Why I don't like PS4

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#52 Posted by AtariKidX (6209 posts) -

I believe you..........lololol

#53 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@Szminsky said:

Im not buying the x1 until it comes kinect-less, price dropped... and with games I'm actually interested in.

So you aren't interested in a console that has around 7 different genres at launch to choose from (not counting multiplats). You must be one of those gamers that only cares for FPS

#54 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

@Szminsky said:

Im not buying the x1 until it comes kinect-less, price dropped... and with games I'm actually interested in.

So you aren't interested in a console that has around 7 different genres at launch to choose from (not counting multiplats). You must be one of those gamers that only cares for FPS

Maybe he means good games?

#55 Edited by edwardecl (2112 posts) -

You keep telling yourself that Xbox One is next gen... for me and many others 720p is not acceptable for most games. Taking the gimmick camera out of the equation what more does it offer?

#56 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Szminsky said:

Killzone 3 was a good game?

#57 Edited by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: I've actually only really liked 2 FPS franchises, and that's KZ and Deus ex (if you can call it that). I can't stand the COD's the BF's, and the Halo's, the twitch/floaty gameplay doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm mostly into rpg's and strategy games though. The only game in the X1 lineup that caught my interest is quantum break, but we have seen next to nothing from that yet.

#58 Posted by handssss (1821 posts) -

@jhcho2: The PS4 has marginally better graphics according to many reports. The exclusives so far are marginally better on the X1. I have a fully decked out gaming PC connected to a 60'' TV, so the graphics of both are not what I care about; they both suck relatively compared to PC. The main reason people are hyping of PS4 so much is that it's 100 bucks cheaper and the initial DRM announcement alienated so many people.

that and most of us know beyond the scope of 1-2 years, MS has a shitty track record of supporting their core gamer audience whereas we haven't even heard of half the 1st party games ps4 is going to be getting for its 1st wave. Marginally better graphics isn't a big deal, but the fact that the stronger system is the $100 cheaper one amplifies both aspects to make it more appealing. With most games and almost all multiplats worth a damn being on both systems, the choice is pretty clear for many unless someone REALLY needs Halo, to watch TV on their Xbox instead of normally, or all their friends are staying with the Xbox.

#59 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29103 posts) -

What's so bad about the PS controller layout? I have both a 360 and a PS3 and both of their controllers are good.

#60 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: KZ3 was good, except the execution of the story and dumbing down the MP elements from KZ2. In order for guerilla to really have something special with KZ SF is if they fixed the writing, and took inspiration from KZ2's MP. That's what I'm hoping for.

#61 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@Szminsky said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: KZ3 was good, except the execution of the story and dumbing down the MP elements from KZ2. In order for guerilla to really have something special with KZ SF is if they fixed the writing, and took inspiration from KZ2's MP. That's what I'm hoping for.

They took inspiration from the Call of Duty multiplayer a bit too much sadly

#62 Posted by _Matt_ (8867 posts) -

You don't like the PS4 because you're a fanboy... enough said.

#63 Edited by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: Perhaps, guess there's a few more days until we know for sure.

#64 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4038 posts) -

I do agree that the graphics of next gen consoles have very much been over rated.

So for me, next gen is about features. And although the Xbox One might be less powerful, at least for now, from what I see, it has more diverse features. Which is why it's more interesting to me.

#65 Posted by marinko123 (411 posts) -

The problem is, xbox one is wasting resources on things like skype and tv etc. when you can just, you know, watch normal tv and use skype on pc just like you could always do. Are you seriously gonna tell me that you're gonna be switching between tv and games or skype and games all the time to justify using system resources which are already lower than on ps4? If you want multimedia, I'm sure you have a pc for that. How is xbox one a "unique multimedia device"? It doesn't offer anything that a pc or cable box don't. MS should have pumped money into gaming studios instead of nfl deals because their studios are lacking when compared to sony's.

Tell you what, show me how kinect can be useful in games, show me the quality of service on xbox live, show me that you have more games and better games in development than sony. Then I might be sold. Not because I can watch tv on a console, not because I can skype while gaming, it's about games. Dead rising 3 is a good start but they have a long way to go.

#66 Posted by Heil68 (43457 posts) -

I didn't like MS's direction last gen when they decided to drop core to go upwards of 65% casual with Kinect(lol). Then watching Sony get that perfect 10/10 game and those unprecedented number of GOTY's, I had no other choice but to go with PS4 first and possibly I'll get xbone later on down the road.

#67 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Agreed. What is different aside from graphics with the PS4 compared to any other console before it? The One feels like a next gen system because not only does it have the better exclusives but it has better multimedia and it will go perfectly with my PC.

The Xbone itself can't run games at a higher resolution than 360 so its pointless.

Yes the X1 can. Get your facts straight.

#68 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@djexertive said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: People never seem to address the point that aiming with great accuracy in competitive first person shooters is almost impossible with the playstation controllers. Major League Gaming and other gaming leagues ALWAYS have the games on xbox 360's because playstation's controllers are horrible.

You obviously haven't tried the Dualshock 4. Most people seem to like it more than the Xbone controller.

I am not trying to defend TC by no means, but you just keep going with one stupid reply after the next. He is telling you what HE thinks of the controller. What most think about the controller is irrelevant. In your fucked up fanboyish head he has to like the controller or he is lying about ever using it because "most" people like it.

And here is a kicker for you. I think both the 360 and X1 are useless piece of crap that I wouldn't ever waste my money on. But get this. I would take the 360 controller over the DS3 any day and do use it for my PC all the time. There is a good chance I will like the X1 controller more than the DS4 controller. I like the left analog stick location on the 360 controller vs a Sony controller. I like having it sit right across from the buttons so that I don't have to hold my controller at a weird angle like I do the DS3 due to the analog stick not sitting right across from the buttons. The DS3 is also too small for my hands, but that issue looks to be fixed with the DS4, but it's left analog stick is still in a fucked up spot like it always has been.

I would be amazed if I EVER saw a non fanboyish response from you. I am an equal opportunity fanboy hater. I don't just hate lem fanboys because I am into the Playstation brand more than any other (other than PC which will always rule my gaming). I hate all pathetic fanboys. Cows, hermits, lems, and sheep included. You are all pathetic and need to get out more and find a girlfriend or something.

#69 Posted by nexus303 (204 posts) -

@djexertive said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yes, I know...But buying a system for ONE game?

Don't act like Sony's first party studios won't be making great exclusives for PS4 over the next 10 years. PS4 will also have the superior multiplats this time around.

Well going by the PS3's history, you can safely wait the first three years before buying the PS4

#70 Posted by nexus303 (204 posts) -

@EZs said:

@djexertive said:

@EZs: The xbox 360 and the ps3 also had the ability to play netflix and hulu plus. The interface of the X1 is far superior.

Ok so would you agree PS4 is also a multimedia device?

No in fact it is not. The PS4 is not DLNA compatible, so no streaming videos/music to it from your PC/Media server etc.

#71 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Another desperate lemming thread *yawn*. Is this what we'll get till both consoles launch?

#72 Posted by YD_11 (1633 posts) -

I highly suggest people actually look up the differences between the two systems. Dare i say some may even be swayed to the X1?? Probably not because most here are crazy fan boys who have pledged allegiance to Sony. Hell, just go to each respective website; afterall, who would talk up their products more than those who made them? Believe me, I've gone and done the research

I think you'll find there is so much more going for the X1 than the ps4. And it's okay to cross over... really it is ;)

#73 Posted by Telekill (4395 posts) -

@djexertive: It's all a matter of opinion. You have yours and I have mine. Unlike others on these boards though, I won't try to change your opinion. Enjoy your system and the games I cannot play (Killer Instinct chief among them).

#74 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

I don't dislike the PS4 at all. But I find it vastly basic and uninteresting. I feel that no matter the number of its first party studios, I only think 3 are stellar. And I think the Xbox Ones first year of games is just so superior. Now to be fair Sony hasn't announced all of its games including the new ND game, which will likely force me to buy a PS4, dammit, lol. But a new Remedy game, a new Insomniac game, Titanfall, Halo 5, and Ryse which I am truly getting excited for make for a great gaming lineup. Couple that with MS having their own unannounced games make for good times ahead.

Its after the gaming side, of which I accept the PS4 in terms of graphics is superior and will hit the 1080p mark far more often than the One, that the PS4 just becomes the PS3. The all in one entertainment features, HD group chat on Skype( one on one is free, group free for six months), snap apps, voice/motion control for the entire system, quick launch/switching, exclusive TV shows, Windows 8 apps down the line, NFL Fantasy football app, Xbox Fitness, and being able to add and upload audio and video commentary to your gaming clips just does a complete backhand slap to the PS4. I'm going to sacrifice 1080p for unscaled 720 to 1080p. Oh well. Couldn't give less than a fuck. One's exclusive games, features, voice/motion controls out the box, Xbox Fitness free for a year mean more to me than resolution and graphics. Plus, looking at the scale of Dead Rising 3, and the graphics of BF4, Ryse, and Forza, if they are what day one launch graphics look like on a system that isn't optimized at all, I feel the upside will deliver very good graphics and gameplay going forward.

My gaming experience just isn't how it was when I was 16 and lock myself away for hours and hours. Married with kids, I gotta justify this purchase (400 and 500 is alot of money these days) doing more than just playing my games. Gotta do something for the family, the kids and their friends, and even the wife. Not saying the PS4 can't offer that experience. But I don't think it does nearly as well.

#75 Edited by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D: People never seem to address the point that aiming with great accuracy in competitive first person shooters is almost impossible with the playstation controllers. Major League Gaming and other gaming leagues ALWAYS have the games on xbox 360's because playstation's controllers are horrible.

MLG doesn't even plays on consoles anymore. Everything is k/m these days. When they played on X360 was because of MS's huge bags of money to promote Halo and stuff but the market of the MLG changed and they become more... Professional? All they use now is PC.

#76 Edited by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

@djexertive said:

@jhcho2: The PS4 has marginally better graphics according to many reports. The exclusives so far are marginally better on the X1. I have a fully decked out gaming PC connected to a 60'' TV, so the graphics of both are not what I care about; they both suck relatively compared to PC. The main reason people are hyping of PS4 so much is that it's 100 bucks cheaper and the initial DRM announcement alienated so many people.

$100 and more powerful. And because it has much better 1st party support too. You know that when Naughty Dog showcase their new games many lems will go into suicidewatch.

You say you only care about games and not graphics because you have a PC but you and me know that the PS4 will end up with the most exclusives games yet you don't want to admit it. You're just a butthurt closet lem. PS4 wll sell more and it'll ultimately have the stronger support.

#77 Posted by dino7c (70 posts) -

Buy a $500 console to watch TV lol

I don't get all this media crap...the old systems can do all that crap. Sony seems to be the company that is actually concentrating on GAMING. Honestly what media feature am I gonna use on xbox one that I can't do now with old hardware or my computer itself? Pretty sad when on a gaming site people are trying to justify the media features of a supposed gaming console

#78 Edited by Promised_Trini (3584 posts) -

@djexertive said:

@Promised_Trini said:

Wow another troll account in SW.Also got Fakeboys agreeing with this BS.

Troll account that's been active for 6.5 years?

So 6.5 years,and your trolling.

#79 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150325 posts) -

Having played both the PS4 and X1, I have this to say:

The graphics of both are pretty much the same and are not much better than the graphics of later xbox 360 games like GTA V.

The X1 is a multimedia device and is quite unique in that regard. The PS4 is not.

The controller of the PS4 is as BAD as the rest of the playstation controllers. The sticks are too loose and are placed in the same awkward parallel position: this makes it almost impossible to play first person shooting games with the level of accuracy you have on xbox controllers.

The PS4 is simply the PS3 with marginally better graphics. PC graphics of 3-4 years ago are better/same than both systems.

Perhaps. But the X1 isn't much more than the 360....costs $100 more....and has silly extras that aren't necessary in a gaming console. Really.....I don't want to talk to my console. I want to play games on it. I have a TV....don't need the multimedia aspects of the X1.

Where the MS console lags is games. Most of the games I've bought for the 360 were multiplat. MS has not given their consoles the long support Sony has. I don't need the X1 to play multi plat games. I save money. Win win.

#80 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150325 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@djexertive said:

@NathanDrakeSwag: I have tried it and I don't think it would be good for shooting games.

FPS developers disagree with you. Developers > you

Do you remember playing an FPS on PS1, PS2, and PS3? How about on the two xboxes? Which sticks/layout gave you more precision? There's your answer.

Well that's just stupid. PS4 is not the PS3....is not the PS2....is not the PS1. You can't make any accurate assessment of the PS4 based on the past. There's your answer.

Anyway I don't notice a big difference between the controllers for the 360 and the PS3. Silly.

#81 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

I don't hate or even dislike the PS4 but there's 2 major issues I have with Sony.

1st. I work in web development and as someone who works with software, I find Sony's UI and network infrastructure an embarrassment. You would think they'd up their game but no, they still provided a slow, clunky, hideous looking UI, especially compared to what the XB1 is offering. I get that software is Microsoft's specialty but good lord the least Sony could of done is outsource of their internal development.

2nd. Sony's failure to push any innovation with their console. Microsoft is in the right here and is making an overall better console, where Sony is simply making a souped up PS3. Cows state that the PS4 is a gaming machine. What an awful excuse, calling the PS4 a gaming machine is an excuse and a cop out for Sony's failure to innovate on their console.

Oh noez, the XB1 is 100$ more and less powerful. Considering that most comparison videos show the PS4 having degraded textures and particle effects to reach 1080p I take it with a grain of salt. Sure, the PS4 has a more powerful GPU but the only thing that matters is how well it translates on screen and judging by what we've seen there isn't any 50% applied power difference which people are pulling out of their asses.

For 100$ more you're getting a far superior UI, integration with voice, Skype and TV, dedicated servers for all games, a far better cloud infrastructure than Gaikai, and just recently they showed this amazing Skydrive video

The XB1 is the better console overall

And cows saying that they don't want all of these additional features? I call BS on that

Sony tried so hard to market the PS3 as a multimedia machine, the only difference is that most of the features it had like an Internet browser worked horrendously.

The XB1 is doing more, and doing it BETTER than Sony ever could.

#82 Edited by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Szminsky said:

Yes. 80+ on Metacritic. Play it and you might like it too.

8.5/10 on Gamespot

#83 Posted by Krelian-co (10368 posts) -

@SonofK said:

The XB1 is doing more, and doing it BETTER than Sony ever could.

Except for gaming and graphics.

#84 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

I'd like to know what the fvck goes through your minds when you post this kind of shit.

I think that would make a very interesting thread.

It saddens me that real people are behind these threads

#85 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Agreed. What is different aside from graphics with the PS4 compared to any other console before it? The One feels like a next gen system because not only does it have the better exclusives but it has better multimedia and it will go perfectly with my PC.

Why do PC gamers update their rigs every few years if it just improves graphics? Why is the One not just an upgraded 360 with an updated camera?

Regardless, I'm not concerned about the multimedia front. The One definitely is more robust, for now. But the PS3 currently does so much more now compared to when the 360 and PS3 first launched. Those are features that come along easily. Hopefully both companies are developing some great titles.

#86 Posted by yukushi (132 posts) -

The graphics of both are pretty much the same and are not much better than the graphics of later xbox 360 games like GTA V.

The X1 is a multimedia device and is quite unique in that regard. The PS4 is not.

The controller of the PS4 is as BAD as the rest of the playstation controllers. The sticks are too loose and are placed in the same awkward parallel position: this makes it almost impossible to play first person shooting games with the level of accuracy you have on xbox controllers.

The PS4 is simply the PS3 with marginally better graphics. PC graphics of 3-4 years ago are better/same than both systems.

What are you talking about i play shooters on the ps3 and the xbox 360 and i never have any problems and my hands are not small, but i have being playing on the ps3 for almost 7 years so maybe i am used to both controllers and you are only used to the xbox 360 control.

#87 Edited by ohgeez (910 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

My gaming experience just isn't how it was when I was 16 and lock myself away for hours and hours. Married with kids, I gotta justify this purchase (400 and 500 is alot of money these days) doing more than just playing my games. Gotta do something for the family, the kids and their friends, and even the wife. Not saying the PS4 can't offer that experience. But I don't think it does nearly as well.

Is this really true? I have such a hard time picturing this. In a forum dedicated to slinging poo at the other side, you are one of the most fervent and frequent pro-microsoft posters I have found.

You go out of your way to defend microsoft in every thread I ever read from financial statements to minuscule features and you have kids and a wife? I guess I just find it hard to believe that a busy adult with his family spends a large portion of his time online arguing with people about such things.

I mean, if you truly are weighing the pros and cons of each system to make an informed decision for you family, I'm all for it. I just have a hard time buying this. I mean, to me as an outside viewer, you bleed microsoft.

#88 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@ohgeez said:

@shawn30 said:

Is this really true? I have such a hard time picturing this. In a forum dedicated to slinging poo at the other side, you are one of the most fervent and frequent pro-microsoft posters I have found.

You go out of your way to defend microsoft in every thread I ever read from financial statements to minuscule features and you have kids and a wife? I guess I just find it hard to believe that a busy adult with his family spends a large portion of his time online arguing with people about such things.

I mean, if you truly are weighing the pros and cons of each system to make an informed decision for you family, I'm all for it. I just have a hard time buying this. I mean, to me as an outside viewer, you bleed microsoft.

I'm pro Xbox One cause of seeing it, playing it, reading about it, and buying into the all in one stuff as it appeals to me. As for posting, I'm at my desk daily with 4 laptops multitasking. Going back and forth from work to playing around kills the day and keeps it interesting. I'm pro MS in that I want the Xbox One, but I'm far from pro everything MS. Everyone hopefully has a life outside of gaming cause if they don't that's pretty sad. Looking at and [posting online about gaming, silly as that is sometimes, hardly takes so much effort from the wife and family, lol. Judging anything by internet postings isn't very wise.

#89 Posted by magicalclick (22440 posts) -

Nah, I don't buy PS4 because it doesn't have Halo and I don't need it for MGS5 and SquareEnix games. And most of all, cows are the worse in SW with constant bashing. I can't even comprehend their urge for bashing Wii U. And many of them making conclusions without even reading the article themselves. Sigh.

#90 Posted by djexertive (150 posts) -

To people that are saying that X1's graphics suck, do not forget about Cloud making the graphics better. I'm an IT guy and trust me, do not underestimate Cloud.

In case anyone is wondering, even though I may not like the PS4, I still preordered it and will be having both consoles on launch days.. I do enjoy some sony exclusives.

#91 Posted by ohgeez (910 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@ohgeez said:

@shawn30 said:

I'm pro Xbox One cause of seeing it, playing it, reading about it, and buying into the all in one stuff as it appeals to me. As for posting, I'm at my desk daily with 4 laptops multitasking. Going back and forth from work to playing around kills the day and keeps it interesting. I'm pro MS in that I want the Xbox One, but I'm far from pro everything MS. Everyone hopefully has a life outside of gaming cause if they don't that's pretty sad. Looking at and [posting online about gaming, silly as that is sometimes, hardly takes so much effort from the wife and family, lol. Judging anything by internet postings isn't very wise.

I'm been visiting these forums for a long time and I can agree that visiting can help pass the time at work. What I am getting at, is you aren't hardly as objective about your choice in console as you pretend to be. While a member here, I've seen you bitterly argue anything pro microsoft and anti-sony. I've seen you insult users who don't share the same views as you and come up with juvenile nicknames... for 6 years.

I just find it amusing that all that behavior is, according to you, pretty much because of titanfall and skype, among other things. It just shocks me that you are an adult with kids and a wife. I'm not saying cows or whoever else are any better, just very surprised.

#92 Posted by djexertive (150 posts) -

Cow=xbox person?

#93 Posted by stayhigh1 (723 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@kinectthedots said:

@djexertive said:

@EZs said:

@djexertive said:

@EZs: The xbox 360 and the ps3 also had the ability to play netflix and hulu plus. The interface of the X1 is far superior.

Ok so would you agree PS4 is also a multimedia device?

Not to the same extent as the X1, but yeah as much of a multimedia device as the 360/ps3.

But PS4 is a game machine, xbox one is for people who aren't really gamers. xbox 1 is as much of a gaming device as a dvr receiver but if you want a gaming console PS4 is far superior.

your point is stupid since this a gaming site and not a smart TV app forum. There are hdtvs that have been doing everything the xbone dose for a while now. The xbone is a waste of money only being a filter for everything you can already do without it.

Funny how you cows keep trying to downplay multimedia features when there was a higher percentage of people using netflix on PS3 than there were playing games.

I'm not surprised TC, i almost bought into the PS4 hype but everyone knows it'll fall flat.

Almost? haha..thanks for the laugh..I applaud M$ for having fans like you ..No matter how hard the xbone go up in your butt you will always defend them..Let me step aside and let M$ commence the raping again.

#94 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

Cow=xbox person?

Mobile gamer person.

#95 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

yea i realized this and cancelled my ps4 pre order. graphics is never a reason to buy a console, its the games. ps4 doesn't have any fun looking games.

#96 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -

The sticks on the DS4 are actually tighter than the ones on the 360 controller.

#97 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

@djexertive:

Everyone has opinions about things. Wonderful! Now go eat some pizza. I wont bore everyone with my lame opinion like you just did.

#98 Posted by remiks00 (1706 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I'd like to know what the fvck goes through your minds when you post this kind of shit.

I think that would make a very interesting thread.

It saddens me that real people are behind these threads

I agree with both of you.

#99 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Szminsky said:

Yes. 80+ on Metacritic. Play it and you might like it too.

8.5/10 on Gamespot

Killzone 3 sucked compared to Killzone 2. They went a more CoD route too and that always ends in tears just look at Wolfenstein and Halo to see what happens when devs try and get some of dat CoD playerbase.

#100 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3685 posts) -

So in a nutshell you are saying you are buying the Xbox One? Right? There just copy/paste this. "I am buying a X1 not a PS4." Is that good?

Do you have your games listed here, or do they still do that... I know this new site layout is horrible...