Why the Xbox One could dominate 2014

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

1. The premise – Ok, so the PS4 had very good sales at launch, thanks quite a lot to its notion of ‘a games console for the gamers’ and I’m not going to lie, that was a big part of what made me ditch my Xbox 360 and return to a glorious Sony future. I think that many a gamer like me did exactly the same thing around launch, “I want better graphics and I want them now,” right? At the moment, the One may not be competing spec wise in many areas but was that really the goal anyway? A big part of the One’s launch was to create an entertainment system that could flawlessly provide you with everything you need to complete your electronics den in one package, even having apps to get you food! This focus on entertainment is surly something that is really going to come into its own as the console gets a bit more content under its belt and as people start to look at upgrading electronics, why not just get an Xbox One with it all in? The PS4 by comparison may have the better graphics, but the UI is very minimal and you can see why the gamers who are not fussed about a few extra frames will decide to go for the more complete option.

2. The Features – While the games have had to be the big focus at the start of the generation, (as they provide perhaps the clearest way to define any ‘advantage’), it is the Xbox’s feature set which seems to be more complete. While the PS4 focused heavily on its sharing options, as a PS4 gamer I am extremely envious of the One’s ability to record and share clips and it’s something I wish Sony could replicate. For those unfamiliar, the PS4 can record up to 15 minutes of game play footage while the One can only capture a shorter 5. Again to those who like to see all the figures written down its a clear winner, but when you look at the practicality of it, it’s all semantics. I have often found myself wanting to save the last 30 seconds for a good kill or an interesting glitch except, with the PS4, I have to sort through 15 minutes of footage to find my clip. This can be skipped through, but it seems unnecessary. The Xbox’s ability to record the last few seconds of play, as well as its great editing features, will surly come to light and appeal to those who only thought the PS4 offered great sharing capabilities. I have to admit that I thought Sony had this nailed, that is until my mates got the One. Tie in all of this with the Kinect and you have yourself a great experience all round . Now that the Kinect is finding a place and becoming more than just a gimmick, it is really adding value to the bedroom/living room. This will not only serve families better, but also those who genuinely want to multitask with games, films and other apps.

3. The Games – While the tech behind the games has been the subject of a hell of a lot of scrutiny, the actual content looks insane. I mean, even with all of the negative feedback the Xbox has been receiving over the last few months, there is only one real game on everyones lips, and that is Titanfall. Personally, I can’t see the massive appeal for the game, but surely you can’t ignore the sheer presence that the game has had over the last year. Towards the end of the last console generation, Sony stepped it up to reproduce the sort of success that they gained through The Last of Us and are again trying to capture that interest with The Order and Infamous. These games will be very popular I’m sure, but will that sell consoles in the same way as a new Halo or a new Gears? Sony has always been exceptional at delivering new IP’s but Xbox proved with the 360 that it could pull off sequels like no other. Ok, so you may be seeing it with a couple of frames less but now that the gaming ‘snobs’ have had their say, the people that just want to play will be picking up the console they think has the best stories, and honestly, it’s a level playing field.

4. The Fans – That’s right, you guys! Ever since the announcement of the Xbox One, it has dramatically changed due to the concerns of its fans. I, for one, don’t expect this to change and if anything the One will just become a console perfectly suited to what the people want. As a PS4 gamer I hope and pray that they continue to develop the PS4 to suit me and hey, I even hope that it stays better than the Xbox. But companies are guilty of getting big headed, it happened to Microsoft to get them in this mess in the first place. But as long as you guys keep calling them on their shit, then they will have to change and adapt to make sure that they stay relevant.

With all that to come, the One may be flagging a bit now but give it a few months and it will have found that extra bit of speed that it needed to catch up. I can’t tell you what this space will look like at the end of the year. But I will be very surprised if it’s the same as it is now. There is only one thing that we can be sure about – it’s one hell of a time to be a gamer!

If we look at latest and last gen last sequel games(latest) and few Kinect/Move games, then you can clearly see that Xbox owners buys games while PS owners says how good games they have, yet nobody buys a damn thing...

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

lol.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Didn't read,lol

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Can someone ban this guy?

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

god your threads just pure, biased SHIT. why do i still come here? *sigh*

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FreedomFreeLife

@lazerface216 said:

Nothing biased. FACTS.

It´s SYSTEM WAR!!!

By your logic:

Everyone who says PS4 is good, everyone are good and not biased.

Who says Xbox One is good, everyone are biased, stupid and idiots.

THATS YOUR LOGIC. No wonder why you poor.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@FreedomFreeLife: You had a similar topic locked yesterday. Time for your account to take a vacation...then you can go back to using your real account.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FreedomFreeLife

@StrongBlackVine said:

@FreedomFreeLife: You had a similar topic locked yesterday. Time for your account to take a vacation...then you can go back to using your real account.

No, i did not have similar topic. This topic is about why Xbox One could dominate. You stop crying already. You not the world. Really, get a life. You think your the only one who is right about everything? No, you are not.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Dead Rising has sold over 1 million copies already. Ryse will probably sell that many before E3.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lazerface216 said:

Nothing biased. FACTS.

It´s SYSTEM WAR!!!

By your logic:

Everyone who says PS4 is good, everyone are good and not biased.

Who says Xbox One is good, everyone are biased, stupid and idiots.

THATS YOUR LOGIC. No wonder why you poor.

again, BIASED SHIT.

your lame list trying to prove that ps gamers don't buy games is so cherry picked it makes me SICK! first off, over half of those xbox titles you posted are or were part of BUNDLES. using kinect adventures to prove your point? that game came packaged with EVERY SINGLE kinect, so **** off with that. secondly, where's GT5? you know, the best selling racing game of last gen? matter of fact, you're missing a ton of games. and don't try and pull that "i'm talking about the latest games" bullshit, you've listed kinect adventures and pgr.

there are absolutely no facts in anything you posted.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The TC has Stolen the OP word for word from this Xboxer/Ipad/Vita gamer's blog from Feb 16, 2014.

I have a suspicion the TC also posted in that guys blog in the comments section, rather worked up.

The TC didn't credit a source for the Xbox Propaganda/Blogger, but it's in the link right above.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

I don't feel like going into detail but the Xbox One will not dominate 2014.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

No, i did not have similar topic. This topic is about why Xbox One could dominate. You stop crying already. You not the world. Really, get a life. You think your the only one who is right about everything? No, you are not.

You are spamming this forum with nonsense rants yet are telling me to get a life. Funny stuff. Your topic was locked because it included the same chart you posted again with no proof to back it up. Any one that follows console gaming know those numbers are not representative how Xbox 360 and PS3 exclusives really sell. You left off game like Little Big Planet ONE, God Of War III and Gran Turismo 5 for PS3 while ignoring games like Crackdown 2, Alan Wake, Gears Of War Flopment for 360. You have not credibility whatsoever. Not to mention Xbox hasn't had a Game Of The Year since around 2006.....

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Where are the exclusives ?

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

Lol nobody reads because Cows don't want to accept the truth.

Despite sales, Xbox won. The Xbox one is built for the future, its has so much to offer in 2014. PS4 has not much, it's just an updated PS3 and my PS3 still has life in it. Better features, Better games, and better hardware (yes that's right, don't be ignorant cows). The future is looking even better for Xbox one, maybe in 2015 Cows will realize that playing games in 1080p 60 fps AT LAUNCH isn't what constitutes a better console lol.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FreedomFreeLife

lazerface216 i bought Kinect and it did not come with game. in fact most did not come with game. so stop crying.

blackace yeah i know, DR3 sold over 1 million but i just diden´t update picture. i wanted to give a little chance to Sony fanboys(I own all platforms, i love PC most).

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@gamemediator said:

Despite sales, Xbox won. The Xbox one is built for the future, its has so much to offer in 2014. PS4 has not much, it's just an updated PS3 and my PS3 still has life in it. Better features, Better games, and better hardware (yes that's right, don't be ignorant cows). The future is looking even better for Xbox one, maybe in 2015 Cows will realize that playing games in 1080p 60 fps AT LAUNCH isn't what constitutes a better console lol.

PS4 has more exclusives in 2014 and the best console version of every multiplat. Sorry lemming, but Xflop does not have more to offer. PS4 has 100 games releasing this year compared to around 40 for Xflop. Yes a ton of those are also on PC, but between the two competitors PS4 wins in everything except TV.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@StrongBlackVine said:

@gamemediator said:

PS4 has more exclusives in 2014 and the best console version of every multiplat. Sorry lemming, but Xflop does not have more to offer.

PC got more exclusives, better and best versions of every multiplatform.

Xflop? funny but Xbox One makes profit on every console while Sony is losing money.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

You know... the Ouya could come from nowhere... Anything CAN happen... that doesn't mean it will.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Kinect games...

PFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ok, enjoy kinectimals and kinect sports LMAO I'll be busy playing something a little bit less "for the family" and something more like what I want to play by myself or with some buddies during free time :)

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

@roler42 said:

Kinect games...

PFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, ok, enjoy kinectimals and kinect sports LMAO I'll be busy playing something a little bit less "for the family" and something more like what I want to play by myself or with some buddies during free time :)

I'd like a console that I could play those games with the buddies and then the family ones with the family. I got that with Xbox 360 and now with Xbox One.

PS4 only covers one angle.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@FreedomFreeLife: Congrats to PC. Sure as Hell doesn't help the Xflop brand though.

PS4 made a profit last quarter. That is kind of hard to do being sold at a loss so it must have been a tiny loss offset by selling more games and taking Microsoft's Xbox Live user base. You keep digging yourself a deeper hole of ignorance.

You have lost every argument so far so now you want to play finances. Pathetic troll...

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

It's threads like these where I miss the old levels rule at GS.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I don't feel like going into detail but the Xbox One will not dominate 2014.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

The main reason the Xbox One will not dominate is the price...

And the core media features do not work well for everyone (outside US) unless you are not counting outside US that is.

And nobody is going to care about the Kinect until a game comes out for it that works as it should.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@gamemediator said:

PS4 has more exclusives in 2014 and the best console version of every multiplat. Sorry lemming, but Xflop does not have more to offer. PS4 has 100 games releasing this year compared to around 40 for Xflop. Yes a ton of those are also on PC, but between the two competitors PS4 wins in everything except TV.

Okay, well enjoy your indie games in 1080p. Ill enjoy Nintendo exclusives on my Wii U WAY more than anything on your PS4.. by the way most of those exclusives Ill get on my Ps3 if u want.

youre obviously an ignorant Cow by mentioning the TV and your SLIGHTLY SLIGHLTY SLIGHTLY better multiplats LOL AT LAUNCH! omg wake up please

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@blackace said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Dead Rising has sold over 1 million copies already. Ryse will probably sell that many before E3.

When Lemmings keep referring to a game that got 60 on metacritic (Ryse) you know it sucks.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#29 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

1. The premise

2. The Features – .

3. The Games

4. The Fans

Hardcore gamers and gamers in general will go more towards the PS4. Europe will not buy this thing, when PS4 is over 100 bucks cheaper, hell it's 200 bucks cheaper here according to the price we have been given for it. Also Live totally neglects Europe in all of it's aspects, i can prove it with the 360. Which i truly loved up until 2012.

The features are stuff that europeans won't get as i mentioned. It's only for NA. England and Germany are probably the only ones that can get something out of it. It won't make that much of a dent here, on the US part on the other hand it will do very well.

Sony has more exclusive content and games in development, so that's not going to be that big issue. The reason for MS exclusives are selling is because they put their money in only a few of them, while sony spreads it out to games like Last of Us, inFamous, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, etc.

I don't think there are that many fans of the X1 in europe, knowing what they tried to do with it and we know how MS treats us.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@gamemediator said:

Build for the future with Weaker Hardware?? Also cable is the future?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@gamemediator:

I don't think I the future consists of a big black 1980's looking box running all your media. The idea is about as future proof as Web TV. The only reason you guys ever bought and defend this crap is because its too hard to get the Generation Z kids to part ways with their gamerscore.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

I needed a good laugh.

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

I'm gonna make it simple... Everything the Xbone has to offer, I can get it everywhere else without paywalls and without major hassle, and the exclusives from the xbone... they really don't feel like they are worth blowing 500 bucks for it

Now if shovelware titles that barely work (90% of the kinect library) is your idea of "domination" for the xbone, then by all means, be my guest LOL

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

These posts are getting more and more desperate. Stuff like this just makes the xbone look worse than it really is.

I mean it's bad, but this amount of crying isn't needed.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@gamemediator: Wii U is garbage. I don't even consider it in comparisons. Also differences are not slight. The game look AND run better on PS4 and the system cost much less. There is no way to damage control this. Obviously the consumers would agree that Xflop doesn't not offer much in comparison to PS4. Hardcore lemmings have bought the thing and it's tanking!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@GamingGod999 said:

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

even if the game gets great all around reviews and even a few awards I still won't see it selling a lot copies and by that extend not too many will be buying Wii Us to play it, probably the best Nintendo will do promoting their system with a potentially high selling game is when Mario Kart comes out

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i would've read this if it wasn't from this retard

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StrongBlackVine

@lamprey263 said:

even if the game gets great all around reviews and even a few awards I still won't see it selling a lot copies and by that extend not too many will be buying Wii Us to play it, probably the best Nintendo will do promoting their system with a potentially high selling game is when Mario Kart comes out

Exactly. Halo was much bigger new IP phenomenon and it didn't do much for the OG Xbox as true exclusive.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Why the Xbox One could fail in 2014: No games, ugliest multiplats. The END.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

It wont tc, get past it. They ruined any chance of really competing in sales with the E3 fiasco. They will still move consoles this gen, but a good way behind ps4 as the gen stretches. Sony is, and has been since they joined the world wide leader in the industry. They made some bone head moves last gen, but learned it seems. The X1 will do well over the next 5-8 years, especially with price drops.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By I_can_haz

I'd like to ask the OP the source of his sale numbers. Is it vgchartz? Then LOLOLOLOL! Sony announced that Killzone ShadowFall has sold over 2.1 million copies already: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447361/killzone-shadow-fall-sales-pass-21-million/

making it the highest selling nextgen exclusive to date but you say it sold 1.36 million lol. I also how you're using GT6 to compare sales to Xbone even though it just launched in December. Why not use GT5 which has already sold over 12 million units eh? Biased stupid lem is biased. No wonder lems are the laughing stock of SW.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

To sum up that BS, Xboner will dominate 2014 cuz of the multiplat Titanfall and gamers want pay $100 more and get less hardware power for it...hmm ok kkthxbye

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#46 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Hahahaha just pissing myself at all the butthurt Sony drones that cant accept the facts that no-one buys their so called masterpieces.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

Hahahaha just pissing myself at all the butthurt Sony drones that cant accept the facts that no-one buys their so called masterpieces.

That's nothing new I'd imagine.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 I_can_haz

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mesomorphin said:

Same thing I was thinking.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Mods... plz...

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mesomorphin said:

Same thing I was thinking.

Hahaha yeah man, everytime I jump on youtube I always see something that sends me laughing, its pretty amusing!