Why Wii U failed?

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Why Wii U failed? (63 votes)

Wii U is TOO WEAK 44%
Lack of Online Multiplayer 10%
Wii U GamePad 17%
Price Is Too High 29%

Select 1 and and tell us why Wii U failed?

Those 4 reasons are what i heard most.

(NON TOPIC - I played Kinect Sports Rivals. Great game, works very well. Bad score because soccer and shooting games are bad which means Kinect Sports Rivals has only 4 games for 60 dollars. If game price was 30 dollars then score would be higher. Its just Value reviews).

• 
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#151 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

This isn't that complicated.

Lack of games and poor marketing. End of. Sony doesn't have games either but they know how to market the crap out of something.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@VendettaRed07 said:

Lack of games and poor marketing. End of. Sony doesn't have games either but they know how to market the crap out of something.

Sony has the best console on the market at the best price on the market. Nintendo made a console with no features,no 3rd party support,crappy online gaming and is 5x weaker than the ps4 for 300 bucks. How do you market that ??

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Not going to choose one option when there are several good reasons.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

Sony has the best console on the market at the best price on the market. Nintendo made a console with no features,no 3rd party support,crappy online gaming and is 5x weaker than the ps4 for 300 bucks. How do you market that ??

Looks like you fell for Sony's marketing.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

What good does being the best console do exactly if people don't have any games to play? This year looks absolutely dead for the PS4. It sold 7 million units based on Sony's hype and great marketing for the system alone. Thats it. Last gen multiplats don't sell systems. But proper marketing and other things can go a long way to get people to buy into it more as an investment.

And that 5x more powerful stuff is yet to be seen and everyone knows this. Nothing on the ps4 or xbox one has looked like a dramatic leap from anything we saw last gen. Nor has either really provided a game that really takes advantage of this vastly superior online.

Games are what matter the most. Historically the weakest system has done well, and power has rarely if ever translated to better sales. The Wii sold 100 million units, despite its insane limitations. The wiiu doesn't even have nearly the same set backs or issues that the wii did in terms of being able to deliver competitive experiences.

You can actually market the WiiU but the name, the types of games being released on it, go hand in hand with marketing.. Marketing can also help boost third party support. But this is basic stuff.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

1. Hasn't failed

2. The reason it's had a slow start is because it has hardly any AAA games. Once Zelda and a few others come out, it'll bounce.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Because 99% of people think the wii U is a tablet attachment to the wii. Or they don't even know it exists at all. I asked a bunch of casuals if they heard about the wii u and they were clueless. They all responded they were not interested anyway because they hated their wii's and never played them.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

It didn't fail. Gamers failed.

Bow before the Co-op-console ! :p

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Because it's the hero the gaming industry deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt it. Because it can take it. Because it's not our hero. it's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A gamer's system.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

Looks like you fell for Sony's marketing.

Hey, marketing DOES work. Whaddaya know?

Take heed Nintendo, you just lost one....

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DocSanchez

@trugs26: A gamers system without any games.

Batman has a lot of powers, he's a technological marvel. He isn't wii u. If wii u is a super hero he is bananaman. Archaic, and hardly anyone remembers him.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By DocSanchez

@trugs26: A gamers system without any games.

Batman has a lot of powers, he's a technological marvel. He isn't wii u. If wii u is a super hero he is bananaman. Archaic, and hardly anyone remembers him.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@DocSanchez: Don't be dissin' bananaman. I loved that show as a kid. I actually found a DVD of the Bananaman series. I bought it, but haven't bothered watching it yet (been a few years since buying it now...). :P

Also, Batman is like Wii U in terms of what Gotham/Gaming Industry deserves, and yet a lot of people attack it. All the while, it's a big part of the industry, and it will watch over this industry protecting it, as we attack it. Don't need to drag out the metaphor any further technology, etc. It's not what I referred to in my post, thus it's not relevant to what I had said.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#164  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

I wouldn;t say the PS4 is the best console right now. It's somewhat cheap(not in Canada lol), and powerful, but it's close to a desert in terms of interesting and good exclusive games. I mostly buy consoles for exclusive games and not multiplats(the exception was the 360) I can already play on my 360 if I wanted to.Both the xbox one and the wiiu come with a game in the box also which is really attractive for someone like me.The only game that really interests me right now on the PS4 is infamous second son and I'm not paying over $500(console+game+ps+ subscription) to get that game. The wiiu and the xbox one are both building their game libraries slowly(especially the WiiU). Sony has a good vision for the console,but sony needs to show and release more interesting games for it because their competitior MS is slowly making me want to get an xbox one.I bought a wiiu because games like mario kart 8, super smash bros, x, bayonetta 2 and etc. I don;t care about how powerful a console is as long as good games are released for it. Nintendo does need to fix certain things like the online.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#165 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

REGION LOCK (i'm not in america)

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By MirkoS77

It's really too bad. The Wii U itself isn't a bad system. I disagree that there's anything inherently wrong with the hardware itself, it's just the way it's being handled is killing it. It's being managed in all the wrong ways. I think it'd be doing perfectly well with a few fundamental changes.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#167 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

poll fail. The answer is software

sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

You missed the obvious answer: Everyone learned their lesson after the Wii. Once bitten, twice shy.

I'll likely never own another Nintendo console after the shit-fest that was the Wii.

How was it a shit fest exactly?

Had amazing 1st and 2nd party games

90% of that system's library was shovelware. There were only a handful of games I liked, and I hated the control scheme. 30 minutes of pointing that damned Wiimote at my TV drove my wrists crazy. I wanted to love Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, but I couldn't play them long enough in one sitting to enjoy them.

My Wii spent the majority of last generation in its box.

Sounds like the PS2,but the PS2 get so much praise. I don't get it.

And the best games didn't even use the motion (or barely did)

Unlike the wii, the ps2 destroyed the competition in both quality and quantity. The wii missed out on a lot of the best games last gen simply because it's too weak.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 no-scope-AK47

@VendettaRed07 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

What good does being the best console do exactly if people don't have any games to play? This year looks absolutely dead for the PS4. It sold 7 million units based on Sony's hype and great marketing for the system alone. Thats it. Last gen multiplats don't sell systems. But proper marketing and other things can go a long way to get people to buy into it more as an investment.

And that 5x more powerful stuff is yet to be seen and everyone knows this. Nothing on the ps4 or xbox one has looked like a dramatic leap from anything we saw last gen. Nor has either really provided a game that really takes advantage of this vastly superior online.

Games are what matter the most. Historically the weakest system has done well, and power has rarely if ever translated to better sales. The Wii sold 100 million units, despite its insane limitations. The wiiu doesn't even have nearly the same set backs or issues that the wii did in terms of being able to deliver competitive experiences.

You can actually market the WiiU but the name, the types of games being released on it, go hand in hand with marketing.. Marketing can also help boost third party support. But this is basic stuff.

The ps4 2014 game list looks good not counting the free games on psn plus. There are all kinds of games from rpg's to racing. As for the leap I guess you have never played 2nd son yet looks pretty good for a console game.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@GunSmith1_basic said:

It not just software the wii u comes up short across the board vs other consoles. I do agree that no 3rd party support is a major problem. The wii u at it's current price is a horrible value.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#171  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@GunSmith1_basic said:

It not just software the wii u comes up short across the board vs other consoles. I do agree that no 3rd party support is a major problem. The wii u at it's current price is a horrible value.

1st party software is equally dismal compared to third party software. Nintendo has yet to release one killer app on the system. I see a lot of "good but not great" games on the system, nothing that really stands out and demands attention. It's been over a year at this point. It's pathetic. The wii had wiisports right out of the gate, and a new Zelda too.

Meanwhile on the WiiU just look at all the hype that a gamecube remake got. Wow. Is there nothing better?

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 no-scope-AK47

@GunSmith1_basic said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@GunSmith1_basic said:

1st party software is equally dismal compared to third party software. Nintendo has yet to release one killer app on the system. I see a lot of "good but not great" games on the system, nothing that really stands out and demands attention. It's been over a year at this point. It's pathetic. The wii had wiisports right out of the gate, and a new Zelda too.

Meanwhile on the WiiU just look at all the hype that a gamecube remake got. Wow. Is there nothing better?

Yeah it's pretty bad the wii had no games the last 2 years so I would have figured a megaton would be ready by now.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Guess overall it would be a case of marketing. Look it is really simple, most people are dumb as bricks, and will belive whatever they are told,. This particular industry shows it better then any other, marketing equates so much to sales that budgeds can sometimes nearly be 50/50.

The Wii U ad campaigns and promotions were quite horrible and uninformative to what it was. Nintendo simply did not manage to get the Word out the right way.

As for the Choices I would pick "Price" Ironically I can not remember if I wrote on the thread before O.o but Price always factors in, and it was too expensive for what you got form it for the longest time. Ultimately it is a decent system, with the makers trying to sell it imcompetently.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#174 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Price too high is due to the controller, so the two choices are directly related. If Nintendo could show people why they went with the controller, they could really turn things around, but they didn't have a game type in mind when they made the thing... they just figured it would be able to crossover to the mobile touch screen games on phones and tablets, I guess. Problem is, most of those games suck, and anybody that wants to play one of them already owns a device that can play them. ZombiiU was OK, but other than that I haven't seen any game offer a compelling reason to have their ridiculous controller.

Akuma12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#175 Akuma12345
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Nintendo Wii U have her own problems ... I admitted. Even I as a huge Nintendo fan I didn't bough it due to the price and weird controller. But It's still much more better than your beloved Xbone imho. I never like Xbox consoles their games just never interested me. Always shooting and shooting, Microshoft should renamed the console as XShoot XD.

2014 might be not the year for Nintendo but next year Nintendo will dominated once again you Microshaft. Just see, Nintendo always win!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By MirkoS77

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@GunSmith1_basic said:
Loading Video...

We're never going to see a Zelda that looks like this. Anouma (sp?) said that he hated the visuals of the tech demo and would never do a Zelda with such a style. Zelda's probably always going to remain very cartoonish.

OT. Nintendo's failing because of their attitude. They've become complacent and lazy and arrogant. Mostly all the mistakes they have made can be attributed to at least one of those. The Wii really was a terrible thing to happen to them because its success went right to their heads and reinforced messages and mentalities counter-productive to further success. The Wii was such a huge tele-tubby type phenomenon that Nintendo really didn't have to work that hard to get all that money. The Wii U is obviously them attempting to coast off the Wii's success. I think this is evidenced enough that they had stopped supporting the Wii in 2010 and had two years to get their shit together, and were still caught unprepared.

Good to see they're getting the message that they actually have to put in some effort for peoples' money.