Why is Xbone so weak compared to PS4?

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5129 posts) -

I was lead to believe by Xbox die hards the difference would be "minimal" at worst and at best "cloud" will make it far superior to PS4 and PC...

But now, Xbone struggles to differentiate itself from the Wii-U

What happened?

#2 Edited by blackace (20753 posts) -

Why do you care when you don't own one? lol!! Stop making threads troll.

#3 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5129 posts) -

@blackace said:

You specifically told me there would be no difference and if any its due to "test dev kits" . What went wrong?

#4 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Nothing. It sold 3 million before the end of the year and the games division made a profit of 411 million, so... Dead Rising 3, a 720p upscaled, 30 fps game sold 1 million copies. Not struggling at all. And I'll leave this for you to consider.

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (30285 posts) -

Why do you make so weak threads compared to the other ones?

#6 Edited by Heil68 (44697 posts) -

Well SONY went pedal to the metal this gen and delivered the worlds most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games. Kind of hard to compete wit that.

#7 Posted by Shewgenja (9302 posts) -

"General entertainment branding"

#8 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

Why would anti-gamers like the xboners care for a good gaming product? They have shown time and time again that their standards are the lowest of the low and they barely know what gaming means.

#9 Posted by Krelian-co (11005 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Why would anti-gamers like the xboners care for a good gaming product? They have shown time and time again that their standards are the lowest of the low and they barely know what gaming means.

#10 Posted by Comduter (2174 posts) -

I don't know. Talk to someone who designed it to find out what happened.

#11 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10432 posts) -

What a stupid question

#12 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5129 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Nothing. It sold 3 million before the end of the year and the games division made a profit of 411 million, so... Dead Rising 3, a 720p upscaled, 30 fps game sold 1 million copies. Not struggling at all. And I'll leave this for you to consider.

So its in last place and weak. Thanks for the clarification

#13 Edited by blackace (20753 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

You specifically told me there would be no difference and if any its due to "test dev kits" . What went wrong?

Nothing has gone wrong. All the games that were currently released are using the older dev kits and old firmware. Let's see how the games turn out after the E3 and in 2015. Then ask that same question again.

@MonsieurX said:

Cause he's a weak troll.

#14 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5129 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

Nothing has gone wrong. All the games that were currently released are using the older dev kits and old firmware. Let's see how the games turn out after the E3 and in 2015. Then ask that same question again.

Have the final dev kits arrived? Will they boost power? So just wait?

#15 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10432 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

I was lead to believe by Xbox die hards the difference would be "minimal" at worst and at best "cloud" will make it far superior to PS4 and PC...

What happened?

So Ryse and Forza ( 1080P @60FPS ) could be done with WiiU hardware? Okay then

#16 Posted by tormentos (18135 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

The PS4 sold 4.2 million is a total sell out unlike the xbox while also beating the crap out of the xbox one game performance wise.

I'll leave this for you to consider...

1. FIFA 1490.82%
2. NBA 2K1487.12%
3. Madden NFL 2580.70%
4. Forza Motorsport 579.49%
5. Dead Rising 379.37%
6. Need for Speed: Rivals78.55%
7. Call of Duty: Ghosts77.40%
8. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry77.25%
9. Peggle 276.64%
10. Zumba Fitness World Party73.60%

1. flower94.17%
2. ZEN Pinball 288.00%
3. FIFA 1487.92%
4. Trine 2: Complete Story86.00%
5. Resogun85.46%
6. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag85.31%
7. Battlefield 485.00%
8. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition84.58%
9. NBA 2K1484.10%
10. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes82.86%

#17 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5129 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

What happened?

Ryse is 900P Forza looks like Forza 4. Wasn't Ryse a 360 game? Shiiieeeeet. Okay then

#18 Edited by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice: ryse isn't 100 or 60fps. Just a quick correction

#19 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10432 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Didn't say Ryse was 1080P just Forza....

#20 Edited by Krelian-co (11005 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

LOLOLOLOL THE WAITING GAME BY LEMS

After ps4 reveal

-Wait until Xbox reveal!!!!!!

-Wait until E3!!!!!

-Wait until Release!!!!!!

-Wait until 2014!!!!

-Wait until 2014 E3!!!!

-Wait until 2015!!!

How much more are you going to wait lems until you realize what a garbage xbone is? It's always some pathetic excuse, sounds like an incompetent person that makes excuses for every failure they have.

#21 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10432 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

What happened?

Ryse is 900P Forza looks like Forza 4. Wasn't Ryse a 360 game? Shiiieeeeet. Okay then

Who cares if it's 900P the graphics are highly acclaimed along with Forza's.....soooo yeah

#22 Posted by tormentos (18135 posts) -
@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Cause he's a weak troll.

Activision debunked that rumor about old dev kits,in fact they claimed to have the final dev kits for quite some time,and that it wasn't lack of trying the resolution the game ended with.

Wow so now we have to wait until e3 and they if everything fail until 2015..lol

My god and you claim to be a manticore...lol

#23 Posted by Sagemode87 (998 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice: Dude, Forza 5 looks like ass. Who are you trying to fool.

#24 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Cause he's a weak troll.

"Just wait." - Lems

#25 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Cause he's a weak troll.

Activision debunked that rumor about old dev kits,in fact they claimed to have the final dev kits for quite some time,and that it wasn't lack of trying the resolution the game ended with.

Wow so now we have to wait until e3 and they if everything fail until 2015..lol

My god and you claim to be a manticore...lol

xboners are always ashamed to admit what they truly are. Who could blame them though? I would be ashamed too if I was a xboner trying to pretend that I'm a real gamer.

#26 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10432 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@chikenfriedrice: Dude, Forza 5 looks like ass. Who are you trying to fool.

I'm not trying to fool anyone, read the reviews and here is a novel idea play it for yourself before you judge :O

#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151111 posts) -

MS is moving a bit away from gaming (at least as a stand alone) and trying to corner the entertainment market with the console. It will still play games...but that wasn't their main objective with the new console.

They even advertise it as an entertainment system....not a gaming console. At least in all the TVs ads.

#28 Posted by Sagemode87 (998 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice: I've played it at a friends house and it's laughable to say it looks next gen. DriveClub craps all over it visually. Jus saying.

#29 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4931 posts) -

MS wanted to make an all-in-one media box for the living room. That meant using DDR3 RAM over GDDR5 for multi-tasking. That meant sticking in ESRAM to make up for the bandwidth issues for games. They also wanted to bundle in Kinect whether you liked it or not. Both meant putting in a weaker graphics card than what they could have put in. MS assumed that Sony wouldn't be able to do much better due to their financial issues. They assumed incorrectly.

There we go, the story of the eighth gen. Another generation hobbled by MS' crap strategy and general malignancy. Whoopee.

@shawn30 said:

And I'll leave this for you to consider.

Quiet, lem.

#30 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10432 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@chikenfriedrice: I've played it at a friends house and it's laughable to say it looks next gen. DriveClub craps all over it visually. Jus saying.

Oh the game that hasn't been released yet? Got it

#31 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3782 posts) -

Oh, how the tables have turned...

#32 Posted by clone01 (24770 posts) -

Okay.

#33 Edited by MonsieurX (30285 posts) -

Anyone that had a statistic class knows that average aren't a good way to make comparisons

@GrenadeLauncher said:

MS wanted to make an all-in-one media box for the living room. That meant using DDR3 RAM over GDDR5 for multi-tasking. That meant sticking in ESRAM to make up for the bandwidth issues for games. They also wanted to bundle in Kinect whether you liked it or not. Both meant putting in a weaker graphics card than what they could have put in. MS assumed that Sony wouldn't be able to do much better due to their financial issues. They assumed incorrectly.

There we go, the story of the eighth gen. Another generation hobbled by MS' crap strategy and general malignancy. Whoopee.

@shawn30 said:

And I'll leave this for you to consider.

Quiet, lem.

#34 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@shawn30 said:

Last place out of two competitors, with a million seller that defies your power claims with its 720upscaled and 30fps, and a game in Ryse most gaming sites feels is the graphics king. How's this working out for you, lol? Look, the difference is there, is fact, and its gonna remain a difference. But both systems will continue to be optimized and both will produce better looking games going forward. But for gaming quality, whats out and whats coming in the next 12 months, what I see for the Xbox One is far better. You win the specs wars though, so congrats on that. :)

#35 Posted by PrincessKenny (30 posts) -

I thought the deal was both Lems and Cows will ignore Knack and Ryse?

#36 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2806 posts) -

Sony this gen went back to what matters hardcore gaming. Nintendo they gimped their hardware to introduce that lcd gamepad they had a patent for. M$ they wanted a multimedia box and cut corners to include the spy cam. Sony was also going to include a spy cam but dropped it and include 8gb of memory instead and got the price to 399.99.

Pretty sure Nintendo could drop their gimmick and sell the wii u for 250 easy with a game. M$ could drop the spy cam and get the price down to 400. I doubt either will make the hard choice that Sony did and that is why Sony will win.

#37 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2461 posts) -

WHAT IS THIS THREAD POINT? CLOSE THIS TROLL THREAD

#38 Edited by tormentos (18135 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@shawn30 said:

Last place out of two competitors, with a million seller that defies your power claims with its 720upscaled and 30fps, and a game in Ryse most gaming sites feels is the graphics king. How's this working out for you, lol? Look, the difference is there, is fact, and its gonna remain a difference. But both systems will continue to be optimized and both will produce better looking games going forward. But for gaming quality, whats out and whats coming in the next 12 months, what I see for the Xbox One is far better. You win the specs wars though, so congrats on that. :)

The Wii U says high which still is the current leader.

So officially the xbox one is 3rd in this race behind both sony and Nintendo..hahaha

@FreedomFreeLife said:

WHAT IS THIS THREAD POINT? CLOSE THIS TROLL THREAD

Most of the times most people who enter threads demanding them to be close are the worse butthurt of them all..

#39 Posted by Chutebox (37236 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Chutebox said:

The way your sentenced was worded, yes you did. Not a big deal and not trying to be an ass. But whatever.

#40 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10432 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Chutebox said:

The way your sentenced was worded, yes you did. Not a big deal and not trying to be an ass. But whatever.

I put 1080P 60FPS in parentheses after Forza not after Ryse.....but yes whatever.

#41 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

The PS4 sold 4.2 million is a total sell out unlike the xbox while also beating the crap out of the xbox one game performance wise.

I'll leave this for you to consider...

1. FIFA 1490.82%
2. NBA 2K1487.12%
3. Madden NFL 2580.70%
4. Forza Motorsport 579.49%
5. Dead Rising 379.37%
6. Need for Speed: Rivals78.55%
7. Call of Duty: Ghosts77.40%
8. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Freedom Cry77.25%
9. Peggle 276.64%
10. Zumba Fitness World Party73.60%

1. flower94.17%
2. ZEN Pinball 288.00%
3. FIFA 1487.92%
4. Trine 2: Complete Story86.00%
5. Resogun85.46%
6. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag85.31%
7. Battlefield 485.00%
8. Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition84.58%
9. NBA 2K1484.10%
10. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes82.86%

Sweet lem ownage.

#42 Edited by blackace (20753 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

@MonsieurX said:

Cause he's a weak troll.

"Just wait." - Lems

He who laughs last.....

Just troll, cause that's all cows can really do.

#43 Posted by Draign (793 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

Your blind loyalty is making you look like an idiot. You are better to compare Drive Club to Need for Speed:Rivals visually.

#44 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5129 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

LOLOLOLOL THE WAITING GAME BY LEMS

After ps4 reveal

-Wait until Xbox reveal!!!!!!

-Wait until E3!!!!!

-Wait until Release!!!!!!

-Wait until 2014!!!!

-Wait until 2014 E3!!!!

-Wait until 2015!!!

How much more are you going to wait lems until you realize what a garbage xbone is? It's always some pathetic excuse, sounds like an incompetent person that makes excuses for every failure they have.

TLHBO

#45 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2088 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

What happened?

I own both and enjoy both. Glad I don't have to make a choice!!

#46 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5129 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

What happened?

I own both and enjoy both. Glad I don't have to make a choice!!

Glad I made a choice not to pay $500 for last gen gaming.

#47 Edited by SolidTy (43397 posts) -

@Douevenlift_bro said:

What happened?

For Kinect. To make Xbone affordable with Kinect included, they took a cheaper route on the PC parts but you get a Kinect included in every box for $500 instead of $600+.

Was it a good move? Depends on who you ask.

#48 Edited by SolidTy (43397 posts) -
blackace said:

@StriateEnd said:

"Just wait." - Lems

He who laughs last.....

He who laughs last, last best. That's the saying alright.

What is noteworthy about you using that line and the order one may find themselves laughing though is that you are usually the first to laugh in threads, usually in almost every post followed by an exclamation point.

You type "lol!", "LOL!!", "lmao!!!", "hahaha!!" and "LMAO!!!!" in thousands of posts/threads with your first post indicating you prefer to laugh first, not last. Here is but one example in case there is doubt (includes two LMAOs and one LOL on page one alone).

It's a classic quote (He who laughs last, laughs best), I just didn't think you were a fan of the vintage saying considering your posting approach to laugh first. Happy gaming in any event.

#49 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (152 posts) -

It's not......

#50 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71910 posts) -

Xbox One has 3GB to the 3 OS that it has, therefore it only has 5 GB dedicated DRAM for the games. PS4 has around 1.5 GB DRAM for the OS, but it has a better GPU and a CPU and it has GDDR 5