Why no BMX games this gen!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WeMakinBacon (533 posts) -

someone needs to put out a 'Skate' style BMX game...EH?

#2 Posted by angelkimne (14037 posts) -
Because if they released a mediocre fps theyd get more money
#3 Posted by WeMakinBacon (533 posts) -

Because if they released a mediocre fps theyd get more moneyangelkimne

cool

EDIT: not cool

#4 Posted by gtawoof (1843 posts) -

lol wow i completely forgot BMX existed. I had some Dave Mirra game I forgot which system, was pretty cool.

But yea i'd like to see a next-gen BMX game. Hopefully as good as Skate.

#5 Posted by WeMakinBacon (533 posts) -
i ride all the time, but bmx goes into hibernation every few years and becomes underground. then pops back out and becomes mainstream again for a short time. right now its in a recession. At least its not a fad like skaters.
#6 Posted by RotaryRX7 (7182 posts) -

Yeah, they can call it:

bIKE.

#7 Posted by crunchUK (3050 posts) -

i wonder why... :roll:

#8 Posted by WeMakinBacon (533 posts) -

Yeah, they can call it:

bIKE.

RotaryRX7

i dont care what they call it as long as its good

#9 Posted by Flamestos (2487 posts) -
Basically there was a dispute with Dave Mirra over that crappy BMX XXX game () he didn't want it to be released and it sucked hard) and so they're no longer making the good Tony Hawk inspired ones (Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX).
#10 Posted by WeMakinBacon (533 posts) -

Basically there was a dispute with Dave Mirra over that crappy BMX XXX game () he didn't want it to be released and it sucked hard) and so they're no longer making the good Tony Hawk inspired ones (Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX).Flamestos

i think the people who did skate should make the same game, just with bikes instead of boards

#11 Posted by Flamestos (2487 posts) -

who did skate should make the same game, just with bikes instead of boards

No idea about that but Dave Mirra didn't want his name on that game because it sucked and had some stupid XXX material like strippers or something I can't remember since it was awhle ago. The two Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX games were basically Tony Hawks Pro Skaters with bikes but I liked them.

#12 Posted by WeMakinBacon (533 posts) -
yeah but the physics were all wrong, something like skate would suffice even w/out celebs. i liked the realism
#13 Posted by my_name_is_ron (5549 posts) -
bmx xxx kind of killed off the genre
#14 Posted by Eddie5vs1 (6085 posts) -

someone needs to put out a 'Skate' style BMX game...EH?

WeMakinBacon

I think we're still seeing the ramifications of the turd "BMX XXX". :)

#16 Posted by MonsieurX (31576 posts) -

5 years ago to post a terrible looking screenshot?

#17 Posted by clyde46 (47467 posts) -

Holy necro thread!

#18 Posted by mems_1224 (48408 posts) -

Even though this is a necro thread Im really sad there weren't more skateboarding, motocross and BMX games last gen :(

#19 Posted by clyde46 (47467 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Even though this is a necro thread Im really sad there weren't more skateboarding, motocross and BMX games last gen :(

I remember the PS2 having XXX BMX and Matt Hoffmans BMX games.

#20 Edited by MonsieurX (31576 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Even though this is a necro thread Im really sad there weren't more skateboarding, motocross and BMX games last gen :(

I remember the PS2 having XXX BMX and Matt Hoffmans BMX games.

Downhill domination was awesome

#21 Posted by mems_1224 (48408 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@clyde46 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Even though this is a necro thread Im really sad there weren't more skateboarding, motocross and BMX games last gen :(

I remember the PS2 having XXX BMX and Matt Hoffmans BMX games.

Downhill domination was awesome

The Dave Mirra games were also dope.

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152304 posts) -

Can't say that I see the need for that.....but whatever.

#23 Posted by Tessellation (8841 posts) -

cos bmx sucks like roller blading.

#24 Posted by lamprey263 (25398 posts) -
Loading Video...

#25 Posted by clyde46 (47467 posts) -

@Tessellation said:

cos bmx sucks like roller blading.

Mad cuz bad.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (43048 posts) -

Old thread.

Great username.

#27 Posted by cainetao11 (19276 posts) -

Do kids even ride bikes anymore? I remember BMXing with friends. Back when you rode to a friends house rang his door bell, had to say hi to his parents, lied about going to this place because it was close, but rode everywhere in your city.

#28 Posted by Tessellation (8841 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Tessellation said:

cos bmx sucks like roller blading.

Mad cuz bad.

i just do a much better and recognized sport and that's skateboarding,blading sucks n bmx is ok but not up the the standards.

#29 Posted by silversix_ (15888 posts) -

@Tessellation said:

@clyde46 said:

@Tessellation said:

cos bmx sucks like roller blading.

Mad cuz bad.

i just do a much better and recognized sport and that's skateboarding,blading sucks n bmx is ok but not up the the standards.

Do you skate in your basement?

#30 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24187 posts) -

because the average gamer is 37 years old and would break a hip if he ever fell off a bmx bike and at this point in his life thinks as much about bmxing as he thinks about how cool teddy ruxpin is.

#31 Posted by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

BMX is so 5 years ago.

Just like this thread.

#32 Edited by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

because the average gamer is 37 years old and would break a hip if he ever fell off a bmx bike and at this point in his life thinks as much about bmxing as he thinks about how cool teddy ruxpin is.

How young do you have to be to think that 37 is old enough to warrant breaking hips jokes?

Someday, you won't be a teenager.

#33 Posted by blangenakker (2579 posts) -

ptth dirt bikes are thing these days :P

#34 Posted by Spartan070 (16377 posts) -

Because the sport isn't as popular as it was 10 years ago, there is a new Tony Hawk coming though and probably a new Skate.

#36 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3215 posts) -

Really? A six year old thread?