Why Wii U is The Obvious Choice Over PS4 & Xbox One

• 65 results
#51 Edited by Slimmin360 (1463 posts) -

Yup the truth seems too be hurting alot of PS4 and X1 fanboys these days......well what do you expect with an unstable network, low capacity hard drives and the latest fiasco from Sony is that useless Playstation Now crap that charges you $5 to play a game for 3 days...LOL...what moron would actually waste their money on that?

#52 Posted by mariokart64fan (19377 posts) -

the best reason of all the wiiu is the best platform ----- hardly any of its games are cross gen or are ports , , ----- the majority of ps4 and xbox one games coming up are ports of last gen titles saints row 4 metro last light , gta v tomb raider madden etc etc etc are all last gen cross gen or are ports , wiiu seams to be the only one getting all new software the only ports coming were at launch , aside from windwaker hd , , so there you have it the best argument right there to be had , you want new games wiiu is the answer you want just ports /cross gen titles / remakes/// go for xbox one and ps4 ,

#53 Edited by super600 (30299 posts) -
@Slimmin360 said:

Yup the truth seems too be hurting alot of PS4 and X1 fanboys these days......well what do you expect with an unstable network, low capacity hard drives and the latest fiasco from Sony is that useless Playstation Now crap that charges you $5 to play a game for 3 days...LOL...what moron would actually waste their money on that?

All networks are unstable.The Nintendo network servers crashed a couple of times in the past because of high demand.

#54 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3782 posts) -

If you think wiiu is better than the competition then you're borderline delusional.

#55 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (644 posts) -

No....no it's not.

Can't do anything about getting DDOSed.....maybe it's b/c WiiU doens't have shit for a network.

Or does it? I dunno....thats how well known their network is.....

#56 Posted by Maroxad (8069 posts) -

The Wii U was the obvious choice over the PS4 and the One for me because all the multiplats were going on the PC anyways and the Wii U library actually had games that interest me, something I can not say about the One and PS4.

#57 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4370 posts) -

with the replies here, wondering what makes the Wii U online service illegitimate? Is this just talking point that carried over from the past couple generations or is there a serious problem? Though I guess things must of approved from the original Wii a little, considering lots pretended it didn't even exist back then. Maybe people shape the arguments based on the previous online service. Then these talking points would make sense to me.

#58 Posted by Bigboi500 (29328 posts) -

with the replies here, wondering what makes the Wii U online service illegitimate? Is this just talking point that carried over from the past couple generations or is there a serious problem? Though I guess things must of approved from the original Wii a little, considering lots pretended it didn't even exist back then. Maybe people shape the arguments based on the previous online service. Then these talking points would make sense to me.

I'm with you on this one. I've been familiar with all three companies' networks for several years and I don't get the comments either. I have no idea why PSN and XBL are "superior" to Ninty's online service. I guess paying for it automatically makes it instantly superior. *shrugs*

#59 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7346 posts) -

Hard to go down when you don't really have an online system

Not sure if burn or win.

#60 Posted by littlestreakier (2902 posts) -

I think the Wii U makes a GREAT companion console to a PS4 or XB1. The Wii U is severely underrated IMO.

#61 Posted by Wiiboxstation (121 posts) -

@Bigboi500:

All that psn and xbl have over Nintendo online is cross chat pretty much. Psn is always down and it is complicated to invite friends to games. Xbl is the best for me it's simple to use and does everything better than psn and nintendo online.

#62 Posted by Bigboi500 (29328 posts) -

@Bigboi500:

All that psn and xbl have over Nintendo online is cross chat pretty much. Psn is always down and it is complicated to invite friends to games. Xbl is the best for me it's simple to use and does everything better than psn and nintendo online.

Microsoft and Nintendo downloads are much faster than Sony as well. No idea why.

#63 Posted by Slimmin360 (1463 posts) -

Exactly the online for PSN and Live right now is at it's worst performance ever.

#64 Posted by Slimmin360 (1463 posts) -

Wait let me guess (makemeasammitch) your a hardware and graphics nut so in your world it's 60fps & 1080p, with flawless graphics right ? You wouldn't lower yourself to playing such classics like Zelda a link to the past or Punch out, Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros.....

Your just about mindless run and gun military shooters, sports titles and so on all running on max resolution and 60fps....well if thats true then you really don't deserve to play video games, because true gamers find enjoyment in every kind of game that exists, no matter how new or old, or how many pixels & shaders it has, if the fun factor is there then it's worth playing.

#65 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2518 posts) -

The problem with Wii U is lack of 3rd party support . Yes , Nintendo consoles have unique first party games and without them there won't be any traditional console games/hardware any more (both M$ and Sony are just trying to make their own PCs with custom OS) BUT we are living in the era of multiplatforms .

For Nintendo games , it is great platform to own alongside other platforms but just owning a Wii U at this point is not a smart move IMO . There are so many big multiplats like Arkham Knight , Witcher 3, MGS V etc that won't be on Wii U . If Nintendo had 3rd party support then Wii U would've been the best console .

#66 Posted by Bigboi500 (29328 posts) -

The problem with Wii U is lack of 3rd party support . Yes , Nintendo consoles have unique first party games and without them there won't be any traditional console games/hardware any more (both M$ and Sony are just trying to make their own PCs with custom OS) BUT we are living in the era of multiplatforms .

For Nintendo games , it is great platform to own alongside other platforms but just owning a Wii U at this point is not a smart move IMO . There are so many big multiplats like Arkham Knight , Witcher 3, MGS V etc that won't be on Wii U . If Nintendo had 3rd party support then Wii U would've been the best console .

I think Nintendo couldn't get third party support no matter what they'd do. Nobody wants to compete with N's first party titles. They could make a system ten times more powerful than the comp but it wouldn't matter.

Before the PS3, Sony was also alienated by Western companies just like Nintendo is now. It wasn't until Sony started investing in Western devs that things changed for them. As a result, their homeland doesn't support them like in the past, and Nintendo is king of Japan once again.

Nintendo will always be a Japanese gaming company that gets primarily Japanese games.