Why the other Devil May Cry games s*** compared to the First one

This topic is locked from further discussion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

I played the game a couple of hours ago and its been a few years since I've touched the game. Anyway after playing it for about 2 hours or so I noticed a couple of things that really got me interested in Devil May Cry again just by playing the first game. First off the graphics in the first Devil May Cry look better to me than the graphics in Devil May Cry 3, second the music in the original devil may cry is alot better than the other games, third the game has good difficulty along with interesting bosses. I noticed the first boss really caught my eye with the lava spider and I died a few times trying to beat him. A fourth thing is the game doesn't seem very repetitive and it sucked me in right before the first boss fight where the bridge breaks and you have to fight in the water....at this point the game kinda sucks you in because its completely unexpected. Just by playing through the first 2 hours or so of the original devil may cry I began to notice why I started to like the game so much and this has lead me to believe that the other Devil May Cry games suck because they don't give nearly as enjoyable of an experience that the first Devil May Cry game gives you in a few hours as the other DMC games don't even give you half the experience if you were to play through them all the way.

Another thing I noticed about the first DMC is the enemies are much more interesting and challenging as well for example, right after the first boss fight you have to fight this black lion type demon and its quite challenging as well as interesting. After playing through just the first few hours of DMC its lead to this conclusion that the WTF is Capcom doing to DMC? Since its clearly not half the game it used to be. You don't see it in the Resident Evil series and I'm hoping Capcom will change things for DMC.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 odin2019
bump...does anyone else have any opinions on this
Mstrchiefpwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 Mstrchiefpwns
Member since 2006 • 814 Posts
DMC 3 is the better one IMO
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts
I just got the PS3 and never had a PS2. I was told to get either 1 or 3 for the DMC series. I was leaning towards 3 just because its newer.
NuclearFreedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NuclearFreedom
Member since 2006 • 1235 Posts
cause the creator never works on the sequal. but up until now, the creator was thnking about creating OKAMI2
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
As much as I think DMC 1 was aesome. 3 was great too. If it wasn't for the level design and all those lame puzzles..
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
Party 1 and 3 were both great. I like 3 just a tad bit more. Part 2 was also decent. I dont 'hate' that game like so many others do.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 odin2019

DMC 3 is the better one IMOMstrchiefpwns

why don't you go into more detail on that? Anyway 3 didn't give me half the experience the first one did. The first one had a much more interesting story, more interesting enemies that have completely different attack patterns, better challenges, more of an adventure, etc. In the third DMC game all it was, was climbing some tower with a couple of boring puzzles here and there. There is nothing unexpected that happens in DMC 3 and there isn't half the adventure in the game either when I compare it to the first DMC game.

Also, keep in mind that in the first DMC game it feels like there is alot more fighting room when your fighting against enemies. The puzzles are much more interesting as well. What I liked about the first DMC that the other games lack is adventure and unexpected things occuring.

sneekite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sneekite
Member since 2004 • 1599 Posts

In my opinion:

Devil May Cry is a great action game like Ninja Gaiden... One of the best 3d action games there is. Devil May Cry 2 is a two-disc half-hour long piece of garbage. DMC3 is the best of the series, but like the director of Ninja Gaiden Sigma said, it's more like a "Combo Game" than a straight action game.

As for DMC4, it looks like they simplified the combat as Nero to attract more sales. Knowing this would piss people off, they slapped on Dante who plays identically to DMC3. Obviously we'll have to see a powered up Nero in later stages of the game and on a higher difficulty to see if any of this is true, but I wouldn't put it past them.

HiImUPSMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HiImUPSMan
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
DMC2 was teh best! :P
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 odin2019
How can you all say that DMC3 is the best? You all need to go back and play the original Devil May Cry to refresh your memory. Yes, DMC3 has the better combo system but in lacks in so many other areas compared to the first devil may cry game. Hell Devil May Cry 3 doesn't even look as good as the first Devil May Cry....now why is that?
-cnc-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -cnc-
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts

Devil May Cry
Developed by Capcom Production Studio 4
Producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi
Director Hideki Kamiya

Devil May Cry 2
Developed by Capcom Production Studio 1
Producers Tsuyoshi Tanaka, Katsuhiro Sudo
Director Hideaki Itsuno

Devil May Cry 3
Developed by Capcom Production Studio 1
Producer Tsuyoshi Tanaka
Director Hideaki Itsuno

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
I never really liked any of the games in the series but I'm glad to hear someone thinks the first DMC had better graphics than the third. I've only played 1&3. I don't like all the backtracking in the series and I don't like dying because of the camera. A problem I had in both games. It is what it is I guess.
walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
dmc3 speacil edition was the best, and i thought dmc2 was awesome, i never understood why people hated it.. 
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
The first one was the best, visually enticing for it's time with really fast action. I have tried the other ones but they were not as good and could not holy my interest long enough. DMC going multiplat is no big deal to me because I know that it will not be as good as the original.
g-rash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 g-rash
Member since 2003 • 3128 Posts
Wtf DMC 3 is soo much more intense and interesting than the first. There was what like 1 plot twist in the first, and in the third there's a ton of dif characters that turn on you and stuff like that. The combat is much more satisfying and the camera is much better in the 3rd. I played the 1st before the 3rd too.
joeblak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joeblak
Member since 2005 • 5474 Posts

Wtf DMC 3 is soo much more intense and interesting than the first. There was what like 1 plot twist in the first, and in the third there's a ton of dif characters that turn on you and stuff like that. The combat is much more satisfying and the camera is much better in the 3rd. I played the 1st before the 3rd too.g-rash

After I played DMC3, I couldn't go back to DMC.