Why is Halo 4 so bad?

• 179 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -

343 has taken a dearly beloved franchise (the only M$ franchise i liked) and destroyed it in every possible way.

- The multiplayer is a Call of Duty rip off. Vehicles and Gundam robots don't really belong.

- Armor powerups don't belong in Halo games, it never worked. The running feature is also stupid. I liked the feel of everyone walking at the same speed that Halo 3 had, no one could easily get away. If you decided to rush your opponents, you paid the price. In Halo 4 you can rush and be out like nothing happened, no consequences.

- The maps are worse than Halo Reach's maps. They are too few of them too, all because M$ got greedy and wanted to force everyone to pay for more maps, so they shipped the game with like 6 maps. Even COD has at least 15+ maps in the vanilla versions, before all the map packs come.

- They are all too big for their own good, except a few.

- The DMR is overused and too powerful.

- It doesn't feel like you are playing Halo. There is no reason to be competitive. The Halo 4 community is nothing but casuals, no Halo veterans stayed for more than a few weeks. (Theres a reason why this pile of garbage didn't make it MLG)

Thats all i can think about for now. It was a waste of money, and i kick myself for it.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

Do you own a 360?

#3 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

It isn't.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (29245 posts) -
Why I don't care
#5 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

343 has taken a dearly beloved franchise (the only M$ franchise i liked) and destroyed it in every possible way.

- The multiplayer is a Call of Duty rip off. Vehicles and Gundam robots don't really belong.

- Armor powerups don't belong in Halo games, it never worked. The running feature is also stupid. I liked the feel of everyone walking at the same speed that Halo 3 had, no one could easily get away. If you decided to rush your opponents, you paid the price. In Halo 4 you can rush and be out like nothing happened, no consequences.

- The maps are worse than Halo Reach's maps. They are too few of them too, all because M$ got greedy and wanted to force everyone to pay for more maps, so they shipped the game with like 6 maps. Even COD has at least 15+ maps in the vanilla versions, before all the map packs come.

- It doesn't feel like you are playing Halo. There is no reason to be competitive. The Halo 4 community is nothing but casuals, no Halo veterans stayed for more than a few weeks. (Theres a reason why this pile of garbage didn't make it MLG)

Thats all i can think about for now. It was a waste of money, and i kick myself for it.

What do you think?

SonyNintendoFan
Nope. Don't agree. Halo 4 was great to me:) carry on cowing though. Cows Gonna Cow
#7 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
I really enjoyed the single player...could care less about online play
#8 Posted by Ackad (3150 posts) -
Doesn't have a hymen
#9 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34128 posts) -

It isn't.

lundy86_4

#10 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
while I agree to an extent, you're being a little too harsh on the game. Halo simply doesn't have it's own identity anymore. Just like so many other shooters, it has fallen victim to the unstoppable Cod influence, because 90% of the kids that play shooters now didn't start until after 2007 and Cod 4 came out. All we can hope for is that next gen kills this Call of Duty obsession, because it's ruined far too many good franchises that used to be golden.
#11 Posted by MonsieurX (29245 posts) -
Doesn't have a hymenAckad
Well,that was fast
#12 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Why is everything wrong in the OP?

*looks at TC*

Oh, I found the answer.

#13 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Because they casualized it.

#14 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

TC is garbage.

[spoiler] But so is Halo 4 [/spoiler]

#15 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
They cod-ified it.
#16 Posted by Joedgabe (5093 posts) -

:lol: at TC's name.... 

but Idk if i should say Halo 4 is really bad...  but it is unbelibably boring. At least to me because I have access to a large library including FPS that are a LOT better in gameplay( Bioshock for example )

#17 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

- The multiplayer is a Call of Duty rip off. Vehicles and Gundam robots don't really belong. Halo came out before COD.

- Armor powerups don't belong in Halo games, it never worked. I agree with this one.

- The maps are worse than Halo Reach's maps. There are too few of them too. I agree, most of the maps are bad. And by the way, Halo 4 had 10 maps before the map packs- which add an additional 9.

- They are all too big for their own good, except a few. There are only two or three big maps.

- The DMR is overused and too powerful. Every game has OP weapons.

- It doesn't feel like you are playing Halo. It doesn't feel like Halo, but that can be a good thing. You can't have the same game every year. *cough* COD *cough*

SonyNintendoFan

Halo 4 is a great game, but the multiplayer just fails to appeal to me. I quit after a few weeks. The campaign is truly amazing.

#18 Posted by avshaman (86 posts) -

Im far from being an xbox fan and prefer the PS3 by far, but in my opinion Halo 4 was the best one ever.

#19 Posted by MBirdy88 (7438 posts) -
while I agree to an extent, you're being a little too harsh on the game. Halo simply doesn't have it's own identity anymore. Just like so many other shooters, it has fallen victim to the unstoppable Cod influence, because 90% of the kids that play shooters now didn't start until after 2007 and Cod 4 came out. All we can hope for is that next gen kills this Call of Duty obsession, because it's ruined far too many good franchises that used to be golden.Plagueless
It wont happen. MMORPGs are still stuck in the WoW rut in the same way FPS are stuck in the CoD Rut. People are hyping TESO, Guild Wars, all similar theme park casual formulars that we have played time and time again, none come close to WoW(CoDs) success. Even Final Fantasy XIV is much more like WoW/Guild Wars on this front with its re-brand. These are standards for those genres now, for good or bad (mostly bad.). The days of an MMO ever having the potential for a really emmserive fantasy open world are dead.... along with twitch arena and complex shooters that are not just RPG hybrids. Battlefield 3 was superior to CoD in everyway.
#20 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
That's why the official name is now Halol 4.
#21 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

It isn't.

DJ-Lafleur

#22 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -
They cod-ified it. SaltyMeatballs
Where did your sig go? :'(
#23 Posted by walkingdream (4883 posts) -
This thread has been made before with the exact same title.... Hmm don't try to indoctrinate thanks Anyways it was a good game, but i felt previous games were better. The SP was pretty good really liked some aspects of it. MP is good as well but pretty forgettable.
#24 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -

Toastin in a roll bread

#25 Posted by Vaasman (11192 posts) -

Sonynintendofan seems like a credible source for xbox exclusive reviews...................

I'll go ahead and say I enjoyed the game, though like Reach, I felt it was disappointing and not up to the campaign standards set by the original trilogy. The story in particular really starts to derail near the end. Gameplay was good throughout but never really has any high points like scarab fighting.

Multiplayer was good, but only in an "if it aint broke don't fix it," kind of way.

#26 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7249 posts) -

TC is funny maybe you just suck at MP

#27 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]They cod-ified it. senses_fail_06

Got moderated for it being too big, apparently it can only be 1MB :(
#28 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -
[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]They cod-ified it. SaltyMeatballs

Son of a bi... I need to see if there is an extended version of the GIF.
#29 Posted by super600 (30154 posts) -

What do you think?

SonyNintendoFan

Besides the ordinance,the JIP system, the terrible first few episodes in Spartan ops and etc the game is really great.The ordinance don;t always reward you unlike the COD version the last time I checked.You can still die if you use a weapon dropped from ordinance.I found out that most of the armor features are useless unless you know how to abuse them(I.E promethian vision and camo).The regeneration shield is awesome anyway.I care little about the running feature.The DMR is not as overpowered as you think. It does have a ridiculous range and your reticule always stays still while shooting.It still takes at least 60 bullets to kill a vehicle and about 5 to kill a spartan if you headshot them..And most of the maps are fun.And there a bunch of competitive modes without ordinance or armor abilties like team throwdown.

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (46275 posts) -
vehicles make it a cod clone and dont belong in a halo game? lol wut?
#31 Posted by kingtito (4803 posts) -
[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"]

What do you think?

Nice opinion, which I don't happen to share in.
#32 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -
I think it is great but there is no community like there was in 3. I wish they would make the dlc free or force it on people because no one is really buying it. The DMR is overpowered though but I have got pretty good with BR and can normally win mid to close range, that long range on the DMR is just insane. I must say I do not care about most of the perks, but no one should be allowed to spawn with plasma grenades and pistols it ruins the vehicle aspect in big game modes( hell dont the guns do enough damage to the vehicles). I dont know if anyone played on this map called Exile, which is picked every time in dominion and big team, it has a scorpion and that scorpion blows up in a matter of seconds as soon as the game starts. The game has its issues and I could complain about it all day especially how guns disappear in a couple seconds, but it is much funner then reach because it has a much faster pace and oddball and ctf are as good if not better than they have ever been.
#34 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10563 posts) -
I played Halo 4 for a week and got bored of it. I played Halo 3 for 2 years and never got bored of it.
#35 Posted by cainetao11 (16613 posts) -

What do you think?

SonyNintendoFan
I think your opinion and mine are polar opposites. "Armor power ups don't belong in Halo games"? What makes you the decider? The devs feel they do belong. Sprinting complaint cries, "I don't want to work out a new strategy, so the sprint is bad"; If it did feel like you were playing Halo, then it would be a complaint about it being rehashed; in the end, like or don't like what you want but give me a break. None of us can sit and say what belongs in a game. we don't make those decisions.
#36 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -
For started its way too shorrtt 2-4 hours? NO THX as for Gameplay, like many users have mention its now COD wannabe, no personality. It doesnt have the bungie magic either.
#37 Posted by Advid-Gamer (4632 posts) -

I found the first half of the game very enjoyable. The 2nd half that was basically 343 addictions, the new weapons, enemy's and environment's are total garbage. The orignal halo elements are still great, the additions 343 added were bland and boring. IMO Halo is finished with out bungie

#38 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

What do you think?

SonyNintendoFan
Have you played it? No.
#39 Posted by AdobeArtist (22789 posts) -

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]They cod-ified it. SaltyMeatballs

And yet, you chose to cut the wrong gif to condense your sig :evil:

As for the topic... yeah well there's not much point in arguing with someone who makes false pretenses at having previously enjoyed Halo.

#40 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6541 posts) -

I honestly thought it was really similar to previous games just with better graphics. I guess die hard fans of halo would be more able to pick out the smaller differences

#41 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2522 posts) -

I enjoyed the Campaign a lot. Didn't really care for the online.

#42 Posted by super600 (30154 posts) -

Why is this thread eating posts?

#43 Posted by super600 (30154 posts) -

I think it is great but there is no community like there was in 3. I wish they would make the dlc free or force it on people because no one is really buying it. The DMR is overpowered though but I have got pretty good with BR and can normally win mid to close range, that long range on the DMR is just insane. I must say I do not care about most of the perks, but no one should be allowed to spawn with plasma grenades and pistols it ruins the vehicle aspect in big game modes( hell dont the guns do enough damage to the vehicles). I dont know if anyone played on this map called Exile, which is picked every time in dominion and big team, it has a scorpion and that scorpion blows up in a matter of seconds as soon as the game starts. The game has its issues and I could complain about it all day especially how guns disappear in a couple seconds, but it is much funner then reach because it has a much faster pace and oddball and ctf are as good if not better than they have ever been.redskins26rocs

You mean plasma pistols.The vehicles are really weak, but I have gotten close to a killing frenzy with multiple vehicles.If you get lucky you can last the whole match in the scorpion

#44 Posted by kozzy1234 (35144 posts) -

Liked Halo4 alo more than Halo3 personally.

#45 Posted by Ghost120x (3691 posts) -
That's why I didn't bother buying it after playing that terrible game called Halo Reach. After that game I lost faith in the entire franchise. Why do good things always come to an end? :cry:
#46 Posted by Basinboy (10993 posts) -

Both MP and SP are just okay (neither are the series' worst or best)

Biggest problems: technical limitations and lack of creative backbone

#47 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Because it is restricted to being a halo game.
#48 Posted by Yoshi9000 (384 posts) -

Even as an xbox owner, halo 4 was a dissapointment. Not enough vehicles, boring enemies (Covenant have gotten redundant to fight), lackluster story, it was just bland. If you are going to continue the series, it needs innovation. I'm more excited for Destiny than halo, I guess for me, it has always been about Bungie.

#49 Posted by mariokart64fan (19355 posts) -

because halo refuses to get with the times--  lets see t imesplitters has ai  in multiplayer ,   

halo does not , has not will not and  ,

the single player is still lame 10 levels long and easy compared to goldeneye007 on n64  (and  ge n64 gives more reason to play --cheats etc) halo does not 

#50 Posted by Wickerman777 (1134 posts) -

I don't play online multiplayer so don't know about that. But I liked the campaign.