Why Wii U failed?

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Why Wii U failed? (63 votes)

Wii U is TOO WEAK 44%
Lack of Online Multiplayer 10%
Wii U GamePad 17%
Price Is Too High 29%

Select 1 and and tell us why Wii U failed?

Those 4 reasons are what i heard most.

(NON TOPIC - I played Kinect Sports Rivals. Great game, works very well. Bad score because soccer and shooting games are bad which means Kinect Sports Rivals has only 4 games for 60 dollars. If game price was 30 dollars then score would be higher. Its just Value reviews).

• 
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#51 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@lostrib said:

Because you make shitty threads

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Wow, has there ever been this much ownage of the same TC for two threads made on the same topic, straight? I don't think so.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Wow, has there ever been this much ownage of the same TC for two threads made on the same topic, straight? I don't think so.

OP is used to ownage in his threads

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

You missed the obvious answer: Everyone learned their lesson after the Wii. Once bitten, twice shy.

I'll likely never own another Nintendo console after the shit-fest that was the Wii.

How was it a shit fest exactly?

Had amazing 1st and 2nd party games

90% of that system's library was shovelware. There were only a handful of games I liked, and I hated the control scheme. 30 minutes of pointing that damned Wiimote at my TV drove my wrists crazy. I wanted to love Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, but I couldn't play them long enough in one sitting to enjoy them.

My Wii spent the majority of last generation in its box.

Sounds like the PS2,but the PS2 get so much praise. I don't get it.

And the best games didn't even use the motion (or barely did)

The PS2 had a lot of quality software though. It isn't widely considered the best console of all time for nothing. I could name just a couple of franchises that, together, represented more games than I enjoyed on the Wii. That and it didn't have a gimmicky control scheme that was love-it-or-hate-it.

GTA, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy (before it sucked), Metal Gear...there was sooo much good on the PS2.

Hell, I probably played SSX 3 more than all of the games on my Wii combined, all because of that Wiimote. I never had a "wow" moment on my Wii that approached the first time I played GTA III.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Marketing is probably the biggest fail Nintendo has done to the Wii U, other than releasing games way too late.

Wii U isn't all that weak. Granted its not PS4/X1, but its not the reason why its not selling.

Wii U does have online. Not idea why you keep saying otherwise.

Gamepad is actually pretty cool.

The price point is just right, if they pack Mario Kart 8 with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

You missed the obvious answer: Everyone learned their lesson after the Wii. Once bitten, twice shy.

I'll likely never own another Nintendo console after the shit-fest that was the Wii.

90% of that system's library was shovelware. There were only a handful of games I liked, and I hated the control scheme. 30 minutes of pointing that damned Wiimote at my TV drove my wrists crazy. I wanted to love Mario Galaxy and Twilight Princess, but I couldn't play them long enough in one sitting to enjoy them.

The PS2 had a lot of quality software though. I could name just a couple of franchises that, together, represented more games than I enjoyed on the Wii. That and it didn't have a gimmicky control scheme that was love-it-or-hate-it.

GTA, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Gran Turismo...it wasn't worn out territory back in the PS2 days

Hell, I probably played SSX 3 more than any game on my Wii, all because of that Wiimote.

Honestly, this sounds more like your personal issues with the Wiimote than any objective issue with the console itself. The Wii had a ton of great titles, big games, small games, mainstream hits, little known gems, and most of them did not necessitate motion controls. Equally importantly, a large portion of the games also supported alternate, conventional control schemes via the Gamecube controller or the Classic Controllers.

Obviously, the Wii's library was nowhere near the same level as the PS2's, but to dismiss it right off the bat like you are doing is equally absurd.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Because they just don't like you, FFL.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

still licking his wounds from the kinect sports rivals hype thread most likely.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bforrester420

@charizard1605 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

The PS2 had a lot of quality software though. I could name just a couple of franchises that, together, represented more games than I enjoyed on the Wii. That and it didn't have a gimmicky control scheme that was love-it-or-hate-it.

GTA, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Gran Turismo...it wasn't worn out territory back in the PS2 days

Hell, I probably played SSX 3 more than any game on my Wii, all because of that Wiimote.

Honestly, this sounds more like your personal issues with the Wiimote than any objective issue with the console itself. The Wii had a ton of great titles, big games, small games, mainstream hits, little known gems, and most of them did not necessitate motion controls. Equally importantly, a large portion of the games also supported alternate, conventional control schemes via the Gamecube controller or the Classic Controllers.

Obviously, the Wii's library was nowhere near the same level as the PS2's, but to dismiss it right off the bat like you are doing is equally absurd.

Certainly. All I can do is speak for myself, but I bet if you were to ask most gamers what they thought of their Wii, the responses would be overwhelmingly negative outside of the handful of superb games.

The bulk of that system's sales were to casuals. Hell, my my and my in-laws, both in their late 50s at the time, each had a Wii. Neither had ever had a console before or since.

My assertion to this thread is that the majority of the hard-core crowd learned their lesson from the Wii, a mostly disappointing console, and the WiiU has none of the casual appeal of the Wii.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

There are a million different reasons I've been in to on numerous occasions. Suffice to say choosing just one is to ignore all the others. It was a clusterfuck and a lot of the issues stem way further back than the console even.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@bforrester420 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bforrester420 said:

Certainly. All I can do is speak for myself, but I bet if you were to ask most gamers what they thought of their Wii, the responses would be overwhelmingly negative outside of the handful of superb games.

The bulk of that system's sales were to casuals. Hell, my my and my in-laws, both in their late 50s at the time, each had a Wii. Neither had ever had a console before or since.

My assertion to this thread is that the majority of the hard-core crowd learned their lesson from the Wii, a mostly disappointing console, and the WiiU has none of the casual appeal of the Wii.

That sounds fair, but I will say one thing: I don't think there is any permanent 'burning' of hardcore gamers for any company. I mean, the recent history of PlayStation and Xbox is proof enough of that, or of Sega back in their day. Public perception is a fickle thing, and I think that if Nintendo tried, they could make a comeback with a hell of a console that reversed public perception. I think a large part of the Wii U's issues has been their inability to communicate the fact that the Wii U is a significantly more appealing proposition to the core gamer than the Wii ever was, for example.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Also the price doesn't help as well, I mean seriously $299 for a 32GB system that's barely as powerful as the 360 and PS3? come on that's a rip off.

Now come on, you're better than this. The Wii U is easily, noticeably more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and at $299, it comes with a game bundled as well.

It's still too costly and if I'm not mistaken the Wii-u is actually a little less powerful than the PS3/360, if not as powerful at the most. Even if the Wii-U is as powerful as the PS3/360 the price is still too high.

Also I havent been a fan with Nintendos desire to innovate the console controller (with the wii mote and tablet), if it ain't broke don't fix it. There's a reason why Sony has been doing the same concept for their controller the past 20 years.

If the Wii-U 32GB was $200, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Also the price doesn't help as well, I mean seriously $299 for a 32GB system that's barely as powerful as the 360 and PS3? come on that's a rip off.

Now come on, you're better than this. The Wii U is easily, noticeably more powerful than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and at $299, it comes with a game bundled as well.

It's still too costly and if I'm not mistaken the Wii-u is actually a little less powerful than the PS3/360, if not as powerful at the most. Even if the Wii-U is as powerful as the PS3/360 the price is still too high.

Also I havent been a fan with Nintendos desire to innovate the console controller (with the wii mote and tablet), if it ain't broke don't fix it. There's a reason why Sony has been doing the same concept for their controller the past 20 years.

Refurbished deluxe systems from Nintendo directly for 200$!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

No, the Wii U is a step up from the Xbox 360 and PS3. It's architecture is different (CPU bottlenecks offset by a very powerful GPGPU), which causes issues when games optimized for the CPU reliant Xbox 360 are ported wholesale and indiscriminately for it, but the console on the whole is a noticeable step up from both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

As for the controller, the tablet controller is, as stated before, just a standard controller- four shoulder buttons, four action buttons, Dpad, two analog sticks, a Home, Start, and Select button, with the added benefit of the touch screen in the center (alongside true, native Off TV Play).

The Wii U 32GB is in fact being sold for $200 right now, and by Nintendo themselves. This set includes one free game, all the accessories, a full one year warranty, and is even eligible for Nintendo Network Deluxe.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

I saw it comes down to lack of devoted third party support, Nintendo didn't consult with third parties in bringing unique titles over to the Wii U. Instead third party support comes down to getting ports or late ports which people can otherwise play on their Xbox 360 or PS3, and even in that respect there isn't too much that gets ported over. There's no graphical advantage either so the only reason to get a Wii U is for Nintendo published titles only. And there's not really any games on the system that have people saying "damn, I gotta have a Wii U".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@lamprey263 said:

I saw it comes down to lack of devoted third party support, Nintendo didn't consult with third parties in bringing unique titles over to the Wii U. Instead third party support comes down to getting ports or late ports which people can otherwise play on their Xbox 360 or PS3, and even in that respect there isn't too much that gets ported over. There's no graphical advantage either so the only reason to get a Wii U is for Nintendo published titles only. And there's not really any games on the system that have people saying "damn, I gotta have a Wii U".

Yet. Kart 8 and Smash Bros. will change that (as will to a lesser degree Bayonetta 2 and X, I suspect).

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

No, the Wii U is a step up from the Xbox 360 and PS3. It's architecture is different (CPU bottlenecks offset by a very powerful GPGPU), which causes issues when games optimized for the CPU reliant Xbox 360 are ported wholesale and indiscriminately for it, but the console on the whole is a noticeable step up from both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

As for the controller, the tablet controller is, as stated before, just a standard controller- four shoulder buttons, four action buttons, Dpad, two analog sticks, a Home, Start, and Select button, with the added benefit of the touch screen in the center (alongside true, native Off TV Play).

The Wii U 32GB is in fact being sold for $200 right now, and by Nintendo themselves. This set includes one free game, all the accessories, a full one year warranty, and is even eligible for Nintendo Network Deluxe.

Hmmm I'll look into that deal from Nintendo, makes me want to get one now. As for power wise I've yet to see a Wii-U game look as good as TLOU or Uncharted 2/3. I'd say X has a good chance for being a good looking game but I'm not impressed with the new Mario Kart since the textures just look like HD plastic models with no textures.

I've played ZombiU at a friends house (he's got the WW Wii-U edition, which makes me jelly) and while the game was pretty decent, I'm not a fan of the tablet, it's seriously a ipad with buttons and thumbsticks, a pretty horrible design for a lot of game genres.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bforrester420

@charizard1605 said:

That sounds fair, but I will say one thing: I don't think there is any permanent 'burning' of hardcore gamers for any company. I mean, the recent history of PlayStation and Xbox is proof enough of that, or of Sega back in their day. Public perception is a fickle thing, and I think that if Nintendo tried, they could make a comeback with a hell of a console that reversed public perception. I think a large part of the Wii U's issues has been their inability to communicate the fact that the Wii U is a significantly more appealing proposition to the core gamer than the Wii ever was, for example.

I kind of feel like, on its own merits, the WiiU is basically a Nintendo DS in console form. Granted, it doesn't have the same strength in software yet, but that's what the control scheme reminds me of.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

Hmmm I'll look into that deal from Nintendo, makes me want to get one now. As for power wise I've yet to see a Wii-U game look as good as TLOU or Uncharted 2/3. I'd say X has a good chance for being a good looking game but I'm not impressed with the new Mario Kart since the textures just look like HD plastic models with no textures.

I've played ZombiU at a friends house (he's got the WW Wii-U edition, which makes me jelly) and while the game was pretty decent, I'm not a fan of the tablet, it's seriously a ipad with buttons and thumbsticks, a pretty horrible design for a lot of game genres.

Well, like I said before, the PS3 (and its games) benefit from 8 years of console optimization (at least)- the Wii U has had less than two. Give it time, and there will be Wii U games that will be stunning looking.

If you don't like the Wii U tablet, you can always use the Wii U Pro- it's an excellent controller that is supported by most of the games on the system (and especially the ones that you would be interested in).

@bforrester420 said:

I kind of feel like, on its own merits, the WiiU is basically a Nintendo DS in console form. Granted, it doesn't have the same strength in software yet, but that's what the control scheme reminds me of.

You're right, that is in fact what it is- as a matter of fact, a console scale Nintendo DS was what the Wii was originally supposed to be (back when it was still called Revolution), but the idea was later scrapped when Nintendo decided to differentiate the home console a little. It appears they revisited the idea with the Wii U.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

How can a system just over 2 years into it's life cycle be considered to have failed ?

It has plenty of games, alot of which can be found in Nintendo's E-Shop, as well as store shelves.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Ballroompirate

@charizard1605: Nintendo should've just used the Wii-U pro as the main controller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Ballroompirate said:

@charizard1605: Nintendo should've just used the Wii-U pro as the main controller

Then they would have been left with a conventional console that was much weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One and nothing to differentiate it. They were probably counting on the Wii U Pad being a viable hook, but of course that did not pan out either.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

It lacks the complete experience the other consoles can offer, you want the biggest and best games coming out and want to experience them in the best way possible? Then the WiiU is not the console you choose. WiiU is a good secondary console but considering it came out before the other consoles did that meant nobody even had a primary gaming device yet so they sure as hell weren't looking for a secondary.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Ballroompirate

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Then they would have been left with a conventional console that was much weaker than the PS4 and Xbox One and nothing to differentiate it. They were probably counting on the Wii U Pad being a viable hook, but of course that did not pan out either.

Like I said earlier, don't fix it if it ain't broken. There's no reason to innovate the game controller. Nintendo could've even put w/e how much they put into the tablet into something else for the Wii-U.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

It lacks the complete experience the other consoles can offer, you want the biggest and best games coming out and want to experience them in the best way possible? Then the WiiU is not the console you choose. WiiU is a good secondary console but considering it came out before the other consoles did that meant nobody even had a primary gaming device yet so they sure as hell weren't looking for a secondary.

psshh hogwash.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 bobbetybob
@KBFloYd said:

@bobbetybob said:

psshh hogwash.

It's not though is it. The amount of big third party games coming out for the WiiU is pitiful and with the lack of sales the online modes for most of the third party games it does get are completely dead. Couple that with the graphical capabilities of the console as well as it's somewhat limited media playback and you've got a console that's good for one thing: exclusives. Now that's all fine and dandy, but 5 games a year just isn't going to cut it for most people, that's of course assuming that you have an interest in every single exclusive game, tough luck if you don't because there goes a fifth of your gaming for the year.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 KBFloYd

@bobbetybob said:
@KBFloYd said:

@bobbetybob said:

psshh hogwash.

It's not though is it. The amount of big third party games coming out for the WiiU is pitiful and with the lack of sales the online modes for most of the third party games it does get are completely dead. Couple that with the graphical capabilities of the console as well as it's somewhat limited media playback and you've got a console that's good for one thing: exclusives. Now that's all fine and dandy, but 5 games a year just isn't going to cut it for most people, that's of course assuming that you have an interest in every single exclusive game, tough luck if you don't because there goes a fifth of your gaming for the year.

the wii proves its all hogwash bro..

go cry about that 3rd party garbage somewhere else.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 bobbetybob
@KBFloYd said:

@bobbetybob said:

No thanks, I think I'll "cry" about it in the thread titled "Why Wii U failed." Why don't you go start a thread titled "Why I'm delusional and the WiiU is a resounding success" and you can post some more of your denial in there.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

All of the above and then some. I heard you can't even play dvd on it. Their controllers were too unconventional and awkward. And the games didn't really offer much for me. From release till now, Nintendo hasn't showed me anything that grabbed my attention and I don't think anything will, oh yeah the Wii was pretty disappointing too.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By KBFloYd

@bobbetybob said:
@KBFloYd said:

@bobbetybob said:

No thanks, I think I'll "cry" about it in the thread titled "Why Wii U failed." Why don't you go start a thread titled "Why I'm delusional and the WiiU is a resounding success" and you can post some more of your denial in there.

i dont think the wiiU is a success. i dont even think its a worth purchase yet...imo it only has 2 good games. pikmin3 and donkey kong freeze.

i like playing online...call of duty is fun but my days of playing it all night are over. im waiting for another online game...mario kart and smash bros is it...maybe X also. and im good for the whole generation.

just dont preach this 3rd party is god crap to me because i dont subscribe to it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@charizard1605: isn't that tablet controller expensive, without it they could have launched the console at a cheaper price and marketed it as "hey look real gamers here is a normal controller enjoy some Nintendo games and the console is cheap you can get this and your xbox one/ps4 too for when you want to play online paint ball"

I'm already considering it as a secondary console, if it was cheaper I would probably already have it

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#83  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It's not Online, I just go to your other topic to see my posts on why I think that Nintendo got right on Online this time around.

It's not the Gamepad, Everyone who owns a WiiU will probably tell you the Gamepad is actually pretty neat, only problem is the battery life, but then there's the Pro Controller which has AMAZING battery life.

It's not the Price, Most if not all WiiU consoles now come with a game so You're really buying a $250 console with a $50 game. granted The PS3's Last of Us bundle is there, so it's really of just a case of WiiU is new and PS3 is old type of thing, but take it as you will. The Infamous PS4 Bundle was crap.

Only thing left which I think is the most relevant of the complaints and reflects on how gamers feel on the situation and shows with how well the PS4 is selling is indeed the WiiU's overall Power. WiiU isn't really too weak and can still make some amazing game titles, just look at Pikmin 3. But When WiiU starts to miss out on Titles PS3 and 360 are getting and the biggest complaint is that the CPU is too weak to handle them. You got a problem.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KBFloYd

@speak_low said:

Why Wii U failed - because Nintendo made it

they made the wii,nes snes,ds,3ds also.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

Because Nintendo thinks peeople will jump on their **** as long as they release new 1st Party games. Hopefully they'll get a reality check and realize only die hard Nintendo fans are going to put up with their bull and sadly for them that's only a few million people. They may have cash reserves in spades right now but in a couple generations, they'll be done if they don't change.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By KBFloYd

@speak_low said:

@KBFloYd said:

@speak_low said:

they made the wii,nes snes,ds,3ds also.

So that means they earned their license to be dumb today because of old glories.

This is what this Sheep is trying to tell me.

Notice when Sony and MS joined video games they turned really dumb all of a sudden, not able to figure out how to sell a home console, or unable to sell as much as the newcomers.

There "reverered" history would only mean they should be held at a higher standard.

You don't think about it because you have "Wii NES SNES" on speed dial, thinking this absolves the company from criticism. Now go get another dumb animated gif

nintendo is still here...proof that what sheep are telling is true.

but you close your ears and say no no no.

just buy a wiiu or 3ds...close the door and have that honeymoon. :)

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts
  1. It's an overprice underpowered console, that's why 3rd parties LOL about it.
  2. The gamepad is a gimmicky device that not even 3rd parties care about
  3. Lack of 3rd party support, again.
  4. Failed communication between Nintendo and 3rd party developers
  5. Failed communication between Nintendo and consumers
  6. It's 2014 and Nintendo has failed to figure out the modern gamer
  7. It's quiet and that's meant to make mommies happy so their babies can fall asleep

Brutal Honesty is amazing, isn't it?

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

lol are you really that upset about kinect sports rivals having a terrible score that you just had to throw that in?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#91 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
  1. Advertisement
  2. Name
  3. Games came out very late
  4. Less powerful
  5. Different Architecture
Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

The real question is why did the wii succeed, when every Nintendo system has sold worse than its previous brother. The wiiu is just the continuation of a trend that started after the nes, typically a 30 to 40% drop.

Only reason the wii succeeded was because of nostalgia, combined with the right marketing, at an acceptable price. The nostalgia passed around 2010, and people forgot about the wii and started buying 360s and ps3s. When Nintendo finally got around to releasing a new system, they still thought the wii was fresh on everyone's mind, and not sitting in closets.

You cannot abandon your customers for 3+ years and expect them to come back.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

The wii u failed for the same reason the n64/gc did the leadership sucks. You can look at the wii u's issues but these were choices made way in advance by nintendo's leaders. Nintendo got lucky with the wii it was the only console to win with poor 3rd party support.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#94  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The biggest reason why the wiiu is suffering currently is that nintendo failed to capture the market they usually appeal to with there product(children and their families) and the other audiences that bought the wii.The poor software support did not help either along with all the other mistakes they made, but nintendo will be fine in the long run

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Because Nintendo thinks peeople will jump on their **** as long as they release new 1st Party games. Hopefully they'll get a reality check and realize only die hard Nintendo fans are going to put up with their bull and sadly for them that's only a few million people. They may have cash reserves in spades right now but in a couple generations, they'll be done if they don't change.

Changs have probably already been made to the company's overall business structure. We may see some of those changes soon.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Wii U is weaker and has higher price than PS3 and Xbox 360.

PS3 and Xbox 360 offers you free games to play, Wii U not.

Xbox 360 has over 1000 games to play, Wii U less than 30(most are multiplatform game, worst ports). No online games to play.

In short: Higher price, less games, weaker console = BAD

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Xbox 360 has over 1000 games to play, Wii U less than 30(most are multiplatform game, worst ports). No online games to play.

do you ever get tired of sucking?

cyanblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 cyanblues
Member since 2004 • 312 Posts

name, most non gamers probably don't even know its the next generation of the wii

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@speak_low said:

I second this. Nintendo just does not get it. They have not made a good console from the snes days. Yet old school gamers supported them. I myself bought their bullshit but the gap is so huge now Nintendo consoles are a joke. Last gen the wii got lucky with the casuals buying it.

I don't think in the history of consoles one has won the gen with no 3rd party support. Nintendo has always gimped their hardware and features yet sold the console for full price. Add in the lack of 3rd party support and the worse online network and it's a wonder anybody bought the wii u.

Nintendo should just go 3rd party. They can no longer compete in the console space.The only thing Nintendo has going for them is a couple exclusive games. Only a idiot would think a console is going to do well with a couple games and nothing else.

FreedomFreeMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By FreedomFreeMom
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Oh Freedy poo, this is a wonderful internet book you made here! I didn't know you had so many friends. Papa poo will be proud!

Now come up from the basement and get some dinner sweety. Bart and Phillis are coming over for a round of Wii sports and I don't want you getting tuckered out like last time.