Why would anyone buy an Xbone...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mountain2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mountain2012
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts

...after Microsoft revealed their hand with the whole always online debacle that they backpedaled on?

For those who don't know, before the Xbone came out Msoft was going to make the console always online with strict digital rights management, limiting the number of times a used digital game could be exchanged between hands.

Msoft is obviously pushing this and most likely going to implement it in the generation after the Xbone. So why would anyone want to buy an Xbone knowing what Msoft is doing?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

yes that's right tc.

if i'm going to consume digitally i'd prefer to do it on steam, because there are multiple vendors for the games like amazon, greenmangaming, and so on.

if i went with the microsoft console, well, so far i haven't seen their digital games for sale anywhere but on the microsoft store - with a very few exceptions eg: game cards sold by retailers. sans these exceptions, there is still a significant mismatch in firepower of the ms infrastructure vs steam.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Only hardcore lems rushed out to buy an Xbone. Now that the launch hype has died down Xbones are gathering dust....

TLHBO!

"b...bu....bu......but Xbone is teh fastest selling console in Australia!!1" LMFAO

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I've supported Steam for a decade, and that's DRM, and has for the longest time required periodic check-ins, and I can't share a single game I own with anyone.

The thing about Steam is that it's given me so many benefits in exchange for a few small nuisances.

Microsoft was attempting to make a system similar to Steam, but with the nifty added bonus of the "family sharing program".

There are forms of DRM that I dislike, but this is not one of them. I have internet access 99.999999999999999999% of my life, and it's never gone down for more than a couple hours (Microsoft's check-in was 24hrs). In return for that Microsoft was going to provide quite a few benefits just like Steam has.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@mountain2012 said:

...after Microsoft revealed their hand with the whole always online debacle that they backpedaled on?

For those who don't know, before the Xbone came out Msoft was going to make the console always online with strict digital rights management, limiting the number of times a used digital game could be exchanged between hands.

Msoft is obviously pushing this and most likely going to implement it in the generation after the Xbone. So why would anyone want to buy an Xbone knowing what Msoft is doing?

why would anybody make this thread?

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

The DRM thing actually had a lot of benefits, but people who make posts like this aren't willing to listen to logic, so I won't bother. I bought an Xbox One after buying the Wii U and PS4, mainly because Dead Rising 3 looked like a lot of fun. I was right, it's a great time.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@mountain2012 said:

Yawn. Your about 6 months late to the party. And I imagine consumers, like myself, bought the system because it has games they'd like to play.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

I want one.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Casual gamers like the multimedia stuff. So people that like that will buy it. But as a gaming machine it isn't as good as PS4 in any way. They need to make it up with the exclusives

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

They would buy it because it's a gaming system and they like the games exclusive to it.

I know I'd like to see how Killer Instinct is but haven't found a playable kiosk.

mountain2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mountain2012
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts

I'm no fanboy, but Lems are definitely my least favorite out of them all because they are so young and dense.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Sorry, this thread was common months ago, now it has just run it's course