Why PC gaming is at the forefront of the industry

#151 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5589 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

Hahahahaha, nah bro, maybe in your world of make believe.

You don't have Blu Ray... you don't have GDDR5.. fuck you guys haven't even gotten to the Cell Broadband Engine phase.

You don't even have real HD. You guys just think your game looks crisp because you're hunched over a tiny screen while I'm playing in true 1080p on a real HDTV.

lol let's not even get started on controllers here, I play games I don't type spread sheets son.

And the games? You bring up the FUCKING GAMES??? lmao you crazy son. Everyone knows consoles have the best games and all the games for hardcore gamers. PC games are ALWAYS rated at a lower standard. Now I bet you're going to inflate your list with casual shit like Farmville, Mindcraft, World of Warland, Star Citizen, etc...

As soon as PC starts getting REAL games like Uncharted or something then we'll talk.

lol

Throwing in the towel already? I see.

It's better this way, the ownage was probably too much.

Mark down another win 4 dem console boyz

Consoles #1 for life, home of the hardcore game stuff. PS: I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast.

#152 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (735 posts) -

I agree Japan is doomed, they never evolved.

They love their lack of freedom and expression. Bunch of handheld casuals.

#153 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

I keep forgetting handhelds are included in console sales for most analysis companies lol..... mass non gamer sales ftl.

#154 Posted by freedomfreak (40901 posts) -

I don't care about what you did to your sister.

You're still good in my book.

#155 Posted by AdrianWerner (28058 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

As soon as PC starts getting REAL games like Uncharted or something then we'll talk.

Real games like Uncharted? It already did - Dragon's Lair was released on PC in 1992

#156 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5589 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I don't care about what you did to your sister.

You're still good in my book.

#157 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Well considering they have more high rated games , high rated exclusives, sales, competitive level, best gfx, best performance, and the best version of most games (multiplats)....than any other system...

I'm sure that makes something a game machine right?

I don't think you get it Robo.

The time has come where graphics are really good on consoles. People don't want to spend $1700 on a machine to run the one exclusive anyone talks about on PC....Star Citizen.

The PS4 might be weaker than your normal out of the gate console....but it really doesn't matter. Games like Infamous look great....enough to satisfy ppls eyes candy needs, for sure. Then you have the great console exclusives.

There will always be games that are destined for greatness on the PC....like TES games...where mods are half the reason you buy the game, but those are getting fewer and fewer.

People finally have great looking games on their consoles and ppl are happy with that. I think thats why so many of you PC fanboys act the way you do on these boards....you know ppl have interest in certain types of games on the PC...and thats it. People either buy a PC to play WOW, or TF2, or LOL, stuff like that....and the PC has not meat in the AAA revenue department....the devs and publishers know that....and it scares you.

1. No citation.

2. None of my points were refuted. PC still has the most aaa-aa games. The most software/hardware sales. The best version of most video games (multiplats). The best competitive scene. The best gfx/performance.

So some our multiplats don't sell the "best", at least they play the best all while we get more high-rated exclusives than the other systems.

No other 1 system can do that. You have to combined 3 or more.

Why are you crossing out what ppl say....do you not want the painful truth to be read while you're replying.

I wasn't trying to refute anything you said....I've learned that you just babble on about crap the majority of the time.

I don't need a citation for whats known....you really want a citation for ppls comfort levels regarding eye candy? The proof is in the sales. People are buying the PS4 end over end....I'm pretty sure thats b/c lots and lots of ppl keep telling their friends they love it....so their friends go out and buy one....and so on.

And we've already discussed what you think a AAA-AA game is in your opinion. You think indy games if they are popular are AAA games....thats shit, dude.

I'll even give you that PC has more AAA-AA games that all consoles put together....but you know what...they sure do still sell like shit on PC. Thats why you get shitty ports not optimized for PC.....b/c who the hell would want to put the time into making games work great for a platform where it's not going to sell well b/c:

1. The ppl on that platform are still playing games like CS 1.6 and WOW and shit

2. or they are just going to pirate the game

I have like 30 friends on my Steam account....30% of them don't buy new games until they are dirt cheap on Steam Sales....70% don't buy them at all.

#158 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

I keep forgetting handhelds are included in console sales for most analysis companies lol..... mass non gamer sales ftl.

What analysis? All the ones I see count handhelds as mobile.

#159 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5589 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

As soon as PC starts getting REAL games like Uncharted or something then we'll talk.

Real games like Uncharted? It already did - Dragon's Lair was released on PC in 1992

You need to step on with that casual cartoon shit. My uncle Wilikin played that "game" and said you can't even die lol. Looks like some stupid Nintendo game anyways.

Name one PC game that looks even as good as Uncharted 2. Just 1!

Yeah, that's right, you can't.

Show me just 1 game on PC that seemlessly blends the best shooting, the best platforming and the best puzzle solving the industry has ever seen into a cinematic thrill ride with a story better than most movies and dare I say, even books.

... yeah, thought so.

Hit the road chump.

Chalk up another score for dem console boyz.

#160 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

RoboCopISJesus, did you stop posting with Jankarcop because people were harassing you?

Robocop is a better account name though.

Robo is Jankar? I remember Jankar admitted to not even being a pc gamer. I think Jankar got banned for making threats.

#161 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

As soon as PC starts getting REAL games like Uncharted or something then we'll talk.

Real games like Uncharted? It already did - Dragon's Lair was released on PC in 1992

And thats where the problem lies.

PC gamers are stuck living in 1999 or 2004 playing CS 1.6, or BF2 with mods, or HL2 and CS: Source or something.

Now they play F2P games b/c 1999 had great games and games now suck. Most finiky group of gamers I've ever known. If the game doesn't tailor to each persons individual wants....the game isn't hardcore.

This games too easy....this games too hard....this game lacks depth....this game doesn't look good....this game port sucks...this game has no replay value....this game is too casual...this game doesn't have a robust settings menu...this game's UI sucks....this game isn't this or that.

#162 Posted by AdrianWerner (28058 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

This games too easy....this games too hard....this game lacks depth....this game doesn't look good....this game port sucks...this game has no replay value....this game is too casual...this game doesn't have a robust settings menu...this game's UI sucks....this game isn't this or that.

That's the beautify of it. There's about 10 times more games on PCs, thousands times more compared to current gen consoles. Everybody who won't find something exactly for himself can always just pick the closest thing and tweak it/mod it to be perfect for him.

#163 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Even more information proving PC is the forfront of the industry, thanks.

For the wrong reasons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

I can give my opinions too, on actual non-gamer trash that is worse than the game you showed (that game actually can requires skill).....but still sells: lolmadden lolpokemon lolWii(U) lolKinect

Madden requires no skill? Go play online and see how quickly you ragequit over getting pwned.

Farmville and Sims say high.

#164 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

This games too easy....this games too hard....this game lacks depth....this game doesn't look good....this game port sucks...this game has no replay value....this game is too casual...this game doesn't have a robust settings menu...this game's UI sucks....this game isn't this or that.

That's the beautify of it. There's about 10 times more games on PCs, thousands times more compared to current gen consoles. Everybody who won't find something exactly for himself can always just pick the closest thing and tweak it/mod it to be perfect for him.

Right...but to counter Robo's claim....they are not AAA games. Universally really good. They're niche games.

Just about anyone who plays The Last of US or Uncharted.....at the very least says "yeah...it was good" Maybe they don't think it was great or whatever...but most think it was at least decent. Of course you have the few jaded souls that hate just about anything.

But those niche games on PC....they're good b/c they're niche games. I have about 10 indy games half of which are still in Early Access on my Steam Wishlist....and they are all my types of games.

But they lack what makes AAA games on consoles great AAA games....that unified experience that great devs have to make a game that speaks to most ppl. Voice acting....lip syncing....story.....music....all that stuff that adds up that everyone generally wants in a entertainment experience.

Thats what those 10 indy games on my Wishlist lack.

#165 Edited by AdrianWerner (28058 posts) -
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Right...but to counter Robo's claim....they are not AAA games. Universally really good. They're niche games.

There's no such thing as "universally good games". Even TLOU doesn't count as that. The closest to this you can find is propably some ultra casual mobile or browser games as they target the widest possible audience and thus have best chance of having most gamers consider them good.

TloU is terribly niche game in a grand scheme of things.The whole console market is .

#166 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Right...but to counter Robo's claim....they are not AAA games. Universally really good. They're niche games.

There's no such thing as "universally good games". Even TLOU doesn't count as that. The closest to this you can find is propably some ultra casual mobile or browser games as they target the widest possible audience and thus have best chance of having most gamers consider them good.

TloU is terribly niche game in a grand scheme of things.The whole console market is .

Don't take it literally for the sake of mocking my point.

Generally speaking there are games loved by many. Half Life 2 is one of them. The movie The Avengers was a movie lots of ppl liked....not b/c it was niche and gained praise through word of mouth from comic book geek to comic book geek. It's not some niche movie. It's b/c some ppl know how to write a story....with character interactions....and good action....and struggle and sound.....and music....and cinematography.

Thats the same as games.

Just b/c you make a game a lot of ppl like doens't mean you're a sellout....and liking a game lots of other like doesn't make you a casual sheep. There are certain things ppl want in their entertainment. Some games have this....some movies have this....some songs have this...some comics have this....a universal appeal.

There are more console games that are loved by the majority not b/c they are niche games for a certain group of ppl....but b/c what they do....they do well.

I like hearing about a game from others....that so many like...and playing it and going "Wow..this game is really that good." Like Uncharted or TLoU or MGS4. And in turn I like telling others about a game I liked and hearing that they liked it as well.

This whole thing where popular games suck b/c they're casual is overrated. I don't know who started it....but it doesn't make you a sheep....it makes you not an asshole that is jaded and proclaims all sorts of faults in something that are only grand in your (not you sepcifically) b/c you can't enjoy a game for fun and can't immerse yourself.

#167 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Right...but to counter Robo's claim....they are not AAA games. Universally really good. They're niche games.

There's no such thing as "universally good games". Even TLOU doesn't count as that. The closest to this you can find is propably some ultra casual mobile or browser games as they target the widest possible audience and thus have best chance of having most gamers consider them good.

TloU is terribly niche game in a grand scheme of things.The whole console market is .

GTA V is the fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion. You call that niche?

#168 Edited by MK-Professor (3827 posts) -
@ConanTheStoner said:

@AdrianWerner said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

As soon as PC starts getting REAL games like Uncharted or something then we'll talk.

Real games like Uncharted? It already did - Dragon's Lair was released on PC in 1992

You need to step on with that casual cartoon shit. My uncle Wilikin played that "game" and said you can't even die lol. Looks like some stupid Nintendo game anyways.

Name one PC game that looks even as good as Uncharted 2. Just 1!

Yeah, that's right, you can't.

Show me just 1 game on PC that seemlessly blends the best shooting, the best platforming and the best puzzle solving the industry has ever seen into a cinematic thrill ride with a story better than most movies and dare I say, even books.

... yeah, thought so.

Hit the road chump.

Chalk up another score for dem console boyz.

This post goes straight to the nominations for Delusional Post of the Year!!!

#169 Edited by MiiiiV (501 posts) -
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@AdrianWerner said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

As soon as PC starts getting REAL games like Uncharted or something then we'll talk.

Real games like Uncharted? It already did - Dragon's Lair was released on PC in 1992

And thats where the problem lies.

PC gamers are stuck living in 1999 or 2004 playing CS 1.6, or BF2 with mods, or HL2 and CS: Source or something.

Now they play F2P games b/c 1999 had great games and games now suck. Most finiky group of gamers I've ever known. If the game doesn't tailor to each persons individual wants....the game isn't hardcore.

This games too easy....this games too hard....this game lacks depth....this game doesn't look good....this game port sucks...this game has no replay value....this game is too casual...this game doesn't have a robust settings menu...this game's UI sucks....this game isn't this or that.

We have many sophisticated games like Civ 5, Arma 3, Total War Rome 2 etc. I'm a console gamer to and enjoy gaming on both platforms but to say that pc gamers have been stuck since 2004 is really preposterous.

#170 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

shooter mcgavin
he eats pieces of shit for breakfast.

#171 Posted by Gue1 (10192 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

I agree Japan is doomed, they never evolved.

They love their lack of freedom and expression. Bunch of handheld casuals.

you say that joking but for someone like me that grew up on anime and Japanese games is very sad to see them decline.

#172 Posted by Jag85 (4584 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

I agree Japan is doomed, they never evolved.

They love their lack of freedom and expression. Bunch of handheld casuals.

What's happening in Japan today is more or less going to happen to the rest of the world sooner or later... Mobile gaming overtaking console/PC gaming.

#173 Posted by lordlors (5610 posts) -
@Jag85 said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

I agree Japan is doomed, they never evolved.

They love their lack of freedom and expression. Bunch of handheld casuals.

What's happening in Japan today is more or less going to happen to the rest of the world sooner or later... Mobile gaming overtaking console/PC gaming.

False. Japan's very tight spaces in its cities,reliance of trains for its transportation, and rapid increase of old age population do not resemble the whole world especially America. There is saturation in the mobile market and mobile games are being sold very cheaply. The $30-$60 video games are not threatened by the mobile game market. This is why Japan will have less and less relevance in the future. Who wants to make games for 80 year olds? Wii anyone?

#174 Posted by Heirren (17310 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

I agree Japan is doomed, they never evolved.

They love their lack of freedom and expression. Bunch of handheld casuals.

What's happening in Japan today is more or less going to happen to the rest of the world sooner or later... Mobile gaming overtaking console/PC gaming.

I don't think so. Social Media will die out like most things. The form and funchtion of mobile communication will change. I am thinking the opposite. I think down the road games will return to a more social outing.

#175 Edited by AdrianWerner (28058 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:
v

This whole thing where popular games suck b/c they're casual is overrated. I don't know who started it....but it doesn't make you a sheep....it makes you not an asshole that is jaded and proclaims all sorts of faults in something that are only grand in your (not you sepcifically) b/c you can't enjoy a game for fun and can't immerse yourself.

Except that PC's most popular games dwarf the most popular console ones popularity wise. But then you just keep on inventing new criterias untill you finally find one what fits your agenda.

#176 Edited by AdrianWerner (28058 posts) -

@Cranler said:

GTA V is the fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion. You call that niche?

Because it's very expenisive product per one unit. Will you say China's luxury yacht business is mainstream just because it makes 8 billion dollars a year?

#177 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Even more information proving PC is the forfront of the industry, thanks.

For the wrong reasons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

I can give my opinions too, on actual non-gamer trash that is worse than the game you showed (that game actually can requires skill).....but still sells: lolmadden lolpokemon lolWii(U) lolKinect

Madden requires no skill? Go play online and see how quickly you ragequit over getting pwned.

Farmville and Sims say high.

I thought it was amazing that he claimed the game you showed (an Assassin's Creed game) actually requires skill, then went on to classify the Wii U as non-gamer trash that sells.

#178 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@funsohng said:

If Japan had strong PC industry, they would still make mediocre games, just on PC and not consoles.

Look at Korea. Strong PC industry. Sh*tty games. Pretty self-explanatory.

The game industries in Japan and Korea are almost nothing alike.

Besides, Korea generally makes the best MMO's... unless you mean MMO's are "Sh*tty" games in general.

Really? The last "good" MMO from Korea was... I don't know. I can't even remember one cuz it's been so long since that actually happened.

And what does Korea and Japan being different has to do with anything? West and Japan are different yet that didn't stop TC from saying PC's absence is what made Japan bad at making games. I'm just saying they are bad at making games regardless of PC.

#179 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@Cranler said:

GTA V is the fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion. You call that niche?

Because it's very expenisive product per one unit. Will you say China's luxury yacht business is mainstream just because it makes 8 billion dollars a year?

Comparing a $60.00 product to a $60,000,000 dollar product? Really? LOL!

#180 Posted by lordlors (5610 posts) -

@funsohng said:

@Jag85 said:
@funsohng said:

If Japan had strong PC industry, they would still make mediocre games, just on PC and not consoles.

Look at Korea. Strong PC industry. Sh*tty games. Pretty self-explanatory.

The game industries in Japan and Korea are almost nothing alike.

Besides, Korea generally makes the best MMO's... unless you mean MMO's are "Sh*tty" games in general.

Really? The last "good" MMO from Korea was... I don't know. I can't even remember one cuz it's been so long since that actually happened.

And what does Korea and Japan being different has to do with anything? West and Japan are different yet that didn't stop TC from saying PC's absence is what made Japan bad at making games. I'm just saying they are bad at making games regardless of PC.

Does Korea have a history with gaming before Starcraft? I can't think of any. Korea's gaming industry is fairly new compared to the West and Japan. Korea also doesn't have access to the vast network of the latest information and technology of the West because of language barrier just like Japan. However, Japan had a longer history of gaming. That's the difference. Being there in Japan made me appreciate the English language more. The Japanese have to wait for translations on the latest versions, trends, etc. of programming languages, new versions of unity, blender, and many more. Their world is closed because they don't understand other than what's theirs and what's translated to them from outside. Do you wonder why Nintendo is kinda behind the times especially with online and other stuff? I bet if the company is more diverse and knows English, it might have been different.

#181 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Even more information proving PC is the forfront of the industry, thanks.

For the wrong reasons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

I can give my opinions too, on actual non-gamer trash that is worse than the game you showed (that game actually can requires skill).....but still sells: lolmadden lolpokemon lolWii(U) lolKinect

Madden requires no skill? Go play online and see how quickly you ragequit over getting pwned.

Farmville and Sims say high.

I thought it was amazing that he claimed the game you showed (an Assassin's Creed game) actually requires skill, then went on to classify the Wii U as non-gamer trash that sells.

I was talking about the Counter-Strike clone, not AC.

We can discuss non-games from console and PC all day that sell high. The point is, PC is at the forefront of the industry atm.

#182 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Why are you crossing out what ppl say....do you not want the painful truth to be read while you're replying.

I wasn't trying to refute anything you said....I've learned that you just babble on about crap the majority of the time.

I don't need a citation for whats known....you really want a citation for ppls comfort levels regarding eye candy? The proof is in the sales. People are buying the PS4 end over end....I'm pretty sure thats b/c lots and lots of ppl keep telling their friends they love it....so their friends go out and buy one....and so on.

And we've already discussed what you think a AAA-AA game is in your opinion. You think indy games if they are popular are AAA games....thats shit, dude.

I'll even give you that PC has more AAA-AA games that all consoles put together....but you know what...they sure do still sell like shit on PC. Thats why you get shitty ports not optimized for PC.....b/c who the hell would want to put the time into making games work great for a platform where it's not going to sell well b/c:

1. I cross out what you say because they are bold claims w/out citation.

2. AAA-AA game is not my opinion. According to SW rules AAA is 9.0+, and AA is 8.0+. Plug this into GS or MC scores, PC has the most. The best system atm, objectively.

3. Those aaa-aa games do not sell like shit. PC has more revenue than any other system. By far.

4. PC "ports" are not shitty. Over 90% of Digital Foundry Analysis show PC has the superior version of any given multiplat.

5. People are not only playing CS 1.6. Many new games on steam, origin, blizz launcher, etc. have thousands if not more players. PC has the most played online games, and gamers, and yearly sales.

PC is factually at the top. If you want to disprove any of this, please provide a link because at this point you are giving me your opinions alone.

If you think one genre is inferior, make a thread about it and discuss why. Do not invade a thread talking about who is at the fore-front of the industry w/out factual citation.

#183 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
v

This whole thing where popular games suck b/c they're casual is overrated. I don't know who started it....but it doesn't make you a sheep....it makes you not an asshole that is jaded and proclaims all sorts of faults in something that are only grand in your (not you sepcifically) b/c you can't enjoy a game for fun and can't immerse yourself.

Except that PC's most popular games dwarf the most popular console ones popularity wise. But then you just keep on inventing new criterias untill you finally find one what fits your agenda.

I don't deny that WOW and LOL and such games are more popular than any AAA game on consoles.

But thats it. Everyone plays those games b/c they're free or b/c they've been around a while. Nothing else sells on the PC.

So while the PC has games that are more popular....it's all for not. Besides...thats besides the point.

You're just proving my point that PC gamers are too busy playing other games to play any AAA multiplat games....so devs and publishers don't take the time to make a good port....then PC gamers bitch....and they wonder why.

#184 Edited by BldgIrsh (2684 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@AdrianWerner said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:
v

This whole thing where popular games suck b/c they're casual is overrated. I don't know who started it....but it doesn't make you a sheep....it makes you not an asshole that is jaded and proclaims all sorts of faults in something that are only grand in your (not you sepcifically) b/c you can't enjoy a game for fun and can't immerse yourself.

Except that PC's most popular games dwarf the most popular console ones popularity wise. But then you just keep on inventing new criterias untill you finally find one what fits your agenda.

I don't deny that WOW and LOL and such games are more popular than any AAA game on consoles.

But thats it. Everyone plays those games b/c they're free or b/c they've been around a while. Nothing else sells on the PC.

So while the PC has games that are more popular....it's all for not. Besides...thats besides the point.

You're just proving my point that PC gamers are too busy playing other games to play any AAA multiplat games....so devs and publishers don't take the time to make a good port....then PC gamers bitch....and they wonder why.

So if PC gamers aren't playing AAA multiplats. How do these people know that the port is bad?

Here's a AAA multiplat. Why does BF4 have more players on PC than any of the consoles, while having highest peaked within the 24 hours over each console.

Source: Battlefield 4 Player Count.

#185 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

so devs and publishers don't take the time to make a good port....

So you're saying Digital Foundry are wrong 90% of the time? If PC gamers don't buy multiplats why are we getting the most multiplats this gen (games from ps4 and xbone, while they don't get those from each other)?

Which system will these multiplats be better on Cranler...I mean Huggles:

  • Witcher 3
  • CyberPunk
  • Ryse
  • Devil Within
  • Tomb Raider
  • No Man's Sky
  • Doom4
  • Diablo3 (lol)
  • AC Unity
  • Batman
  • Shadows of Mordor
  • The Division

I'll wager anything Digital Foundry as well as any user-comparison will likely say the PC version is better for 90% of these games.

#186 Posted by WallofTruth (1745 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@KungfuKitten said:

Isn't half the Destiny budget for the marketing department?

Another good question is why does a console exclusive like Destiny have much better graphics than these 2 pc exclusives Robotrip brings up?

Are you really asking why a FPS has better graphics than a 4X and a MMORPG?

Why would other genre's get a free pass on graphics?

So you're saying that an addon to a 10 year old game should look better than a game that's not even released yet?

#187 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Even more information proving PC is the forfront of the industry, thanks.

For the wrong reasons

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

I can give my opinions too, on actual non-gamer trash that is worse than the game you showed (that game actually can requires skill).....but still sells: lolmadden lolpokemon lolWii(U) lolKinect

Madden requires no skill? Go play online and see how quickly you ragequit over getting pwned.

Farmville and Sims say high.

I thought it was amazing that he claimed the game you showed (an Assassin's Creed game) actually requires skill, then went on to classify the Wii U as non-gamer trash that sells.

I was talking about the Counter-Strike clone, not AC.

We can discuss non-games from console and PC all day that sell high. The point is, PC is at the forefront of the industry atm.

Are you speaking of Crossfire? Did you watch the gameplay video? It looks like Counterstrike but the damage reqs for a frag are like CoD which means it's easy to get a kill.

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:

@KungfuKitten said:

Isn't half the Destiny budget for the marketing department?

Another good question is why does a console exclusive like Destiny have much better graphics than these 2 pc exclusives Robotrip brings up?

Are you really asking why a FPS has better graphics than a 4X and a MMORPG?

Why would other genre's get a free pass on graphics?

So you're saying that an addon to a 10 year old game should look better than a game that's not even released yet?

You said fps are supposed to have better graphics than mmo's.

Why haven't WoW's graphics been modernized?

The expansion isn't out yet btw.

#188 Edited by Jag85 (4584 posts) -

@lordlors said:
@Jag85 said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

I agree Japan is doomed, they never evolved.

They love their lack of freedom and expression. Bunch of handheld casuals.

What's happening in Japan today is more or less going to happen to the rest of the world sooner or later... Mobile gaming overtaking console/PC gaming.

False. Japan's very tight spaces in its cities,reliance of trains for its transportation, and rapid increase of old age population do not resemble the whole world especially America. There is saturation in the mobile market and mobile games are being sold very cheaply. The $30-$60 video games are not threatened by the mobile game market. This is why Japan will have less and less relevance in the future. Who wants to make games for 80 year olds? Wii anyone?

That's just wishful thinking. Over a decade ago, people thought mobile gaming was just a Japanese fad, yet mobile gaming is now a huge worldwide industry. It's only a matter of time before mobile gaming eventually catches up to console/PC gaming elsewhere in the world.

@funsohng said:

@Jag85 said:
@funsohng said:

If Japan had strong PC industry, they would still make mediocre games, just on PC and not consoles.

Look at Korea. Strong PC industry. Sh*tty games. Pretty self-explanatory.

The game industries in Japan and Korea are almost nothing alike.

Besides, Korea generally makes the best MMO's... unless you mean MMO's are "Sh*tty" games in general.

Really? The last "good" MMO from Korea was... I don't know. I can't even remember one cuz it's been so long since that actually happened.

And what does Korea and Japan being different has to do with anything? West and Japan are different yet that didn't stop TC from saying PC's absence is what made Japan bad at making games. I'm just saying they are bad at making games regardless of PC.

The last Korean MMO's I played, TERA and Vindictus, were way better than WOW, which now feels outdated in comparison. I don't remember the last good MMO I played that wasn't from Korea.

As for Japan being "bad at making games", that's just wishful thinking on your part. Any list or poll of the most popular and critically-acclaimed games of all time is usually, almost always, dominated by Japan, including the poll here on SW. If you think Japan is "bad at making games", then I'm afraid your opinion is in the minority.

#189 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

@Jag85:
TERA: screwed up with balance, weak post-game contents, etc. Maybe it did better here, but in Korea? Not by a longshot
Vindictus: Lack of contents, crazy microtransation.
Arche Age: Notable for simulating unintentional serfdom. Also balance problems.
Blade & Soul: Weak post-game contents
AION: Do I need to go on?

Japanese games are now full of fan-service-only otaku bullsh*ts that the more I see, the more I am disgusted by it. For example, I'm playing Sen no Kiseki right now, and while its gameplay is actually damn interesting, the cookie-cutter enviornment and cliched characters just makes me not want to play it sometimes. Sure, bad characters and stories are what the gaming industry suffers in general, but at least in the West, they try to do something different. In Japan? Not many instances of such bravery. All I see is quick cash-ins with very rare occasion of something truly novel. Yeah, yeah Nintendo and From Software is from Japan, but they are more of an anomaly now. You can see the trend for yourself better if you are familiar with gaming scene in East Asia.

#190 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

@lordlors said:

@funsohng said:

@Jag85 said:
@funsohng said:

If Japan had strong PC industry, they would still make mediocre games, just on PC and not consoles.

Look at Korea. Strong PC industry. Sh*tty games. Pretty self-explanatory.

The game industries in Japan and Korea are almost nothing alike.

Besides, Korea generally makes the best MMO's... unless you mean MMO's are "Sh*tty" games in general.

Really? The last "good" MMO from Korea was... I don't know. I can't even remember one cuz it's been so long since that actually happened.

And what does Korea and Japan being different has to do with anything? West and Japan are different yet that didn't stop TC from saying PC's absence is what made Japan bad at making games. I'm just saying they are bad at making games regardless of PC.

Does Korea have a history with gaming before Starcraft? I can't think of any. Korea's gaming industry is fairly new compared to the West and Japan. Korea also doesn't have access to the vast network of the latest information and technology of the West because of language barrier just like Japan. However, Japan had a longer history of gaming. That's the difference. Being there in Japan made me appreciate the English language more. The Japanese have to wait for translations on the latest versions, trends, etc. of programming languages, new versions of unity, blender, and many more. Their world is closed because they don't understand other than what's theirs and what's translated to them from outside. Do you wonder why Nintendo is kinda behind the times especially with online and other stuff? I bet if the company is more diverse and knows English, it might have been different.

Yeah, they had gaming scene, as a minor subculture that was heavily influenced by Japanese gaming. Also, you see Korean MMOs using Source Engines (Vindictus), UE3 (many including B&S), Cry Engine 3(Arche Age) as well, so they still use relatively up-to-date technology.

And as for Nintendo.... not understanding English is not a good excuse for a company that has a big North American subsidiary.

#191 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

so devs and publishers don't take the time to make a good port....

So you're saying Digital Foundry are wrong 90% of the time? If PC gamers don't buy multiplats why are we getting the most multiplats this gen (games from ps4 and xbone, while they don't get those from each other)?

Which system will these multiplats be better on Cranler...I mean Huggles:

  • Witcher 3
  • CyberPunk
  • Ryse
  • Devil Within
  • Tomb Raider
  • No Man's Sky
  • Doom4
  • Diablo3 (lol)
  • AC Unity
  • Batman
  • Shadows of Mordor
  • The Division

I'll wager anything Digital Foundry as well as any user-comparison will likely say the PC version is better for 90% of these games.

What does getting multiplats have to do with ppl buying a game?

I'm sure enough ppl buy them on PC to turn a profit overall, but the bulk of the money comes from consoles. Why do you think the ports have sucked on PC for so long.

Besides I wouldn't think it was all too difficult to port a game to PC considering PC are so powerful. So it's less time in development which is another reason they can turn a profit on PC, probably.

Why do you think Red Dead Redemption never came to PC....why do you think both GTA IV and GTA V weren't on PC for a while....why do you thinkVanquish (I think) wasn't on PC....the list goes on and on.

If a game doesn't come to console....but is on PC....more than likely it's b/c it wouldn't translate well. If a game is on console and not on PC....it's probably b/c it isn't cost effective.

#192 Edited by lostrib (37592 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

so devs and publishers don't take the time to make a good port....

So you're saying Digital Foundry are wrong 90% of the time? If PC gamers don't buy multiplats why are we getting the most multiplats this gen (games from ps4 and xbone, while they don't get those from each other)?

Which system will these multiplats be better on Cranler...I mean Huggles:

  • Witcher 3
  • CyberPunk
  • Ryse
  • Devil Within
  • Tomb Raider
  • No Man's Sky
  • Doom4
  • Diablo3 (lol)
  • AC Unity
  • Batman
  • Shadows of Mordor
  • The Division

I'll wager anything Digital Foundry as well as any user-comparison will likely say the PC version is better for 90% of these games.

What does getting multiplats have to do with ppl buying a game?

I'm sure enough ppl buy them on PC to turn a profit overall, but the bulk of the money comes from consoles. Why do you think the ports have sucked on PC for so long.



which ports are those exactly?

#194 Posted by PapaTrop (1309 posts) -

Can someone post a link to the site that reports all sales info for PC games?

#195 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

so devs and publishers don't take the time to make a good port....

So you're saying Digital Foundry are wrong 90% of the time? If PC gamers don't buy multiplats why are we getting the most multiplats this gen (games from ps4 and xbone, while they don't get those from each other)?

Which system will these multiplats be better on Cranler...I mean Huggles:

  • Witcher 3
  • CyberPunk
  • Ryse
  • Devil Within
  • Tomb Raider
  • No Man's Sky
  • Doom4
  • Diablo3 (lol)
  • AC Unity
  • Batman
  • Shadows of Mordor
  • The Division

I'll wager anything Digital Foundry as well as any user-comparison will likely say the PC version is better for 90% of these games.

Why do you think the ports have sucked on PC for so long.

Did you even read the bolded?

How could you even say the underlined after reading that. Do you know something that DigitalFoundry don't?

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Why do you think Red Dead Redemption never came to PC....why do you think both GTA IV and GTA V weren't on PC for a while....why do you thinkVanquish (I think) wasn't on PC....the list goes on and on.

Why isn't TitfanFall, Ryse, Deadrising 3 on PS4? Why aren't No Mans Sky, EQNext, Ethan Carter, etc on Xbox One? Why are almost all multiplats missing on WiiU?

OMG, not all systems get all games!? Derp. Gladly PC seems to get the most total games and exclusives, as per GS and MC lists.

#196 Edited by lordlors (5610 posts) -
@funsohng said:

@lordlors said:

@funsohng said:

@Jag85 said:
@funsohng said:

If Japan had strong PC industry, they would still make mediocre games, just on PC and not consoles.

Look at Korea. Strong PC industry. Sh*tty games. Pretty self-explanatory.

The game industries in Japan and Korea are almost nothing alike.

Besides, Korea generally makes the best MMO's... unless you mean MMO's are "Sh*tty" games in general.

Really? The last "good" MMO from Korea was... I don't know. I can't even remember one cuz it's been so long since that actually happened.

And what does Korea and Japan being different has to do with anything? West and Japan are different yet that didn't stop TC from saying PC's absence is what made Japan bad at making games. I'm just saying they are bad at making games regardless of PC.

Does Korea have a history with gaming before Starcraft? I can't think of any. Korea's gaming industry is fairly new compared to the West and Japan. Korea also doesn't have access to the vast network of the latest information and technology of the West because of language barrier just like Japan. However, Japan had a longer history of gaming. That's the difference. Being there in Japan made me appreciate the English language more. The Japanese have to wait for translations on the latest versions, trends, etc. of programming languages, new versions of unity, blender, and many more. Their world is closed because they don't understand other than what's theirs and what's translated to them from outside. Do you wonder why Nintendo is kinda behind the times especially with online and other stuff? I bet if the company is more diverse and knows English, it might have been different.

Yeah, they had gaming scene, as a minor subculture that was heavily influenced by Japanese gaming. Also, you see Korean MMOs using Source Engines (Vindictus), UE3 (many including B&S), Cry Engine 3(Arche Age) as well, so they still use relatively up-to-date technology.

And as for Nintendo.... not understanding English is not a good excuse for a company that has a big North American subsidiary.

Those games are fairly new. Look back at the first decade of the 21st century and I don't think Koreans were using game engines from the West heavily. Same goes for Japan. Unity had to have a character called Unity-chan to get the Japanese into using the engine. And I've heard the Japanese devs weren't comfortable with UE. Anyway, I don't see Koreans making big games in the 90s. Small and indie games sure. Their game industry is still young compared to Japan's and the West's.

Miyamoto doesn't know how to speak English. I bet the developers at Nintendo don't. Only people who deal with business like Iwata knows how to. That is why they use translators extensively. Just look at how SE devs showcased FFXIII in E3 or Splatoon. They didn't speak English. They may have translators but you can only do so much without knowledge of English in a globalized world. English after all is the language of science and technology. Not knowing it makes you behind in the latest development and discovery.

#197 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

@lordlors: wait, are we still talking that Japanese games suck? Cuz that's all I care about.

#198 Edited by lordlors (5610 posts) -

@funsohng said:

@lordlors: wait, are we still talking that Japanese games suck? Cuz that's all I care about.

I'm talking about how young the Korean video game industry is and how they haven't adopted English which is why even though they are into PC gaming, they haven't made a lot of great games except for MMOs and other genres don't have much presence. Naturally, you're gonna need English to enjoy Western PC games that aren't an RTS or MMO. Also, not knowing English makes the Japanese behind in understanding new technologies like new versions of Unity, C# programming, Blender, etc. and new trends like DD. That's why most modern Japanese games suck.

#199 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

@lordlors said:

most modern Japanese games suck.

This is all I need to hear.

#200 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

so devs and publishers don't take the time to make a good port....

So you're saying Digital Foundry are wrong 90% of the time? If PC gamers don't buy multiplats why are we getting the most multiplats this gen (games from ps4 and xbone, while they don't get those from each other)?

Which system will these multiplats be better on Cranler...I mean Huggles:

  • Witcher 3
  • CyberPunk
  • Ryse
  • Devil Within
  • Tomb Raider
  • No Man's Sky
  • Doom4
  • Diablo3 (lol)
  • AC Unity
  • Batman
  • Shadows of Mordor
  • The Division

I'll wager anything Digital Foundry as well as any user-comparison will likely say the PC version is better for 90% of these games.

Why do you think the ports have sucked on PC for so long.

Did you even read the bolded?

How could you even say the underlined after reading that. Do you know something that DigitalFoundry don't?

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Why do you think Red Dead Redemption never came to PC....why do you think both GTA IV and GTA V weren't on PC for a while....why do you thinkVanquish (I think) wasn't on PC....the list goes on and on.

Why isn't TitfanFall, Ryse, Deadrising 3 on PS4? Why aren't No Mans Sky, EQNext, Ethan Carter, etc on Xbox One? Why are almost all multiplats missing on WiiU?

OMG, not all systems get all games!? Derp. Gladly PC seems to get the most total games and exclusives, as per GS and MC lists.

OMG...no wai.

You're comparing Ryse to GTA V?

GTA V was the biggest game of last gen. And you "master race" fuckers STILL had to wait like a bunch second class citiezens.

Sorry, but that about ends the discussion for you.