Why won't Bioshock make AAA?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts
Anyone who thinks multiplayer is neccisary to make a game fantastic is an idiot....  It's an RPG, fellow 360 owners, not a friggen blood pumping fps...
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts
Er more people suspect it to be an AAA than not,i think it will get it as the idea is new,but the fact that it won't feature multiplayer and it's an fps will hurt people's view on it,not necessarily the score if the single player is good enough.

blacktorn
Hmmmm... I'm not really sure I'd consider it an FPS anymore than I thought Deus Ex was an FPS. These types of games contain RPG elements and are much more focused on storyline and ambience than your typical FPS. The difference between these types of games and, say, the Halo series are night and day.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
people are complaining about no multiplayer. what did you guys do before multiplayer was ever around?BillGates_Money
pong had mp, right?
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
Because the mass media will shun it. -_-. Same thing with System Shock 2. Its been named one of the greatest games of all time................with an AA score.Vandalvideo
It's so sad how SS2 is so underated. I didn't play it until about 4 1/2 years after it came out and it still felt AAA buy that times standards.
DarthLukeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 DarthLukeboy
Member since 2005 • 1922 Posts
[QUOTE="Imallvol7"][QUOTE="Hot_Potato"]Because multiplayer is absolutely positively neccesary for a game to make AAA. Or so say the jealous cows who can't get this game.fartgorilla
are you kidding me??? since when are cows the one who say that??? lmfao, hasnt every thread on vf5 from lemmings deemed it a failure because no online multiplayer. hahaha, you gave me the laugh of the day.

That's pretty accurate about VF5. Multiplayer's a nice addition but it's far from necessary to make a game worth buying -- unless the single player is just total trash. If the single player's brilliant (like Oblivion) then you won't care if you can't take it online. Are people going to grumble when MGS4 and FF13 release without multiplayer?

I'm pretty confident MGS4 will have multiplayer.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I'm pretty confident MGS4 will have multiplayer.DarthLukeboy

It has an extensive online multiplayer according to Kojima. Supposedly Subsistense was just a taste of what is to come.
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="mutenpika"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]Because the mass media will shun it. -_-. Same thing with System Shock 2. Its been named one of the greatest games of all time................with an AA score.byrofish
Same with Deus Ex which was like System Shock 2 in some ways.

Same main developer... Warren Spector. The man's a genius!

He is not helping with Bioshock... is he?

Warren Spector is not working on Bioshock. I'm quite sure he didn't work on System Shock 2 either, though he was one of the main men behind the original.

That is what I thought.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Lemmings, Bioshock is not an RPG. It is an FPS with RPG elements. Even gamespot says it is an FPS.  And I really can't do anything but laugh because all I hear from lemmings is that multiplayer is all that matters and how it is needed and important for a game to be fun, but now all of a sudden, yall are saying it is about the single player experience. Yall have even bashed a game, Metroid Prime, for not having  online multiplayer when I think it is in the same boat as Bioshock. Just recently, yall had a field day bashing VF5 on PS3 and saying how it has already failed because it lacked online multiplayer. Now I do agree with yall that Bioshock doesn't need multiplayer because it is a single player focused game just like Metroid Prime, but yall are being a little hypocritical IMO.
cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts

Because multiplayer is absolutely positively neccesary for a game to make AAA. Or so say the jealous cows who can't get this game.Hot_Potato

I can care less for running around trying to kill other people online. What's fun for me is the story mode. I rarely play online unless it's co-op. Co-op is fun online, everything isn't for me.

And I do see this game getting high 9's across the board.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

[QUOTE="Hot_Potato"]Because multiplayer is absolutely positively neccesary for a game to make AAA. Or so say the jealous cows who can't get this game.cjnwo4life

I can care less for running around trying to kill other people online. What's fun for me is the story mode. I rarely play online unless it's co-op. Co-op is fun online, everything isn't for me.

I completely agree. I greatly prefer single player experiences or offline multiplayer games.
buckfush311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 buckfush311
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts

I just finished watching the videos for Bioshock, and I must say this game looks amazing, both gameplay wise and graphically. The water effects are great, and the character models looks good, too. The environments look amazing. And the gameplay looks lke it could be one of the best 1st person shooters yet. The idea of the genetic enhancement is altogether disturbing but looks to be a great gameplay element.

But people seem to doubt this game could get a score in the AAA range. Why?

Ptolemaueus
Because it's also being made on Xbox which makes any game worse.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
I think the game game will get AAA.:(Developers need to start focusing on some single player games,the market is being over run by generic multiplayer FPS's.I like FPS's and all but im getting tried of them......need some refreshing action/adventure games.Creativity is running out.
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#63 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
I don't know that this is a widely held opinion.  But then again, in that whole don't-count-your-chickens vein, never assume a game is going to be AAA before it comes out.  Even one that looks as promising as Bioshock.
Mstrchiefpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 Mstrchiefpwns
Member since 2006 • 814 Posts

mutliplayer is nesscirstary in order for a fps to make AAA title. because it brings in much more depthangilk

Plz do me a favor and don't even play this game. You playing it would just be an insult to the game itself. You obviously don't know much about it, bcuz it is more than an fps. I guess people like you will never be able to appreciate games like this.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Because multiplayer is absolutely positively neccesary for a game to make AAA. Or so say the jealous cows who can't get this game.Hot_Potato

Metroid prime has no multiplayer and it got a 9.7