Why nothing even comes close to the PC right now...

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 iamrob7
Member since 2007 • 2138 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWe83bud1A

One of the many PC exclusives that are really putting the PC in a completely different league to consoles right now. It will be nice when new consoles get released and SW can hopefully see some sort of competition for the PC again, at least for a while. Right now the PC is so dominant it has almost become embarassing to even mention it. It's like Mike Tyson picking a fight with a 10 year old girl.

With Valve announcing their convenient PC for the living room, I don't really see what consoles have left? The PC dominates in every single area, the most games, the best games in every genre except perhaps sports, the most high scoring exclusives, the best graphics, the best sound, the greatest versatility/variety (mods) etc, the best version of every multiplatform game...

The only thing consoles had left was the convenience of playing on your couch without having to set things up. Now that is gone, what is left for consoles? Expense? Well consoles are cheap I suppose, but you can get a PC for $200-250 now that will play any multiplat in higher graphical settings than any console. Plus with the expense of console games compared to PC games I don't really see much of a cost difference right now.

So that's it then, the last thing console gamers could cling to has gone, the PC has crushed them under its mighty boot. What now for hermits on SW?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts
whats with all these pc threads?
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamingVengeance
also lol @ 480p
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iamrob7

why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.mems_1224

I lose track of who cows are, are they Xbox gamers or PS3 gamers? They all seem the same to me.

Anyway, just celebrating the complete and total victory of the PC as a platform, isn't that what system wars is about? You know, which system is best.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iamrob7

also lol @ 480pGamingVengeance

Yeah unfortunate as it is a nice clip. Game looks epic with high settings at 1080p, I think that comes across well when you watch it in the small window.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.iamrob7

I lose track of who cows are, are they Xbox gamers or PS3 gamers? They all seem the same to me.

Anyway, just celebrating the complete and total victory of the PC as a platform, isn't that what system wars is about? You know, which system is best.

yea but everyone knows the pc is clearly ahead of all the consoles. you aren't making some big revelation
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.mems_1224
must mean consolets are coming over but haven't stopped their trolling lol j/kin
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

also lol @ 480pGamingVengeance

Someone clearly didn't want to spend forever uploading a video :P

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I'm probably going to build a gaming pc around the time the next consoles launch. I don't kid myself, though. Building a gaming pc, right, is expensive. $300 for a gaming pc? Lol, how?! Please explain. First, saving money at the start just means that more money will be spent down the line. ...
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamingVengeance

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"]also lol @ 480piamrob7

Yeah unfortunate as it is a nice clip. Game looks epic with high settings at 1080p, I think that comes across well when you watch it in the small window.

looks even better at 1440p :P
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iamrob7

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.mems_1224

yea but everyone knows the pc is clearly ahead of all the consoles. you aren't making some big revelation

I am for some. Some people are still in denial.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#13 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I really enjoy playing Tiger Woods 13, NHL 13 and Madden 13 against my friends both offline and online on my PC.

Oh wait, those games aren't on the PC. My bad.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iamrob7

I'm probably going to build a gaming pc around the time the next consoles launch. I don't kid myself, though. Building a gaming of, right, is expensive. $300 for a gaming pc? Lol, how?! Please explain. First, saving money at the start just means that more money will be spent down the line. ...Heirren

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-introducing-the-digital-foundry-pc

Here is a £300 PC built by Digital foundry 5-6 months ago that will deliver multiplats at slightly higher settings and almost double the framerate of their console counterparts. The same PC will be around £100 cheaper by now.

Depends what you want though, if you want the ultra settings in super high resolution @60 FPS you are going to have to pay for it. If you are satisfied with something just quite a bit better than what the current consoles provide you don't have to pay much at all and that PC will last just as long as this current console generation lasts because those multiplats are limited by the consoles.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="iamrob7"]

iamrob7

Yea but thats not gonna change their mind. Thats like arguing with a blind person and trying to convince them that the sky is blue.
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iamrob7

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"]also lol @ 480pGamingVengeance

That game would rape my PC at 1440p. I have a 3770k @4.6Ghz, 12mb RAM and an overclocked GTX 580, planetside 2 still struggles to maintain 50+fps in big battles at high settings 1080p. I can only imagine what this game would be like with a triple 30" monitor setup with the hardware to back it up.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iamrob7

I really enjoy playing Tiger Woods 13, NHL 13 and Madden 13 against my friends both offline and online on my PC.

Oh wait, those games aren't on the PC. My bad.

d_parker

Lol, indeed as I said that is about it, the last bastion for console gaming, a few sports games. That will probably change now with the living room console PC coming out.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"][QUOTE="iamrob7"]

iamrob7

That game would rape my PC at 1440p. I have a 3770k @4.6Ghz, 12mb RAM and an overclocked GTX 580, planetside 2 still struggles to maintain 50+fps in big battles at high settings 1080p. I can only imagine what this game would be like with a triple 30" monitor setup with the hardware to back it up.

You should check out your GPU usage. The game barely uses it.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Only to those who are too stupid to tell the difference between a hermit and a troll.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.AmazonTreeBoa
Only to those who are too stupid to tell the difference between a hermit and a troll.

hermits are trolls, most are anyways.
psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Am downloading now.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 iamrob7

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] yea but everyone knows the pc is clearly ahead of all the consoles. you aren't making some big revelationmems_1224

Yea but thats not gonna change their mind. Thats like arguing with a blind person and trying to convince them that the sky is blue.

I'm not interested in changing their mind, just exposing them to reality is enough reward for me. Some will live in denial, others will set themselves free.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I'm probably going to build a gaming pc around the time the next consoles launch. I don't kid myself, though. Building a gaming of, right, is expensive. $300 for a gaming pc? Lol, how?! Please explain. First, saving money at the start just means that more money will be spent down the line. ...iamrob7

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-introducing-the-digital-foundry-pc

Here is a £300 PC built by Digital foundry 5-6 months ago that will deliver multiplats at slightly higher settings and almost double the framerate of their console counterparts. The same PC will be around £100 cheaper by now.

Depends what you want though, if you want the ultra settings in super high resolution @60 FPS you are going to have to pay for it. If you are satisfied with something just quite a bit better than what the current consoles provide you don't have to pay much at all and that PC will last just as long as this current console generation lasts because those multiplats are limited by the consoles.

With just slightly better visuals, I'd take the consoles for the exclusives, anyway. It's my personal take that if one is to go the pc gaming route, they do it smart and right--and that's expensive.
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iamrob7

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"] looks even better at 1440p :PJebus213

You should check out your GPU usage. The game barely uses it.

That's true enough I suppose, it is my CPU that causes the frame rate dips in large battles, although 50FPS is fine for me. I suppose the greater resolution might not be as much of a penalty as I thought.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iamrob7

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I'm probably going to build a gaming pc around the time the next consoles launch. I don't kid myself, though. Building a gaming of, right, is expensive. $300 for a gaming pc? Lol, how?! Please explain. First, saving money at the start just means that more money will be spent down the line. ...Heirren

With just slightly better visuals, I'd take the consoles for the exclusives, anyway. It's my personal take that if one is to go the pc gaming route, they do it smart and right--and that's expensive.

Fair enough, I'd argue that PC exclusives are a step above console exclusives right now, but each to their own.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Why should I give a damn about yet another FPS especially one with a cash shop.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
Certainly a number of insecure hermits as of late.. :?
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 iamrob7

Why should I give a damn about yet another FPS especially one with a cash shop.

Newhopes

Because there is no multiplayer FPS that has anything like this scale, infantry/armour/air and up to 2000 players in a battle. It's a unique experience. There is a cash shop because you pay nothing for it in the first place.

Planetside 2 is the tip of the iceberg, the best game I've played this year is undoubtedly DayZ, another PC exclusive that can provide incredible gaming experiences.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.mems_1224

the ones who are fake/trolls never use the PC forum

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

well no TLoU or GTAV for you and your PC dominaiton theory.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.iamrob7

If your system were universally superior, wouldn't most of us have switched by now? It's not like we can't find a Fry's.
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.lowe0

If your system were universally superior, wouldn't most of us have switched by now? It's not like we can't find a Fry's.

They're too stupid to realise that many don't give a cow pat about graphics or PC centric type games.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iamrob7

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.lowe0

Most of "you" don't actually comprehend the situation. Some are in denial, some are delusional and many are just confused.

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 iamrob7

well no TLoU or GTAV for you and your PC dominaiton theory.

Trinitarian

GTA V will almost certainly end up coming out on the PC, as the previous games did. It's just less of a big deal on the PC, where amazing games are plentiful, on the consoles they lose their marbles over it.

I had to google Tlou to work out what you were talking about. Erm, well I think we will manage without it just about, what with the long list of exceptional PC exclusives that completely overshadow it.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
only possible because of godny
Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Probably should download it.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

tl;dr- PC is superior. We know. We hear it every day.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#38 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Today's national "Beat a Dead Horse" day!

You just take a topic that's been talked about constantly and then you beat it down until there's nothing but a red blood stain on the surface of Earth.

It's brutal but entertaining.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="mems_1224"]why are there so many dumb pc threads stating the obvious?? Hermits are about to reach cows level of sad around here.mems_1224

So basicly you just admited you are too stupid to tell the difference. Thanks for clearing that up.
Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1108 Posts

That's technologically impressive but large scale shooters are not my cup of tea. I'm sure plenty of people will love that game though

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

tl;dr- PC is superior. We know. We hear it every day.

Primordialous
Then hear it more peasants.
o0squishy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 o0squishy0o
Member since 2007 • 2802 Posts

Honestly I'll take a PC ownage thread over another Uncharted 3 Vs Gears of War thread. That plus any sort of "Console Graphics King" which seemingly means you take second place? even though its more like 39th place... but yeah. For me personally atleast PC threads tend to bring games that are something bigger and better than what is already out there. Console threads tend to be the best of a bad situation.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Hmm....because current consoles are almost a decade old? Next gen games will probably be neck to neck with PC ones for the first few years.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Way more frames on my dual core Pentium G860 than my quad core Phenom II X4 840. Both are on radeon 7850s.

The game's good. Actually very n00b friendly. I killed some people.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#45 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I'm probably going to build a gaming pc around the time the next consoles launch. I don't kid myself, though. Building a gaming of, right, is expensive. $300 for a gaming pc? Lol, how?! Please explain. First, saving money at the start just means that more money will be spent down the line. ...iamrob7

next gen ~ $400 console
$50 * 5 year gen ~ $250 for online
15 games per year * 5 year gen ~ $750 license fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- +
~ $1400 PC hardware (no screen) budget per 5 year gen

I don't get why people think PC is that more expensive? It's cheaper for most gamers. Some places in my country offer you to pay your PC in 12 months. Maybe that could soften the blow if you don't have that kind of cash to spend right at the start of a gen.

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

hermits are trolls, most are anyways.mems_1224

most people here are trolls, hermits or otherwise.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="GamingVengeance"][QUOTE="iamrob7"]

iamrob7

12 mb RAM?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I'm probably going to build a gaming pc around the time the next consoles launch. I don't kid myself, though. Building a gaming of, right, is expensive. $300 for a gaming pc? Lol, how?! Please explain. First, saving money at the start just means that more money will be spent down the line. ...KungfuKitten

next gen ~ $400 console
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- +

I don't get why people think PC is that more expensive? It's cheaper for most gamers. Some places in my country offer you to pay your PC in 12 months. Maybe that could soften the blow if you don't have that kind of cash to spend right at the start of a gen.

I payed $299 for a ps3, and have spent $60 on a game under five times. With online vendors like amazon, it's rather common to get newer releases for $39. Oddly enough, with October/November being a popular relapse window, new games in that time frame often drop to $25-$30 for the shopping season. Pc confuses me. First, getting the great visuals and framerates with not having to upgrade for a minute costs some money and research. Second, I often hear that people game on monitors higher than 1080p. Now, I'm fully aware that there are monitors with very high resolutions, but is is a fact that a plasma gives better motion and color accuracy. ....and those pro LCD panels are very very expensive.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#49 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

Heirren

next gen ~ $400 console

I payed $299 for a ps3, and have spent $60 on a game under five times. With online vendors like amazon, it's rather common to get newer releases for $39. Oddly enough, with October/November being a popular relapse window, new games in that time frame often drop to $25-$30 for the shopping season. Pc confuses me. First, getting the great visuals and framerates with not having to upgrade for a minute costs some money and research. Second, I often hear that people game on monitors higher than 1080p. Now, I'm fully aware that there are monitors with very high resolutions, but is is a fact that a plasma gives better motion and color accuracy. ....and those pro LCD panels are very very expensive.

I suppose in the USA consoles and console games get discounts very fast, in europe I can find PC games about 15 euro's cheaper consistently than console games. Which makes sense because you don't pay for license fees. I don't really understand how console games could be cheaper. There are online forums that help people who are trying to put together the right PC components. It's not something that you have to figure out, and I wouldn't try go beyond 1080p for some time unless you're rilly rich.
You could just hook up the PC to a TV if you prefer those. I wouldn't go plasma though, they devour electricity and burn in/ghost easily.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"] next gen ~ $400 console

KungfuKitten

I suppose in the USA consoles and console games get discounts very fast, in europe I can find PC games about 15 euro's cheaper consistently than console games. Which makes sense because you don't pay for license fees. I don't really understand how console games could be cheaper. There are online forums that help people who are trying to put together the right PC components. It's not something that you have to figure out, and I wouldn't try go beyond 1080p for some time unless you're rilly rich.
You could just hook up the PC to a TV if you prefer those. I wouldn't go plasma though, they devour electricity and burn in/ghost easily.

I'm looking to build a pc next year. I'd either she'll out for a really nice LCD panel, or go plasma. Consumer LCD displays are atrocious.