why is it so hard for people to accept the PS3 is a gaming Console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts

it has games

folkore

UT3 (in 07)

HS

uncharted

R&C

warhawk

eye of judgement

it got FREE ONLINE

$399 is affordable

Cows NEED TO BUY GAMES MORE THAN BLU-RAY MOVIES

this is coming from a multi- console and multi- handheld owner

Coldplay07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Coldplay07
Member since 2002 • 4513 Posts
It's an expensive DVD player for a lot of people.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

Tnasty11

amen brotha, testify.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

It's not a game console.

It's a 4D Box. :shock:

knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Microsoft brainwashed them...It's a shame because the PS3 is a great piece of hardware with some pretty impressive software for year 1.

Honestly, I think a lot of PS2 owners are waiting for a game like Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo 5, or Final Fantasy XIII to come out.

The PS3 will catch the Xbox 360 in sales. It will probably pass it in the next 18 months.

But I'm talking worldwide sales. People in Europe and Asia couldn't give a damn about the Xbox 360. They're all about the PlayStation brand.

I don't know if it will catch the 360 in the U.S. though.

SkullboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SkullboyX
Member since 2004 • 6407 Posts
This is why....
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Wait, so you're telling me it plays GAMES!?
Montavious2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Montavious2004
Member since 2004 • 156 Posts
just because it has games don't mean i plays them well at all!
hate19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hate19
Member since 2006 • 565 Posts
It's Sony's attempt to shove Blu-ray out there in the guise of a sorry excuse for a gaming console.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Because sony hyped it to be MORE then a video game console they wanted it to be a "multimedia entertainment divice" :roll:
Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts
This is why....  SkullboyX
SkullboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SkullboyX
360 is a pure game machine. The PS3 needs BR to sell itself and BR needs PS3 to sell itself.
SkullboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SkullboyX
[QUOTE="SkullboyX"]This is why....  Tnasty11

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..
00kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 00kev
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
Jugging by that picture Im assuming that lots of people just think that is an expensive Blu-ray player..
SkullboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SkullboyX
If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..Erebyssial
This guy deserves a cookie. (not being sarcastic either)
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..Erebyssial
Totally agreed cow's will tell you that "teh blu-ray i needed for teh games" :roll:
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

Look at the games you listed...why would anyone be interested in those? Pure mediocrity.

Vrygar777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Vrygar777
Member since 2007 • 444 Posts
I'm a 360 owner and just so happenedto see this thread, I dont know to tell the truth. The 360 was a doomed console, from start and probably to finish. The way I see it, the PS3 is probably more durable and reliable than microsofts great and glorious 360.
SkullboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SkullboyX
[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Totally agreed cow's will tell you that "teh blu-ray i needed for teh games" :roll:

It doesn't even have to be Blu-Ray. Next generation HD-DVD could work just as good (If it last that long). Something bigger is all gaming will need. I seriously doubt that any game will be needing 25+ gigs of space.
King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 King_of_Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 1193 Posts

[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Is blu-ray beneficial or detrimental to gaming?

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gh0st_Of_0nyx

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..King_of_Sorrow

It hasnt benefited any ps3 exclusive or multiplat games because if it was they would be FAR better then anything on the 360 which they arent. The only games I see that use blu-ray well are uncharted and HS which are both just single player game that arent even that long.
King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 King_of_Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 1193 Posts
[QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..Gh0st_Of_0nyx

It hasnt benefited any ps3 exclusive or multiplat games because if it was they would be FAR better then anything on the 360 which they arent. The only games I see that use blu-ray well are uncharted and HS which are both just single player game that arent even that long.

Is more disc space beneficial or detrimental to gaming?

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
I personally bought it for the games. Currently have Warhawk, Resistance, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet and Clank, and Madden. I play Warhawk and Resistance online more than any 360 game to be honest. I do play COD4 and Halo 3 online a decent amount though. Warhawk is such a phenomenal game though...it pretty much outdoes any online title out there atm IMO.
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
Kinda hard to take it serious as a game console when it gets bundled with movies like Spider man and now Harry potter.
IamTehN00bness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 IamTehN00bness
Member since 2005 • 487 Posts
What I find hard to understand is that people accept the Wii as a gaming console.
Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts

because its cool to say its a BD player that also play games.

Weel, 360 is a DVD player that also plays games..

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 100Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts

it has games

folkore

UT3 (in 07)

HS

uncharted

R&C

warhawk

eye of judgement

it got FREE ONLINE

$399 is affordable

Tnasty11

folkore - 7.0 flop

UT3 (in 07) - multiplat

HS 8.0 flop

uncharted 8.0

R&C 7.5 flop

warhawk 8.5

eye of judgement 7.5

:lol:

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..King_of_Sorrow

At the moment? Detrimental. It could be beneficial in the future, if the format is not eclipsed by a more efficient format, or a better method of data management (ie, compression and HDD storage on PC games).

Forgetting the PC and handheld markets where it's irrelevent, in the console industry it's caused an increase in price of the PS3, making it harder for consumers to adopt the system, meaning the market becomes less competitive and giving developers less incentives to make games. It also makes the PS3 less appealing to certain consumers due to immature HD TV adoption rates around the globe. We aren't quite in the era where High Def is standard.

Honestly, all Blu-ray provides in terms of benefits to gaming is more numerous and higher quality audio and cutscenes. It doesn't really make games longer, and while in theory it can make games look better with extra textures, in reality texture files are so small, and console GPUs so limited, the extra space is just superflous in that regard.

So yeah, on paper Blu-ray should be an advantage. But it's working itself out as a disadvantage, since it's a big impediment to the adoption of the PS3, which, although fanboys don't want to happen, is an advantage even if you don't use Sony consoles, since it keeps things very competitive.

Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blue-Sphere
Member since 2006 • 1972 Posts
Exactly. Nothing else needs to be said.
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

Is more disc space beneficial or detrimental to gaming?

Are you really trying to get me to answer your question to make myself look foolish :?

Blu-ray hasnt helped one game on the ps3 look better or play better then anything on the 360 NOT one game. Crysis is on standard DvD and it blows anything we have seen this generation out of the water so more disk space dosent mean better games as cow's have come to belive.

DvD 9's are good for this generation the next generation is when the game companys make either HD-DVD or blu-ray the standard for video game disk size.

CaptainHerlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CaptainHerlock
Member since 2007 • 755 Posts
[QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..Gh0st_Of_0nyx

That is 100% completely and inequivocally untrue. Evan Wells of Naughty Dog recently said that Uncharted takes up 91% of Blu Ray disc and though while the game wouldn't necessarily be impossible on a conventional DVD, it would be significantly different. Ratchet and Clank TOD takes up a 22gigs of a 25gig Blu Ray disc and Kojima San has also stated that Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to take up a full Blu Ray disc.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

[QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..CaptainHerlock

That is 100% completely and inequivocally untrue. Evan Wells of Naughty Dog recently said that Uncharted takes up 91% of Blu Ray disc and though while the game wouldn't necessarily be impossible on a conventional DVD, it would be significantly different. Ratchet and Clank TOD takes up a 22gigs of a 25gig Blu Ray disc and Kojima San has also stated that Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to take up a full Blu Ray disc.

A company that make PS3 exclusive games is talking about the "benefits" of Blu-ray yeah alright Ill take his opinion to the bank.

And if those games used so much of the Blu-ray then why did they both score so low :? Lemme guess MS payed of GS to flop them because Cnet/GS is biased :roll:

And provide a link to were kojima said that MGS4 is going to take up the whole blu-ray disk plz ?

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="CaptainHerlock"][QUOTE="Gh0st_Of_0nyx"][QUOTE="King_of_Sorrow"]

A company that make PS3 exclusive games is talking about the "benefits" of Blu-ray yeah alright Ill take his opinion to the bank.

And if those games used so much of the Blu-ray then why did they both score so low :? Lemme guess MS payed of GS to flop them because Cnet/GS is biased :roll:

And provide a link to were kojima said that MGS4 is going to take up the whole blu-ray disk plz ?

Why would the amount of Bluray disc a game takes up decide how well a game scores? :|

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Because according to cow's blu-ray makes games better. Wouldnt that be the logical thing to suggest since if blu-ray makes games better they should score higher :?
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Puckhog04

Because according to cow's blu-ray makes games better. Wouldnt that be the logical thing to suggest since if blu-ray makes games better they should score higher :?Gh0st_Of_0nyx

I don't think they mean that literally...

They simply mean that more content can be put into a game and that textures and such can look better. Doesn't necessarily mean that every game will inherently be better because it's on bluray.

Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
I can't believe we're not talking about 4D.
comptonst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 comptonst
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts

[QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..Blue-Sphere

Its a bit more expensive because they are giving us new technology that is way superior than anything out there.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Currently the system hasn't proved itself to be one, I am thinking 08 should be that time. The games out are good but nothing to redeem a purchase on I personally think.

briney1819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 briney1819
Member since 2003 • 93 Posts

it has games

folkore

UT3 (in 07)

HS

uncharted

R&C

warhawk

eye of judgement

it got FREE ONLINE

$399 is affordable

Tnasty11
when it the most expensive and the least selling of the 3 consoles
blackbetty1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blackbetty1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
All I wanted was a gaming machine. Before launch all I read across many sites and mags was that the next gen for Sony should bring something new to the table. Now they have brought out a console that satisfied that demand. If fanboys would shut-up and put their money where their mouth is, then maybe they would stop pushing back release on AAA games. What Sony did was listen to a bunch of 15 year old fanboys with no jobs and have paid the price for it. If you're not going to support the system, stopwhining that devs don't develop for it. It's a self fulfilling prophecy.(And yes I bought mine at launch)
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Puckhog04

An actual gaming console not being considered a gaming console by people on a forum...

Oh noes! Houston, how far is the meteor from earth? :shock:

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
Why people don't accept the wii as gaming console?
blackbetty1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 blackbetty1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Like it or not, the so-called "console war" is so much tripe. This is a format war, and the winning format stands to make alot more money for each side than their gaming divisions do. It's apparent that Sony accomplished this goal. Yeah it sucks for gamers, but welcome to capitalism.
lucoque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lucoque
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts
[QUOTE="Tnasty11"]

it has games

folkore

UT3 (in 07)

HS

uncharted

R&C

warhawk

eye of judgement

it got FREE ONLINE

$399 is affordable

100Gamer

folkore - 7.0 flop

UT3 (in 07) - multiplat

HS 8.0 flop

uncharted 8.0

R&C 7.5 flop

warhawk 8.5

eye of judgement 7.5

you do no that your getting your scores from this site.....right? check a reviewing site with credibility like ign

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
[QUOTE="100Gamer"][QUOTE="Tnasty11"]

it has games

folkore

UT3 (in 07)

HS

uncharted

R&C

warhawk

eye of judgement

it got FREE ONLINE

$399 is affordable

lucoque

folkore - 7.0 flop

UT3 (in 07) - multiplat

HS 8.0 flop

uncharted 8.0

R&C 7.5 flop

warhawk 8.5

eye of judgement 7.5

you do no that your getting your scores from this site.....right? check a reviewing site with credibility like ign

we are on gamespot, go to the ign boards if u don't like gs score.
tcarruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tcarruth
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

[QUOTE="Blue-Sphere"][QUOTE="Erebyssial"]If it was mostly a gaming console they wouldn't have charged so much for it..comptonst

Its a bit more expensive because they are giving us new technology that is way superior than anything out there.

Yeah they should have squeezed an electron microscope and a particle accelerator in there as well... would have really made the games good..