Why the ps4 isn't stronger than the X1 (updated)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

@evildead6789 said:

The esram isn't the saving grace, but it surely is a helpfull tool. Texture tiling was mentioned from the beginning of this gen, Giving the gpu a 256 bit bus would already had solved the ddr3 problem, i already explained this to you several times. And don't tell me that increasing the bit bus would not do anything, it worked well enough for gtx 2xx series and those memory speeds are comparable to the x1 memory speeds. The memory bandwith is hardly the biggest problem for the x1 as well, it's shader core count. Shader core count that can't be utilized fully because of the cpu bottlenecking. Gpgpu can help, but it won't since current gen games will cry for more performance, so that bottleneck will always be there.

The esram, the increased bit bus and the higher cpu clock (within a cpu botlleneck) makes the x1 on par with the ps4. It's as simple as that. You can try to spin the numbers , the results are there , the tests are there, look at the benchmark, 3 percent difference in cpu clock speed translates in 3 percent performance when there's a cpu bottleneck, spinning the numbers won't help.

I think ubisoft is a great example, they didn't go for parity with watch dogs, but they did with unity? I don't think so. The said they had to go on 900p on the ps4 because of the cpu bottleneck, gta V shows a cpu bottleneck. The writing on the wall is crystal clear. A hd 7850 is too much for the ps4's cpu, end of story.

You do not understand the X1 already has 256bit bus for the DDR3 it is part of the issue but mainly its the memory itself that limits the thing. DDR3 2133 mhz even in quad channel maxes at around 50gb/s. So for them to get 256bit DDR3 2133 in X1 to be 68gb/s is good feat. Again you have no understanding why and how the GTX 295's GDDR3 runs at 223gb/s its because of its 448 bit bus, So I ask you how in the hell is 68=223?, if your adding or including the esram's rates dont because the vast majority of data the gpu looks at and uses is stored and accessed on the DDR3 not through the esram..... The X1 does not have enough spare gpu resources to allow alot of gpgpu functions. A prime example of this is with TombRaider:DE the X1 did not have enough gpu to handle the gpu based physics engine to provide a smooth and stable experience.

Your being so goofy, esram does not increase the whole memory bus, the system is bottlenecked and is affected by its ddr3, and then its 150mhz upclock lol, does not make the X1 on par with the PS4, your the one spinning numbers and making things up, and all the tests, and even released games, prove you wrong. It wouldn't matter if the x1 got a 10% boost from its 150mhz upclock it would not make up the 30%+ difference in gpu power and memory bottlenecks.

Its hilarious you using UBi games as proof, when they all have shotty coding. gta 5 also shows the X1 cpu and gpu cant handle the game during action..... Lowering resolutions actually forces you to notice cpu bottlenecks more, When you are running games at higher resolutions and assets, the gpu takes more time processing the data given by the cpu which lessons the cpu load (slowing down the rate gpu asks for the frame data). Then when you run lower resolutions and assets the gpu processed the data more quickly in turn causes the cpu to have to send more frame data to the gpu at a much faster pace. Its funny because Ubi stated parity with unity and then recanted but you still ignore the parity goals of games liek CoD AW, The Division, Arkham Knight, Evolve, and more.

Its no different from comparing a system with a FX 6300 with a 7850 vs a system with a FX 6350 with a 7790.... which would win in performance most of the time? I'll give you a hint the one with the stronger gpu.

you said and I quote

'Its no different from comparing a system with a FX 6300 with a 7850 vs a system with a FX 6350 with a 7790.... which would win in performance most of the time? I'll give you a hint the one with the stronger gpu.'

well that's excatly what i'm doing. The ps4 wins in performance most of the time, but that difference is only marginally better, and it doesn't win all the time. A far cry of the is '50 percent better in performance'. The xboxone is also cheaper, has a different controller, different exclusives, and frankly... better servers. I do have to add though that the comparison isn't really perfect, since a fx 6300 and fx 6350 are way stronger that what's in a x1 and ps4. A better comparison would be an i3 530 and i3 550 paired respectively with a hd 7850 and hd 7790.

I knew you would come through carraher , In the end I can always count on you.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152  Edited By deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@04dcarraher said:

@evildead6789 said:

Sure it means nothing, memory bandwith is calculated via multiplying the bit bus and the memory speed, your statement just proves you don't have clue what you're talking about. I already explained it to you, a gtx 295 has 50 percent more bandwith than the ps4's gpu, and it has ddr3. It's because of the 448 bit bus on the gtx 295. It doesn't matter if it's ddr3, or whatever bit bus, that's already calculated into that memory bandwith.

You also don't have a clue what esram is for, it's for texture tiling, this of course can't be measured in tflops since it's performance isn't measured like that because texture tiling is a trick to swap textures on the fly. Because of this it's comparable in performance as a hd 7790 where texture tiling isn't used. Experts all agree on this and with dx12 it could be this performance gain is higher, but I didn't even use that as an argument here.

Have you seen unity? the game looks gorgeous. The bugs are gone, the lag isn't but that is because i don't have a pc with two gtx 980's. It's a next gen game (or this gen game)

Sure, well let's see what game will be released in higher resolutions on the ps4 , with that bottleneck I can't see it happen. Parity is bs, every game is cpu bound with those weak cpu's. that cpu was never strong enough to feed that hd 7850 on the ps4. If you look at the pc counterparts it's crystal clear, this was bound to happen sooner or later. Cross gen games , the ps4 could still pull it off, but not with current gen games. Since the devs got those esram tools and they removed that kinect reservation on the gpu, games are on par. If you think the ps4 sucks less well maybe you should go to the rockstar forums and see how many people are complaining about the lag when driving in cities. The only reason is the cpu bottleneck. Some people even sellling their ps4 and buying a xboxone for it.

Here let me give you the link

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203823846-GTA-V-Frame-Rate-Stuttering-PS4

OMG this is like your claims with your i7 3820 and its pci lanes and memory.

God your being dumb DDR3 being used in X1 is not the same as GDDR3......, The GTX 295 has GDDR3 on a 448bit bus, with 223.8gb/s, the PS4's GDDR5 with 256bit bus is 176gb/s.... your math sucks its not even 50%,lol. Just to pour some more salt into the wound The 256bit DDR3 in the X1 moves a whopping 68gb/s yeah go back to your hole.

Again with the ESRAM is not solely for designed for texture tiling, nor does it calculate a damn thing to boost X1 processing power its memory......

Look what we have here...... its meant for tasks that require memory with better read/write abilities. You can not do tiled resources and all these jobs at the same time with only 32mb of memory being a buffer. They have to compromise something in to order to improve something else.

Unity does look good but the bugs are gone? lol is that a joke? they still have ways to go.

Also your in some major denial that the PS4 wont see games running at higher resolutions, also still denying parity? Ubi stated it for multiple games, CoD AW has, The division, Arkham Knight, Evolve any more proof you want to ignore?

About GTA 5 , PS4 its a streaming problem not totally with the cpu because X1 lags in other areas, for example

"Complex effects work, usually involving transparency effects (explosions etc) can also cause visible, sustained hitches in performance. Explosive missions with Trevor in Los Santos' outskirts show the biggest pitfall on Xbox One - with 24fps held at length during one shoot-out. Meanwhile, the PS4 has no issue with these segments, sparing one or two dropped frames just as alpha effects appear on-screen."

ok it's not 50 percent more, but that's not the point now is it, you're just mad because i put you in your place. Now you're just whining and bring up one argument where you weren't talking entirely out of your ass, but you lost the argument anyway, maybe you should start talking about the i7's and next gen games, because that's the only argument where you actually said something usefull.

The rest you're saying is bs as well. I never said esram was soley for texture tiling but it will increase performance the most, that doesn't mean you can't use it for other stuff but since dx12 expands on this feature, it will probably be used for that.

It's a fact the cpu bottlenecks on the ps4 , and bottlenecks determine framerates, end of story.

Come back when a game runs in higher resolution on the ps4, now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing

Dragon Age inquisition 1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1600 x 900 on X1 - Just released

Far Cry 4: 1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1440 x 1080 on X1 - Just Released

Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare:1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1360 x 1080 on X1 - Released just a bit ago

Middle Earth - Shadows of Mordor: 1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1600 x 900 X1 - Fall Time

Metro Redux: 1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1600 x 912p on X1 - Fall time

The Evil Within: 1080p (1920 x 768 with apect ratio) 900p (1600 x 640 with aspect ratio) on X1 - Fall Time

Sooo, are you just delusional or just can't read.

Bioware even gave Ubisoft some smackdown on the parity crap by playing to each systems strengths, DA:I has better Resolution and Tessellation compared to the x1 version.

Also something I have noticed that you keep saying that's irritating me. GTA V is not a "Driving Game" GTA V has cars in it in which you can drive and some missions rely on it, but it's not a racing game you dimwit. Second if a game involves driving around in vehicles it's referred to a "Racing Game". you make me imagine you as some Redneck Hillbilly every time you say driving game. And for the last time, so while in a car the X1 pulls ahead in FPS, but when AIMING A GUN MATTERS, the PS4 pulls ahead. Yeah, lets see, whats more important. On top of that GTA V has more foliage and has more to render. READ all of Digital Foundry's articles buddy, not just cling to the one statement you read and ignore the rest of it.

A 100mhz clock boost is not gonna help it by any stretch. They are the same CPU, when talking about game performance it's to insignificant to actually matter.

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

it funny how consolites are debating the console specs it like debating two shitty ricers

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By commander

@ryangcnx-2 said:

@evildead6789 said:

ok it's not 50 percent more, but that's not the point now is it, you're just mad because i put you in your place. Now you're just whining and bring up one argument where you weren't talking entirely out of your ass, but you lost the argument anyway, maybe you should start talking about the i7's and next gen games, because that's the only argument where you actually said something usefull.

The rest you're saying is bs as well. I never said esram was soley for texture tiling but it will increase performance the most, that doesn't mean you can't use it for other stuff but since dx12 expands on this feature, it will probably be used for that.

It's a fact the cpu bottlenecks on the ps4 , and bottlenecks determine framerates, end of story.

Come back when a game runs in higher resolution on the ps4, now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing

Dragon Age inquisition 1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1600 x 900 on X1 - Just released

Far Cry 4: 1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1440 x 1080 on X1 - Just Released

Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare:1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1360 x 1080 on X1 - Released just a bit ago

Middle Earth - Shadows of Mordor: 1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1600 x 900 X1 - Fall Time

Metro Redux: 1920 x 1080 on PS4, 1600 x 912p on X1 - Fall time

The Evil Within: 1080p (1920 x 768 with apect ratio) 900p (1600 x 640 with aspect ratio) on X1 - Fall Time

Sooo, are you just delusional or just can't read.

Bioware even gave Ubisoft some smackdown on the parity crap by playing to each systems strengths, DA:I has better Resolution and Tessellation compared to the x1 version.

Also something I have noticed that you keep saying that's irritating me. GTA V is not a "Driving Game" GTA V has cars in it in which you can drive and some missions rely on it, but it's not a racing game you dimwit. Second if a game involves driving around in vehicles it's referred to a "Racing Game". you make me imagine you as some Redneck Hillbilly every time you say driving game. And for the last time, so while in a car the X1 pulls ahead in FPS, but when AIMING A GUN MATTERS, the PS4 pulls ahead. Yeah, lets see, whats more important. On top of that GTA V has more foliage and has more to render. READ all of Digital Foundry's articles buddy, not just cling to the one statement you read and ignore the rest of it.

A 100mhz clock boost is not gonna help it by any stretch. They are the same CPU, when talking about game performance it's to insignificant to actually matter.

Yes and all those games run smoother on the xboxone. Who cares when it runs at higher resolution but at not at the same framerate. I prefer smoother framerates above higher resolution. Those framerates on the ps4 are simply gut wrenching, making people dizzy, which is normal when you go below 30 fps.

Oh bioware did have some comments on the competition, how strange, why can't they all be friends lol.

And grand theft auto is not about driving now, well you go laying in the grass , i go chase some criminals with my uber cop car

Besides digital foundry is clearly biased, they talk about a bit more foliage and fail to mention that people dip into the teeens while high speed driving lol

people are selling their ps4 's to have a smooth framerate lmao All because sony made a hollow promise again. IT MUST RUN AT 1080p

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Gue1 said:

I made a very similar thread last year and pretty much everyone said that Sony and MS through their R&D came to the same conclusion. This is something that I seriously doubt because the PS3 and X360 were very similar too... But in this case it was because MS used Sony's R&D to make the X360. That's why both the PS3 and X360 have the same PPU running at the frequency with the only difference being the SPU's vs general purpose cores. But it's not just the CPU's but the amount of ram too and many other components. MS were so desperate to get ahead of Sony they even launched a well known broken console without wi-fi or HDMI.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2009/jan/01/sony-xbox-ibm

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/692134/sonys-rd-money-for-cell-helped-create-the-xbox-360-cpu/

And I'm pretty sure the PS4 and Xbone are very similar due to the same reason. MS spied on Sony and decided to follow suit. They aren't a HW company after all.

. 'But in this case it was because MS used Sony's R&D to make the X360.'

Had nothing to do with it, apart from the CPU the 360 did everything else better (apart from reliability)

The GPU was ahead of it's time DX10 capable and the first GPU which used unified shader architecture not to mention it had many other features the RSX was lacking and had to task to the CELL.

More usable RAM, the 360 only had an OS including reserve of 32MB vs 50MB in the Ps3, which gave developers 18 extra Megabytes of RAM to work with.

Unified RAM- i don't even need to go into the reasons why

EDram=Although the EDram in the 360 was only 10MB it has a Massive 256GB/sec system bandwidth.

The PS3 would have pissed all over the 360 if they had put a decent GPU in it and not a gimped, obsolete Nvidia 7900, the 360 was only able to get close because the CELL spent most of it's power (roughly 4 SPe's) doing work for the GPU, things as simple as texture culling which the RSX could not do

'MS spied on Sony' and decided to follow suit. They aren't a HW company after all.'

oh my god, someone give this dude a Tin hat.

And the original Xbox was one of the most solidly built consoles and easily the most powerful console of it's generation and did many things first, First 720p console, first Console to have a HDD as standard, First console to use Off the shelf Dev friendly Architecture.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#156 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

uh hey lol seriously?

On PC, some games are becoming more CPU intensive

Consoles are still GPU intensive

Move along people....

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By delta3074
@evildead6789 said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

i haven't been keeping up with the play. in terms of recently released multiplats - does the PS4 still win every time?

not trying to rustle any jimmies, but as far as I recall PS4 is a very safe bet to have the superior multiplats.

now at the same time, to quote shakespeare 'It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning', and from what I've seen - PS4 has routinely demonstrated superior graphics to XB1.

so, i guess where i'm going with this is this: even if your premise is true (thanks for the clarification btw), would that matter if the result was still superior multiplats for PS4?

i guess this might be a case of the tail wagging the dog.

Well not really since in gta V, you can have high speed chases without having fps drops, so in some cases the xboxone actually performs better. Games that will be cpu hogs will tend to run better on the x1 even if sony has a lot of tricks to let the gpu do cpu work, it will be a bottleneck forever, since gpu's aren't made to cpu work. If they actually manage to bridge that gap with the x1 in the cpu departement with the gpu, they will have less resources than the x1 for graphics. Don't forget it's a 7770 in there with a 256 bit bus connected straight to that esram. Because of that experts say the performance of the gpu in x1 is comparable to a hd 7790, and that is true. The difference between the hd 7790 and hd 7850 (ps4) is not that big.

The memory bandwith is not usefull as well, since the memory bandwith could only have an advantage for communication with the cpu, since it's bottlenecking, that doesn't help. You could say that it's usefull for the gpu, but that hd 7850 just needs that kind of bandwith, the x1 gpu doesn't since it has less shader cores and that esram isn't calculated within the main bandwith, so that gives a warped image.

The x1 is also 50$ cheaper and as a multimedia system the xboxone is better because it's way better at multitasking. Personally i prefer the x1 controller as well (but that's just a matter of taste) What i'm saying is, buying a ps4 for performance is ridiculous, since there's hardly any difference. It will not give you the better multiplat experience (or it is with lauch games). Some games may be marginally better, but some games will be marginally better on the x1 as well.

Sony is not very good at maximimizing performance on a console, the ps3 is a great example of it. Maybe sony will manage to do something extra late in this gen like with the last of us on the ps3, but the difference between the ps3 and x360 was way bigger than the difference between the ps4 and x1, so it's kinda hard to know what to expect, when to expect it and you'll be paying extra. At launch the ps4 was of course a way better deal if you didn't want a kinect but that time is long gone. You pay 350$ for a xboxone right now and they have some nice bundles.

Controller, exclusives, price and features is what should be your guidance for making a decision,

Lol, that was a whole lot of not knowing what the hell you're talking about. I especially got a kick out of this gem: "but the difference between the ps3 and x360 was way bigger than the difference between the ps4 and x1". The gap is not as big as PS2 vs Xbox but it absolutely is bigger than X360 vs PS3. PS3 had a craptacular GPU and much of the time Cell's power was more theoretical than real. And how many times do you have to be told that PS4 can get a big compute boost from its GPGPU capabilities?

CAN GPGPU, that remains to be seen if that will make the ps4 more performant than the xboxone, the cpu bottleneck will always be there, and the xboxone will always have an advantage there.

If the ps3's performance was purely theoretical, why did scientist buy it to build supercomputers. The animation in the last of us is a showcase of what the ps3 can do, the x360 could never pull that off, you will never see such a difference on the xboxone and ps4, because cpu and gpu are simply not that far apart.

you need to differentiate between heavy compute and gaming, People used it to build super computer clusters because of the cells ability to number crunch, not for displaying graphics, bottom line is that a General purpose CPU is better for games than the CELL was unless you optimise the code

'For the most part, the areas that UE3 uses the Cell’s SPEs for are fairly believable. For example, sound processing makes a lot of sense for the SPEs given their rather specialized architecture aimed at streaming tasks. But the one curious item is the focus on using SPEs to accelerate physics calculations, especially given how branch heavy physics calculations generally are.'

'how branch heavy physics calculations generally are.'

'Unfortunately, the SPEs have no branch prediction, so BSP tree traversal will tie up an SPE for quite a bit of time while not performing very well as each branch condition has to be evaluated before execution can continue. However it is possible to structure collision detection for execution on the SPEs, but it would require a different approach to the collision detection algorithms than what would be normally implemented on a PC or Xbox 360.'

'SPEs have no branch prediction'

So , in essence, the CELL was lacking what was need to do Physics calculations as far as gaming is concerned and a workaround was needed.

'if properly structured and coded for SPE acceleration, physics code could very well run faster on the PlayStation 3 than on the Xbox 360 thanks to the more specialized nature of the SPE hardware. Not to mention that physics acceleration is particularly parallelizable, making it a perfect match for an array of 7 SPEs.'

And thats the Crux of my argument, The CELL can only be better for gaming than the Xenos with the right kind of Coding, You have to 'Turn on' what the CPU in the 360 had out of the box

Do, please read the whole article though, it's an interesting read about the UE3 engine

http://www.anandtech.com/show/1719/4

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Lol, that Ubisoft benchmark. All that theoretical power in the PS4, so overrated.

You haven't been paying attention to developers then? They develop games that are built with two codes. One when you are online and have a decent connection, and one when you aren't. That is the solution. Xbox One > PS4. In games, media, updates, controller, everything. Have fun watching the PS4 catch dust.

Actually know it show that if compute is use the PS4 walk over the xbox one..

NO have you play Titanfall offlline.? Oh it does not work.

There are not 2 codes idiot from where the fu** the xbox one will pull resources to use when the cloud is not there.

The point of using the cloud is to offload CPU time to the cloud so you can use that CPU time on other things,if you build a game to use the cloud the extra resources are put to use else where,if the cloud fail the game fail because you can't take the resources back from the CPU because they are tied up in other processes any game which uses the cloud for compute will fail offline.

The PS4 has more games,higher rated one to you sad biased lemming,the controller is totally a taste thing and the DS has been the standard since 1997 more so than any controller period,so i don't think people will buy an xbox one just for a controller.

The only system that catch dust is that over size VHS you call a console..lol

@evildead6789 said:

How is my benchmark useless, I know the gtx 780 is way stronger than what's in a ps4 and xboxone, but the cpu's i compared are way stronger that what's in a ps4 and xboxone as well. Had I found benchmarks with similar cpu and gpu as the xboxone/ps4 then I would have done it. No one is pairing such unbalanced parts since every pc experts knows it will botlleneck. Not to mention it's hard to find someone that's willing to test this cpu's as gaming cpu's , since they are so weak , no one will be reading the benchmarks, because no one will buy them for gaming.

Cu are not cpu's , they can do parallell processing, they can't do pure cpu work. From wiki 'GPUs can only process independent vertices and fragments, but can process many of them in parallel. This is especially effective when the programmer wants to process many vertices or fragments in the same way. In this sense, GPUs are stream processors – processors that can operate in parallel by running one kernel on many records in a stream at once.'

So you can twist and turn all you want, that cpu on the ps4 will keep on bottlenecking,

As for gta V, i know the x1 has framerate drops where the ps4 doesn't. but that is not the point here now is it. Gta is still a driving game in it's core, but it's also about third person shooting. Both systems struggle, but a lot of people prefer to have the higher fps when driving at high speed. Anyway you put it, each system has it's adavantages and disadavantages, but you couldn's say the ps4 isn't a stronger system since driving at high speed is a lagfest.

Simple because the GPU in question does require a good CPU because it is more powerful can draw more things and once than the PS4 and xbox one GPU.

As simple as that.

That without mentioning that Console have always enjoy better draw calls than PC,it is now that PC it catching up,so yeah i don't think it will be an issues specially when games like Watchdogs still perform better on PS4 with a resolution boost.

The only leg you have to stand in is AC unity which the developer it self stated to hold back on PS4 period there is no work around that one or damage control that can fix it.

Loading Video...

Just a small test on how a GPU give a CPU a run for its money in certain task.

Loading Video...

In a dumbed down version so you can get it..

Hahaha GTA is a shooting game as its core,no wait is a walking game at its core no is a flying game at its core..

Face it the xbox one has drops into the 24 FPS in shoot outs lol that CPU advantage i guess the xbox one CPU can't handle so much bullets and explosions...

Really i prefer to have high FPS while shooting odd ins't.? Give up sad troll you loss.

@evildead6789 said:

Of course the 7790 and 7770 don't need a 256 bit bus, they use gddr5. The xboxone uses ddr3 , that's why the whole ddr3 thing is exagerrated., you can increase the bandwith by increasing the bit bus. Besides the effective clock of the xbox1 is similar to the gtx 2xx series which were using ddr3 as well. The bandwith on the gtx 295 is way higher than the ps4's gpu, with ddr3 , so that won't fly either.

Shadow of mordor started development before the esram tools and konami has another agenda. You keep on bringing up pes but it's kinda weird that assassins creed unity is in the same resolution and can't make use of the ps4's extra power, but a soccer game can, lmao. And FYI, increasing the gpu power will ask for more cpu power , anyone with a bit of pc hardware knowledge knows that lol, that's where the whole bottleneck scenario comes from in the first place.

Here's the deal with pes. Fifa has so much success because of ultimate team that it involves more money than any game releasing today. Because of that everyone's forgotten about pes. Ea sports even gives exclusive players to the xboxone. Konami is using this 720p/1080p trick so they can tap into the frustated ps4 owners that play fifa ultimate team. It's basically a cry for survival lol.

If someone tells me they are an engineer, i'm entitled to say that i'm one too, if that's the case, I never used this as an argument. I only mentioned it because he mentioned it.

And you're repeating yourself, you can't find benchmarks with a hd 7850 comparing weak cpu's. In this case it's with a gtx 780 but much stronger cpu's than the ps4 are bottlenecking as well, so this benchmarks shows how a bottleneck works and you don't have to be a genius to see that.

Besides anyone that knows a bit of pc hardware knows that pairing a hd 7850 with something like the ps4's cpu will bottleneck, end of story.

GDDR5 works in 256 busses and beyond dude,in fact the 7770 has 72GB's barely faster than DDR3 on xbox one.

No DDR3 on xbox one has 68GB/s and can't increase pass that,the 256 bit buss is for ESRAM and the GPU basically.

No dude Shadow of Mordor use the latest xbox one tools the game is GPU bound like most games,and since it is GPU bound the xbox one fall behind period even at 900p it has less foliage than the 1080p PS4 version,SOM is not a early 2014 game dude.

Konami doesn't have any agenda the xbox one sucks in deferred rendered games that is all.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/10/ubisoft_locks_assassins_creed_unitys_ps4_resolution_to_avoid_debates

This ^^ is the reason why the PS4 version is 900p the rest is speculation on your part just like Konami so call agenda..hahahaha

The xbox one still has on 2014 720p game... If it was an Agenda MS has a quality control where they can stop your game if they feel like it,the game is 720p because the xbox one is to shitty to hold resolution over 720p on the fox engine while the PS4 can..lol

No what you drawn on scree it what will request more CPU time,and you can't lower CPU usage by lowering resolution which is a task of the GPU entirely...

That is funny because even a freaking A10 apu which is total shit will not bottle neck a R290X even an FX4100 will not yet you expect a 7850 to bottle neck with a 6 core jaguar which is more efficient on the PS4 than on PC.

You are a joke...

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

PS4's RAM > X1's

PS4's GPU > X1's

PS4's CPU = X1's CPU

You enjoy your X1. It's OK if it doesn't have as high of hardware as PS4

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By tormentos

@evildead6789 said:

you said and I quote

'Its no different from comparing a system with a FX 6300 with a 7850 vs a system with a FX 6350 with a 7790.... which would win in performance most of the time? I'll give you a hint the one with the stronger gpu.'

well that's excatly what i'm doing. The ps4 wins in performance most of the time, but that difference is only marginally better, and it doesn't win all the time. A far cry of the is '50 percent better in performance'. The xboxone is also cheaper, has a different controller, different exclusives, and frankly... better servers.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

So you change the argument to the xbox one is cheaper...hahahaaaaaaaaaa

So in January when the xbox one returns to $399 and the deals end what will the argument be.?

@delta3074 said:

@Gue1 said:

I made a very similar thread last year and pretty much everyone said that Sony and MS through their R&D came to the same conclusion. This is something that I seriously doubt because the PS3 and X360 were very similar too... But in this case it was because MS used Sony's R&D to make the X360. That's why both the PS3 and X360 have the same PPU running at the frequency with the only difference being the SPU's vs general purpose cores. But it's not just the CPU's but the amount of ram too and many other components. MS were so desperate to get ahead of Sony they even launched a well known broken console without wi-fi or HDMI.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/692134/sonys-rd-money-for-cell-helped-create-the-xbox-360-cpu/

And I'm pretty sure the PS4 and Xbone are very similar due to the same reason. MS spied on Sony and decided to follow suit. They aren't a HW company after all.

Had nothing to do with it, apart from the CPU the 360 did everything else better (apart from reliability)

The GPU was ahead of it's time DX10 capable and the first GPU which used unified shader architecture not to mention it had many other features the RSX was lacking and had to task to the CELL.

More usable RAM, the 360 only had an OS including reserve of 32MB vs 50MB in the Ps3, which gave developers 18 extra Megabytes of RAM to work with.

EDram=Although the EDram in the 360 was only 10MB it has a Massive 256GB/sec system bandwidth.

The PS3 would have pissed all over the 360 if they had put a decent GPU in it and not a gimped, obsolete Nvidia 7900, the 360 was only able to get close because the CELL spent most of it's power (roughly 4 SPe's) doing work for the GPU, things as simple as texture culling which the RSX could not do

'MS spied on Sony' and decided to follow suit. They aren't a HW company after all.'

And the original Xbox was one of the most solidly built consoles and easily the most powerful console of it's generation and did many things first, First 720p console, first Console to have a HDD as standard, First console to use Off the shelf Dev friendly Architecture.

No it wasn't DX10 never worked on xbox 360,it lacked hardware to be compatible.

Some things which didn't require hardware or some tricks but DX10 no.

The xbox came almost 2 years after the PS2 is not like MS was there when sony launch MS arrived much latter with stronger hardware which was expected.

What really helped the xbox 360 was the ease of use more than EDRAM,18 MB of ram more or branch prediction which the xbox 360 also sucked at most CPU did at that time,on Forza 4 the xbox 360 used 2 cores for sound when on PS3 even higher quality sound at 7.1 loss less would take 1 SPE that powerful cell was..

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#161 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Oh look. An industry wide accepted fact has just been debunked by a Gamespot forum member. Hmph. Look at that.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#162 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Wasdie should change his name to The Lemming Destroyer.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#163 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

since Uncharted 4 gameplay was revealed, Lems are panicking everywhere

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@tormentos said:

Loading Video...

Lol that's awesome

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

Like I said come back to me when any GPU doing SLI inside one GPU this is a NEW DESIGN NOT A 7700 HD more like TWO of them. The true power is not even used. They basically have been using half of the GPU

1 command processor

1 graphic processor

1 Geometry Primitive Engine

6 CU

2 Rendering Backend

EACH PROCESSOR CAN BE USED INDEPENDENTLY

THE FIRST OF ITS KIND TO HAVE TWO GRAPHIC CONTEXT DUAL GPU DESIGN

This what games have been using since the launch. Dx12 will be a whole new game when this hardware is public AMD/NVIDIA new GPU. JUST THINK one part of the GPU for the sky and buildings and the other part of the GPU Goes to the rest of the game is going to be truly something to behold.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By commander

@tormentos said:

@evildead6789 said:

How is my benchmark useless, I know the gtx 780 is way stronger than what's in a ps4 and xboxone, but the cpu's i compared are way stronger that what's in a ps4 and xboxone as well. Had I found benchmarks with similar cpu and gpu as the xboxone/ps4 then I would have done it. No one is pairing such unbalanced parts since every pc experts knows it will botlleneck. Not to mention it's hard to find someone that's willing to test this cpu's as gaming cpu's , since they are so weak , no one will be reading the benchmarks, because no one will buy them for gaming.

Cu are not cpu's , they can do parallell processing, they can't do pure cpu work. From wiki 'GPUs can only process independent vertices and fragments, but can process many of them in parallel. This is especially effective when the programmer wants to process many vertices or fragments in the same way. In this sense, GPUs are stream processors – processors that can operate in parallel by running one kernel on many records in a stream at once.'

So you can twist and turn all you want, that cpu on the ps4 will keep on bottlenecking,

As for gta V, i know the x1 has framerate drops where the ps4 doesn't. but that is not the point here now is it. Gta is still a driving game in it's core, but it's also about third person shooting. Both systems struggle, but a lot of people prefer to have the higher fps when driving at high speed. Anyway you put it, each system has it's adavantages and disadavantages, but you couldn's say the ps4 isn't a stronger system since driving at high speed is a lagfest.

Simple because the GPU in question does require a good CPU because it is more powerful can draw more things and once than the PS4 and xbox one GPU.

As simple as that.

That without mentioning that Console have always enjoy better draw calls than PC,it is now that PC it catching up,so yeah i don't think it will be an issues specially when games like Watchdogs still perform better on PS4 with a resolution boost.

The only leg you have to stand in is AC unity which the developer it self stated to hold back on PS4 period there is no work around that one or damage control that can fix it.

Just a small test on how a GPU give a CPU a run for its money in certain task.

In a dumbed down version so you can get it..

Hahaha GTA is a shooting game as its core,no wait is a walking game at its core no is a flying game at its core..

Face it the xbox one has drops into the 24 FPS in shoot outs lol that CPU advantage i guess the xbox one CPU can't handle so much bullets and explosions...

Really i prefer to have high FPS while shooting odd ins't.? Give up sad troll you loss.

GDDR5 works in 256 busses and beyond dude,in fact the 7770 has 72GB's barely faster than DDR3 on xbox one.

No DDR3 on xbox one has 68GB/s and can't increase pass that,the 256 bit buss is for ESRAM and the GPU basically.

No dude Shadow of Mordor use the latest xbox one tools the game is GPU bound like most games,and since it is GPU bound the xbox one fall behind period even at 900p it has less foliage than the 1080p PS4 version,SOM is not a early 2014 game dude.

Konami doesn't have any agenda the xbox one sucks in deferred rendered games that is all.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/10/ubisoft_locks_assassins_creed_unitys_ps4_resolution_to_avoid_debates

This ^^ is the reason why the PS4 version is 900p the rest is speculation on your part just like Konami so call agenda..hahahaha

The xbox one still has on 2014 720p game... If it was an Agenda MS has a quality control where they can stop your game if they feel like it,the game is 720p because the xbox one is to shitty to hold resolution over 720p on the fox engine while the PS4 can..lol

No what you drawn on scree it what will request more CPU time,and you can't lower CPU usage by lowering resolution which is a task of the GPU entirely...

That is funny because even a freaking A10 apu which is total shit will not bottle neck a R290X even an FX4100 will not yet you expect a 7850 to bottle neck with a 6 core jaguar which is more efficient on the PS4 than on PC.

You are a joke...

You said 'Simple because the GPU in question does require a good CPU because it is more powerful can draw more things and once than the PS4 and xbox one GPU. '

Is that even a sentence? A gpu is better at certain tasks but certain tasks can't be done by a gpu, because it doesn't have single core. The video you showed is something for shool kids and physx is indeed better on a gpu, but not on amd chips apparenlty lol

the shooting sequence where the xboxone get's 24 fps is one sequence, driving in gta at a slow framerate happens all the time on the ps4.

Development for shadow of mordor started a long time ago... Sure , a soccer game can't be done in 1080p lmao, maybe you should ask how many pes games got sold? and maybe you should look up the multi billion dollar business that fifa ultimate team is, the game has its own market, I can sell my ingame money easily for real money and I have players that are worth more than your monthly pay.

Your ramblings about ddr3 don't make any sense whatsoever, simply because you don't know what memory bandwith means, how it is calculated and what it actually does.

You're the laughing stock of this forum because you're a blind fanboy and everything you say is either a lie or some fantasy. That benchmark is bs as well since it's on high setting not on ultra. So of course there's no bottleneck lol.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 commander

@clr84651 said:

PS4's RAM > X1's

PS4's GPU > X1's

PS4's CPU = X1's CPU

i think you have to back to elementary shool

where 1.75 x 8 isn't the same as 1.6 x 8

hatecalledlove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168  Edited By hatecalledlove
Member since 2004 • 1383 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

@clr84651 said:

PS4's RAM > X1's

PS4's GPU > X1's

PS4's CPU = X1's CPU

Except the PS4 has an extra CPU with 256mb of Sdram on it for background operations. It's also got an extra 2gb of DDR3 RAM.

Basically, it's not as cookie cutter as your trying to make it seem.

Ton's of questions that factor into the console's performance, such as system allocated RAM and CPU cores, extra resources built into the chip sets. Other background operations and what resources are allocated to those features.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

LMAO @evildead6789

I guess the PS4 sales have gotten the best of you.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@hatecalledlove said:

@evildead6789 said:

@clr84651 said:

PS4's RAM > X1's

PS4's GPU > X1's

PS4's CPU = X1's CPU

Except the PS4 has an extra CPU with 256mb of Sdram on it for background operations. It's also got an extra 2gb of DDR3 RAM.

Basically, it's not as cookie cutter as your trying to make it seem.

Ton's of questions that factor into the console's performance, such as system allocated RAM and CPU cores, extra resources built into the chip sets. Other background operations and what resources are allocated to those features.

Games are also optimized for one set of hardware instead of the billion of other options PC builds can be

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

@Tighaman:

Lol you are talking out your ass now

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#173  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@tormentos said:

Actually know it show that if compute is use the PS4 walk over the xbox one..

NO have you play Titanfall offlline.? Oh it does not work.

There are not 2 codes idiot from where the fu** the xbox one will pull resources to use when the cloud is not there.

I stopped reading after "there are not 2 codes..."

At the moment indeed there are not, I mean there aren't games that are using this technology. It's pretty simple, you've got 2 codes, one when you are connected to the internet, the other when you aren't. So if you are connected you get better graphics, when you aren't, they reduce it. Not that hard...

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@evildead6789 said:

you said and I quote

well that's excatly what i'm doing. The ps4 wins in performance most of the time, but that difference is only marginally better, and it doesn't win all the time. A far cry of the is '50 percent better in performance'. The xboxone is also cheaper, has a different controller, different exclusives, and frankly... better servers.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

So you change the argument to the xbox one is cheaper...hahahaaaaaaaaaa

So in January when the xbox one returns to $399 and the deals end what will the argument be.?

@delta3074 said:

@Gue1 said:

No it wasn't DX10 never worked on xbox 360,it lacked hardware to be compatible.

Some things which didn't require hardware or some tricks but DX10 no.

The xbox came almost 2 years after the PS2 is not like MS was there when sony launch MS arrived much latter with stronger hardware which was expected.

What really helped the xbox 360 was the ease of use more than EDRAM,18 MB of ram more or branch prediction which the xbox 360 also sucked at most CPU did at that time,on Forza 4 the xbox 360 used 2 cores for sound when on PS3 even higher quality sound at 7.1 loss less would take 1 SPE that powerful cell was..

Firstly, the Xenos is capable of running certain Dx10 subroutines, EPIC used some DX10 subroutines in gears 2

'with capabilities that don't fall within any corresponding API specification. Whilst ostensibly Xenos has been hailed as a Shader Model 3.0 part, its capabilities don't fall directly inline with it and exceed it in some areas giving this more than a whiff of WGF2.0 (Windows Graphics Foundation 2.0 - the new name for DirectX Next / DirectX 10) about it.'

WGF2.0=DX10

http://www.beyond3d.com/content/articles/4/11

You know the xenos is a DX10 prototype GPU right, as stated by ATI themselves it could be Dx10 with an update to the 360's API.

I get what you are saying because it's not a dedicated Dx10 GPU it's halfway between Dx9 and Dx10 thanks to memexport and USA.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By tormentos

@Tighaman said:

Like I said come back to me when any GPU doing SLI inside one GPU this is a NEW DESIGN NOT A 7700 HD more like TWO of them. The true power is not even used. They basically have been using half of the GPU

1 command processor

1 graphic processor

1 Geometry Primitive Engine

6 CU

2 Rendering Backend

EACH PROCESSOR CAN BE USED INDEPENDENTLY

THE FIRST OF ITS KIND TO HAVE TWO GRAPHIC CONTEXT DUAL GPU DESIGN

This what games have been using since the launch. Dx12 will be a whole new game when this hardware is public AMD/NVIDIA new GPU. JUST THINK one part of the GPU for the sky and buildings and the other part of the GPU Goes to the rest of the game is going to be truly something to behold.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

I can't wait for DX12 to arrive and to see how nothing happen and the xbox one continues to be inferior just to laugh at you and Blackace..hahahaha

There is nothing secret about the xbox one is a cheap ass 7770.

@evildead6789 said:

You said 'Simple because the GPU in question does require a good CPU because it is more powerful can draw more things and once than the PS4 and xbox one GPU. '

Is that even a sentence? A gpu is better at certain tasks but certain tasks can't be done by a gpu, because it doesn't have single core. The video you showed is something for shool kids and physx is indeed better on a gpu, but not on amd chips apparenlty lol

the shooting sequence where the xboxone get's 24 fps is one sequence, driving in gta at a slow framerate happens all the time on the ps4.

Development for shadow of mordor started a long time ago... Sure , a soccer game can't be done in 1080p lmao, maybe you should ask how many pes games got sold? and maybe you should look up the multi billion dollar business that fifa ultimate team is, the game has its own market, I can sell my ingame money easily for real money and I have players that are worth more than your monthly pay.

Your ramblings about ddr3 don't make any sense whatsoever, simply because you don't know what memory bandwith means, how it is calculated and what it actually does.

You're the laughing stock of this forum because you're a blind fanboy and everything you say is either a lie or some fantasy. That benchmark is bs as well since it's on high setting not on ultra. So of course there's no bottleneck lol.

Yes it is you freaking moron.

The GPU inside the 780GTX can render more things at once at higher resolution and faster frames than the XBO or PS4 GPU reason why it does require a stronger CPU.

Again i already posted a benchmark of the same game you used as example and even a damn A10 apu will not bottle neck a R290X which is way way way wayyyyyyy abode the PS4 GPU,so no the jaguar is not the problem and the only game you have to account for that the developer screwed it confirmed by them.

Even COD AW online is 1080p 60FPS basically lock on PS4 on xbox one is not 1360x1080p...lol

Oh really.? Maybe that is the case for PC but on consoles i don't think so since on consoles the PS4 can use Nvidia Physx oh you didn't know that.?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/nvidia-announces-physx-support-for-playstation-4

On AMD GPU they don't run on PC yet on the PS4 it does,dude it is just a set of algorithms nothing more nothing less,Physx also ran on PS3 last gen but they didn't run on the RSX they ran on Cell..lol

So basically you have no argument.

No the slow frames happen in some parts not always go invent shit in other place sad lemming,the PS4 has more foliage and during shooting which is the true bread and butter of GTA the xbox one fails hard.

That Pes 720p..hahahaa Bu bu but the CPU is faster..hahahaa

Monolith used Kinect resources to improve Xbox One Shadow of Mordor frame rate

But rumours suggest it still performs worse than the PS4 version.

Monolith used the additional resources freed up by Kinect to help improve the frame rate of the Xbox One version of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, the developer has revealed.

Discussing the boost with IGN, lead designer Bob Roberts explained that the extra 10 per cent powerunlocked earlier in the year helped Monolith boost the game's frame rate on Xbox One, an issue the site says "could have been a controversial pitfall for the game".

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/middleearth_shadow_of_mordor/news/monolith_used_kinect_resources_to_improve_xbox_one_shadow_of_mordor_frame_rate.html

OWNED...

Yeah that football games in particular can't just like MGS5 can't either because both games use an engine that used deferred lighting and several other effects which in combination are TO MUCH FOR THE SMALL ASS 32MB OF ESRAM.

The buffer is to small if the xbox one had GDDR5 we would not be discussing this now.

How many copies pes sold is irrelevant this is a performance thread you make claiming the xbox one has superior CPU,yet it trails the PS4 in almost all games,what matter here is not how many copies PES sold but that it is 720p on xbox one..lol

DDR3 on xbox one has 68GB/s thats the peak,ESRAM is for the GPU alone and part of that 68GB/s is also for the GPU,the xbox one can't go higher than 68GB/s on its main ram pull period,ESRAM can but is to small for many task.

Yeah it sure is a lie reason why i posted link backing up what i say and you didn't...hahahaha

@magicalclick said:

I am not sure the whole thing, but, I am quite impressed with FH2. I don't think the same thing can be achieved without the new Forward+ rendering. What I see is a new way to accomplish things. And XboxOne works well with the new techniques. Although it will takes longer time for devs slowly switch yo the new rendering techniques though.

FH2 look like garbage alone side Drive Club you may argue that DC sucks but graphics wise it chew and spit FH2,forward rendering and Deferred rendering both have its pro and cons,the xbox one doesn't work well with Deferred ones because in combination with some effects it spill over the xbox one 32MB ESRAM limit which mean something nee to be sacrifice most of the time is resolution.

Forward rendering works better on xbox one but also work great on PS4,so we have a situation where the xbox one work well with 1 of the 2 the PS4 work well with all of them,problem is deferred rendering is what is most use this days over forward rendering.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

At the moment indeed there are not, I mean there aren't games that are using this technology. It's pretty simple, you've got 2 codes, one when you are connected to the internet, the other when you aren't. So if you are connected you get better graphics, when you aren't, they reduce it. Not that hard...

I stopped reading there..

No you can't have 2 codes idiot without screwing the game.

MS use the cloud to offload AI the resources that use to be used on CPU for AI,are use for Physics lets say,if the online connection fails and the second so call Code try to run the game something will fail,why because if the second code tell the CPU that its need the resources for AI back because the cloud isn't there,that mean the physics will lose the CPU the cloud free for it,so the physics will fail,or scenario 2 were the code doesn't ask for resources to be back but the AI fails.

The point of using the cloud is to offload process, so you can use free CPU time you have now in other process,much like Cell offloaded process from the GPU on PS3 and the extra GPU saved was use in other parts in need.

@delta3074 said:

Firstly, the Xenos is capable of running certain Dx10 subroutines, EPIC used some DX10 subroutines in gears 2

'with capabilities that don't fall within any corresponding API specification. Whilst ostensibly Xenos has been hailed as a Shader Model 3.0 part, its capabilities don't fall directly inline with it and exceed it in some areas giving this more than a whiff of WGF2.0 (Windows Graphics Foundation 2.0 - the new name for DirectX Next / DirectX 10) about it.'

WGF2.0=DX10

http://www.beyond3d.com/content/articles/4/11

You know the xenos is a DX10 prototype GPU right, as stated by ATI themselves it could be Dx10 with an update to the 360's API.

I get what you are saying because it's not a dedicated Dx10 GPU it's halfway between Dx9 and Dx10 thanks to memexport and USA.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/24/xbox-360-cant-run-directx-10-confirms-ati/

Yes it ran some feature no it could not run DX10 from ATI own mouth.

Much like it is the case with the XBO and DX12 some features are already there,some will never be because they require new hardware which GCN lack.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

People need to get over this, it's like 360 > PS3, sure the X1's architecture is highly engineered and more sophisticated offering more balance and strength overall but the PS4 will do okay this gen. :P

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@blamix99 said:

Yeah that downgrade and ND failing to meet 60 fps has me running to the hills.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Yes you can... You are not a programmer, and you know shit about it. Here is an actual developer:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2d0ht6/some_cloud_information_from_a_game_dev_on_neogaf/

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2d92y8/kampfheld_the_devverified_by_ng_mods_working_on_a/

The point of cloud is to free the CPU of tasks, so it can use those resources for other stuff. But you can easily program a game in a way that it does use resources differently if the XBox One is connected to the internet. Just look at what the developer is saying, learn, and be silent when the adults are talking.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Tighaman

@tormentos:

You see the diagram.....You seen that John Sells the maker or the console said THE ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND AT THE MOMENT....no 7790 over there don't worry though we will see I that the xbox has been using HALF OF THE GPU to the whole GPU of the ps4 lol

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#181  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Yes you can... You are not a programmer, and you know shit about it. Here is an actual developer:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2d0ht6/some_cloud_information_from_a_game_dev_on_neogaf/

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2d92y8/kampfheld_the_devverified_by_ng_mods_working_on_a/

The point of cloud is to free the CPU of tasks, so it can use those resources for other stuff. But you can easily program a game in a way that it does use resources differently if the XBox One is connected to the internet. Just look at what the developer is saying, learn, and be silent when the adults are talking.

You realize the latency of connecting to a cloud based server negates any potential advantages you get from CPU processing? If it will take you 50 ms to process the data on your local CPU and only 10 ms to process the data on the cloud's CPU, but you have a ping of 60 ms to the server, not to mention the extra time it takes to actually talk to the network card and send/receive data, you're looking at 70 ms time to process instead of 50 ms AND at least one core of the CPU will be completely useless while it waits to receive the results from the cloud.

The point of the cloud is to seamlessly store data and have cheap/free dedicated servers that developers can rely on to constantly communicate with a central server. This allows cool things like the Driveatar system from Forza 5 to work where before each race it pulls the AI profiles from the cloud to populate your local instance giving a unique personality to each AI based upon player traits. The AI is then run locally on your CPU in real time but under the guidelines of the personality that was downloaded.

Cloud computing and network at this point does not offload CPUs for real time tasks. You can do a lot of prebaking in the cloud and use the cloud to download that stuff before running locally, but you won't be offloading game processes to the cloud.

Maybe stuff running in the background at a very low refresh rate, but I can't see that being anything critical. Stuff like calculating shadow maps in an environment that get applied on load can be done on the cloud instead of having to be done on your CPU in real time which would take awhile. Generating dynamic maps in the cloud with a lot more sophisticated algorithms that would take far longer to do locally could be done on the cloud too. I can see some applications but there won't be a huge difference.

Most games are moving away from prebaking everything. Lights are going completely dynamic with absolutely no ambient light to light the scene. Shadowmaps are being replaced by dynamic shadows. AI path finding is being calculated in real time instead of mapped out (easier to adapt to dynamically changing environments). Basically everything the cloud cloud be used for is being replaced with processing done in real time.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I can't believe this thread is still going. And of course all of the usuals are in this thread saying the same thing they say in every Xbox One vs PS4 thread. Don't you guys get tired of this crap?

The PS4 > Xbox One tech wise. Get over it! The difference in CPU clocks isn't nearly enough to close the GPU gap. And please stop arguing about RAM. It makes you guys look silly. If you all really care this much about specs, save your money and build your own PC's. Otherwise sit there and enjoy what AMD gave you.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By commander

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

It's no use, it's like talking to an 8 year old child

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

They have the same CPU, the difference is XBox One's is clocked slightly higher. PS4, on the other hand, has a substantially more powerful GPU (around 50% more powerful). Anyone who has ever built a gaming PC (both of these consoles are basically gaming PCs) will tell you that you want most of your money going to the GPU, since that is where the graphics are processed. So no, XBox One is not more powerful.

Not that it matters, a properly-built and configured $400 PC destroys them both.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By commander

@tormentos said:

@evildead6789 said:

1. The GPU inside the 780GTX can render more things at once at higher resolution and faster frames than the XBO or PS4 GPU reason why it does require a stronger CPU.

Again i already posted a benchmark of the same game you used as example and even a damn A10 apu will not bottle neck a R290X which is way way way wayyyyyyy abode the PS4 GPU,so no the jaguar is not the problem and the only game you have to account for that the developer screwed it confirmed by them.

2. Oh really.? Maybe that is the case for PC but on consoles i don't think so since on consoles the PS4 can use Nvidia Physx oh you didn't know that.?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/07/nvidia-announces-physx-support-for-playstation-4

On AMD GPU they don't run on PC yet on the PS4 it does,dude it is just a set of algorithms nothing more nothing less,Physx also ran on PS3 last gen but they didn't run on the RSX they ran on Cell..lol

So basically you have no argument.

3. No the slow frames happen in some parts not always go invent shit in other place sad lemming,the PS4 has more foliage and during shooting which is the true bread and butter of GTA the xbox one fails hard.

That Pes 720p..hahahaa Bu bu but the CPU is faster..hahahaa

Yeah that football games in particular can't just like MGS5 can't either because both games use an engine that used deferred lighting and several other effects which in combination are TO MUCH FOR THE SMALL ASS 32MB OF ESRAM.

How many copies pes sold is irrelevant this is a performance thread you make claiming the xbox one has superior CPU,yet it trails the PS4 in almost all games,what matter here is not how many copies PES sold but that it is 720p on xbox one..lol

DDR3 on xbox one has 68GB/s thats the peak,ESRAM is for the GPU alone and part of that 68GB/s is also for the GPU,the xbox one can't go higher than 68GB/s on its main ram pull period,ESRAM can but is to small for many task.

4. Yeah it sure is a lie reason why i posted link backing up what i say and you didn't...hahahaha

1. Your benchmark runs battlefield on high, mine on ultra, to run it on ultra the cpu has to do more work, simple as that. You don't have a clue how bottlenecking works yet you want to argue and call me a moron lmao

2. Who cares physx can run on the ps4, it runs on a pc cpu as well, even if it would run on an amd gpu, that's not the point. Tasks like AI will never be run (at least not this gen) on a gpu, because it isn't paralllel processed. Do you even know what the difference is between a cpu and a gpu

3. Well they do happen whenever you drive fast through busy traffic, which is a lot of times lol, gta fans selling their ps4's to buy an xboxone, like myself they prefer smoother gameplay than a bit better graphics.

Sony is so lucky the x1 fucked up with the kinect, but those days are over boy, back to reality. Pes is 720p on the x1? Buhuhu, a game no one cares about or it is you're japanese, who gives a flying f.. Everyone knows konami is sony's bitch. Maybe go play some pes in 1080p, I'll play some gta , far cry or whatever in smooth framerates lol, or better yet i'll play with my legends in fifa ultimate team (which are exclusive to the x1) in 1080p...

Who cares the x1 only has 68 gb/sec, it surely manages to run games at smooth framerates and high quality. The xboxone is smoother in gameplay in every single game lately. If the ps4 would lower the resolution as well, they might have smooth gameplay as well, but no they promised everyone better quality and now they have to come through, since they promised that already with the ps3 and there it took em 6 years to achieve better quality.

4. What link? physx? that's besides the point lol. just like pretty much everything you say. The point is that the ps4 is one overrated machine. That doesn't mean they don't make good games or that it isn't a good machine , but the x1 is pretty similar and imo, better balanced, has a better controller, better features and better servers. AT this time it's also cheaper. I prefer the exclusives on the x1 as well but that's just a matter of taste.

It's a fact that the lauch of the x1 was crap and their software & os configuration was crap as well, but as of now the x1 can be a very sweet deal.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#186 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@blamix99 said:

Yeah that downgrade and ND failing to meet 60 fps has me running to the hills.

LOL, keep praying my friend. it won't fail like you did with the secret sauce you were waiting for forever. even if it can't reach 60fps, i'm sure it will destroy any X1 game that will be released next year just like Uncharted 2 did with Gears 2. even TLOU alone destroyed the master flop collection that you were hyping a 10/10 <-------- LOL

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

It ok OP you bought xbone which run game worse and at worse res with less detail, come with shit controller, game with gold is joke, and MS have worst 1st party in gaming.

Good investment.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 tormentos
@FastRobby said:

NO dude stop your damage control that so call dev say the impact is huge when even Phil Spencer has deny that already about both The cloud and DX12,they over sold it and after that fix it they knew they have to because they would fail to deliver.

If the cloud is not there for a game that uses the cloud it will fail period,run Titanfall offline and tell me if you can..

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos:

You see the diagram.....You seen that John Sells the maker or the console said THE ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND AT THE MOMENT....no 7790 over there don't worry though we will see I that the xbox has been using HALF OF THE GPU to the whole GPU of the ps4 lol

Dude stop not only MS admit that they have a freaking 12CU GCN which they even have to rise the damn clock at last minute to get freaking performance out of it,MS also admit that there is no secret crap,and AMD them self stated that the PS4 APU was the most powerful APU they build period there is no way around that one..

Next year you will look like a fool and all gen long...hahaha

@evildead6789 said:

1. Your benchmark runs battlefield on high, mine on ultra, to run it on ultra the cpu has to do more work, simple as that. You don't have a clue how bottlenecking works yet you want to argue and call me a moron lmao

2. Who cares physx can run on the ps4, it runs on a pc cpu as well, even if it would run on an amd gpu, that's not the point. Tasks like AI will never be run (at least not this gen) on a gpu, because it isn't paralllel processed. Do you even know what the difference is between a cpu and a gpu

3. Well they do happen whenever you drive fast through busy traffic, which is a lot of times lol, gta fans selling their ps4's to buy an xboxone, like myself they prefer smoother gameplay than a bit better graphics.

Sony is so lucky the x1 fucked up with the kinect, but those days are over boy, back to reality. Pes is 720p on the x1? Buhuhu, a game no one cares about or it is you're japanese, who gives a flying f.. Everyone knows konami is sony's bitch. Maybe go play some pes in 1080p, I'll play some gta , far cry or whatever in smooth framerates lol, or better yet i'll play with my legends in fifa ultimate team (which are exclusive to the x1) in 1080p...

Who cares the x1 only has 68 gb/sec, it surely manages to run games at smooth framerates and high quality. The xboxone is smoother in gameplay in every single game lately. If the ps4 would lower the resolution as well, they might have smooth gameplay as well, but no they promised everyone better quality and now they have to come through, since they promised that already with the ps3 and there it took em 6 years to achieve better quality.

4. What link? physx? that's besides the point lol. just like pretty much everything you say. The point is that the ps4 is one overrated machine. That doesn't mean they don't make good games or that it isn't a good machine , but the x1 is pretty similar and imo, better balanced, has a better controller, better features and better servers. AT this time it's also cheaper. I prefer the exclusives on the x1 as well but that's just a matter of taste.

That doesn't mean you have to spread your lies everywhere, it's a fact that the lauch of the x1 was crap and their software & os configuration was crap as well, but as of now the x1 can be a very sweet deal.

1)The xbox one or PS4 doesn't run BF4 on Ultra mid to high in the best case scenario,the xbox one can't handle Ultra even at 720p and even that it was 10FPS slower as well,so yeah my chart does stand hell high on PC is higher quality than the PS4 and xbox one settings.

2)That is that is the point idiot Killzone SF was using its CPU for Physics,you run those on the GPU and the portion been use for physics on the CPU is now available to use in other jobs like AI or running more things at once or faster frame see.?

There are several thing which can run on GPU compute but now run on CPU,those free resources period the xbox one can't do that without hurting even more its graphics.

3)You say all the time so no you are wrong and the game is superior on PS4 period,the rest is just butthurt damage controls on your part.

So lucky.? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't care if you care or no one care about PES is 720p in the shitbox one deal with it..hahaha

Pes is locked 60FPS in the PS4 cry baby..hahaha

4)The point is that you are a blind biased lemming who pretended to be a hermit..haha

Balance meaning inferior..

18CU 8 aces 64 commands.

Same CPU and GDDR5 instead of fu** up configuration in the xbox one which was done to cheap out and include kinect in,balance mean inferior on xbox one..

What exclusives the xbox one has non,SO is basically the only one for endless months...

The rest is either on 360 or PC.

Epic how you ignore the whole Shadow of Mordor ownage,that is what will happen every time the PS4 isn't hold back...hahaha

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

lol at the secret sauce GPU and people who still think the cloud can help with anything useful

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By commander

@tormentos said:

@evildead6789 said:

That doesn't mean you have to spread your lies everywhere, it's a fact that the lauch of the x1 was crap and their software & os configuration was crap as well, but as of now the x1 can be a very sweet deal.

1)The xbox one or PS4 doesn't run BF4 on Ultra mid to high in the best case scenario,the xbox one can't handle Ultra even at 720p and even that it was 10FPS slower as well,so yeah my chart does stand hell high on PC is higher quality than the PS4 and xbox one settings.

2)That is that is the point idiot Killzone SF was using its CPU for Physics,you run those on the GPU and the portion been use for physics on the CPU is now available to use in other jobs like AI or running more things at once or faster frame see.?

There are several thing which can run on GPU compute but now run on CPU,those free resources period the xbox one can't do that without hurting even more its graphics.

3)You say all the time so no you are wrong and the game is superior on PS4 period,the rest is just butthurt damage controls on your part.

I don't care if you care or no one care about PES is 720p in the shitbox one deal with it..hahaha

4)The point is that you are a blind biased lemming who pretended to be a hermit..haha

18CU 8 aces 64 commands.

Same CPU and GDDR5 instead of fu** up configuration in the xbox one which was done to cheap out and include kinect in,balance mean inferior on xbox one..

What exclusives the xbox one has non,SO is basically the only one for endless months...

Epic how you ignore the whole Shadow of Mordor ownage,that is what will happen every time the PS4 isn't hold back...hahaha

1) That doesn't matter, it still proves a cpu bottleneck, the cpu in the x1 and ps4 can't match the bottlenecked cpu's in my benchmark as well.

2)Physx and physics are not the same thing lol and as for gpgpu ac unity already used that and they had to use the extra resources on the ps4's gpu to match the x1 cpu.

3) pes is still a soccer game, and konami is still sony's bitch, and pes is just small potatoes against the multibillion dollar industry that ea's fifa is, fifa runs the same on the ps4 and x1

4) I already showed you a picture of my pc ? do have to show it do you again?

Ps4 ownage? well i love my x1 and its games, with smooth framerates. Maybe shadow of mordor is better on the ps4 , but i already told you, both systems are very similar. Some games are better on the x1 , some on the ps4 (apart from x1 launch games). The fact that the ps4 has a better gpu doesn't change the fact that the x1 has a better cpu and that's why they're similar, the memory bandwith is complete overkill on the ps4 since it's so bottlenecked by the cpu. I know you wished it otherwise and xboxone's launch was probably a wet dream for you , sadly dreams don't last long lol.

Wel , I only care about x1 exclusives , what's the point in having a ps4 if you don't care about sony's exclusives.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

Both consoles hardware is terrible, and this gen is going to be a short one. Most games you will see this gen will be sequels and remasters, then in year 4/5 the successors will be announced. Both systems are unable to do 1080/60 on demanding games, and even struggle with remasters from last gen.

Considering 4K TVs and content will be likely to be coming into more peoples homes in the next couple of years (4K blurays hitting next year, broadcast 2015/16), both consoles are essentially in the same position the Wii was, with resolutions and performance that quickly became obsolete. No way can they both keep these consoles on the market for 10 years spans like the 360/PS3.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Tighaman

Guy look at the Diagram. We see that is has 12CU no one is saying that, but I told you before that its not a Bonaire more like two of them together.

DUAL GRAPHIC CONTEXT there is not ONE GPU THATS DOING THIS ON THE MARKET. THE ONLY WAY YOU HAVE TWO GRAPHIC CONTEXTS IS WITH TWO GPUs

I would take what the guy who made the xbox over anything you say. Secret Sauce lives TORM lol

Of course PS4 is the most powerful APU AMD MADE because THEY DIDNT MAKE XBOX SOC THEY HELPED its a difference.

@tormentos said:
@FastRobby said:

NO dude stop your damage control that so call dev say the impact is huge when even Phil Spencer has deny that already about both The cloud and DX12,they over sold it and after that fix it they knew they have to because they would fail to deliver.

If the cloud is not there for a game that uses the cloud it will fail period,run Titanfall offline and tell me if you can..

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos:

Dude stop not only MS admit that they have a freaking 12CU GCN which they even have to rise the damn clock at last minute to get freaking performance out of it,MS also admit that there is no secret crap,and AMD them self stated that the PS4 APU was the most powerful APU they build period there is no way around that one..

Next year you will look like a fool and all gen long...hahaha

@evildead6789 said:

18CU 8 aces 64 commands.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By commander

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

Both consoles hardware is terrible, and this gen is going to be a short one. Most games you will see this gen will be sequels and remasters, then in year 4/5 the successors will be announced. Both systems are unable to do 1080/60 on demanding games, and even struggle with remasters from last gen.

Considering 4K TVs and content will be likely to be coming into more peoples homes in the next couple of years (4K blurays hitting next year, broadcast 2015/16), both consoles are essentially in the same position the Wii was, with resolutions and performance that quickly became obsolete. No way can they both keep these consoles on the market for 10 years spans like the 360/PS3.

That's right, sony fanboys are deliusional thinking their system is that good.

We can only hope that nintendo comes back to it's old glory where it was making very good machines , like the nes, super nintendo, the n64 and the gamecube

They're building a brand new console right now, I'm expecting news at e3 next year, and problably release the year after. If nintendo isn't a fool this time, maybe they will make a console that simply obliterates the ps4 and x1, because with hardware prices right now, that shouldn't be that hard even for 400$, heck people would buy if it was 500$.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#194 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I think some people here spend more time analyzing hardware than actually playing games

Pretty much, which is sad.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#195  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Bad and ignorant hardware speculation aside, X1 is obviously less powerful and the one getting worse-looking multiplats. OP is busy trying to prove his speculation with irrelevent "evidence" when he's ignoring the real evidence that you can just look at any multi-plat comparison to plain-as-day see the PS4 is a decent chunk more powerful than the XB1 and produces better looking games.

/Thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

@tormentos said:
@FastRobby said:

So you've got no proof whatsoever, you are just saying "NO", and now I have to believe you, while at the same time I've got a developer claiming it is like this. Sure I'm going to believe the Puerto Rican working at the docks...

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:
@FastRobby said:

So you've got no proof whatsoever, you are just saying "NO", and now I have to believe you, while at the same time I've got a developer claiming it is like this. Sure I'm going to believe the Puerto Rican working at the docks...

"The Cloud" computing will only be for multiplayer server side based games.

Avatar image for indigenous_euphoria
indigenous_euphoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 indigenous_euphoria
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/xboxonebrasilofficial/posts/858943364126074

Google traduction (English):

Further details of Dual structure of the Xbox GPU One

Two of the architects of the Xbox One revalaram details of your SoC in the famous IEEE technological association.

In a publication held by John and Patrick O'Connor Sell, Microsoft members and architects behind the Xbox One, the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronis Engineers), the most famous technology association in the world, it was revealed more details about the SoC (System on Chip) Xbox One.

One is the GPU structure that is inside the console, which, unlike any GPU known so far, is divided into two "independent graphics contexts" or heel ends procesamiento or double pipeline:

The graphics core contains two graphics command and two compute command processors. Each command processor supports 16 work streams. The two primitive geometry engines, twelve compute units and four render backend depht and color of the graphics core engines support two independent graphics contexts.

This can not be used until the release of DirectX 12, DirectX 11 does not support parallel work instructions for hardware, I have said Brad Wardell, CEO of Stardock, in an article on DirectX 12 published on the web Neowin.net. Notably Wardel Stardock revealed it plans to launch in 2015 of 4-6 new games, 2 of which are AAA and even some used the DirectX 12.

The result was spectacular. Not only in theory and in practice (as an additional, I am involved in the demo of Star Swarm in which uses a similar technology). Lies that in every generation graphics cards are structured to gain a substantial increase in income, with respect to previous generations, here, with the same hardware will see double the income

The Xbox One will be the one that most benefit: this will give you basicamento every owner of an Xbox One with DirectX 12 double income

As we can see in the following scheme: each context contains 1 Graphics Processor Commands, 1 Compute Comand Processor, 1 Geometry Primitive Engine, 6 Compute Units and seems they are 2 Render Backend

Currently there is no GPU on the market that incorporates independent graphics contexts, it is expected that the upcoming APUs from AMD, Carrizo calls, which is scheduled for 2015 also incorporates something equal or similar, according to AMD APU these nuevas teram high compatibility with DirectX 12

Deserves remember one rumorQue appeared in 2012 in VG247 In which it was said that the Xbox One, known as Xbox 720 at that time, would GPU in a way never seen before

In a typical PC configuration, the two chips take turns to draw the lines of the same object, but the new Microsoft console, graphical units work independently to design separate objects simultaneously

This coincides with the perfeitamento explained in a paper published in IEEE

The peak ancho DRAM bandwidth is 68 GB per second. The ESRAM is between 109 and 204 GB per second, depending on the mix of the transmission (reads and writes while not). The total peak is about 200 GB per second

It was also spoken of processors and independent functions of the GPU, in which we see in the course verda color scheme in 3 estam supporting both the CPU when the GGPU releasing some work.

The eight processors and independent functions share the GPU MMU. these engines suportan aplicaciones and system serviçoes. Increase the processing Gpu and the CPU and are more efficient in relation energía \ income in their tasks

The famous Xbox One audio processor, SHAPE, was also showing in the document, and show that to match its processing capacity would need two CPU cores.

by eusouporn,

source: Soloxboxone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Link to the paper would be nice