why PS3 is the obvios choice for me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cyprusxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cyprusxx
Member since 2005 • 817 Posts

Here is why is think the PS3 is an obvious choice over the 360 especially if you own decent pc which is almost everone and if you dont PC hadware like GPU's are getting sooo cheap now like the 8600, so cost is hardly a problem,

Seeing how im on a American Forum, you guys cant seem to make obvious choices looking at the politans you elect, sorry but i just had to add that in, :)

Fist the games, i would say that almost every game that comes out now is multi platform so its up to the exlusives to fight it out and sony seems to be the clear winner in that department espicialy considering that we seem to forget that almost every single 360 exclusive isnt an exclusive at all as it comes out on the PC such as Bioshock, Halo 2, Mass effect, Lost planet and Gears of War and lets not forget that recently the head of Microsoft Games said that they were cancelling there Live & Gold service for PC so that we can game for free:)

And when you look at the lineup of PS3 eclusives which are true Great exclusives and you will not be able to play thise on PC

Resistance

Resitance 2

God OF WAR 3 !!!!!!!

Afrika

Aqua

Uncharted

Rachet and Clank

METAL GEAR 4

War Hawk

Gran Turismo 5

Eye of judgment

Wipe out

Heavey Rain

KillZone 2

Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Tekken 6

Infomous

then you look at online PN has a huge advantage as its free and its only a matter of time before PN catches up to XBL in it functionality, but then it will surpass XBL with Home.

Morals

As a Activist the 360 is a product of Microsoft which is a immoral power-hungry company, As Bill Gates sets up Charities which are really Eugenics programs and he is also a member of of the Evil Bildaberg Group who are super elite people who have a Globalist agenda.

The hardware

lets not forget that the six Axis adds to the gameplay like in rachet and clank as you could control rachet skydiving, just little things like that add to the overall gameplay.

The playstation is a higher quility product as it doesnt suffer from cooling problems and the RED RING OF DEATH "school girls scream and run away" also it has the wireless Internet out of the box. it also has blueray wich is the future of movies. The ps3 is also slightly more powerful which the cell and the advantage of bluray.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

Seeing how im on a American Forum, you guys cant seem to make obvious choices looking at the politans you elect, sorry but i just had to add that in, :)

cyprusxx

In b4 political argument.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
Time Crisis 4 is allegedly horrendous.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

Here is why is think the PS3 is an obvious choice over the 360 especially if you own a pc which is everone

cyprusxx

Stop reading right there. While a lot of people have PCs, very few have rigs capable of playing games (at least on half way decent settings).

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
ok so....what if i say that both the xbox 360 and the playstation 3 are obivious choice's??
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
i really hope the original post was all just sarcasm by the TC if not.... then i pity him
cyprusxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cyprusxx

ok so....what if i say that both the xbox 360 and the playstation 3 are obivious choice's??mlbslugger86

If you got the cash to spend then go for it mate

darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darkenedsquire
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

Seriously you listed Time crisis 4?!?!?!

And what's with the rasicm anyway? I'm not even American and I think that remark was uncalled for.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15599 Posts
I lol'ed... wait this is a joke thread right?
cyprusxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cyprusxx

i really hope the original post was all just sarcasm by the TC if not.... then i pity himst1ka

explain

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts
Because i like waiting, flops, false promisses, cgi trailers, more expensive software, bad online, limited lineup and the same controller all my life! Thats why ps3 is the obvious choise ;)
darkenedsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darkenedsquire
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

Also the Sixaxis is one of the most ill concieved ideas this gen and how can supporting one "evil" money grabbing company be different from supporting the other "evil" money grabbing company.

EDIT: Typo

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
I'll make you a deal tc, if you won't judge my horrible corrupt political system I won't judge your taste in homoerotic movies.
cyprusxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cyprusxx

I'll make you a deal tc, if you won't judge my horrible corrupt political system I won't judge your taste in homoerotic movies.Riverwolf007

WTF dos that mean wat movies

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 st1ka

[QUOTE="st1ka"]i really hope the original post was all just sarcasm by the TC if not.... then i pity himcyprusxx
explain

all right i will

Here is why is think the PS3 is an obvious choice over the 360 especially if you own decent pc which is almost everone and if you dont PC hadware like GPU's are getting sooo cheap now like the 8600, so cast is hardly a problem,cyprusxx
almost everyone onws a decent PC? link? and by your logic if i bought a decent PC o also would not need a PS3

Seeing how im on a American Forum, you guys cant seem to make obvious choices looking at the politans you elect, sorry but i just had to add that in, :) cyprusxx

Im European and i found this racist and uncalled for

Fist the games, i would say that almost every game that comes out now is multi platform so its up to the exlusives to fight it out and sony seems to be the clear winner in that department espicialy considering that we seem to forget that almost every single 360 exclusive isnt an exclusive at all as it comes out on the PC such as Bioshock, Halo 2, Mass effect, Lost planet and Gears of Warcyprusxx
Halo 2 was on the original xbox, Bioshock was never an exclusive, and everyone knew Mass effect was just a timed exclusive, all you meantioned were 2 games and oh lets not forget this

Total AAAA (# exclusive)

• PS3: 2 (1)
  • 360: 1 (0)

Total AAA (# exclusive)

• PC: 17 (9)
  • 360: 14 (4)
  • PS3: 8 (0)
  • Wii: 6 (4)

Total AA (# exclusive)

• PC: 80 (54)
  • 360: 66 (10)
  • PS3: 41 (4)
  • Wii: 22 (7)
how about that ? the 360 seems to have more exclusives then the PS3

and lets not forget that recently the head of Microsoft Games said that they were cancelling there Live & Gold service for PC so that we can game for free:) cyprusxx

how is this related?

And when you look at the lineup of PS3 eclusives which are true Great exclusivescyprusxx
but the exclusives for the 360 arent?

and you will not be able to play thise on PC Resistance Resitance 2 God OF WAR 3 !!!!!!! Afrika Aqua Uncharted Rachet and Clank METAL GEAR 4 War Hawk Gran Turismo 5 Time Crisis 4 Eye of judgment Wipe out Heavey Rain KillZone 2 Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier Tekken 6 Infomouscyprusxx
Time crisis 4? wow i am so missin out :roll:

Afrika will not be released outside Japan

never heard of aqua

Grand turismo aparantly will not be launched before 2010 have fun waiting

we havent heard anything about heavy rain in two years now

and by wipeout i assume you mean wipeout HD which is just the original wipeout with improved graphics from what iv been told

Hell if you want i can create a list with 360 exclusives just as easilly here we go:

Forza 2 and 3 (all before GT 5 aparantly)

Halo 3

Lost odyssey

Star ocean 4

Fable 2

Kameo

Dead or Alive 4

Ninja gaiden 2

Gears of war 2

Banjo 3

Halo wars

Too human

you see how easy that was? want me to make one for the Wii as well? or the nintendo DS while im at it?

Online then you look at online PN has a huge advantage as its free and its only a matter of time before PN catches up to XBL in it functionality, but then it will surpass XBL with Homecyprusxx

iv been hearing that since 2005, anyway i actually agree with you on this one, i dont like paying for online either

Morals As a Activist the 360 is a product of Microsoft which is a immoral power-hungry company, As Bill Gates sets up Charities which are really Eugenics programs and he is also a member of of the Evil Bildaberg Group who are super elite people who have a Globalist agendacyprusxx

:lol: are you kidding me? youre actually using the "microsoft is evil" excuse? what does this even have to do with the case at hand, also if you are so concerned then i guess you dont use windows on your PC? i guess you dont buy gas for your car? i guess you only buy biological food when you go to a grocery (even though they are somewhat harder to find and more expensive)

The hardware lets not forget that the six Axis adds to the gameplay like in rachet and clank as you could control rachet skydiving, just little things like that add to the overall gameplay.cyprusxx

great, one game uses the six-axis in a very small way i feel so convinced :roll: sixaxis so far is nothing more then an afterthought, hardly any games use it and from what i have heard (even from die-hard PS3 fanboys like Amy Mizuno) it has yeat to be implemented decently on anything

The playstation is a higher quility product as it doesnt suffer from cooling problems and the RED RING OF DEATH "school girls scream and run away"cyprusxx

ah nothing like the good old scare tactics

also it has the wireless Internet out of the box. cyprusxx
from you original remark about US residents im going to assume you live outside North America, and as such a 360 is almost half the price of PS3, and guess what, i dont need wireless on my console, so why should i pay for it? see? isnt it fun to have choices?

it also has blueray wich is the future of movies.cyprusxx

it has blu-ray yes, as for the future of movies... we will see..

i The ps3 is also slightly more powerful which the cell and the advantage of bluray. cyprusxx

and yet hardly any PS3 games look all that better then 360s even though the 360 was launched in 2005 and the PS3 in 2006

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]I'll make you a deal tc, if you won't judge my horrible corrupt political system I won't judge your taste in homoerotic movies.cyprusxx

You're a walking comedy routine. I love this guy!

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
Won't quote st1ka; but ownage signed, sealed, and delivered.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
[QUOTE="cyprusxx"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]I'll make you a deal tc, if you won't judge my horrible corrupt political system I won't judge your taste in homoerotic movies.BobHipJames

As a history buff how can you not take a shot at 300 and people glamorizing an entire society that practiced institionalized pederasty.

I had a field day when that thing came out and people knew nothing about the actual Spartan lifestyle.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 st1ka
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"][QUOTE="BobHipJames"][QUOTE="cyprusxx"]
I'll make you a deal tc, if you won't judge my horrible corrupt political system I won't judge your taste in homoerotic movies.Riverwolf007

As a history buff how can you not take a shot at 300 and people glamorizing an entire society that practiced institionalized pederasty. I had a field day when that thing came out and people knew nothing about the actual Spartan lifestyle.

i thought it was common knowledge that the ancient greek civilization did not have any constraints when it came to pederasty
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

So you're on an American forum ?? Funny that, Gamespot is also based in UK and AU.

Oh, and Price + More of my Friends Have One + No need for Blu-Ray or Wi-Fi + Metacritic = Why i bought a 360

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angelkimne

Time Crisis 4 is allegedly horrendous.BobHipJames
But it's so brilliant in the arcades with friends :(.

I guess that just can't be replicated in your home.

Actually i think House Of The Dead is better with your friends in arcades.. Well the Shotgun one atleast, the Uzi one sucks.

cyprusxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cyprusxx

i never said the 360 doesnt have good exlusives but i still think the ps3 line up is alot better

and the fact that the mojarity of Amercans cant make good political positans is not racist its fact

umm so are u saying that the red ring of death doesnt happen

wirless internet is important for most people

Alot of reviers say that MGS4 is the best looking game also uncharted.....bet gears still looks awsome

And if the six axis is done write it DOES ADD TO GAMEPLAY

plod2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 plod2
Member since 2007 • 289 Posts

I completly agree, PS3 is the obvious choice, the 360 has nothing that cannot be rivaled by the ps3.

I really cannot see what the 360 has that makes it as good as the ps3, the libary of games is a lot worse, online is full of freaks screaming, singing and crying down microphones, there are technical issues and if you want anything you have to pay extra. But I guess you get what you pay for, its cheaper for a reason.

PS3 is the obvious choice, the only thing going for the 360 is that it was released earlier

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 angelkimne

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]I'll make you a deal tc, if you won't judge my horrible corrupt political system I won't judge your taste in homoerotic movies.cyprusxx

Yes, that half naked guy in your sig could just be related to a homoerotic movie he says you like :)

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 angelkimne

i never said the 360 doesnt have good exlusives but i still think the ps3 line up is alot better

and the fact that the mojarity of Amercans cant make good political positans is not racist its fact

umm so are u saying that the red ring of death doesnt happen

wirless internet is important for most people

Alot of reviers say that MGS4 is the best looking game also uncharted.....bet gears still looks awsome

cyprusxx

Really no.

And i don't understand people that use WiFi even when it's in range of thier router for a ethernet cable.

I've tried both and there is a noticible difference in Ethernet's favour.

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 st1ka

i never said the 360 doesnt have good exlusives but i still think the ps3 line up is alot better cyprusxx

your opinion and thus far from being "the obvious choice"

the fact that the mojarity of Amercans cant make good political positans is not racist its fact ummcyprusxx

its fact? show me these facts then

so are u saying that the red ring of death doesnt happencyprusxx

where did i say that?

wirless internet is important for most peoplecyprusxx

its also important that those that dont need wireless should not pay for it, on the PS3 you are forced to pay for it

Alot of reviers say that MGS4 is the best looking game also unchartedcyprusxx

like i said very few games, you got GT5, uncharted.. metal gear 4... and what else? in two years you got 3 games not very impressive considering the PS3 was launched a year later and features "the cell"

cyprusxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cyprusxx
[QUOTE="cyprusxx"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]I'll make you a deal tc, if you won't judge my horrible corrupt political system I won't judge your taste in homoerotic movies.angelkimne

Yes, that half naked guy in your sig could just be related to a homoerotic movie he says you like :)

thats stupid i like 300 because I find ancient Greek warroirs cool the spartans were the best fighters ever

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 st1ka
I completly agree, PS3 is the obvious choice, the 360 has nothing that cannot be rivaled by the ps3. I really cannot see what the 360 has that makes it as good as the ps3, the libary of games is a lot worse, online is full of freaks screaming, singing and crying down microphones, there are technical issues and if you want anything you have to pay extra. But I guess you get what you pay for, its cheaper for a reason. PS3 is the obvious choice, the only thing going for the 360 is that it was released earlier plod2
is that why the 360 has more games, a bigger variety and more games with higher ratings?
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
[QUOTE="angelkimne"][QUOTE="cyprusxx"]

thats stupid i like 300 because I find ancient Greek warroirs cool the spartans were the best fighters ever

:lol:

And I agree with what st1ka has said so far.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

What if I dont like the MGS series and I dont have a 1080p HDTV? Is the PS3 still such an OBVIOUS choice? Because if neither of those two things come into play for me, the XBOX 360 offers a vastly larger and better games line up. A proven online network that is going to improve once again this Fall and a much more consumer friendly $299 price point at which for new comers to get the full XBOX 360 experience!!

I remember when Sony was touting the PS3 as the second coming and they were showing all of these fancy demos and were going on and on about how 1080p would be the standard for all of their games and the BluRay was necessary to have next gen graphics! Hmm, exactly how many TRUE 1080p games are there on the PS3? Id bet no more than 10 and probably closer to 6 or 7. Oh and how big is that BluRay section at your local Blockbuster in comparison to standard DVD?

Trust me when I say that the PS3 is no where near the obvious choice for the majority of gamers. In fact, Id go so far as to say that the XBOX 360 is this generations PS2!!

protosnype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 protosnype
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
also bioshock is coming out for the ps3 in 2009
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts
[QUOTE="angelkimne"][QUOTE="cyprusxx"]

I hope you're aware of the fact that the spartan society were based around relationships between men, even at early age to form the bond between the student and his mentor?

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

No, I'm sorry but I don't agree with you at all.

First you game list..

Afrika? JAPAN ONLY.

Aqua? Never heard of it.

Grand Turismo5? Enjoy waiting...

Time Crisis 4? Nice try deleting it and all...

Tekken 6? Probably going to 360 as well.

About the exclusives, you forget most of sony's first party are making B-class games this gen. MGS4 only true great exclusive and it's third party.

PSN it's only a matter of time? Cows have been saying that since the PS3 launched. Face it, Online play was not Sony's top priority this gen, and it shows.

Morals? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhhhhh...... AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.

Harware, Six Axis get owned by 360's controller. PS3 does have more reliable hardware though.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts

Here is why is think the PS3 is an obvious choice over the 360 especially if you own decent pc which is almost everone and if you dont PC hadware like GPU's are getting sooo cheap now like the 8600, so cost is hardly a problem,

cyprusxx
Even though I chose a PS3, I stopped reading right there. A joke or not, the insult wasn't funny and made your opinion worthless to me, so I saw no need to read whatever the rest said.
Guntrix50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Guntrix50
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts

[QUOTE="plod2"] I completly agree, PS3 is the obvious choice, the 360 has nothing that cannot be rivaled by the ps3. I really cannot see what the 360 has that makes it as good as the ps3, the libary of games is a lot worse, online is full of freaks screaming, singing and crying down microphones, there are technical issues and if you want anything you have to pay extra. But I guess you get what you pay for, its cheaper for a reason. PS3 is the obvious choice, the only thing going for the 360 is that it was released earlier st1ka
is that why the 360 has more games, a bigger variety and more games with higher ratings?

agreed

also st1ka u must be exgaggerating "online is full of freaks screaming, singing and crying down microphones"

price has nothing to do with quality when reffering to video game consoles

luckily the ps3 has blu-ray to keep those sales alive

st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 st1ka

agreed

also st1ka u must be exgaggerating "online is full of freaks screaming, singing and crying down microphones"Guntrix50

huh.. i didnt say that :S

price has nothing to do with quality when reffering to video game consolesGuntrix50

true, but the TC was saying "you have to pay for wi-fi" yes you do, except its optional and the 360 is cheaper lessening the hit

elite_ferns1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 elite_ferns1
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
I agree. My PC was bought in 2005 and had difficulty running Halo 1 lol.
Burnsmiesta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Burnsmiesta
Member since 2004 • 1672 Posts
TEEH CONSPIRACIEZZZZ

but seriously the only obvious choice in gaming is owning all the current platforms. Everything else is opinion.
Avatar image for Shadow_of_Kirby
Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shadow_of_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 589 Posts

That's funny.

Sales trends say the Wii is the obvious choice.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 angelkimne
[QUOTE="Guntrix50"]

agreed

also st1ka u must be exgaggerating "online is full of freaks screaming, singing and crying down microphones"st1ka

huh.. i didnt say that :S

price has nothing to do with quality when reffering to video game consolesGuntrix50

true, but the TC was saying "you have to pay for wi-fi" yes you do, except its optional and the 360 is cheaper lessening the hit

How come this is the only thread where you break down posts into multiple quotes ???

That's funny.

Sales trends say the Wii is the obvious choice.

Shadow_of_Kirby

And who buys there consoles based on sales ????

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Ps3's the obvious choice if your in dier need of a useless paperweight.
Avatar image for Shadow_of_Kirby
Shadow_of_Kirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shadow_of_Kirby
Member since 2007 • 589 Posts

That's not what I mean.

I mean it's apparent that most people prefer the Wii, and therefore it's the "obvious choice".

Whether it the best, however...

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts

when you look at the lineup of PS3 eclusives which are true Great exclusives and you will not be able to play thise on PC

Afrika

Aqua

Loir

FF13

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
I agree. My PC was bought in 2005 and had difficulty running Halo 1 lol.elite_ferns1
:lol: With that response you made it clear you don't know to much about computers and aren't really into PC gaming. If you bought a PC in 2005 that had issue being powerful enough to play Halo 1, you got SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY ripped off.
-SoulPSX-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -SoulPSX-
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
Agreed. The 360 is a over priced RROD hunk of junk. No WIFI which the Wii has, horrible hardware, no rechargeable batteries you have to buy separate, no Blu-Ray. Also 50 dollars for Lagfest Live. Halo 3, Forza, and Graw aren't AAAE but boring games.