Why is Deep Down being criticized on SW?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

Deep Down looks PHENOMENAL!! I don't understand the criticism for it on SW. The game is a third person old-school-style dungeon crawl with amazing graphics and great music. What's not to like? Deep Down is the kind of game that Action RPG fans want!! Heck, anyone can appreciate a game like Deep Down, just the visuals and atmosphere alone are very impressive.

So why all the hate for it on SW? It is just because it's free-to-play? Because that would be a really stupid reason to hate a game.

#2 Edited by Heil68 (42609 posts) -

I'm still interested in it and I dont care if it's F2P.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (38162 posts) -

Because Ryse is not a good game.

#4 Edited by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

it doesn't look fun to play that is why. Graphics can only take you so far. Also this is a gaming forum so most people here are hardcore gamers who aren't as easily fooled by polygons (at least one would hope). The game from what I have seen look meh. But I reserve final judgement till I see more. Looks great though for whatever that's worth.

#5 Posted by Sushiglutton (5171 posts) -

F2P, made by Capcom, has adopetd the Animus (out of all things) from AC, procedurally generated levels, MP focused.

#6 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5884 posts) -

Graphics got a downgrade and is in the tightest corridor in gaming history. Still looks good IMO.

#7 Edited by mems_1224 (45737 posts) -

Because it looks like a shitty ass game

#8 Posted by foxhound_fox (86855 posts) -

Because it looks like shit and should be recognized as such until it comes out and perhaps proves us all wrong? Unfounded hype only ever leads to disappointment and ownage.

#9 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3223 posts) -

Everything gets criticized here. Even perfect games.

#10 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Because Capcom are arguably the worst when it comes to milking their fans for cash. Add in there "must appeal to COD fans" we are probably looking at the cluster fuck of Pay-walled generic crap.

On the plus side my expectations for this game are Zero so even if it gets a 1/10 then it's a pleasant surprise.

#11 Edited by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

Cause it's capcom and it's free to play. It's pretty much destined to be shit from the get go. The majority of free to play games just pale in comparison to a properly made one off purchase game. These games are designed to save money by making a poor quality game with limited amount of content all the while milking the consumer to death through microtransactions. You think developer is going to bother making a quality game that's free? Absurd.

#12 Edited by silversix_ (13553 posts) -

1- Atrocious looking combat, its like there's one animation for every weapon and it looks like there's like hmmmmmmmmmmmm ONE weapon, a fking spear...

2- more repetitive environment than what DA2 had

3- Dark Souls wannabe in a wrong way

4- Capcom

5- F2P. This is the primary reason.

This game will score exactly like Warframe u just watch

#13 Edited by lamprey263 (22426 posts) -

I thought it was free to play because it was basically not much more than a tech demo for something else Capcom was planning on making.

#14 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38153 posts) -

It looks bad that's why. F2P, always online, randomly generated, awful split timeline narrative, shitty voice acting

Oh and everything gets criticised here regardless

#15 Posted by jake44 (1901 posts) -

Because it's F2P and made by Capcom. Also, the graphics have taken a hit since it's reveal.

#16 Edited by CroidX (925 posts) -

Randomly generated levels I mean its clear its going to be grindy not only that this is Capcom and the fact its f2p will mean micro transaction out of the ass from them

#17 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -
#18 Edited by TheFadeForever (1633 posts) -

The current graphics aren't anything to praise about seems like cow lost faith in it when it was revealed that the game will be f2p

#19 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16459 posts) -

Why do you care what SW thinks? You can't find a bigger pool of clueless morons in one place if you tried. People around here's opinion is about as worthless as they come for me. In fact it is a rule around here for me to go with the exact opposite of what is said around and most of the time I am right.

#20 Edited by Ballroompirate (21622 posts) -

Everything gets criticized here. Even perfect games.

This is probably the greatest post I've seen in System Wars to date.

#21 Posted by cooolio (428 posts) -
#22 Posted by foxhound_fox (86855 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@foxhound_fox: It does not look like shit to everybody.

The only people who don't think it looks like shit are blind fanboys who are not being critical/cynical enough.

#23 Edited by Chutebox (36183 posts) -

Looks like shit

#24 Posted by RogueStatus28 (501 posts) -

It looks like crap, it's from Capcom, it's F2P, it will include micro transactions.

#25 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

Free 2 Play (Cash shop ) + Capcom = alk;jwserp29u34oqjfalk

#26 Posted by chessmaster1989 (28951 posts) -

It really doesn't look that good. The fact that it's f2p pretty much kills any hope I might have had for it.

#27 Edited by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

Many people ITT labeling F2P as the games biggest flaw/offender.........are F2P games on consoles THAT bad?

Have you guys not gotten your POE, Dota2, HearthStone, EQ-Next, or PlanetSide2 yet?

#28 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3665 posts) -

All capcom had to do was make a Dragons Dogma sequel for next generation hardware, not this F2P demo souls weirdo

#29 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Because Capcom + F2P sounds like a disaster just waiting to explode. Not to mention that the game was watered down visually compared to its unveiling, but cows are already damage controlling it hard! Face it, PS4 is not all you scrubs thought it would be. Now that it's out, everyone can see that it is just some mid level PC, in a closed platform, putting out crap console kid games.

#30 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Many people ITT labeling F2P as the games biggest flaw/offender.........are F2P games on consoles THAT bad?

Have you guys not gotten your POE, Dota2, HearthStone, EQ-Next, or PlanetSide2 yet?

Most of the F2P games you mentioned utterly destroy and shit on any Console retail game. PC is too leet for these casual console kids.

#31 Posted by UevenLiftBro (70 posts) -

GrindToPlay sucks balls, now go play your shitty FTP games.

#33 Posted by cfisher2833 (1500 posts) -

1. Made by Capcom

2. Free to Play

3, It looked clunky (like a crappy Dark Souls)

4. The camera in the game needs serious work

5. It feels like a wannabe Dark Souls with AssCreed story elements thrown in.

6. The dialogue was terrible, and the voice acting equally atrocious. "Come at me freaks!!"

#34 Posted by TheFadeForever (1633 posts) -

@xboxdone74:

How about you defend the game then since apparently we are jelly of this game for some reason

#35 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

They are coming. PS2 soon on PS4 , world of tanks on the 360 and I'm sure Hearthstone will come out on everything.

It's not so much about trusting F2P it's more to do with not trusting Capcom with F2P.

#36 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@TheFadeForever: what about it needs defending? Game looks great and is causing mass jelly.

#37 Posted by m_machine024 (14843 posts) -

Sorry. Not interested in pointy spear repetitive gameplay. Combat looks so clunky. Visuals are nice tho.

#38 Posted by TheFadeForever (1633 posts) -

@xboxdone74:

And how does it look great care to explain unless you think graphics is all that makes a game

#39 Edited by cooolio (428 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: Not true. That is generalizing anybody who likes the game and insulting in a very harsh way at the same time. I understand that i looks like a copy souls games, but do not insult people. We all have our own opinions, and you have given one and so have I.

#40 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5129 posts) -

I stopped caring when they took out the Voxel Cone Tracing engine that they pretended was running on PS4, and not on a development PC with a GTX 680.

The extended gameplay demo they showed off at TGS with cone tracing (the demo is being played with DS4s, and even has Dualshock 4 button prompts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIRUImPWaOo

The recent trailer yesterday with baked on lighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rTwPVlvwFA

If you thought for one second that the first video was running on PS4's and that thats what the final game was going to look like on an almost 3 year old laptop GPU, you are an idiot.

Its a shame really.

#41 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

I stopped caring when they took out the Voxel Cone Tracing engine that they pretended was running on PS4, and not on a development PC with a GTX 680.

Pitiful reason. Prime example of what is wrong with gamers.

#42 Edited by uninspiredcup (6830 posts) -

1. Publishers attempt to use "next gen" launch to fuck you for all the money you have.

2. Currently every single "next gen" title released has been butt shittingly shit.

#43 Posted by kinectthedots (1492 posts) -

it looks great to me,

the vocal majoirty who seem to act like they hate it are rabid xbox drones and PC trolls. some PS fans may be intimidated to say they like it because of all the hate but if a game looks good to me no idiot fanboy can change my opinion.

The same idiots who bashed Demon's Souls saying how horrible it looked as a PS exclusive when it was first revealed now praise Dark Souls even with worse controls downgraded world system...these are the pepole you are hearing from now.

#44 Posted by MBirdy88 (7141 posts) -

F2P, made by Capcom, has adopetd the Animus (out of all things) from AC, procedurally generated levels, MP focused.

sounds better than 99% of console games already.

#45 Edited by MBirdy88 (7141 posts) -

1. Made by Capcom

2. Free to Play

3, It looked clunky (like a crappy Dark Souls)

4. The camera in the game needs serious work

5. It feels like a wannabe Dark Souls with AssCreed story elements thrown in.

6. The dialogue was terrible, and the voice acting equally atrocious. "Come at me freaks!!"

1. ok... this is a good point.

2. so? lots of good free2play games now.

3. yes... as if dark souls wasn't clunky as hell.... only reason it was remotely difficult/cheap.

4. . ok maybe...

5. .. god forbid concepts are reused.

6. true, but not a deal breaker, given that Dark Souls was equally as terrible.

#46 Edited by Suppaman100 (3579 posts) -

Still looks better than any future Xbone game.

#47 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3168 posts) -

F2P, Crapcom, PS4 exclusive so lems hate it.

First two are legit red flags, last one is just lems being lems.

#48 Edited by PAL360 (26564 posts) -

Graphics look good, but the gameplay looks lame. Hope it turns out great, though, i'll be playing every F2P game on PS4.

#49 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6159 posts) -

Still looks better than any future Xbone game.

Poor lems. They're being sucked dry by Microsoft. :(

At least gamers have Sony.

#50 Edited by foxhound_fox (86855 posts) -
@MBirdy88 said:

3. yes... as if dark souls wasn't clunky as hell.... only reason it was remotely difficult/cheap.

Dark Souls wasn't clunky, and it wasn't hard or cheap.

It had some bugs, yes, but the gameplay was amazingly solid and fair. If you took your time and played with patience, you could play through the whole game at SL1. In fact, it was a sign of an excellent player who could bring top-tier equipment to the opening area with a SL1-10 character for PvP.

People who played it like even Call of Duty, would be punished severely.