Why were PC indie games neglected 10yrs ago?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@AdrianWerner said:
@Ballroompirate said:

ly rarely

You do realize flash games are free right (literally majority of the time) that run on a browser (like newgrounds) or a mobile device, basically anyone can make em on adobe if you have the basic understanding of it.

So like I said majority of the people here don't know the difference between a flash game and a indie game.

And? What does them being free have anything to do with them being indie or not? Especially since plenty of them were actually making money for developers.

And yes, there's a difference between flash and indie game. In that pretty much ever flash game was a indie game, but not every indie game was a flash one.

.....ignorance suits you well doesn't it

Flash games RUN ON BROWSERS, holy shit. Flash games do not equal indie games, flash games ARE MADE FROM ADOBE or other flash software and are played through internet browsers, hence why they were even called flash games. While indie games are primarily played through digital distribution (whether it's free or paid), specially now and days when you have GMG, Steam and other DD services.

I don't know what you two are arguing about but indies came from the word independent. And when mixed with video gaming means, having the game self published; the game doesn't have a publisher like EA or Ubisoft.

In short, as long as EA, a publisher and the likes, didn't published a certain flash games, they're basically indies.

P.S. There's this flash browser game that isn't an indie, it's called Lord of Ultima, published by EA, and also that Marvel Avengers Alliance game published by Disney.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I miss the good ol days of indie aka shareware games (registered for the full version).

id Software and Epic Megagames (Gears of War)

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@anthonyautumns: like I said flash games are browser based, flash games doesn't mean it's solely indie or none indie (literally anyone who knows how to use java or adobe can make a flash game). LoU while made by EA it also ran on java on your browser (hence why it can be a flash game).

A prime example of a flash game, Kingdom Rush

Loading Video...