Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

GTA V was the biggest game of last gen. And you "master race" fuckers STILL had to wait like a bunch second class citiezens.

I don't mind waiting for the superior version while the peasantry beta tested the broken online component for months on end. Thanks!

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#202  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@mikhail said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

GTA V was the biggest game of last gen. And you "master race" fuckers STILL had to wait like a bunch second class citiezens.

I don't mind waiting for the superior version while the peasantry beta tested the broken online component for months on end. Thanks!

Funny how that works out....you completely ignore that theory when I mentioned Diablo 3 and The Witcher 2.

And no....GTA V worked great when released.

D3 was complete shit when released and they had to add a tutorial to TW2 b/c of it's shit combat.....thanks for beta testing for consoles. On the other hand...GTA V has been working quite well from the get go.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

You're comparing Ryse to GTA V?

But I never did this. Why are you lying Cranler?

I was merely listing that PS4 and XBOXONE are missing out on many games too. All systems miss out on tons of games. PC just misses out on the least, as per noted via GS and MC data =)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#204  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Lol at "GTA V was biggest game of last gen" . And everyone who thinks Witcher 2 is better on Xbox is in delusion .

PC:

Loading Video...

Xbox 360 :

Loading Video...

Diablo 3 , also gets regular updates on PC unlike console version .

When you wait for a game on PC , you get superior version . When you wait for a game on consoles , it is inferior version . Why .? ..... Oh it's so hard , I don't think I'll be able to answer this question . . . Let me think ... Oh right , because PC hardware is stronger , right .? Wow , it is so hard to understand. /S

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus: You compared the lack of Ryse being on more than one system at the time....and other games to GTA V.

Which is completely 2 different animals.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@mikhail said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Funny how that works out....you completely ignore that theory when I mentioned Diablo 3 and The Witcher 2.

And no....GTA V worked great when released.

D3 was complete shit when released and they had to add a tutorial to TW2 b/c of it's shit combat.....thanks for beta testing for consoles. On the other hand...GTA V has been working quite well from the get go.

TW2? You mean The Enhanced Edition the PC version owners got for free anyway?
I have both 360 and PC version, and while 360 version was actually done really well, PC version is far superior.

As for D3, why would anyone with a sane mind play a lootfest hack-n-slash RPG on anything without a mouse.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus: You compared the lack of Ryse being on more than one system at the time....and other games to GTA V.

Which is completely 2 different animals.

I showed that every system misses out on many games. Thats all I did, and it was a fact.

PC misses out on the least amount of games.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Mr_Huggles_dog

@walloftruth said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

OMG...no wai.

Sorry, but that about ends the discussion for you.

1. You need to learn to comprehend what you're reading, you made a list of games that didn't come to PC/came late to PC, he in return made a list that didn't come to PS4 and used it as an example to show you that not every platform gets every game.

2. Why do you get so awfully emotional? No need to be mad, there's always a place for console peasants in the world, no worries.

Yeah yeah.....whatever....I'm wrong - you're right....and I'm just sooooooo illogical.

Actually, I was about to go off on you....but I'm getting caught up in the shit thats going down with the losers of this board....and it's almost become natural at this point.

Ummm....I'll just say that the exclusivness (timed or not) of GTA V is not the same as the exclusvieness of Ryse.

Fair enough?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@walloftruth said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

OMG...no wai.

Sorry, but that about ends the discussion for you.

1. You need to learn to comprehend what you're reading, you made a list of games that didn't come to PC/came late to PC, he in return made a list that didn't come to PS4 and used it as an example to show you that not every platform gets every game.

2. Why do you get so awfully emotional? No need to be mad, there's always a place for console peasants in the world, no worries.

Yeah yeah.....whatever....I'm wrong - you're right....and I'm just sooooooo illogical.

Yup

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@walloftruth said:

Yup

I need a citation for proof of that.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#213 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Yup

Here ya go:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I'm wrong - you're right.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Mr_Huggles_dog

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Yup

Here ya go:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

But thats only my opinion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: then take it up with yourself.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@walloftruth said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@walloftruth said:

Actually, I was about to go off on you....but I'm getting caught up in the shit thats going down with the losers of this board....and it's almost become natural at this point.

Ummm....I'll just say that the exclusivness (timed or not) of GTA V is not the same as the exclusvieness of Ryse.

Fair enough?

Of course it's not the same since GTA V was never exclusive, the PC version existed the whole time, it just wasn't released at the same time as the last-gen version because the PC version is "next-gen" so they're releasing it with the next-gen (current-gen now) consoles.

Wait...now we're talking about games.

I thought you wanted in on the loser community scapegoat anti challenge.

Anyway...if you really want to talk about games....which I've wanted to do the whole night....I'll reply later.

I'm gonna go relax.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

Another good question is why does a console exclusive like Destiny have much better graphics than these 2 pc exclusives Robotrip brings up?

Are you really asking why a FPS has better graphics than a 4X and a MMORPG?

Why would other genre's get a free pass on graphics?

So you're saying that an addon to a 10 year old game should look better than a game that's not even released yet?

You said fps are supposed to have better graphics than mmo's.

Why haven't WoW's graphics been modernized?

The expansion isn't out yet btw.

So basically they're supposed to REDO the whole game every few years? But hey, if you wanna play this game then fine, so why does Crysis 3 on PC, which is nothing more than an "uprezzed 360 port" has much better graphics than a console exclusive like Destiny?

Crysis 3 pc is for a very minute portion of pc gamers. All the popular pc games have worse graphics than Destiny.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Cranler

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

So you're saying that an addon to a 10 year old game should look better than a game that's not even released yet?

So basically they're supposed to REDO the whole game every few years? But hey, if you wanna play this game then fine, so why does Crysis 3 on PC, which is nothing more than an "uprezzed 360 port" has much better graphics than a console exclusive like Destiny?

Crysis 3 pc is for a very minute portion of pc gamers. All the popular pc games have worse graphics than Destiny.

Nope, Arma III, modded Crysis 1, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, modded Skryim are all popular PC games and look better than Destiny.

By popular I was speaking of the most popular pc games like Crossfire, LoL, WoW, Dota 2 etc.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#221  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@funsohng said:

@Jag85:

TERA: screwed up with balance, weak post-game contents, etc. Maybe it did better here, but in Korea? Not by a longshot

Vindictus: Lack of contents, crazy microtransation.

Arche Age: Notable for simulating unintentional serfdom. Also balance problems.

Blade & Soul: Weak post-game contents

AION: Do I need to go on?

Japanese games are now full of fan-service-only otaku bullsh*ts that the more I see, the more I am disgusted by it. For example, I'm playing Sen no Kiseki right now, and while its gameplay is actually damn interesting, the cookie-cutter enviornment and cliched characters just makes me not want to play it sometimes. Sure, bad characters and stories are what the gaming industry suffers in general, but at least in the West, they try to do something different. In Japan? Not many instances of such bravery. All I see is quick cash-ins with very rare occasion of something truly novel. Yeah, yeah Nintendo and From Software is from Japan, but they are more of an anomaly now. You can see the trend for yourself better if you are familiar with gaming scene in East Asia.

None of that disproves what I said about Koreans making the best MMO's. They all have their fair share of flaws, but at least they're light-years ahead of Western MMO's like WOW.

You do realize "Otaku" games are a niche market, right? Most of the mainstream Japanese games have hardly any of the "Otaku bullsh*ts" you're referring to. You're just picking out niche little games that were never intended for mainstream audiences to begin with and using that as a representation of what mainstream Japanese games are supposed to be like. No matter what industry you look at, the majority of products are always going to be trash, i.e. like what Sturgeon's law says. This is true in both East Asia and the Western world. You don't judge an industry by its lower-tier titles, but by its upper-tier titles.

As for story and characters, Japanese visual novel games (which are a mostly PC-centric genre) are light-years ahead of Western games in that department. Most Western "AAA" games are not "brave" at all, but most of them recycle the same old Hollywood formula and rarely ever deviate from it. The writing in Japanese visual novel games make most Western game writing look derivative, unoriginal and badly-written in comparison.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Yup

Here ya go:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

lol rekt.

this post is so good for popcorn

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#223  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@Cranler said:
@walloftruth said:
@Cranler said:

Nope, Arma III, modded Crysis 1, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, modded Skryim are all popular PC games and look better than Destiny.

By popular I was speaking of the most popular pc games like Crossfire, LoL, WoW, Dota 2 etc.

Just because those are the most popular, it does not mean the games he mentioned are not popular as well. His point still stands.

edit: took out some of the quotes to make the post less bulky.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

"For a PC game to have better gfx than consoles, it must also be the most popular."

-@Cranler 2014

I don't even thing LoosingEnds at his prime ever would say something so moronic........he really just responded to PC having better looking games than Destiny with a popularity comparison....

I just can't....rofl...

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#225  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

I only play on pc and there are no games I want to play right now, I'll give the consoles that. This year has sucked hard for pc games unless you are into turn based rpgs or glitchy early access games. Played Archeage, what a freaking bore, Elite Dangerous, horrendously not fun, Divinity, pulse pounding snorefest. All the PC games are tedious grindfests with no real excitement. Dragon Age has a chance but other than that I have no hope.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

"For a PC game to have better gfx than consoles, it must also be the most popular."

-@Cranler 2014

I don't even thing LoosingEnds at his prime ever would say something so moronic........he really just responded to PC having better looking games than Destiny with a popularity comparison....

I just can't....rofl...

:D

Destiny will get a delayed release on pc too , just saiyan

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Cranler

@The_Stand_In said:

@Cranler said:
@walloftruth said:
@Cranler said:

Just because those are the most popular, it does not mean the games he mentioned are not popular as well. His point still stands.

You do realize there are alot of game that have FAR more players than those listed right. Not all that popular in comparison.

@RoboCopISJesus said:

-@Cranler 2014

I just can't....rofl...

Comprehension fail and/or putting words in my mouth.

I was simply pointing out that a very small percentage of pc gamers actually play cutting edge games. Do you deny this?

League of Legends all by itself has more players that all the cutting edge mp games on pc, so does WoW, Crossfire. Wolrd of Tanks is one of the most demanding popular pc games and even it's min req is below last gen consoles capabilities.

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

So bascially you're comparing decade old games and free to play games that can be played on decade old computers with Destiny, a next-gen game that's not even out and that costs $60-$70 without DLC and was primary made for next-gen consoles (current-gen now)? And that's logical to you?

The op is claiming that pc is at the forefront of gaming based on revenue and hardware sales. Am I wrong for pointing out that the majority of this revenue is from technically outdated games? How is a bunch of people playing a dumbed down version of Counterstrike with 90's graphics put pc gaming at the forefront?

If consoles hadn't been banned in China then consoles would have the most revenue.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Cranler

@walloftruth said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

-@Cranler 2014

I just can't....rofl...

If you can't win an argument with facts then you have to twist the facts until they fit your agenda -@cows

Whose a cow? You realize you're responding to a person who is misquoting me right?

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#232 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@Jag85 said:

That's just wishful thinking. Over a decade ago, people thought mobile gaming was just a Japanese fad, yet mobile gaming is now a huge worldwide industry. It's only a matter of time before mobile gaming eventually catches up to console/PC gaming elsewhere in the world.

The problem is that mobile gaming only works for F2P titles.Nothing else. People used to think it would be different, that as it grew mobile gaming would start to also cater to more demanding audience, but this proved to be just a wishful thinking. The situation isn't improving. In fact it's getting worse and everyone who thing this will change is just fooling himself.

There will always be people who prefer more complex non F2P games, so no matter how big mobile gaming gets pcgaming will survive, even if just to cater to this audience

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#233 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Why do you think the ports have sucked on PC for so long.

Because there was no big DD channel like Steam.So making a pc version was much riskier. There's a reason why ports stopped sucking soon after Xbox 360 launched. Since then majority of ports have been good. In fact currently pcgamers got so spoiled that a straight port, every bit as good as console version, is considered "bad" by many

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Cranler

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@The_Stand_In said:

@Cranler said:
@walloftruth said:
@Cranler said:

You do realize there are alot of game that have FAR more players than those listed right. Not all that popular in comparison.

I was simply pointing out that a very small percentage of pc gamers actually play cutting edge games. Do you deny this?

League of Legends all by itself has more players that all the cutting edge mp games on pc, so does WoW, Crossfire. Wolrd of Tanks is one of the most demanding popular pc games and even it's min req is below last gen consoles capabilities.

1. Those games will also have FAR more players than Destiny, so judging from that, Destiny won't be all that popular in comparison as well.

2. Most cutting-edge games don't have the replayabily that games like LoL, Dota2, WoW etc offer. Your cutting-edge doesn't mean a damn thing, look at Killzone Shadow Fall, it's cutting-edge but barely anyone plays it. Good gameplay is way more important than good graphics. This also proves that most PC gamers aren't graphic whores.

3. LoL has also more players than all the cutting-edge games on consoles, so what's your point?

1. Destiny will have more players than all those games you listed combined

2. It proves most pc gamers rigs are way behind consoles capabilities

3. The so called master race spends most of it's time playing games that the 360 could easily play

Console gaming is driving technical innovation in gaming and the only reason pc has more revenue is because China banned consoles for 14 years

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts
@Cranler said:

Console gaming is driving technical innovation in gaming...

So we can thank consolites for NVIDIA and AMD's forthcoming GPUs? How about Intel and AMD's next line of CPUs?

Thank you consolites, for continuing to raise the bar and motivating manufacturers to improve their technology while you guys continue to struggle displaying 1080p at 60 fps... /s

"Bu-bu-but, GDDR5, teh cloud, APU powah, and optimization."

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/12/pc-gaming-hardware-worth-double-console-gaming-market-value-report/

PC drives forward most technical innovations. PC is where the newest and strongest tech hardware is birthed and used. PC is where the best new game engines are born. PC is always where we first see the new gfx effects that are used later on Consoles.

Unless that idiot was talking about Kinect, lol.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@funsohng said:

@Jag85:

TERA: screwed up with balance, weak post-game contents, etc. Maybe it did better here, but in Korea? Not by a longshot

Vindictus: Lack of contents, crazy microtransation.

Arche Age: Notable for simulating unintentional serfdom. Also balance problems.

Blade & Soul: Weak post-game contents

AION: Do I need to go on?

Japanese games are now full of fan-service-only otaku bullsh*ts that the more I see, the more I am disgusted by it. For example, I'm playing Sen no Kiseki right now, and while its gameplay is actually damn interesting, the cookie-cutter enviornment and cliched characters just makes me not want to play it sometimes. Sure, bad characters and stories are what the gaming industry suffers in general, but at least in the West, they try to do something different. In Japan? Not many instances of such bravery. All I see is quick cash-ins with very rare occasion of something truly novel. Yeah, yeah Nintendo and From Software is from Japan, but they are more of an anomaly now. You can see the trend for yourself better if you are familiar with gaming scene in East Asia.

None of that disproves what I said about Koreans making the best MMO's. They all have their fair share of flaws, but at least they're light-years ahead of Western MMO's like WOW.

You do realize "Otaku" games are a niche market, right? Most of the mainstream Japanese games have hardly any of the "Otaku bullsh*ts" you're referring to. You're just picking out niche little games that were never intended for mainstream audiences to begin with and using that as a representation of what mainstream Japanese games are supposed to be like. No matter what industry you look at, the majority of products are always going to be trash, i.e. like what Sturgeon's law says. This is true in both East Asia and the Western world. You don't judge an industry by its lower-tier titles, but by its upper-tier titles.

As for story and characters, Japanese visual novel games (which are a mostly PC-centric genre) are light-years ahead of Western games in that department. Most Western "AAA" games are not "brave" at all, but most of them recycle the same old Hollywood formula and rarely ever deviate from it. The writing in Japanese visual novel games make most Western game writing look derivative, unoriginal and badly-written in comparison.

lol. I'm assuming you are basing this off from Steins;poop? When Japanese make a game story that is even as remotely deep as Spec Ops: The Line, I will consider it "good". Most of the so-called visual novel "games" you refer to are either cliched rom-coms or pretentious bullsh*t that are either ruined by the anime caricature characters (i.e. nitro+ games) or just not good enough to begin with (i.e. fs/n). Sure, Western games don't have good stories, but really, not many games in general actually have good stories anyway. And Western RPG makers are far better at creating a cohesive, interesting and often socially relevant lore.

And I do see the high tier games. With the exception of Capcom, Level 5 and Nintendo, most of Japanese games I see are heavily marketed towards otakus. That's how Musou series got bigger, that's how Falcom games became more popular.

You say WoW is worse than Korean MMOs? Then tell me, why does every single Korean MMO fans I know tell me that all Korean MMOs do are rehash of WoW and a hint of Lineage? Why is it that the gamers in Korea still complain about post-WoW Korean MMOs being inferior than WoW? You would probably not know because you are not from Korea, let alone East Asia.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Cranler

@Dasein808 said:
@Cranler said:

Console gaming is driving technical innovation in gaming...

So we can thank consolites for NVIDIA and AMD's forthcoming GPUs? How about Intel and AMD's next line of CPUs?

Thank you consolites, for continuing to raise the bar and motivating manufacturers to improve their technology while you guys continue to struggle displaying 1080p at 60 fps... /s

"Bu-bu-but, GDDR5, teh cloud, APU powah, and optimization."

Don't confuse technical innovation in gaming with hardware innovation.

Game devs have been waiting on the new consoles to push games to new boundaries.

@RoboCopISJesus said:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/12/pc-gaming-hardware-worth-double-console-gaming-market-value-report/

PC drives forward most technical innovations. PC is where the newest and strongest tech hardware is birthed and used. PC is where the best new game engines are born. PC is always where we first see the new gfx effects that are used later on Consoles.

Another one confusing gaming and hardware innovation.

Have you noticed how the most demanding games of the year are all multiplats?

Consolites buy 1 or 2 consoles and then buy nothing else for years while many pc gamers spend more initially and then are upgrading every 2-3 years.

For all we know China's banning of consoles could be the sole reason why pc hardware sales are higher. China certainly is the reason for pc game revenue to be higher than console.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Dasein808

@Cranler said:

What exactly is the Cranler definition of, "technical innovation in gaming?"

Are we talking about all those motion based interfaces that have nearly all been scrapped for the gimmicks they are? The PS4's touchpad?

How about PCs' "technical innovation in gaming" (i.e. technical innovation that fundamentally altered the way in which games are played and acquired: ethernet ports, online multiplayer gaming, digital distribution, the USB standard, APUs, etc.)

I'm quite curious to learn what the consoles have given back versus what they've taken.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 mikhail

@Cranler said:

Consolites buy 1 or 2 consoles and then buy nothing else for years while many pc gamers spend more initially and then are upgrading every 2-3 years.

What you really are saying is "Consolites buy one console and then are stuck with the same hardware for up to ten years, while PC gamers have the option of upgrading periodically if they choose to."

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

For all we know China's banning of consoles could be the sole reason why pc hardware sales are higher. China certainly is the reason for pc game revenue to be higher than console.

Nothing you wrote refutes the post you quoted.

Also, it's not PC hardware sales. It's pc GAMINGhardware sales. That is performance parts and peripherals. Read the article.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Cranler

@mikhail said:

@Cranler said:

What you really are saying is "Consolites buy one console and then are stuck with the same hardware for up to ten years, while PC gamers have the option of upgrading periodically if they choose to."

Consolites decide to buy a console and stick with that. I could be wrong and it could just be China's console ban that drove pc hardware sales so high.

@Dasein808 said:

@Cranler said:

Are we talking about all those motion based interfaces that have nearly all been scrapped for the gimmicks they are? The PS4's touchpad?

How about PCs' "technical innovation in gaming" (i.e. ethernet ports, online multiplayer gaming, the USB standard, APUs, etc.)

I'm quite curious to learn what the consoles have given back versus what they've taken.

How about a little comparison

PC exclusive open world zombie game

Console timed exclusive open world zombie game

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#243  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@lordlors said:

So you see? It is PC gaming that is at the forefront of the industry. It is where the ripples of change start. Consoles this gen are just PC wannabees.

Translation:

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Dasein808
@Cranler said:

How about I ignore your questions and make a transparently distorted little comparison

So, you've got nothing?

Direct question ignored, followed by a distorted comparison.

Classic Cranler in pathetic troll mode.

Consoles introduced open world gaming? That's interesting considering that, within the realm of consensually shared reality, the original GTA debuted on PCs before it was ever released on the PS1.

I have no idea what the first game is, but the second shot looks like DR3; a game with a considerably higher budget than whatever Chinese or Russian zombie game that you've found to supply the first screenshot.

So ... yeah, I've grown to expect nothing less from you.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:
@Dasein808 said:

@Cranler said:

How about PCs' "technical innovation in gaming" (i.e. ethernet ports, online multiplayer gaming, the USB standard, APUs, etc.)

That literally addresses @Dasein808 post in 0 ways......absolutely zero.... PC is where all the tech comes from first for future consoles, literally the tech/hardware creator. What hardware/tech did ps4 or xbone create? Kinect and Move ......lol?

And DeadRising3 is not exclusive. Its also a PC title...

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By mikhail

lol, Cranler comparison.

Takes a AAA console/multiplatform game and then does a Google search to find the most piece of shit unknown game on PC to compare it to, declares a win.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Cranler
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Also, it's not PC hardware sales. It's pc GAMINGhardware sales. That is performance parts and peripherals. Read the article.

Stop nitpicking. Banning consoles in a country with a population of 1 billion will have huge affects on the gaming industry. We need regional pc gaming hardware sales data to see how much the console ban in China affected console and pc GAMING hardware sales.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Stop nitpicking. Banning consoles in a country with a population of 1 billion will have huge affects on the gaming industry. We need regional pc gaming hardware sales data to see how much the console ban in China affected console hardware sales.

What the **** am I reading......

PC drives tech advancement. All the latest tech is on PC first, then passed down into next gen consoles. This is a fact this gen. Look at the hardware specs of the new consoles.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Cranler

@Dasein808 said:
@Cranler said:

How about I ignore your questions and make a transparently distorted little comparison

So you've got nothing?

Direct question ignored, followed by a distorted comparison.

Classic Cranler in pathetic troll mode.

Consoles introduced open world gaming? That's interesting considering that the original GTA debuted on PCs before it was ever released on the PS1.

I have no idea what the first game is, but the second shot looks like DR3; a game with a considerably higher budget than whatever Chinese or Russian zombie game that you've found to supply the first screenshot.

So ... yeah, I've grown to expect nothing less from you.

Those pics perfectly illustrates why I see consoles being the driving force that's pushing games to new levels. Highest npc counts ever in an open wolrd game is a technical innovation in my book.

@mikhail said:

lol, Cranler comparison.

Takes a AAA console/multiplatform game and then does a Google search to find the most piece of shit unknown game on PC to compare it to, declares a win.

As we speak more people are playing that "shit unknown game" as you call it than Divinity Original Sin. Are you even a pc gamer?

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:
@Dasein808 said:

@Cranler said:

That literally addresses @Dasein808 post in 0 ways......absolutely zero.... PC is where all the tech comes from first for future consoles, literally the tech/hardware creator. What hardware/tech did ps4 or xbone create? Kinect and Move ......lol?

And DeadRising3 is not exclusive. Its also a PC title...

See above.

Thats why I wrote console timed exclusive above the pic.