Why would nintendo admit that they can't compete?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kaszilla (1718 posts) -

It came from the horse's mouth. They really cant compete and noone is falling for their gimmicks anymore.

#2 Posted by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

Inspiring thread, TC. Really. It has added so much to the discussions that exist on System Wars, and changed my view on not only video games, but life in general.

#3 Edited by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -
#4 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

Who knows?

#5 Posted by KBFloYd (12767 posts) -

ps4 and x1 trying to hype their gimped pcs wont work either... steambox will eat at their profit

no one is paying 600$ for xflop after november...

playstation is overhyped to hell by everyone...it might actually fool a lot of people.

#6 Posted by M8ingSeezun (1953 posts) -

Because they CAN'T.

Their "dinosaurs eating each other" theory is working on their behalf.

Their BEST bet is to stand on their own and provide a Nintendo experience with its 1st party games.

#7 Posted by darkspineslayer (19361 posts) -

Can't you stick with one account?

#8 Posted by MirkoS77 (6860 posts) -

Why? Because, unfortunately, people will believe it and tend not to hold Nintendo to any standard. The loyal fans eat up everything as gospel truth when Iwata speaks. What I'm seeing is just more excuses.

#9 Edited by KungfuKitten (20668 posts) -

I explained it like a gazillion times.

Sony and MS have wayyy more money to unofficially spend on securing third party exclusivity or priority. So there is no way for a smaller company to compete. They have to do their own thing. Very simple. Also your question is heavily loaded and insincere. It's not really a question at all!

#10 Edited by MonsieurX (28675 posts) -

@Kaszilla said:

It came from the horse's mouth. They really cant compete and noone is falling for their gimmicks anymore.

Who knows?

Switching accounts now :|

#11 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@KungfuKitten: if Nintengodno has enough money for 2 gc level of successcgens like the sheep say, then why can't they afford to make a respectable system?

#12 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

@MonsieurX: What? Why are so obsessed with saying I am an alt? Do YOU have an alt?

#13 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24280 posts) -

Cause it be pretty stupid to say otherwise.

#14 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Wii U is awesome!

#15 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -
#16 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

ps4 and x1 trying to hype their gimped pcs wont work either... steambox will eat at their profit

no one is paying 600$ for xflop after november...

playstation is overhyped to hell by everyone...it might actually fool a lot of people.

Considering we don't even know what the Steam MACHINEs will even offer I find this very hard to even consider.

Of course no will be paying $600 for an X1... because it doesn't cost $600 >_>.