play?

#45 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6513 posts) -

Forza 5 is the only game that can be considered a system selling killer app available at launch for either console.

#46 Edited by trentonspliff80 (185 posts) -
@starwolf474 said:

-Because it has more features.

not sure what you mean by "features", unless this point is redundant with other things down this list.

-Because it has a better online service.

are you talking about Live? Because most people agree that PS+ is a better value.

-Because it has a better OS and UI.

Does it? I will definitely agree that the 360 had a better UI than the PS3, but the PS4's UI looks pretty slick. As far as the OS is concerned, I was under the impression that part of the One's 720p woes was due to it's inefficient OS hogging resources.

-Because Xbox usually gets popular DLC content sooner most of the time.

It always gets the Call of Duty stuff early if you're into that type of thing.

-Because it offers more value since in addition to a game console, the Xbox One also gives them a Smart TV without having to buy an expensive new Smart TV.

what, like netflix and social media apps? Both consoles offer these.

-Because they look forward to seeing the creative ways that developers will come up with to utilize the new and improved Kinect.

I think we've all waited long enough for this one. I think the pinnicle of the Kinect Legacy will be dancing games and casual sports titles. I do like voice commands, but I don't need a virtual yoga trainer or a game that I have to move around my living room to play.

-Because at this moment in time, Xbox One has the better game lineup. PS4 has nothing worth playing right now.

Xbox One has Dead Rising 3 and Forza. Ryse is going to be a turd and multiplats are playing better on the PS4 right now. I would argue Killzone is worth playing. Honestly though DR3 made a day one edition very tempting.

-Because they want a console that is not so cheaply contructed that it wobbles.

Your fanboy is showing sir.

For anyone that is worried if what is available now is an indication of what is to come (Xbox's 720p and framerate issues), just remember what the launch 360 was in comparison to what is the 360 today versus how much the PS3 changed this gen. Xbox's UI has become the best of the best, while I still hate doing anything online on the PS3. They will get it right eventually, but they lost themselves a launch buyer with how much they messed up with this launch. Looking forward to playing titanfall with y'all next year Lems, but until then I will be on my PS4.

#47 Edited by b4il (91 posts) -

there will always be the same reasons why people like one system more than the other:

- preferred controller

- preferred exclusives

choose wisely

#48 Edited by Mkavanaugh77 (20731 posts) -

Because it doesnt wobble

#49 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

I'm buying one just for the fact that it makes cows lose sleep at night :)

#50 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16724 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

As oppose to getting kicked off PSN every 10 minutes, having your console wobble and overheat, having voice commands that were shoe horned in and don't work, having a hideous clunky UI with 8 year old features for the first time ever that lacks any impressive features, all to play glorious games like Failzone and Knack.

The PS4 haven't been overheating. Don't be one of those idiots that are stupid enough to believe everything they read on the net. The slight wobble is a none issue. The only ones complaining about the UI are those none gamers that are more interested in the UI.