Why Microsoft Is Making Xbox Scorpio

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

To cause massive cow BH of course. lol :P

Anyway, yup, makes perfect sense to me and I'm all for it. How about you?

"Compatibility has always been the thing that makes console generations define themselves: when you leave one and got to the next, you give up your games, you usually give up the hardware or throw it in a closet--that's what we want to remove," Ybarra explained. "We're focusing more on how do we deliver gaming in a boundless way to our players. We announced three platforms--today's Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Scorpio. We're giving gamers the choice to say, 'I want to invest in these particular games and this particular hardware, and I want those to work going forward, I don't want to have to worry about giving that up.'"

Thoughts?

The Story.

---

Why Microsoft Is Making Xbox Scorpio

Offering a more powerful version of the same system is what consumers expect these days thanks to smartphones, Mike Ybarra says.

Microsoft engineer Mike Ybarra has provided some additional insight into why the company is releasing a new, more powerful console, Project Scorpio, alongside the existing Xbox One.

In an interview with The Guardian, Ybarra said Microsoft's efforts have been inspired by the smartphone business model.

"In the phone market, people are more used to upgrading fast and wanting the latest of everything," he said. "But with phones, your new apps had better work on that phone and the next one. According to what they're telling us, the consumer expectation is: games and apps had better work even if I upgrade.

"We're looking at the console business and asking how do we provide that choice to users? It resonates with them because other devices are doing that."

Another major point of focus for Microsoft going forward is compatibility between Xbox One, the slimmed-down Xbox One S, and Project Scorpio. In previous generations, when new hardware came out, if often meant your games and accessories were rendered useless. No more.

"Compatibility has always been the thing that makes console generations define themselves: when you leave one and got to the next, you give up your games, you usually give up the hardware or throw it in a closet--that's what we want to remove," Ybarra explained. "We're focusing more on how do we deliver gaming in a boundless way to our players. We announced three platforms--today's Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Scorpio. We're giving gamers the choice to say, 'I want to invest in these particular games and this particular hardware, and I want those to work going forward, I don't want to have to worry about giving that up.'"

Microsoft Studios general manager Shannon Loftis added that "many" developers are already making games with an eye toward support for Scorpio down the road.

"Taking advantage of dynamic scaling and things like that, a game they make for Xbox One today will run beautifully on S and run beautifully and look better on Scorpio," she said.

For its part, Sony has confirmed it's making a more powerful PlayStation 4 (and maybe a slimmed-down PS4), which could go on sale this year. Project Scorpio, meanwhile, isn't slated to arrive until holiday 2017. Xbox boss Phil Spencer reiterated that Microsoft could have launched a more powerful Xbox One this year, but decided against it.

"We had the ability to look at doing an interim console this year if we wanted to," he said. "We thought about that. But we didn't think we could deliver, with the silicon that's out there, a true 4K gaming six-teraflop machine this year. So we decided to wait until we hit the real spec that people were asking for."

Sony has also talked about how the Neo is coming in response to the "upgrade cadence" for smartphones and PCs.

"The consumer is attuned to a different cadence of innovation in technology thanks in great part for the upgrades cadence on mobile phones or PCs," PlayStation president Andrew House said of this new strategy to offer a more powerful version of the same system.

The full Guardian story is a fascinating read, stuffed with great quotes and insight. Go read it here.

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

Why nvidia is making gtx 1080 graphic actually & promptly new flagship card will be issued..?

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

unreal223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 unreal223
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts

I will probably get a scorpio but I'm skeptical. I have a GTX 1080 and while I mostly play on my 1080p computer monitor I do have an LG 4k tv. Maybe I'm one of the weird people out there but I don't see a huge benefit to 4k over 1080p if you are playing games at the same settings. The reason I think this will be bad for scorpio is once its out people may not care if there is a difference if its subtle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@unreal223 said:

I will probably get a scorpio but I'm skeptical. I have a GTX 1080 and while I mostly play on my 1080p computer monitor I do have an LG 4k tv. Maybe I'm one of the weird people out there but I don't see a huge benefit to 4k over 1080p if you are playing games at the same settings. The reason I think this will be bad for scorpio is once its out people may not care if there is a difference if its subtle.

Difference will be much larger between Scorpio, and Neo, than currently Xbox One and PS4. After last few years this would indicate that people would care, a lot.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

MS is moving on from X1. I still don't think they're as committed to the PC as they say they are and certainly not as committed to compete with Steam, but the X1 has been a PR nightmare from the beginning and hounded by PS4's retail dominance. MS is trying to give everybody a reason to abandon the X1 platform ASAP.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice

@Basinboy:

I don't think it's they want people to abandon X1, more so they're offering those with the means to upgrade a choice whilst at the same time not abandoning those who don't upgrade and stick with X1 for a bit longer. Seems to me MS gaming has become all about more options for gamers, to me, that's a great thing.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I am a Nintendo gamer, and to me backwards compatibility (bc) is one of the most important specifications/features. It is even more important than the power of the console. I respect MS for making bc a priority. I do think it will be hard to get the most gamers to buy into $500 consoles every 3 years or whatever the smartphone time-frame is. I just think console gamers think that when they spend that amount of money, they don't want the console to be replaced by a better one in such a short time span. From a Sony or MS fan point of view with power being such a big priority, I think they will be resentful of some fellow gamers having a more powerful console (power envy) only a couple of years after their purchase of the now weaker version.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@FastRobby: I don't believe specs for the Neo or Scorpio have been released yet. No way to truly compare the power of the systems until then.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Bring it on baby!

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

So cows need to be butthurt because Microsoft will finally have an advantage for maybe a year or 2?

With the Ps5 not far off after Scorpios launch I'm not seeing the major deal here.

Nvm the fact if VR is a large success for Playstation, it will surely take some of the wind out of Scorpios sails.

Sony is just in a really great spot all around.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice

@Collie_Lover:

I hear ya but it's basically the PC model and that's been working & thriving forever with PC gamers. Also I think those casuals who account for most of console gamers won't be all too upset as long as MS keeps making the games that work on their system whilst also working on the new systems and as I read all this, that's precisely what MS has in mind.

Me, I'm going Scorpio if all is stated correctly ATM. We'll see if all comes to fruition at next year's E3 for sure.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22633 Posts

I just hope people don't spend aimlessly. Please don't send a message to them that it's ok to release new hardware every year... Please?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

I just can't wait for all new systems to drop

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SecretPolice

@TheEroica said:

I just hope people don't spend aimlessly. Please don't send a message to them that it's ok to release new hardware every year... Please?

Like I said it's basically the PC model so just like those who have the cash and want to have the very best all the time are upgrading their cards doesn't really take anything away from those that prefer to only upgrade every 5 years or so. As long as your current system plays the latest games and you're only willing to spend cash for a huge upgrade you're still good to go.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#16  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Zethrickk382: a year or two is all Sony needed this gen to get a huge sales lead.

The difference is that MS has basically openly said that the 7 year console cycle is over and consoles will be going to a system more like cell phones. So unless PS5 comes out at the same time as Scorpio, they will seesaw back and forth. In a system like that MS has the advantage since they have one ecosystem.

All in all I hope they do get into a power shootout. Just means more possible games on console.

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

If people want to have the "best" and since MS decided to have one ecosystem with PC and Xbox in it, would it not be wiser to just invest on a PC and buy say a GTX 1080? That monster of a graphics card should last you at least 5 years of smooth game play and at maxed out settings. Just hook your XboxOne controller to your pc, download the necessary software if there is any to get it working and plug it into your 4k tv or what have ya. Rather than buying $499 updated consoles every 3 years?

EDIT: In my opinion, the reason they are making Scorpio is because they crapped the bed with the XboxOne, if they didn't we wouldnt be even talking about Scorpio right now.

def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

@FastRobby said:
@unreal223 said:

Difference will be much larger between Scorpio, and Neo, than currently Xbox One and PS4. After last few years this would indicate that people would care, a lot.

I don't think PS Neo is suppose to match up with the Scorpio, Neo is like an updated PS4 to accommodate PSVR for people that are interested with the Sony VR, if anything, Xbox One S is to match the Neo.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

They had to respond to the Neo, and boy did they ever. I will buy Scorpio ♏ but not til I have a 4k tv with HDR10.

I just prey this doesn't turn into an Arms Race with this happening every 2 years. Although Phil said he wouldn't. If it does Scorpio will be my last console.

I do have a thought that no one is really talking about. These new consoles have 4K blue ray players. Why not put the games on corresponding discs? They hold more data right? Or are they saving that for the next Gen?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Unlike the NeO, people, gamers, haters, developers, fans were asking and demanding a more powerful Xbox console this gen, Microsoft heard them all, listened and since they're in the campaign of making gaming great again they're giving all of them what they demanded and give them the most powerful console ever, Scorpio.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

Ohhhh, I thought it was so MS could stick their middle finger in the early adopters face and call them f*****g c**t heads while laughing all the way to the bank... My bad.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Because Sony has them in a corner and they think it is going to make a difference in sales after this long. I hate to be that guy but It is over lems try harder next time.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I think the Scorpio is gonna flop sales wise. Anyone thinking this will usher a new age is lying to themselves, it's still tied down by the Xbone.

The Neo while relatively successful isn't gonna light the world on fire either. Most consumers are still going to buy PS4s or stick with PS4s until the PS5 comes out.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@Basinboy:

I don't think it's they want people to abandon X1, more so they're offering those with the means to upgrade a choice whilst at the same time not abandoning those who don't upgrade and stick with X1 for a bit longer. Seems to me MS gaming has become all about more options for gamers, to me, that's a great thing.

Offering X1 trade-ins is a clear sign that they want people to move on. The X1 will live a life similar to the Vita - an acknowledged, albeit left-to-die platform. Consumer interest will drift toward the more capable devices and with it will go developer interest. MS can't erase that PS4 will have roughly 60 million units in the wild along with 25 million X1 units, but MS isn't going to hold back development of their games (or third parties') with parity clauses and eventually the comparative fidelity will make the X1 detestable. It will benefit from being part of the Xbox family and UWP (and may very well end up becoming a porting ground like the Vita), but MS is more than happy to send it on its way.

You're not wrong in labeling it "choice," but if MS could pivot more cleanly away from X1 without burning up their goodwill, they would save themselves the trouble of offering the consumer choice in favor of the next big thing. In a way, the consumer does win, so it's not as dreary as my tone perhaps suggested.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69369 Posts

@quadknight said:

I think the Scorpio is gonna flop sales wise. Anyone thinking this will usher a new age is lying to themselves, it's still tied down by the Xbone.

The Neo while relatively successful isn't gonna light the world on fire either. Most consumers are still going to buy PS4s or stick with PS4s until the PS5 comes out.

You are going to be proven so wrong.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@oflow: People were hungry for a new gen after such a long one. I can't help but feel it's too early, and the lack of interest will usher in the consoles are doomed mantra once again.

The consoles have only recently started to hit thier stride anyway when it comes to compelling software.

Blurring the Gen Cycle lines is a bad move in my opinion. Start the gen with 2-3 skus tops that vary price/power and be done with it.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8020 Posts

@quadknight said:

As always, software sales are the metric that truly matters.. and in terms of software sales potential, "Xbox" gaming via Xbox One + Windows 10 PC + Project Scorpio trumps "PlayStation" gaming via the PS4 + Neo in terms of overall potential install base.. a unified Windows Store launching next month across both console and Win10 PCs coupled with Xbox Play Anywhere launching a month after has essentially neutered any conversation about "sales" and "install base" potential from the Sony camp..

Only Microsoft holds the platform scaling resources to properly bring Win10 PC gaming under the "Xbox" banner and they've finally decided to play that trump card.. the leveraging of a unified Windows 10 core, DirectX 12, Unified Windows Platform (UWP), and dynamically scaling games are all starting to make a bit more sense now huh.. let the true competition begin.. This is Phil Spencer's Xbox vision, not Don Mattrick's anymore, and the writing is on the wall..

But you go ahead and keep clinging to the soon-to-be outdated "hardware sales" argument... The rest of us will be moving on with the rest of the industry..

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By QuadKnight

@Antwan3K said:
@quadknight said:

As always, software sales are the metric that truly matters.. and in terms of software sales potential, "Xbox" gaming via Xbox One + Windows 10 PC + Project Scorpio trumps "PlayStation" gaming via the PS4 + Neo in terms of overall potential install base.. a unified Windows Store launching next month across both console and Win10 PCs coupled with Xbox Play Anywhere launching a month after has essentially neutered any conversation about "sales" and "install base" potential from the Sony camp.. Only Microsoft holds the platform scaling resources to properly bring Win10 PC gaming under the "Xbox" banner and they've finally decided to play that trump card.. the leveraging of a unified Windows 10 core, DirectX 12, Unified Windows Platform (UWP), and dynamically scaling games are all starting to make a bit more sense now huh.. let the true competition begin.. This is Phil Spencer's Xbox vision, not Don Mattrick's anymore and the writing is on the wall..

But you go ahead and keep clinging to the soon-to-be outdated hardware sales argument... The rest of us will be moving on with the rest of the industry..

I wonder how UWP helped Quantum Flop and Gears of Flop on MS Store.

MS Store is still cancer. You're delusional if you think PC gamers will abandon Steam to follow MS's shitty vision. They still have a lot of catching up to do before they can compete with Sony or the numerous other competitors on PC. Yelling "Xbox anywhere!!" is going to change the numerous **** ups they've had over the years.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Antwan3K

@quadknight said:
@Antwan3K said:
@quadknight said:

As always, software sales are the metric that truly matters.. and in terms of software sales potential, "Xbox" gaming via Xbox One + Windows 10 PC + Project Scorpio trumps "PlayStation" gaming via the PS4 + Neo in terms of overall potential install base.. a unified Windows Store launching next month across both console and Win10 PCs coupled with Xbox Play Anywhere launching a month after has essentially neutered any conversation about "sales" and "install base" potential from the Sony camp.. Only Microsoft holds the platform scaling resources to properly bring Win10 PC gaming under the "Xbox" banner and they've finally decided to play that trump card.. the leveraging of a unified Windows 10 core, DirectX 12, Unified Windows Platform (UWP), and dynamically scaling games are all starting to make a bit more sense now huh.. let the true competition begin.. This is Phil Spencer's Xbox vision, not Don Mattrick's anymore and the writing is on the wall..

But you go ahead and keep clinging to the soon-to-be outdated hardware sales argument... The rest of us will be moving on with the rest of the industry..

I wonder how that helped Quantum Flop and Gears of Flop on MS Store.

MS Store is still cancer. You're delusional if you think PC gamers will abandon Steam to follow MS's shitty vision. They still have a lot of catching up to do before they can compete with Sony or the numerous other competitors on PC. Yelling "Xbox anywhere!!" is going to change the numerous **** ups they've had over the years.

First off, neither Quantum Break or Gears of War: UE are cross-buy and aren't a part of Xbox Play Anywhere.. They cant' currently be bought from a unified store as a part of a unified platform.. so you're already off base with that weak argument.. Secondly, yes having Quantum Break and Gears of War: UE also available on Windows 10 PC definitely helped the sales of those games beyond what they could have achieved via selling those titles only on console.. I mean.. duh... and again, there will be an added incentive and benefit as people eventually know that they can "buy once, play anywhere" with Xbox Play Anywhere..

Secondly, Microsoft is competing with Steam on some levels but also working with Steam on other levels:

"From this summer’s update, PC titles like League of Legends, Dota and XCOM 2 are coming to Xbox Live and will have hubs on the console."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/11/scorpio-microsoft-xbox-one-s-future-video-games

And those games will be from the Steam marketplace, not the Windows Store.. is it starting to sink in now?.. Firstly, there was a point in time where Steam "sucked".. but time and updates has made Steam the de facto place to buy games on PC.. Do you really think Microsoft wont take that same time and apply those same updates to their own Store?.. Secondly, even until then, Microsoft has said that some UWP games will be available on Steam and have the associated integration with the Xbox ecosystem.. the case in point has been illustrated above.. Face the facts:

Microsoft is combining and leveraging the Windows 10 gaming ecosystem with the their console ecosystem under the unified banner of "Xbox"..

and no amount of PS4 console hardware sales are going to trump that in terms of software sales potential.. the sooner you let that sink in, the sooner the healing can begin..

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By QuadKnight

@Antwan3K said:
@quadknight said:
@Antwan3K said:
@quadknight said:

I wonder how that helped Quantum Flop and Gears of Flop on MS Store.

First off, neither Quantum Break or Gears of War: UE are cross-buy and aren't a part of Xbox Play Anywhere.. They cant' currently be bought from a unified store as a part of a unified platform.. so you're already off base with that weak argument.. Secondly, yes having Quantum Break and Gears of War: UE also available on Windows 10 PC definitely helped the sales of those games beyond what they could have achieved via selling those titles only on console.. I mean.. duh... and again, there will be an added incentive and benefit as people eventually know that they can "buy once, play anywhere" with Xbox Play Anywhere..

Secondly, Microsoft is competing with Steam on some levels but also working with Steam on other levels:

"From this summer’s update, PC titles like League of Legends, Dota and XCOM 2 are coming to Xbox Live and will have hubs on the console."

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/11/scorpio-microsoft-xbox-one-s-future-video-games

And those games will be from the Steam marketplace, not the Windows Store.. is it starting to sink in now?.. Firstly, there was a point in time where Steam "sucked".. but time and updates has made Steam the de facto place to buy games on PC.. Do you really think Microsoft wont take that same time and apply those same updates to their own Store?.. Secondly, even until then, Microsoft has said that some UWP games will be available on Steam and have the associated integration with the Xbox ecosystem.. the case in point has been illustrated above.. Face the facts:

Microsoft is combining and leveraging the Windows 10 gaming ecosystem with the their console ecosystem under the unified banner of "Xbox"..

and no amount of PS4 console hardware sales are going to trump that in terms of software sales potential.. the sooner you let that sink in, the sooner the healing can begin..

Whatever helps you sleep better at night lol. All I know is that in the real world UWP has been a disaster and so has the Xbone. Everything attached to the UWP has been a train-wreck as well. Believe whatever you want but the fact of the matter is that Sony is the one dominating the software and hardware right now on consoles due to their immense install base and MS are the ones scrambling to find a footing.

Also LOL @ you thinking if MS don't view Steam as their biggest competitor on PC.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2138 Posts

Lemmings are hyping something they know nothing about. Whats happens if this is a drm 500 dollar piece of shit? Of course they still hype it. They have no choice.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

because their first ship aka Xbone has already sunk 2 years ago. Now they're building a new ship that is hopefully isn't bundled with holes (forced kinect/drm).

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Antwan3K

@quadknight: And no number of gifs can dispute the pure logic of what's on display.. UWP has been great for Microsoft and with 350 million Windows 10 active devices out in the wild in record time, UWP is going to continue to grow..

a unified Windows 10 core + a unified Windows Store + UWP + DirectX12 + dynamic scaling = a unified Xbox platform across consoles and PC.. Fact..

Feel free to post another laughing gif instead offering some sort of counterargument based on substance and reality.. It won't make a difference because deep down you see what's coming and you know hardware sales of a single console won't and don't matter versus the combined software sales of an entire ecosystem.. Thats just another fact for you to try and fanboy your way out of I guess.. Have fun with that

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Yeah true... but I honestly can't see that happening (and Spencer has said that this definitely isn't what they plan).

If they start releasing consoles at a similar frequency to phones, it'll kill the console market I think.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@TheEroica said:

Yeah true... but I honestly can't see that happening (and Spencer has said that this definitely isn't what they plan).

If they start releasing consoles at a similar frequency to phones, it'll kill the console market I think.

I anticipate that the releasing of new consoles would be based on consumer demand but more meaningful than cellphone upgrades as in not occurring annually or bi-annually.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I have a feeling all these people that have already bought PS4s and XBones will get the shaft a bit. There will be exclusive software or game modes popping up on the more advanced systems, or games will not run well on the old systems.

I definitely don't think that smart phones have put consumers in the mood to buy new video game hardware on a regular basis. In the end, the only reason that MS is doing this is because Sony is doing it, end of story.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

2 Reasons why Microsoft is making Scorpio:

1) Sony is making the Neo.

2) The Xbone is fucking dead.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 QuadKnight

@Antwan3K said:

@quadknight: And no number of gifs can dispute the pure logic of what's on display.. UWP has been great for Microsoft and with 350 million Windows 10 active devices out in the wild in record time, UWP is going to continue to grow..

a unified Windows 10 core + a unified Windows Store + UWP + DirectX12 + dynamic scaling = a unified Xbox platform across consoles and PC.. Fact..

Feel free to post another laughing gif instead offering some sort of counterargument based on substance and reality.. It won't make a difference because deep down you see what's coming and you know hardware sales of a single console won't and don't matter versus the combined software sales of an entire ecosystem.. Thats just another fact for you to try and fanboy your way out of I guess.. Have fun with that

LMAO!! UWP has nothing to do with Windows 10 adoption. MS has been giving free Windows 10 updates and in a lot of cases forcing people to upgrade to Windows 10.

Majority of those computers will not be used for gaming or to access the Windows Store.

UWP has been an utter disaster so far and Steam continues to steamroll over the Windows Store.

According to this source 98% of ROTR PC sales were on Steam.....

When we started the project we weren’t aware of Windows 10,” says a source. “We were going to ship on Xbox One initially and then we wanted to come out on PC at a later point, most likely though Steam. But we got burnt quite badly.”

“Without Steam, without other platforms, it was just painful,” says another. “The Windows Store is a giant disaster. It’s on fire. 98% of PC copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider, a flagship Windows 10 game, were bought on Steam.The same is true for Minecraft. That hurt us, too. The store’s a mess; the number of people who couldn’t even install the game from the Microsoft store was… significant.

It's gonna take more than wishful fanboy thinking and screaming "Xbox anywhere!!!" at the top of your lungs to get a majority of gamers to buy stuff from the shitty Windows Store. The Windows Store has been a disaster and will continue to be one for the foreseeable future.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

MS want to have the most power console in the history of video games, a crown currently held by SONY and current gen 8 console leader, PS4.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@Heil68 said:

MS want to have the most power console in the history of video games, a crown currently held by SONY and current gen 8 console leader, PS4.

All I read was that you were going to purchase a Scorpio day one. Congratulations.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Because Phil Spencer feels hamstrung with the OG XB1. He was left with a big mess that he has miraculously managed to clean up and the Scorpio is simply a love letter to Xbox fans.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I agree with MS and sony on releasing neo and Scorpio,for years hermits have complain about how old and outdate consoles were,but now every 3 years we can have something stronger as a complete optional platform which is compatible with all your games,is a good move,and i hope is not the only gen they do it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Unlike the NeO, people, gamers, haters, developers, fans were asking and demanding a more powerful Xbox console this gen, Microsoft heard them all, listened and since they're in the campaign of making gaming great again they're giving all of them what they demanded and give them the most powerful console ever, Scorpio.

So you still holding by that pathetic excuse to justify defending Scorpio but at the same time downplaying Neo.?

We don't care about your pathetic excuses,all we know is that we have coming 2 stronger platforms and i am 100% sure Neo will outsell scorpio without problems.

But again is good to know you care about Power or will care for it on fall 2017,because as i see it now you don't care in this moment nor the almost 3 years the XBO has being behind..lol

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

@tormentos said:
@gago-gago said:

So you still holding by that pathetic excuse to justify defending Scorpio but at the same time downplaying Neo.?

We don't care about your pathetic excuses,all we know is that we have coming 2 stronger platforms and i am 100% sure Neo will outsell scorpio without problems.

But again is good to know you care about Power or will care for it on fall 2017,because as i see it now you don't care in this moment nor the almost 3 years the XBO has being behind..lol

@tormentos said:

I agree with MS and sony on releasing neo and Scorpio,for years hermits have complain about how old and outdate consoles were,but now every 3 years we can have something stronger as a complete optional platform which is compatible with all your games,is a good move,and i hope is not the only gen they do it.

Lol sorry nope the statement still stands. Unlike the NeO, there were more people complaining including yourself how underpowered the Xbox One was compared to the PS4. Of course MS listened to all these complaints, started brainstorming, and working and will now be giving what the masses wanted and demanded and that's releasing the most powerful console ever. Mean while there were hardly any complaints about the PS4 but as you could see you are hiding behind your pathetic excuse about how hermits complained for years about old and outdated consoles lol.

Power schmower, who cares, games are games but I know the Scorpio being the most powerful console ever this generation must be eating you up since I believe you lead the way in talking about how powerful the NeO was in all these leaked power threads. Lol. By your statement of agreeing with MS and Sony, notice how you mentioned MS first, it looks like you have a new found respect and admiration of what MS is doing, and that's releasing the most powerful console ever this generation.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Heil68 said:

All I read was that you were going to purchase a Scorpio day one. Congratulations.

Sure, aren't you?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@TheEroica said:

The limit for game console hardware releases would be process tech and chip size.

Due to cost structures, consoles doesn't have option for very large chip size growth e.g. 600 mm^2.

PC GPU upgrades via chip size growth and process tech.

http://www.fudzilla.com/news/processors/40945-amd-working-on-7nm-48-core-processor

AMD's next process tech jump seems to be 7 nm.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Because the xbone is a disaster compared to PS4 this gen?

j_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 j_assassin
Member since 2012 • 1011 Posts

Because m$ cares about their consumers, thats the only reason