Why More multiplatform games = Xbox 360 wins

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

3rd party support for the Sony playstation brand is the most important thing to Sony. Sony has survived 2 consoles wars where they Didn't even make it's best game(people giving GOW best PS2 game is a joke) Minus God Of War wich came out to late in PS2 life anyways(i jumped the consoles ship along time ago waiting for next gen) Sony really has been selling Consoles with there 3rd party games and GTA is the 15 million selling franchise that used to be the main reason people chose ps2 over xbox and halo. Now what does sony have? First party games for Sony to me are a joke there usally copy cats of other games(remember Legend of dragoon or Syphon Filter)trying to be like FF and MGS.

if Sony loses every good 3rd party game and even at the moment. it is in the favor of the 360. why? the 360 is cheaper and they have a franchise thats exlusive to 360 that Sony couldn't top if it made 100 games. that game is Halo 3 after this is released for 360 , sales for 360 will go thru the roof. Sony's got nothing and when i say nothing i'm talking about the main thing people look for in a game. Well known franchises are a huge backbone in this industry. From Mario and Zelda to fable and Halo series on Sony are almost none existant. when it comes to this area. Sony Doesn't have that Big Franchise yet. Xbox 360 is cheaper has better online games and has better 1st party support and it's just the 1 year and 3 months into the wars. Microsoft has the best view of the playing field and they are gonna dominate. everyone knew if you wanna beat the playstation brand you need all the 3rd partys they have. I don't think 3rd party games should be used as tool by a consoles maker so people can buy there system if you want games to sell systems make you own killer franshises like Microsoft and nintendo have. this is what sony gets for depending on 3rd partys to sell there consoles every year.

Example biggest franchise coming to Ps3? by far MGS4 and guess what if MGS4 came out for Xbox 360 Halo 3 will still be the best franchise on the 360. but with sony MG4 will alsways be the Number 1 frachise because sony can't make a game better.

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

3rd party support for the Sony playstation brand is the most important thing to Sony. Sony has survived 2 consoles wars where they Didn't even make it's best game(people giving GOW best PS2 game is a joke) Minus God Of War wich came out to late in PS2 life anyways(i jumped the consoles ship along time ago waiting for next gen) Sony really has been selling Consoles with there 3rd party games and GTA is the 15 million selling franchise that used to be the main reason people chose ps2 over xbox and halo. Now what does sony have? First party games for Sony to me are a joke there usally copy cats of other games(remember Legend of dragoon or Syphon Filter)trying to be like FF and MGS.

if Sony loses every good 3rd party game and even at the moment. it is in the favor of the 360. why? the 360 is cheaper and they have a franchise thats exlusive to 360 that Sony couldn't top if it made 100 games. that game is Halo 3 after this is released for 360 , sales for 360 will go thru the roof. Sony's got nothing and when i say nothing i'm talking about the main thing people look for in a game. Well known franchises are a huge backbone in this industry. From Mario and Zelda to fable and Halo series on Sony are almost none existant. when it comes to this area. Sony Doesn't have that Big Franchise yet. Xbox 360 is cheaper has better online games and has better 1st party support and it's just the 1 year and 3 months into the wars. Microsoft has the best view of the playing field and they are gonna dominate. everyone knew if you wanna beat the playstation brand you need all the 3rd partys they have. I don't think 3rd party games should be used as tool by a consoles maker so people can buy there system if you want games to sell systems make you own killer franshises like Microsoft and nintendo have. this is what sony gets for depending on 3rd partys to sell there consoles every year.

Example biggest franchise coming to Ps3? by far MGS4 and guess what if MGS4 came out for Xbox 360 Halo 3 will still be the best franchise on the 360. but with sony MG4 will alsways be the Number 1 frachise because sony can't make a game better.

peacebringer

What about god of war? Thank u for this thread. Next. :)

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 peacebringer
[QUOTE="peacebringer"]

squallff8_fan

What about god of war? Thank u for this thread. Next. :)

God of War isn't even that big of a franshise and in no way a cash cow game. also it's just a beat em up whos gonna buy a 600 system to play a beat em up over Halo 3. Funny how one game can end the thread when i stated minus god of war on the thread. GOW is not better than GTA SA or FF12. Best game coming to PS3 is MG$ no one is hyping or even saying GOW3 it's a new franchise maybe 1 or 2 years old can never compare to a Halo or Mario

Vampire_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Vampire_360
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
God of war 1 only sold a mere 1 million copies, anyways Yes the Xbox 360 huge library is increasing with the best PS2 series and the Upcoming Xbox 360 original IPs :D
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts

God of War isn't even that big of a franshise and in no way a cash cow game. also it's just a beat em up whos gonna buy a 600 system to play a beat em up of Halo 3.peacebringer
God of War isnt a cash cow game?:lol:

Bash PS3 if you wish, but leave GOW (A PS2 game) out of this, that series is amazing:|

peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 peacebringer

[QUOTE="peacebringer"]God of War isn't even that big of a franshise and in no way a cash cow game. also it's just a beat em up whos gonna buy a 600 system to play a beat em up of Halo 3.FrenziedRaldo24

Bash PS3 if you wish, but leave GOW (A PS2 game) out of this, that series is amazing:|

as the poster above you said GOW sold 1 million wow huge cash cow. Rappers sell 1 million doesn't mean they have talent.
cuib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cuib
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

if Sony loses every good 3rd party game and even at the moment. it is in the favor of the 360. why? the 360 is cheaper and they have a franchise thats exlusive to 360 that Sony couldn't top if it made 100 games. that game is Halo 3 after this is released for 360 , sales for 360 will go thru the roof.peacebringer

Ok Halo3 will be huge and we all know this. But Sony has its own killer franchises. I don't know how you can assume Halo3 will move more consoles than the upcoming Sony juggernauts, especially when Halo2 was the most overrated game of the last cycle and the second most important market couldn't care less about Halo. Might happen but drop the assumption of inevitability.

As for 360 winning with multiplatform, sure, but I think you left out the key reasons -- Achievements and XBL.

Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
[QUOTE="FrenziedRaldo24"]

[QUOTE="peacebringer"]God of War isn't even that big of a franshise and in no way a cash cow game. also it's just a beat em up whos gonna buy a 600 system to play a beat em up of Halo 3.peacebringer

Bash PS3 if you wish, but leave GOW (A PS2 game) out of this, that series is amazing:|

as the poster above you said GOW sold 1 million wow huge cash cow. Rappers sell 1 million doesn't mean they have talent.

Pathetic, youre comparing a game to a rappers album sales?:|

The number is 1.5 Million BTW.

-cnc-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -cnc-
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
I don't think 3rd party games should be used as tool by a consoles maker so people can buy there system if you want games to sell systems make you own killer franshises like Microsoft and nintendo have. this is what sony gets for depending on 3rd partys to sell there consoles every year.

peacebringer

Gran Turismo is Sony's biggest series.

Dashtal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dashtal
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
[QUOTE="peacebringer"] I don't think 3rd party games should be used as tool by a consoles maker so people can buy there system if you want games to sell systems make you own killer franshises like Microsoft and nintendo have. this is what sony gets for depending on 3rd partys to sell there consoles every year.

-cnc-

I lolled :lol: 

Hadoken_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hadoken_Kid
Member since 2006 • 1770 Posts
[QUOTE="-cnc-"][QUOTE="peacebringer"] I don't think 3rd party games should be used as tool by a consoles maker so people can buy there system if you want games to sell systems make you own killer franshises like Microsoft and nintendo have. this is what sony gets for depending on 3rd partys to sell there consoles every year.

Dashtal

Its sad, but it is also true:(
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Kool I guess
Fr3357YL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fr3357YL3
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
[QUOTE="peacebringer"][QUOTE="FrenziedRaldo24"]

[QUOTE="peacebringer"]God of War isn't even that big of a franshise and in no way a cash cow game. also it's just a beat em up whos gonna buy a 600 system to play a beat em up of Halo 3.FrenziedRaldo24

I believe you ment to say amazingly overrated.

I still can't believe people like that boring, repetitive, button mashing garbage.

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
[QUOTE="-cnc-"][QUOTE="peacebringer"] I don't think 3rd party games should be used as tool by a consoles maker so people can buy there system if you want games to sell systems make you own killer franshises like Microsoft and nintendo have. this is what sony gets for depending on 3rd partys to sell there consoles every year.

Dashtal

Why? The series sold over 45 million total copies. 

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

Dashtal

Actuallly sales wise his correct. His post alone was enough to completely destroy the TC post. It might come as a shocker to some, but go check out the series sales and well nothing else needs to be said.
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 peacebringer
[QUOTE="Dashtal"][QUOTE="-cnc-"][QUOTE="peacebringer"] I don't think 3rd party games should be used as tool by a consoles maker so people can buy there system if you want games to sell systems make you own killer franshises like Microsoft and nintendo have. this is what sony gets for depending on 3rd partys to sell there consoles every year.

StealthSting

Actuallly sales wise his correct. His post alone was enough to completely destroy the TC post. It might come as a shocker to some, but go check out the series sales and well nothing else needs to be said.

fact of the matter is we waited 4 years for GT to come on PS2 and it was an AAA game without online and Xbox has PGR wich was AAA and was online. either way your not gonna cry wichever gam you get. GT may be sony best selling franchise but it's just a racing game and for some reason the more next gen it gets the less cars and options you get to play. best GT was on the PS with GT2 that had like 500 plus cars.