Why Sony wont be getting their Halos or CODs anytime soon.

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

It's simple (we kill the Batman)

Blurry enough for ya'?

People don't buy PS3s or PS4s for Halos or CODs. People buy 360s/Xbones for Halos of CoDs.

And I definitely wouldn't want it any other way.

Xbox Live--and I can't beat this poor dead horse enough--was built on Halo, runs on Halo and CoD, and is honestly bought specifically for Halo and CoD.

Unfortunately, Sony will keep trying.

I can bet you right now Destiny won't be as big on the PS4 as it is on Xbox One. Why is this? Because you have a platform that is built around online gaming, raised on online game, with a userbase that's virtually all about online gaming, versus a platform that's constantly after new IPs and single player franchises, and in cosntant pursuit of creating a solid library.

The killer factor is that Xbox platforms are the go to consoles when the default and mass gaming userbase thinks about online games. When you think of gaming online, playing WarHawk or StarHawk or MAG on PSN isn't the first thing that comes to mind (unless you're a cow). Playing CoD/Halo on XBL are the first things that come to mind. XBL has been successful in making itself a standard, default trend for online console gaming. This alone lets it get away with so many things.

1. The Userbase and Mass are already there so, what do they want to play?

2. Hmmm...That's a good question. What have they enjoyed in the past?

3. Well, they seem to like this game, and that game, and this other game....

4. We need to create something current and new, but we also need to cash in on that already established user game

5. So we need something similar to what they like now and what they've liked in the past...

6. But we also need something somewhat fresh to show a sense of progression. We can't lose their interest.

The already established User base from the original Xbox to the 360 to the Xbone will always be a home to most online gamers. I don't see Sony beating this anytime soon. It doesn't mean Sony online games aren't incompetent, don't get me wrong. StarHawk and Warhawk and Killzone are fking amazing; literally can't get old. But MS will always trump the PS3/4 in terms of online console gaming. They just have the user base. Killzone couldn't do it, Resistance couldn't do it, MAG couldn't do it, StarHawk/WarHawk did something but not IT...And these are all great games. The killer factor is that it's no longer about which online service is better. It's come out of that. Xbox Live is now a default go-to thought for online game amongst the mass/main gaming demographic. It's now a trend and an instinct. People aren't asking the Vs. questions anymore. Buying an online game to play because it's what's big on XBL is now just as instinctive as...itself I guess...And this is also why TitanFall will be a huge success.

One last thought is this: If you think I'm wrong, then ask yourself this: Would TitanFall as a PS4 exclusive, be nearly as successful and big as it be as a Xbox One exclusive?

No Horses were beaten or injured in the making of this OP.

#2 Posted by Zen_Light (1081 posts) -

Stop posting your demented thoughts and weirdo ramblings.

#3 Posted by soulitane (13364 posts) -

Isn't CoD the most played game online on the PS3? Also isn't it the highest selling?

#4 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

Isn't CoD the most played game online on the PS3? Also isn't it the highest selling?

Did you read the OP at all or are you that guy.

#5 Edited by lostrib (30801 posts) -

@soulitane said:

I'll be that guy.

Tl;dr

#6 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

NO!

#7 Edited by lostrib (30801 posts) -

@Zen_Light said:

NO!

why not just blog it

#8 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

I'll be that guy.

Tl;dr

When are you not that guy?

#9 Edited by soulitane (13364 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

I read the sentence "People don't buy PS3s or PS4s for Halos or CODs" which is factually wrong since CoD the is best (or one of the best) selling games on the PS3, so quite obviously that statement is false (apart from the Halo bit). I didn't bother reading past there since your thread seemed to be set up on false information.

#10 Posted by lostrib (30801 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

I'll be that guy.

Tl;dr

When are you not that guy?

When the OP is really short...or has lots of pretty pictures

#11 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1804 posts) -

Taylor swift is ugly and built like teenage boy.

#12 Posted by lostrib (30801 posts) -

...you know some weird looking teenage boys

#13 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

I read the sentence "People don't buy PS3s or PS4s for Halos or CODs" which is factually wrong since CoD the is best (or one of the best) selling games on the PS3, so quite obviously that statement is false (apart from the Halo bit). I didn't bother reading past there since your thread seemed to be set up on false information.

Okay, but in reality can you actually picture anyone going to buy a PS3 just to play freaking call of duty?

#14 Posted by lostrib (30801 posts) -

@soulitane said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Okay, but in reality can you actually picture anyone going to buy a PS3 just to play freaking call of duty?

uh yeah...it's not really that hard.

#15 Posted by soulitane (13364 posts) -

@soulitane said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Yes, I know a fair few people that have gotten a PS3 for CoD. It's a popular game, so why wouldn't there be people who buy the system with free online to play an predominately online game? Your thread is based on the generalisation of an 80 million strong user base, which has voted with their wallets that they enjoy playing CoD, not all of them mind you, but a big chunk of them.

#16 Edited by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

I know where you live

#17 Posted by The4thVIII (372 posts) -

@soulitane said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Yes because they have. Which is wy it's the best selling series on all consoles except the Wii.

#18 Posted by Jankarcop (8747 posts) -

lol halo/cod

#19 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Yes, I know a fair few people that have gotten a PS3 for CoD. It's a popular game, so why wouldn't there be people who buy the system with free online to play an predominately online game? Your thread is based on the generalisation of an 80 million strong user base, which has voted with their wallets that they enjoy playing CoD, not all of them mind you, but a big chunk of them.

Hmmmm...Interesting...and Yet, HALO has more sales than any PS3 games...except GT5.

CoD is more vital and much bigger to XBL than it is to PSN. Simple fact.

#20 Posted by soulitane (13364 posts) -

@soulitane said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Hmmmm...Interesting...and Yet, HALO has more sales than any PS3 games...except GT5.

CoD is more vital and much bigger to XBL than it is to PSN. Simple fact.

I do believe that Halo 3 outsold GT5, could be wrong though.

It's bigger yes, but it is also big on the PS3, to deny that is inane.

#21 Posted by always_explicit (2578 posts) -

If you cannot see even the most basic level of sexual attraction to that girl there is something wrong with you. Assuming your a hetero male of course.

#22 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Yes because they have. Which is wy it's the best selling series on all consoles except the Wii.

Really? People who already own a PS3 may pick up CoD. I didn't (except Black ops 2 which I sold the same week and never passed the first campaign mission). I played on my PC. Sorry, can't really see it. People will buy PS3s to play PS3 pillars like Uncharted 2, TLOU, HR, GoW and more, but the chance of someone saying they want to buy a PS3 just to play CoD is very slim.

#23 Posted by lostrib (30801 posts) -
#24 Posted by Daious (834 posts) -

I am pretty sure ps3 and xbox cod sales are very close to one another.

#25 Edited by soulitane (13364 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@wasted_wlsdom: you're just talking out of your ass

Of course he isn't, it's unfathomable that anyone would buy a PS3 to play one of the most popular games around.

#26 Posted by blamix99 (1488 posts) -

wow another halo/cod weirdo

#27 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

So Sony will never have an exclusive franchise as big as halo? YES!!!! Johnny Meltdown admits it!

#28 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

Sony is desperately trying to make Killzone the new Halo/Gears/COD but people have rejected Killzone. Sony should have nabbed Bungie before Activision did. Destiny would have been a killer-app for the PS4.

People buy PlayStation games for single player experiences like Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Last of Us, and Final Fantasy. This is why Sony should not charge for online, because PlayStation has NEVER been known as a multiplayer console. Heck, even the PS2 released with only 2 controller ports!!!!!!!

During the PlayStation era all the good multiplayer games were on the N64 (Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros., Mario Party, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, etc. etc.) and the PS2/PS3 era were all on the GC/Wii/Xbox/360.

#29 Edited by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

So Sony will never have an exclusive franchise as big as halo? YES!!!! Johnny Meltdown admits it!

You're like the Lemming version of Heli68.

#30 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Of course he isn't, it's unfathomable that anyone would buy a PS3 to play one of the most popular games around.

People will buy a PS3 to play Uncharted 2. I wish I could find the specific statistics of how many UC2/UC3 PS3 bundles sold and how many COD PS3 bundles sold.

#31 Posted by soulitane (13364 posts) -

@soulitane said:

@lostrib said:

People will buy a PS3 to play Uncharted 2. I wish I could find the specific statistics of how many UC2/UC3 PS3 bundles sold and how many COD PS3 bundles sold.

But you can't, so as of right now, we have only anecdotal evidence, which points more to the idea that people have bought a PS3 for CoD.

#32 Posted by The4thVIII (372 posts) -

@The4thVIII said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Really? People who already own a PS3 may pick up CoD. I didn't (except Black ops 2 which I sold the same week and never passed the first campaign mission). I played on my PC. Sorry, can't really see it. People will buy PS3s to play PS3 pillars like Uncharted 2, TLOU, HR, GoW and more, but the chance of someone saying they want to buy a PS3 just to play CoD is very slim.

So you're an idiot. Because that's what people did. Espcially when looking at online numbers and earlier COD installbases on the system.

#33 Posted by Joedgabe (5087 posts) -

I guess i'm weird because i think she's hot!

#34 Edited by KBFloYd (12673 posts) -

hate to break it to you...but xbox and playstation fans are the same in usa now....except in japan..thats were your argument holds water.

#35 Posted by I_can_haz (6359 posts) -

Yet COD and BF4 sold more on PS4 than Xbone.

#36 Posted by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -

Daily BF4 and CoD player count on current-gen platforms show us that SONY stole the dude-bro crowd from Microsoft.

#37 Edited by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

Black Ops 2 on PS3 had higher number of players than Xbox 360 when I logged on during the summer. Microsoft just like America is close minded and thinks nothing else goes on in the world, you do realize that the PSN has a larger user base than Xbox Live don't you?

It's all about the marketing and Microsoft money that give you content first when it comes to COD.

As I said MilkingSoft is only a big brand in the US, and has a decent user base in Europe but nothing on the level of the PS user base in Europe.

#38 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@The4thVIII said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

So you're an idiot. Because that's what people did. Espcially when looking at online numbers and earlier COD installbases on the system.

Wait, I'm an idiot because while PS3 is bought to play tons of exclusives along with other multiplats, Xbox 360 is only bought to play Halo and CoD?

I'm an idiot because we have one platform that's supported centrally by exclusives like Uncharted, as opposed to one platform that RUNS CENTRALLY on CoD and Halo? Do you see the difference between the two? Do you see my point? Xbox 360's central purpose is what people buy it for. halo and gears, and cod. PS3's central purpose isn't CoD. Please keep lying to yourselves.

#39 Edited by clone01 (24081 posts) -

@soulitane said:

We're all that guy. You're a f*cking idiot. Why would we read what you write? Waaaay more fun to just point out your idiocy, Johnny fanboy.

#40 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

We're all that guy. You're a f*cking idiot. Why would we read what you write? Waaaay more fun to just point out your idiocy, Johnny fanboy.

Did you want that hug now? Bark. Bark.

#41 Edited by clone01 (24081 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Nah. Its way more fun pointing out your genetic fumbles of posting, johnny fanboy. How long to your ban, pinkie?

#42 Edited by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@clone01 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Nah. Its way more fun pointing out your genetic fumbles of posting, johnny fanboy. How long to your ban, pinkie?

Ohhh I bet you're having so much fun right now, aren't you? Arennnn't youuuu??? Who's a good boy???? WHO'S A GUUUDDD BOYYY???

#43 Edited by clone01 (24081 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@clone01 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

@soulitane said:

Ohhh I bet you're having so much fun right now, aren't you? Arennnn't youuuu??? Who's a good boy???? WHO'S A GUUUDDD BOYYY???

Was that an attempt a being clever? You've used it once to no success. Oh, and you didn't answer the question? How long until the ban? I'm guessing 3 months. What do you think, johnny fanboy?

#44 Posted by wasted_wlsdom (147 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

Was that an attempt a being clever? You've used it once to no success. Oh, and you didn't answer the question? How long until the ban? I'm guessing 3 months. What do you think, johnny fanboy?

LMAO...Don't worry. Daddy isn't going anywhere. I'll never leave you again. I promise. : )<3

#45 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

Call of Duty Ghosts sold more on PS4 then on Xbox One. This pretty much destroys your argument.

#46 Posted by clone01 (24081 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@wasted_wlsdom said:

LMAO...Don't worry. Daddy isn't going anywhere. I'll never leave you again. I promise. : )<3

Nah, you will. Just a matter of time. F*cking moron.

#47 Posted by Zelda187 (480 posts) -

I'll never understand this modern day obsession with first person shooters.

Goddamn what a bore.

Titanfall is seriously the next big thing?

Not even a single player campaign with a halfway decent plotline or even remotely interesting characters? Just more running around linear maps shooting at the first opposing player that runs across the screen?

Yeah, sign me up for more of that shit.

#48 Posted by Animal-Mother (26139 posts) -

Just like your name this thread is wasted wisdom....

#49 Posted by clone01 (24081 posts) -

@Zelda187 said:

Goddamn what a bore.

Not even a single player campaign with a halfway decent plotline or even remotely interesting characters? Just more running around linear maps shooting at the first opposing player that runs across the screen?

It is what it is...I see your point, but there is something to be said for a solid multiplayer.

#50 Edited by Zelda187 (480 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@Zelda187 said:

Goddamn what a bore.

It is what it is...I see your point, but there is something to be said for a solid multiplayer.

A solid multiplayer platform is definitely a plus...I just get tired of the same repetitive shit being recycled under a different name.

I fail to see anything "groundbreaking" or "revolutionary" about Titanfall.

XBOX fanboys would have you believe that Titanfall is the next big thing, meanwhile most PC gamers (and I do the vast majority of my gaming on a PC, where the game will undoubtedly look and perform much better) couldn't really care less about it.

I'm not hating on Titanfall just to be in the reverse "in-crowd" who want to shit on it simply for the sake of shitting on it...but the people who say it's basically CoD in mech suits really aren't that far off.