LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Everytime I go on there to download something or just to shop around It crashes.

I don't seem to run into this problem in any other System's stores except for PSN (more specifically the PS3's store).

Also navigating just to find a specific genre tag you have to go to the Game Section then go all the way to the right to select "Full catalog" THEN you could search for a specific tag. Why not actually have that in the Search Function also wtf is up with the search function? instead of bringing up the Keyboard layout and have you type in a word like a normal search engine, The PSN store has it categorized strangely so you would spell out a word and games would just show up. What if you're not looking for a game with that word and just looking for relatable games? The Recommendations are garbage too.

So yeah, I don't know why Sony has such a garbage store. There's plenty of games to find, but holy crap it's awful to navigate.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Buy from the online web store.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#3 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

Nintendo's EShop crashes more. I never experience any issues buying from PSN, I still prefer the web store, it's faster, and easier to use.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Mine works fine and smooth.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56077 Posts

PSN has always been this sluggish on PS3. PSN on PS3 is totally not as fluid as it is on Xbox 360/One combine, PS4 however is better and just like Blabadon said, just go to playstation.com and buy the game from there. It's what I do on PS3 only. The only thing good about PSN on PS3 is the fact it's online free.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: Are you are talking about PS3?

It's not clear in the title of this thread nor the OP.

I would assume you are still dealing with the PS3 store?

The PS Store isn't garbage across the various PS machines and many here are probably going to think you are referring to the PS4 since it's the machine du jour.

Regarding your issues? On PS3, what you described has happened to me before, ever since the PS4 released. Not sure if there is a correlation though.

To be accurate, the PS Store on PS4 is great, speedy, and works like a dream, as it does on the Vita, but I agree the PS3 store is sometimes wonky, not a lot for me, but it has happened. The PS3 store is not consistently wonky for me though, it seems on high traffic days (like PS+ update days) is when I run into issues of being booted out and having to go back in. It's happened to me about 5 times or so.

I think they just keep updating that store and the 2006 PS3 hardware just can't always keep up. Internet speed could also be an issue with how interactive the store can get.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Yeah, PSN on PS3 got progressively worse with updates over time. It runs quickly and flawlessly on PS4 though.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Time to get a PS4 then. The PS4 store runs fast and smooth with no crashes.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LegatoSkyheart

@SolidTy said:

The PS Store isn't garbage across the various PS machines and many here are probably going to think you are referring to the PS4 since it's the machine du jour.

Regarding your issues? On PS3, what you described has happened to me before, ever since the PS4 released. Not sure if there is a correlation though.

To be accurate, the PS Store on PS4 is great, speedy, and works like a dream, as it does on the Vita, but I agree the PS3 store is sometimes wonky, not a lot for me, but it has happened. The PS3 store is not consistently wonky for me though, it seems on high traffic days (like PS+ update days) is when I run into issues of being booted out and having to go back in. It's happened to me about 5 times or so.

I think they just keep updating that store and the 2006 PS3 hardware just can't always keep up. Internet speed could also be an issue with how interactive the store can get.

yeah PS3. Though I remember having horrid experiences on Vita too. I haven't messed around with PS4 despite actually having one around the house, but I'm assuming it's better since I hear nothing bad about it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I can't even remember the PS3 PSN store... Wow.

The PS4 store is pretty nice, and quick to use.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

The PSN on PS4 crashes almost any time I am on it, baffles me because when I am on the store on my Vita it is heavenly.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I did notice it lagging but I figured it was just the connection or some other issues. That's too bad.

PS4 STORE IS HORRIBLE. PS3 is a million times better.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

yea, thing is a fucking mess. just to download something on my vita i have to scroll through pages of purchases to find anything. yes, please show me all the ps3 and ps4 games i dont need to download.

Treblemize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treblemize
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

I rarely play on my PS4 but even I have to say PSN is an abomination.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Mine works fine on ps4. Haven't been on the ps3 store in a while. I do my ps+ games downloads on the Web store or on my phone, but last time I was in there it seemed decent, but not as good as it used to be.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

The PS3 PSN store can be quite sluggish. (not like Xbone though with game clips refusing to load or freezing) You can always use the official playstation site to buy games or browse. Just keep in mind that a PS3 isn't a PS4 in terms of power, speed or stability. As great as the PS3 is, it's still a really slow system.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

PSN Store PS4 crashed on me no more than ten minutes ago.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

I have never had a problem

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#19 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Yeah it works pretty fast on the vita for me. Was going to ask what are you talking about until you mentioned the PS3. I don't use the PSN store for the PS3 store often enough to notice. I usually expect online stores for consoles to be shit though so I tend to have low standards.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#20  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

On PS3, the layout of the PSN store is really messy and derpy and it's painfully slow, but there's so much good stuff to buy. Whereas Wii U's layout is equally messy and derpy and there's not a lot to choose from. So I can't complain about the PSN store that much. Why they chose to **** up the layout is beyond me tho.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

It's night and day between PS3 and PS4 - my PS3 store access is slow and painful. My PS4 access is fast and smooth. My bigger complaint is organization is sometimes odd and can make browsing more effortful than it should be

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Here's all the rattings for PS stores:

PS4 - 9

PS Vita - 9

PSP - 7

PS2 - 1

PS1 - 0

PS3 - -4

Browser - 9.5

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

It's a laggy piece of shit on the PS3.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@SolidTy said:

lol OMG i died laughing. good joke though. yeah the PS4 store is trash too. i just use the web store.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SolidTy

Dear god,

Please stop the plague of salty x-fantrolls from quoting incredibly mild posts. I wish to stop the butthurt of these poor fellas, God Almighty, but I don't know how.

Sincerely yours,

SolidTy

@darkangel115 said:
@SolidTy said:

lol OMG i died laughing. good joke though. yeah the PS4 store is trash too. i just use the web store.

lol OMG, I too almost died laughing, good joke though. So many good jokes to read above that reflect my joke! It's a thread of comedy if you love that material. Just look above!

I almost brought up the comical Xbone UI and store, but the joke was good as it was!

Don't get me started on my Wii U e-shop stories, LOL!

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#26 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I'm not really a fan of any of the stores. None of them work like I'd like them to. At least PSN on the PS4 is quick.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidTy
@Ant_17 said:

PS4 - 9

PS Vita - 9

PSP - 7

PS2 - 1

PS1 - 0

PS3 - -4

Browser - 9.5

@xantufrog said:

It's night and day between PS3 and PS4 - my PS3 store access is slow and painful. My PS4 access is fast and smooth. My bigger complaint is organization is sometimes odd and can make browsing more effortful than it should be

@joel_c17 said:

@iambatman7986 said:

Mine works fine on ps4. Haven't been on the ps3 store in a while. I do my ps+ games downloads on the Web store or on my phone, but last time I was in there it seemed decent, but not as good as it used to be.

@quadknight said:

@davillain- said:

PSN has always been this sluggish on PS3. PSN on PS3 is totally not as fluid as it is on Xbox 360/One combine, PS4 however is better and just like Blabadon said, just go to playstation.com and buy the game from there. It's what I do on PS3 only. The only thing good about PSN on PS3 is the fact it's online free.

@k--m--k said:

Apparently, you guys are teh funnays?

Good times. Hell of a thread.

Seriously, thank you guys for posting your experience.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkangel115

@SolidTy said:

Dear god,

Please stop the plague of salty x-fantrolls from quoting incredibly mild posts. I wish to stop the butthurt of these poor fellas, God Almighty, but I don't know how.

Sincerely yours,

SolidTy

@darkangel115 said:
@SolidTy said:

lol OMG, I too almost died laughing, good joke though. So many good jokes to read above that reflect my joke! It's a thread of comedy if you love that material. Just look above!

I almost brought up the comical Xbone UI and store, but the joke was good as it was!

The X1 store is just as bad to navigate, but at least it doesn't crash on me all the time. I wouldn't use the X1 store either TBH if I didn't have kinect.

The PS4 store crashing/slow response/wrong pictures are pretty common issues. there is a thread almost every day on it on the PS forums. I know your a huge sony fan and all, but come on. lying about a store? Sony aint perfect man. the store is just trash. even when it does work, it's impossible to find anything. the web store isn't much better, but a PC is easier to navigate with then a PS4. I redeem all the free PSN+ games on the web store. If i try on the PS4 it crashes every single time.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SolidTy

Quoted here are users in this thread that all expressed their PS4 store expereince was good.

@SolidTy said:
@Ant_17 said:

PS4 - 9

PS Vita - 9

PSP - 7

PS2 - 1

PS1 - 0

PS3 - -4

Browser - 9.5

@xantufrog said:

@joel_c17 said:

@iambatman7986 said:

@quadknight said:

@davillain- said:

@k--m--k said:

@darkangel115 said:
@SolidTy said:

Dear god,

Sincerely yours,

SolidTy

@darkangel115 said:
@SolidTy said:

The X1 store is just as bad to navigate, but at least it doesn't crash on me all the time. I wouldn't use the X1 store either TBH if I didn't have kinect.

The PS4 store crashing/slow response/wrong pictures are pretty common issues. there is a thread almost every day on it on the PS forums. I know your a huge sony fan and all, but come on. lying about a store? Sony aint perfect man. the store is just trash. even when it does work, it's impossible to find anything. the web store isn't much better, but a PC is easier to navigate with then a PS4. I redeem all the free PSN+ games on the web store. If i try on the PS4 it crashes every single time.

Holy cow, you salty Xbox lemmings will say and do anything to lie about Sony. Everything about Sony sucks and works terribly, we get already! Hahaha. It's okay to be a super Xbox fan, but stop pretending everything is wrong all the time.

I suppose the above posters including a moderator all lied too, lol. Sure buddy. I spoke about my heavy experiences with the PS3, Vita, and PS4 store. Everyone has their own experiences. My PS3 store experiences are less than stellar. Sorry my post cause you butthurt but yet you somehow ignored all the other users saying the exact same thing about the PS4 store.

What's your Gamerscore at? 9000 GS after 10 years on the market? How many Trophies you have?

I suspect you downtalk/lie about these Sony machines more than play them, lol. No one used the word perfect except for you. For the record, I can't recall any electronics device ever shipped from any company (Samsung, Apple, LG, Sony, etc) that shipped perfectly. Of course there are going to be users that experience issues, especially complaining online for any company or product. There are also trolls online that blow things out of proportion for whatever agenda they have, going so far as to lie about their supposed experiences in hopes of misinforming users. Eh.

If you truly have a great internet connect, strong wifi or ethernet connection and honestly have issues with PS4's store... Well, that's your experience and I'm not quoting users like you telling you that you are lying. I think you are lying or have a terrible online connection, but I didn't quote you nor did I feel compelled to quote you and tell you that you are lying. No need to quote users and tell them their experience is a lie, lol. I wasn't upset to see some (predictable anti Sony) users have issues with the PS4 store. That's their story and that's fine with me. It sucks for them, if true.

All I offered, along with about 10 others users in this thread is our experience with the stores and our experience is grand on PS4, not so good on PS3. That's it. If that upsets you so much, I don't know what to tell you, amigo. :P

I never use the webstore to redeem anything for the record. I never felt the need, but I did visit it before.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Yeah, PSN on the PS3 is slow/sluggish as ****.

And would it kill them to add a search bar in the download list.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LegatoSkyheart

@FinalFighters: it would have killed them to leave it as it was before the big update! The store was great back in 2009!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy

@LegatoSkyheart: I agree. I liked the PS3 store back then as well, before the big update that turned the store into an app that required loading.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LegatoSkyheart

@SolidTy: yeah, an app that just doesn't work!

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I've never had a problem with the store, I mean it's a bit convoluted in layout but it's always worked fine barring PSN is not down.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Strange, as I have never had it crash once and I've been using it since 2009. Must be your ISP.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#37 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

I haven't played used the PS4 UI but I'm guessing it will be a slightly different experience and I'd think both are about the same just like I did last generation.

I'm just glad things don't take forever to load. Whenever I use a device of Nintendo's with the eshop it takes a millennia to load and layout is just horrible. Online is definitely not their strong point, not that they needed it in the first place.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart: PSN crashed on my PS3 multiple times just browsing in the past couple of weeks. Usually it is fixed with an update... which also means they take the material you are interested in off of the sale.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

Serious question:

How do you use the search function in the PSN store on ps4? I'm not joking. For the few times I've gone on to search for a show it only lets me type three letters. Why not let us type the whole word? Am I doing something wrong? Seriously how do people stomach this?

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

The PS STORE on the PS3 broke once the PS4 came out.

But its it butter smooth and fast on PS4.

gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

PSN was terrible on PS3.

It quick and snappy on PS4 though especially if you have a hard wired conection.

The store itself could use a revamp, it's just so clunky imo.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#44 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

simple. don't buy from the store.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 darkangel115

@SolidTy said:
@SolidTy said:
@Ant_17 said:

PS4 - 9

PS Vita - 9

PSP - 7

PS2 - 1

PS1 - 0

PS3 - -4

Browser - 9.5

@xantufrog said:

@joel_c17 said:

@iambatman7986 said:

@quadknight said:

@davillain- said:

@k--m--k said:

@darkangel115 said:
@SolidTy said:

Dear god,

Sincerely yours,

SolidTy

@darkangel115 said:
@SolidTy said:

Holy cow, you salty Xbox lemmings will say and do anything to lie about Sony. Everything about Sony sucks and works terribly, we get already! Hahaha. It's okay to be a super Xbox fan, but stop pretending everything is wrong all the time.

I suppose the above posters including a moderator all lied too, lol. Sure buddy. I spoke about my heavy experiences with the PS3, Vita, and PS4 store. Everyone has their own experiences. My PS3 store experiences are less than stellar. Sorry my post cause you butthurt but yet you somehow ignored all the other users saying the exact same thing about the PS4 store.

What's your Gamerscore at? 9000 GS after 10 years on the market? How many Trophies you have?

I suspect you downtalk/lie about these Sony machines more than play them, lol. No one used the word perfect except for you. For the record, I can't recall any electronics device ever shipped from any company (Samsung, Apple, LG, Sony, etc) that shipped perfectly. Of course there are going to be users that experience issues, especially complaining online for any company or product. There are also trolls online that blow things out of proportion for whatever agenda they have, going so far as to lie about their supposed experiences in hopes of misinforming users. Eh.

If you truly have a great internet connect, strong wifi or ethernet connection and honestly have issues with PS4's store... Well, that's your experience and I'm not quoting users like you telling you that you are lying. I think you are lying or have a terrible online connection, but I didn't quote you nor did I feel compelled to quote you and tell you that you are lying. No need to quote users and tell them their experience is a lie, lol. I wasn't upset to see some (predictable anti Sony) users have issues with the PS4 store. That's their story and that's fine with me. It sucks for them, if true.

All I offered, along with about 10 others users in this thread is our experience with the stores and our experience is grand on PS4, not so good on PS3. That's it. If that upsets you so much, I don't know what to tell you, amigo. :P

I never use the webstore to redeem anything for the record. I never felt the need, but I did visit it before.

Lol hardly man, and I'm still not a lemming. I love rocket league, best free game given out by either company this gen. Been having a blast with it. I don't have any allegiance. I like the PS4 alot, but lets not pretend it's perfect. It's funny too cause look what showed up on the PS forums http://www.community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Fix-the-PSN-Store/td-p/45288259 somebody complaining about the store. Look at the most common search results in google/bing

google as down and not loading as 2 our of the top 3 searches, bing has not working and down as 2 of the top 4 and then not loading and hack as well on the list, but lets pretend i'm saying this because I'm a lemming and i hate sony lol. Guess google is a lemming now too huh?

Gamerscore? trophies? I don't chase them, if i get it i get it. If I don't i Don't. honestly I don't know how much of either cause i could care less. I'll leave that to the kids who think that stuff is important. I don't down talk or lie about anything, i just call things how i see it. Yeah I barely played my PS4 for a long time because there wasn't anything to play on it. Right now I'm playing my PS4 more then my X1 for the past couple of weeks because rocket league. Thats the point of me having both. I'm kinda bored with the X1 ATM but thankfully with magic coming this week and gears next month I'll be back on it again. and Rocket league is keeping me busy until then. Thats why I buy both. I don't hold allegiance.

And yeah sure there are some trolls who can blow things out of proportion, and that works both ways. If you somehow had a great experience, good for you. I flat out said both stores suck but you only get mad about me saying sony sucked and ignored that I said MS store sucks too. Hell I'll do you one better. the web store for sony is better then MS's web store for the X1. You cows get too mad if someone thinks MS does something better because your head is so far up sony's butt. That's your issue not mine.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

You are not talking about Ps4 right? PS3 and PS4 are night and day different when it comes to PSN!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

The PSN store on my PS3 is atrocious. I have not used the PSN store on a PS4 yet, but I would assume it would run better.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Buy from the online web store.

/end thread

Ant_17