why would anyone buy an xbone?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

All 3 platforms have the same design. The ps4 has faster memory and more compute units on it's gpu. the console is also priced cheaper and it's os doesn't use nearly as much memory as the xbone does trying to be all these things it's not. From a games perspective better does equal better in this case. EVery ported game should look better on the ps4. So you are paying more for less? ps4 has always had the better exclusive games too.

Uncharted, MLB The Show, Infamous, The Order, Killzone, Drive Club, more indie titles.

Titanfall is a pc port that can be played on the pc better than on the xbone. Most xbone exclusives also get released on the pc as well.

If you are going to buy a console buy a ps4?? I can understand people being loyal to nintendo and their games. But microsoft??

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Exclusives.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Blind brand loyalty and stubborn smugness carried over from last gen. Some are still bewildered that Sony came out with a better console from all the Sony Doom etc etc, and refuse to believe the facts.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

To play games they may like.

dujubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dujubear
Member since 2013 • 104 Posts

TV TV TV Collar Duty TV TV TV Sports Sports Sports

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Why would anyone want any console? I don't understand it either....

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

To play something different than ps exclusives. A different experience with a different community.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Blind brand loyaltyand stubborn smugness carried over from last gen. Some are still bewildered that Sony came out with a better console from all the Sony Doom etc etc, and refuse to believe the facts.

Lems are by far the least brand loyal customers around.

I bought the XOne because I liked the features it introduced that the PS4 doesn't have. I liked that it isn't just a beefed up 360 and actually offers something different. Power is of no concern to me since most of my gaming is done on my PC. The games that won't be on PC will be played on my XOne and eventually the PS4.

Sony came out with a more powerful console but it being better is subjective. The games will determine which console is better and that will be up to the individuals taste. The PS2 wasn't the most powerful console but you won't find many people saying it wasn't the best.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

All 3 platforms have the same design. The ps4 has faster memory and more compute units on it's gpu. the console is also priced cheaper and it's os doesn't use nearly as much memory as the xbone does trying to be all these things it's not. From a games perspective better does equal better in this case. EVery ported game should look better on the ps4. So you are paying more for less? ps4 has always had the better exclusive games too.

Uncharted, MLB The Show, Infamous, The Order, Killzone, Drive Club, more indie titles.

Titanfall is a pc port that can be played on the pc better than on the xbone. Most xbone exclusives also get released on the pc as well.

If you are going to buy a console buy a ps4?? I can understand people being loyal to nintendo and their games. But microsoft??

You maybe the biggest idiot on SW.

The Original Xbox was OVER 2X more powerful then the PS2..... Who won that generation? Power means nothing unless your a computer gamer.

You pay more, and get a lot mot more. Hows the PS4's cloud? you don't have it? Hows your youtube app? you don't have it? Hows your multifunction that allow you to do numerous things at once? really? you don't have it? In fact, the Xbox One has dozens of features and apps the PS4 doesn't.

Uncharted is a tomb raider knockoff. MLB 2k will be better then the show, always has. Infamous is the only exclusive I have interest in because I enjoyed the first. Infamous 2 sucked. Killzone is a flop of mega proportions, it will never reach success of Halo or Gears of War, DriveClub is a new IP that was the laughing stock at E3 and Gamescom. Forza 5 won best race game at both events, DriveClub was behind Forza, NFS, The Crew, And Mario Kart at BOTH events.

No one, and I mean absolutely no one cares about your indie games unless they are free. Resogun is a sidescroller......... It can be played on smartphones. If indies scream next generation to you, then enjoy. Its just sad that someone would pay $400+ for a next gen console when its best game is a game capable of being played on my phone.

Titanfall Will dominate any game the PS4 has.

I own a PS4, and if you want a superior gaming and home entertainment system, then get a Xbox One.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Obviously because people have their own reasons to buy an Xbox One over a PS4, so what? I bought an Xbox One just for Killer Instinct.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Lord_Omikron666 said:

Obviously because people have their own reasons to buy an Xbox One over a PS4, so what? I bought an Xbox One just for Killer Instinct.

This.

I didn't buy a PS4 because of its lackluster gaming line-up and lack of features that I wanted. None of that negates that its a great system. It is. People just like different stuff and have their own opinions about it. But I don't think you're searching for a reasonable debate about the pros and cons of the Xbox One. You created a troll thread and should be treated as such.

Cows Gonna Cow

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Celtic_34

@mrxboxone said:

@Celtic_34 said:

I own a PS4, and if you want a superior gaming and home entertainment system, then get a Xbox One.

Titanfall is overhyped, overmarketed and everything in between. it is also on pc and is just another EA game. The last line makes no sense to me.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Why would you give a shit

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Why would anyone buy a PS4? PC is more powerful, way cheaper games. Plus, unlike the PS4 is has great games releasing weekly. Its better in every case. If you're gonna buy a system get a PC, the PS4 is worthless.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Exclusives and TV

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#17 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58925 Posts

@sailor232 said:

To play something different than ps exclusives. A different experience with a different community.

Buy a pc, the exclusives will take brains the community will be over 13.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Celtic_34

why do people take things so personally? It was an honest question. I don't understand why people would buy an xbox one unless they didn't really research it and just buy things because of a brand. I could care less who makes what. i'm just looking at it from a logical technical perspective.

The ps4 is mroe powerful. It's cheaper. It has more games. playstation exclusives historically have been kind of better too. They are only on playstation where a lot of xbox stuff can also be played on a pc and better quality that way too.

i had a 360 last gen because most multiplats ran better on it . downloads were also faster. but that isn't the case this gen. what advantage does the xbone have besides being able to talk to it which you can also do with the ps4. It's just not forced on you and doesn't force the OS to dedicate resources for it.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#19 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The same reason people watch shows such as Jersey Shore.

messedupworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 messedupworld
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

@Celtic_34 said:

The Original Xbox was OVER 2X more powerful then the PS2..... Who won that generation? Power means nothing unless your a computer gamer.

You pay more, and get a lot mot more. Hows the PS4's cloud? you don't have it? Hows your youtube app? you don't have it? Hows your multifunction that allow you to do numerous things at once? really? you don't have it? In fact, the Xbox One has dozens of features and apps the PS4 doesn't.

Uncharted is a tomb raider knockoff. MLB 2k will be better then the show, always has. Infamous is the only exclusive I have interest in because I enjoyed the first. Infamous 2 sucked. Killzone is a flop of mega proportions, it will never reach success of Halo or Gears of War, DriveClub is a new IP that was the laughing stock at E3 and Gamescom. Forza 5 won best race game at both events, DriveClub was behind Forza, NFS, The Crew, And Mario cart at BOTH events.

No one, and I mean absolutely no one cares about your indie games unless they are free. Resogun is a sidescroller......... It can be played on smartphones. If indies scream next generation to you, then enjoy. Its just sad that someone would pay $400+ for a next gen console when its best game is a game capable of being played on my phone.

Pure cow ownage

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

From todays news alone it would seem to play the best racing game (s).

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

Why do you care? And don't tell me you don't, because you don't question others preference if you don't care. Do you preach to gay/lesbians because of their preference? When I can Play Halo, Forza, Titanfall, QB on PS4 then I wont buy an X1.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Celtic_34:

Because....

PS4 = hardware upgrade

Xbox One = next gen system

You'd know that if you ever used one.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MrXboxOne

@Celtic_34 said:

@mrxboxone said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Titanfall is overhyped, overmarketed and everything in between. it is also on pc and is just another EA game. The last line makes no sense to me.

It makes no sense to you, because you are incapable of a rational thought. I own both consoles and the Xbox One is clearly the superior system in nearly every single aspect. From features, apps, games, graphics and gameplay. Prove me wrong.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StormyJoe

@mrxboxone said:

@Celtic_34 said:

Uncharted is a tomb raider knockoff. MLB 2k will be better then the show, always has. Infamous is the only exclusive I have interest in because I enjoyed the first. Infamous 2 sucked. Killzone is a flop of mega proportions, it will never reach success of Halo or Gears of War, DriveClub is a new IP that was the laughing stock at E3 and Gamescom. Forza 5 won best race game at both events, DriveClub was behind Forza, NFS, The Crew, And Mario Kart at BOTH events.

That's some good ownage right there.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I bought one specifically to piss you off, TC.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StormyJoe

@Celtic_34 said:

@mrxboxone said:

@Celtic_34 said:

So, you need a PS4 and a PC to compete with the Xbox One.

Thanks for giving the XB1 such credibility.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Celtic_34

I tend to think you are the ones getting pissed off. I just asked a simple question. From a technical perspective and gaming perspective it's not as good. i'm too logical i guess.

"It's like hey i can buy this pc or this pc. This one is not as powerful but costs more. I'll buy that one."

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

Maybe becuase you are biased and not looking at it rationally. I have both an X1 and a PS4. also a 360, wii, and PS3.

Let me ask you this. the PS3 sold relatively as much as a 360 give or take. the wii doubled the sales of the 360. Now the wii makes sense due to being unique, the motion control + cheap price + wii fitness etc etc. So lets look at the 360 and the PS3 which sold about even and say, why would anyone have purchased a PS3? it cost 50% more (600 compared to 400) the 360 had (and still does) the better online service (PSN was brand new and didn't have free games) the PS3 came out a year later, and still wound up being less powerful in practice. Multiplats were much better on the 360 all gen. So in hindsight we have people (over 70 million) who waited an extra year to get a next gen system, paid 200 dollars more for it, and had weak online service, worse multiplats, DLC delays in the store, etc etc. All it had better was the fact it had a BD drive, but if thats the reason why are the same people clamoring about the PS being a gamers machine and the X1 not?

See how funny people sound? Like i said i have both, not hating on either but in hindsight outside of brand loyalty there was no reason to get a PS3 over a 360 when last gen started

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

Overall better all-round console from a company that is not begging you to buy one lest they go bust.

gensigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gensigns
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

To play AAA Racing Sims.

In 2017, the PS4 exclusive Gran Turismo 7 will score a 6

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Celtic_34

Drive Club looks awesome though.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@sailor232 said:

Buy a pc, the exclusives will take brains the community will be over 13.

I already have a gaming pc. In most games the community is great. In fact that's another reason I bought the xbox one, the controller will be best for the pc as well. I have the xbox one for my console fix.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I have no idea why anyone would want one.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

@Celtic_34: There are several reasons I can give you as to why someone would purchase an Xbox One:

1.Brand loyalty. This isn't unique to video games, it exists everywhere: Nike vs Adidas, Coke vs Pepsi, Apple vs Samsung, Nikon vs Canon etc...

2. Exclusive games. Believe it or not, the Xbox One has an interesting collection of games coming soon as well. And has more first party titles currently available. (current: Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct... Future releases: Titanfall, Halo 5, Quantum Break) Yes, Titanfall is also on PC, but you make it sound as if every PS4 owner games on PC, which I assume most console owners aren't avid PC gamers.

3. Casual Gamers see more features on the Xbox One. The PS4 is built as a games console, while the Xbox One is meant to be the central hub of your living room that happens to play games as well. Whether you like to use it or not, the Kinect is a very convenient way to navigate through your apps, TV, games and movies...and it's surprisingly responsive. The inclusion of Skype and the Xbox One Guide, it will help attract a broader audience; and based on what history has told us, the majority of the gaming population consists of casual gamers.

While you may question why someone would choose one console over the other, I think it's important that all of the gaming companies need to succeed for the consumer's sake. I purchased both a PS4 and an Xbox One, because I want both companies to succeed. We need this competition otherwise we wouldn't see such great features and games on our respective consoles. Would the PS4 be what it is today if Microsoft failed on the 360? No, I highly doubt it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Why would anyone buy a PS4? The company is on the brink of disaster, the worst launch line up and not much else coming this spring, DRM confirmed in the new ToS, digital buttons removed in favor of analog and a battery that last 5 hours, extremely high failure rate and poor customer service to go along with it.

I could go on but you get my point.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha:

Nothing's supposed to come in the spring. Nobody buys games in the spring because they have better shit to do. What great launch and spring games did the PS1 and PS2 have? How did those game libraries finish again?

The company also isn't on the brink of anything. They are in many markets. All they would have to do is dump their Television division.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

Nothing's supposed to come in the spring. Nobody buys games in the spring because they have better shit to do. What great launch and spring games did the PS1 and PS2 have? How did those game libraries finish again?

The company also isn't on the brink of anything. They are in many markets. All they would have to do is dump their Television division.

Ah cheers mate! Put another shrimp on the Barbie!!!!!

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MrXboxOne

@Celtic_34 said:

I tend to think you are the ones getting pissed off. I just asked a simple question. From a technical perspective and gaming perspective it's not as good. i'm too logical i guess.

"It's like hey i can buy this pc or this pc. This one is not as powerful but costs more. I'll buy that one."

So your logic is using PC as an example as to why the PS4 is better then the Xbox One, why trying to convince people (unsuccessfully I might add) that the PS4 is the best gaming system period while admitting PC is better? This doesn't make sense and proves my point that you are incapable of rational thought. No one is pissed, we are simply proving you to be a idiot.

From a technical perspective as well as a gaming perspective you are completely wrong, and its not even my opinion that disagrees. It is a fact that the Xbox One is the more technological advanced system of the two. To argue this, is absolutely absurd. It maybe 15% weaker from a hardware aspect (Again, the original Xbox was over double the power of the PS2), it already does things the PS4 will NEVER be able to do in its life cycle. From a gaming aspect, and I think everyone would agree that games are the most important thing for a gaming console. The Xbox One HAS better games. EVERYONE agrees. IGN, Gamespot, eurogamer, gametrailers and most all agree that right now the Xbox One has better games. Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3 and of course the only AAAE from either console Forza 5 are all rated higher then the PS4's best game Killzone. Again this is not my opinion. This is the experts opinion.

I can also add my 2 cents because I own both. I haven't even turned my PS4 on since I got my Xbox One. But you keep hyping up those indies.

AppleBeatsPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 AppleBeatsPC
Member since 2013 • 148 Posts

@Celtic_34: Sorry, but Xbox One is superior IMO. Xbox Live is a far better, more fluid experience, while their exclusives are much better. I see Xbox One winning in the long run.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Celtic_34

People keep saying the xbone exclusives are better. How??

ps4 has

uncharted

infamous second son

drive club

mlb the show

the order

others that have already been confirmed for ps4 are games like deep down. soma which is by the guys who did amnesia on the pc. There are a ton of indie titles ready to flood psn.....

killzone has been released. ps4 has naughty dog. quantici dream. god of war......

what does xbox one have that beats those games?

halo

forza

fable legends

quantum break

titanfall

others that have been announced. sunset overdrive. project spark. ryse, dead rising 3, killer instinct have been released. so ms has bungie and remedy. sony has naughty dog and quantic dream.

Not really seeing where Ms exclusives are better. You have a shooter by EA that's also available on the PC. Fable by a developer that is always overhyped. REmedy is not in the same class as naughty dog i'm sorry.

These are just big budget western style games that have been confirmed. Sony actually has a lot more exclusive games that i'm leaving out. It seems to be case of people who buy hype vs reality to me.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

If you have to ask yourself this question then nothing anyone says in this thread will change your mind. Waste of time.

TF626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TF626
Member since 2010 • 593 Posts

Sony made me take notice with it's emphasis on the games. There are some Xbox One games I want to try and probably get one in a few years. I'm not interested in all the other stuff, I don't watch cable.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Celtic_34

http://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps4

http://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

I don't see one area where the xbox one beats the ps4 this gen. the ps4 is cheaper, more powerful. will have better multiplats. it's online service isn't a pig like it was last gen. It's nice and fast. The dual shock 4 is very nice...

the xbox 360 had the advantage of better multiplats and a faster online service last gen. This gen they don't. the ps4 has more games. arguably better games imo....

the xbox one most drawing feature is kinect and tv integration which takes away from resources that oculd be used for games and doesn't even work right so far...

I have a ps4 and wont be buying an xbox one because i dont think it's better at anything. i have no interest in it. I can't comprehend why anyone would buy it actually. last gen yes. I actually had a 360. Didn't get a ps3 until end of gen just to play the exclusives..... This gen all the advantages teh 360 had are gone.

It actually kind of is whatever. Because irresponsible consumers who buy that crap are why we end up with having to pay more for less. brand loyalty of any kind is completely stupid to me.

Rayne718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rayne718
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts

@farrell2k said:

The answer of course is....to play shooter after shooter after shooter after shooter. The same goes for the PS4 as well. Only with Nintendo and the PC do player actually get a break from that nonsense.

I logged in just to quote this. So. F'n. True.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Celtic_34

i researched these consoles to death before i bought one. i could care less who makes what. it was between pc, ps4 and i looked at the xbox one as well. there is no reason why i would buy an xbox one when weighing all things against each other.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@Celtic_34 said:

i researched these consoles to death before i bought one. i could care less who makes what. it was between pc, ps4 and i looked at the xbox one as well. there is no reason why i would buy an xbox one when weighing all things against each other.

yet you didn't reply to me?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Xflop isn't worth buying or owning. If I won one I would sell it.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@mrxboxone said:

@Celtic_34 said:

You are the bigger idiot and a raging Lem! Who is going to spend $500 for a lesser gaming console, a buggy Kinect 2.0 that has trouble with voice inflection and accents and forces you to use specific commands and a cluttered, slow UI? Not to mention the FACT that MS is still lagging behind in first party developers and will AGAIN be reliant on third parties for games other than Halo, Fable and Forza! Which by the way are extreme weak sauce!

Meanwhile the PS4 is BY FAR the superior gaming console. Having a much more powerful CPU/GPU, a better controller, better UI and a $100 less expensive price tag. The PS4 also has more in house developers which means that we PS4 owners will have TONS of games that wont be on PC like most of the Xbone titles will! Drive Club, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1886, MLB The Show 14, Deep Down plus games by Naughty Dog, Quantic Dreams, Media Molecule and Santa Monica will all trump any offering for the XBOX ONE....even your precious TitanFAIL which isn't even exclusive to the Xboner!

E3 2014 is going to be a great week for PS4 owners and a burial for the Xboner once an for all. Especially when Quantum Break and Titanfail receive their obligatory downgrades in either performance, visuals or both!!!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Halo, Forza and media features I guess. PS4 seems superior in every gaming sense.