Why PC is better then a console, CHOICE!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I choose console. I just don't care to spend $26,000 on a game machine.Heirren

Why you so poor!

There's far more important things to spend money on.

Pretty sure I've spent less money on my PC & games than many console gamers out there.
#152 Posted by GamingVengeance (1874 posts) -
Its objectively better in every way, except maybe ease of use
#153 Posted by lostrib (44554 posts) -

I have the choice to buy a ps4 for $600AU(i wish) and have it last for 6+ years.campzor

Apparently you make poor choices in life

#154 Posted by Bigboi500 (31819 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"] I state fact. You state opinion which goes against gamespots tally system which shows PC has the most genres;)

lostrib

Nobody gives a fvck chiko.

lol, someone's butthurt

Yep and it ain't me. :) That would be because I'm not a myopic fanboy who thinks only one peice of plastic is the one, true god.

#155 Posted by lostrib (44554 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Nobody gives a fvck chiko.

Bigboi500

lol, someone's butthurt

Yep and it ain't me. :) That would be because I'm not a myopic fanboy who thinks only one peice of plastic is the one, true god.

Good thing my PC is made out of metal

#156 Posted by Bigboi500 (31819 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lol, someone's butthurt

lostrib

It's also your girlfriend, amirite fanboy? imrite

#157 Posted by lostrib (44554 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Yep and it ain't me. :) That would be because I'm not a myopic fanboy who thinks only one peice of plastic is the one, true god.

Bigboi500

Nope, and you are just horrible at spelling

#158 Posted by Bigboi500 (31819 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

And you're horrible at proper punctuation. :lol:

#159 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

This is pretty horrible

#160 Posted by lostrib (44554 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]It's also your girlfriend, amirite fanboy? imrite

Bigboi500

Oh noes! Whatever will I do! Go bother someone else

#161 Posted by Bigboi500 (31819 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

You started the name-calling, whelp.

#162 Posted by lostrib (44554 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]And you're horrible at proper punctuation. :lol:

Bigboi500

Dont be such a child. Shoo, back to your consoles, peasant.

#163 Posted by Bigboi500 (31819 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

Go back to your blow-up doll, she misses you.

#164 Posted by lostrib (44554 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]You started the name-calling, whelp.

Bigboi500

You really shouldnt project your issues on to others. Done with you, kid.

#165 Posted by Bigboi500 (31819 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

You really shouldnt project your issues on to others. Done with you, kid.

Beat it, oaf.

#166 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

hit the road jack

#167 Posted by Bigboi500 (31819 posts) -

hit the road jack

whiskeystrike

and dontcha come back no mo

#170 Posted by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]There's no discussion to be had about hardware since console don't have that option.

Bigboi500

Which was the whole point...

Stupid point because console gamers prefer the simplicity of plug and play as opposed to having to upgrade and change hardware, so that would be a negative for console gamers.

Also stupid thread because it doesn't allow for any discussion, just trolling.

Well welcome to system wars.

#171 Posted by kraken2109 (13257 posts) -

System wars always manages to make me laugh

#172 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I like consoles over PC because it's easier to pick up and play, it's more convienant. I'm not some super PC guy so I don't want the hassle of setting up my rig and tweaking settings to run games right, I just want to grab my game and play it.

And consoles are more cheaper, PC games are only really cheap during Steam sales, normally they are the same as retail prices, and I don't want to spend money upgrading ever year or two.

Some people like PC gaming, that's good for them. They like spending money on it and learning more about the platform, but I don't like it very much. Aside from RTS games, Morrowind, and Diablo 3 I don't play on PC much. I'm not a fan of mouse and keyboard and it's a pain to set it up on my HDTV, my PS3 is just far more easy.

And this may make some people mad, but it's the truth, I don't really see a big difference between PC and console versions, look at the recent comparison video GS did of Far Cry 3, the PC version didn't look any different from the console versions.

#173 Posted by kraken2109 (13257 posts) -

I like consoles over PC because it's easier to pick up and play, it's more convienant. I'm not some super PC guy so I don't want the hassle of setting up my rig and tweaking settings to run games right, I just want to grab my game and play it.

And consoles are more cheaper, PC games are only really cheap during Steam sales, normally they are the same as retail prices, and I don't want to spend money upgrading ever year or two.

Some people like PC gaming, that's good for them. They like spending money on it and learning more about the platform, but I don't like it very much. Aside from RTS games, Morrowind, and Diablo 3 I don't play on PC much. I'm not a fan of mouse and keyboard and it's a pain to set it up on my HDTV, my PS3 is just far more easy.

And this may make some people mad, but it's the truth, I don't really see a big difference between PC and console versions, look at the recent comparison video GS did of Far Cry 3, the PC version didn't look any different from the console versions.

ShadowMoses900

I don't understand why console gamers use this reason.

My PC is 4 years old, and based on hardware more like 5 years old. It still runs all games at 1080p on high settings with a good framerate. Some of the most demanding games I'm now running on medium, but still at far higher framerates and far better graphics than consoles (e.g. Witcher 2, BF3)

#174 Posted by wis3boi (32098 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

kraken2109

I don't understand why console gamers use this reason.

My PC is 4 years old, and based on hardware more like 5 years old. It still runs all games at 1080p on high settings with a good framerate. Some of the most demanding games I'm now running on medium, but still at far higher framerates and far better graphics than consoles (e.g. Witcher 2, BF3)

because his PC has integrated intel graphics and therefore he cannot actually see a legit comparison outside of youtube, which is not a comparison at all

#175 Posted by GioVela2010 (4304 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="slipknot0129"]

I choose to buy Alienware computers.

Rocker6

I would augh at you for buying such a cheesy and ugly computer, but Hermits actually build there computers to be even brighter cheesier, and uglier

If we have to bring that up, I'd take a bright and cheesy PC any day over an mass produced industrial box lacking any personal touches...

Lol you have LED fans don't you. That's so f****** tacky :D I don't really care what my console looks like, it's behind the tinted glass of my AV Cabinet.
#176 Posted by blackgamer1213 (413 posts) -
I choose console. I just don't care to spend $26,000 on a game machine.Heirren
Gotta love those gross over generalizations about PC prices.
#177 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9550 posts) -

I shove pancakes up my ass.

Jebus213
That post coupled with your avy sent me laughing :P
#178 Posted by blackgamer1213 (413 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
So much ignorance and fear of the unknown how did you fit it into one comment? "t's a pain to set it up on my HDTV," Wow I didn't know connecting an HDMI cord from your PC to your HDTV was so hard. Move PC beside entertainment center plug HDMI in to PC plug other end to TV. That's it. You act like it's some form of Trignometry or programming. Are you trolling or are you really that lazy and/or stupid?
#179 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
lol WTF? launch PC version are generally $10-15 cheaper than console counterpart. You can use your precious console controller if you want to. And you must be fvcking blind to not see the difference between PC & console graphics. Next time if you don't know about something, just shut your mouth, k?
#180 Posted by lowe0 (13692 posts) -
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

blackgamer1213
So much ignorance and fear of the unknown how did you fit it into one comment? "t's a pain to set it up on my HDTV," Wow I didn't know connecting an HDMI cord from your PC to your HDTV was so hard. Move PC beside entertainment center plug HDMI in to PC plug other end to TV. That's it. You act like it's some form of Trignometry or programming. Are you trolling or are you really that lazy and/or stupid?

Why does it have to be attributed to ignorance and fear? Isn't it possible that he's simply not interested?
#181 Posted by clyde46 (47872 posts) -
[QUOTE="blackgamer1213"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

lowe0

Why does it have to be attributed to ignorance and fear? Isn't it possible that he's simply not interested?

Its the posting style, every post he makes about the PC is the same. Its not like he leaves the subject alone which would show that he is not interested in it, he constantly brings up the same argument over and over again.
#182 Posted by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] I would augh at you for buying such a cheesy and ugly computer, but Hermits actually build there computers to be even brighter cheesier, and uglierGioVela2010

If we have to bring that up, I'd take a bright and cheesy PC any day over an mass produced industrial box lacking any personal touches...

Lol you have LED fans don't you. That's so f****** tacky :D I don't really care what my console looks like, it's behind the tinted glass of my AV Cabinet.

So ugly you had to hide it.

#183 Posted by clyde46 (47872 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Bebi_vegeta

So ugly you had the hide it.

End of.
#184 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] I would augh at you for buying such a cheesy and ugly computer, but Hermits actually build there computers to be even brighter cheesier, and uglierGioVela2010

Yeah, I do have blue LED fans in my case. There are small blue LEDs on my mouse and keyboard too, as I was aiming for a black theme with a few drops of blue. Looks easy to the eye, and hardly tacky...

It's also much more preferable than a box that needs to be hidden due to its uglyness! :P

#185 Posted by GioVela2010 (4304 posts) -

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Bebi_vegeta

Uhh no, the AV Cabinet came with tinted glass.
#186 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="blackgamer1213"] So much ignorance and fear of the unknown how did you fit it into one comment? "t's a pain to set it up on my HDTV," Wow I didn't know connecting an HDMI cord from your PC to your HDTV was so hard. Move PC beside entertainment center plug HDMI in to PC plug other end to TV. That's it. You act like it's some form of Trignometry or programming. Are you trolling or are you really that lazy and/or stupid? clyde46

Its the posting style, every post he makes about the PC is the same. Its not like he leaves the subject alone which would show that he is not interested in it, he constantly brings up the same argument over and over again.

On the topic of Shadowmoses, look what I just dug up:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/ShadowMoses900/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-26000050

:P

#187 Posted by Kane04 (2109 posts) -
If anyone wants to compare a console (PS360) with a PC here's a tip for fairness. Compare consoles with 2005 laptops, because a console doesn't have a full on (VHS size) graphic card, they just have a chip much like laptops. So get that high end 2005 laptop GPU couple with 512MB of RAM and lets see how well ME3, AC3, GTAIV and so on run on it. Then Crysis, Metro, GTAIV on ICE and so on. Because the comparison you lot love to do is like smartphone vs C64 or bike vs van, stupid and pointless but what ever boosts your ego I guess.
#188 Posted by Puckhog04 (22809 posts) -

I have the CHOICE!!! of whether or not to pick up the next gen console. Just like you have the CHOICE!!! of whether or not to pick up the $600 videocard that is "next gen". So I don't see the difference other than the Console is cheaper.

#189 Posted by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

If anyone wants to compare a console (PS360) with a PC here's a tip for fairness. Compare consoles with 2005 laptops, because a console doesn't have a full on (VHS size) graphic card, they just have a chip much like laptops. So get that high end 2005 laptop GPU couple with 512MB of RAM and lets see how well ME3, AC3, GTAIV and so on run on it. Then Crysis, Metro, GTAIV on ICE and so on. Because the comparison you lot love to do is like smartphone vs C64 or bike vs van, stupid and pointless but what ever boosts your ego I guess.Kane04

Well that's not fair either because a laptop is portable, not the console.

#190 Posted by clone01 (25458 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="GioVela2010"] Lol you have LED fans don't you. That's so f****** tacky :D I don't really care what my console looks like, it's behind the tinted glass of my AV Cabinet.GioVela2010

Wow. How New Jersey of you.
#191 Posted by Kane04 (2109 posts) -
Well that's not fair either because a laptop is portable, not the console.Bebi_vegeta
But it's closer to a laptop hardware than a desktop one. And you can't really play games on battery anyway.
#192 Posted by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]Well that's not fair either because a laptop is portable, not the console.Kane04
But it's closer to a laptop hardware than a desktop one. And you can't really play games on battery anyway.

Closer ? As in lets kill the advantage the PC has ?

If I have a gaming laptop, then obviously I can play on batterie. Also, Laptop is portable... not your console. If anything, laptop are more like handheld.

#193 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I'll always play console, never have liked playing PC.

#194 Posted by princeofshapeir (15610 posts) -
ShadowMoses and lowe have already come to this thread. The cycle is complete. The trolls have won again.
#195 Posted by Sailor_Enlil (1552 posts) -

I recently upgraded my PC to an Intel i7 3770K CPU (ivy bridge) and a Asus Sabertooth S77 motherboard, only to discover I bought a bad mobo (it wouldn't boot up after hours of changing out the old one, a Gigabyte mobo with an i3 1st gen CPU). Returned the mobo and did manage to get a replacement, 3 days later (because the mobo is an enthusiast's board, very few stocks were kept by the entire store nationwide, and the store branch I bought it from had to request for a replacement from another branch because the one I bought was the only stock that branch had).

Never had a problem with my PS3 (fat version bought wayyy back in 2008), and it can still play the latest games (the ones that store managers imply that they require the slim version). Current game played: Persona 4 Arena, the most fun fighting game I've ever played, and completely non-existent on the PC.

#196 Posted by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

I recently upgraded my PC to an Intel i7 3770K CPU (ivy bridge) and a Asus Sabertooth S77 motherboard, only to discover I bought a bad mobo (it wouldn't boot up after hours of changing out the old one, a Gigabyte mobo with an i3 1st gen CPU). Returned the mobo and did manage to get a replacement, 3 days later (because the mobo is an enthusiast's board, very few stocks were kept by the entire store nationwide, and the store branch I bought it from had to request for a replacement from another branch because the one I bought was the only stock that branch had).

Never had a problem with my PS3 (fat version bought wayyy back in 2008), and it can still play the latest games (the ones that store managers imply that they require the slim version).

Sailor_Enlil

Are you implying that your console isinfallible ?

#197 Posted by lundy86_4 (44650 posts) -

Never had a problem with my PS3 (fat version bought wayyy back in 2008), and it can still play the latest games (the ones that store managers imply that they require the slim version).

Sailor_Enlil

I'm not sure what we're addressing with this point, but yes, electronics are particularly prone failure due to their more delicate nature. Hell, look at the 360.

#198 Posted by Sailor_Enlil (1552 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sailor_Enlil"]

lundy86_4

I'm not sure what we're addressing with this point, but yes, electronics are particularly prone failure due to their more delicate nature. Hell, look at the 360.

Hence I avoided the XBox360 and went for the PS3, where I'm enjoying the latest games without problems, like Persona 4 Arena (which has no release on the PC).

#199 Posted by lundy86_4 (44650 posts) -

Hence I avoided the XBox360 and went for the PS3, where I'm enjoying the latest games without problems, like Persona 4 Arena (which has no release on the PC).

Sailor_Enlil

The PS3 is hardly infallible... Still, my 60gb is going strong. Yep, systems have games that don't release on other systems.

#200 Posted by GioVela2010 (4304 posts) -
[QUOTE="GioVela2010"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

clone01

Wow. How New Jersey of you.

I don't get it