Why haven't you played Xenoblade Chronicles?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

1. I am playing it

2. How do you expect people to play it when it's no longer in retail and are selling for at least $60-$70 in the used game market?

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@MonsieurX: avoiding the question yet again. Thank you for owning your entire beggar race. Come back when you actually have games with a damn. Now...keep on beggin'. B-)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

Never really thought about it actually....

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX: avoiding the question yet again. Thank you for owning your entire beggar race. Come back when you actually have games with a damn. Now...keep on beggin'. B-)

Little buddy living in his fantasy world LOL

Keep the tears coming

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously anymore

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Excellent game. Thank god for Dolphin heheheuehueheuheuheu. I have a Wii but it's damn near impossible to find a copy of Xenoblade here in the UK that's under £60

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

I actually imported the european version (before the US one released) and played it and it was definitely enjoyable. tho I prefer Mother 3 from last gen as my favorite JRPG.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

@MonsieurX: I noticed you just started a petition for a Puppeteer port. LOL! That's right, son. Beg for them PlayStation exclusives.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I have, it was glorious.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Because I don't like JRPGs, or the majority of Japanese games. The controls are generally limited and the cultural references are typically strange and confusing. I like the Japanese games that try to be more Western, but I just didn't get that vibe from Xenoblade.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX: I noticed you just started a petition for a Puppeteer port. LOL! That's right, son. Beg for them PlayStation exclusives.

Keep the lies coming,as usual

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

i don't get the dark souls hype here. i actually don't get the hype for most games this community talks about to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#62 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

Laziness, my sister's wii cannot be plug into my computer screen without me buying an adapter. The need of going to buy batteries for the wii mote, since the rechargeable batteries died since no one uses the wii. I played about an hour of it and never went back, same for the last story, both mario galaxies. I think I'll give the WII a fair shot when I ran out of ps3 games

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I don't have a wii, and I don't feel like dicking around with emulation

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Not into JRPG

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#65 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

It's my GOAT.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

it was on the wii

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Its a good game. I just found the story boring and the characters are the equivalent of dry toast.Only characters that i like a little is reyn and sharla. The combat is fun and I like the lore of how the world itself was made.I also like how they handle the quest system though I wish that had more meaning to them. I actually like Last story more then xeno.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Played it, didn't leave a positive impression on me so I won't be playing X when i get a Wii U one day.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Because I don't want to. When I spend $100+ on games, it's for those that I can tell that I'll like. Looking at xenoblade's combat and mmorpg structure from afar, I know it would just end up being a dust collector.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

Because I don't have any issues falling asleep. If i develop insomnia, then I'll try playing again.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

As rare and expensive as it is, it makes sense that not many people would want to bother getting it.

I beat the game and the game itself is pretty good, albeit not as amazing as some make it out to be. The story starts out promising but just kind of loses its luster as it progresses, and there were some things that were just silly about it IMO. As far as gameplay is concerned, the quests could have been better. I DO like how many of the quests were streamlined and were able to be completed as you progressed normally through the game, but the quests themselves were pretty generic and lame. As far as the leveling worked, if an enemy was a few levels below you, they were a cakewalk (most enemies that were equal to your level weren't really too hard either from what I remember), and if an enemy was a few levels above you, they were almost impossible, in which case I eventually just ignored them and looked for enemies that were close to my level, so battles were overall a push-over. This doesn't bother me that much because many JRPGs are pretty easy, but still.

Overall the gameplay was okay, could have been better and wish it could have left more of an impression. The story in Xenoblade was probably better than alot of other JRPGs last gen, but it was still nothing special and found myself not really caring much for it by the end, for the most part. The game had some great environments and great music though, that is for sure.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#72  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19542 Posts
@Ballroompirate said:

Dont have a Wii or Wii-U

The solution to that would be Dolphin.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

It's a decent game, but really nothing to get overly excited over. There are simply too many quests, with the majority being annoying fetch quest scenarios. Also the UI is kind of a drag. At the midpoint and beyond, the story kind of begins to fizzle, with an ending that is really kind of meh.

The quests really aren't a chore. Everytime you reach a new area, talk to everyone in town to activate all the new quests because most are collectathons, all you need to do is naturally progress through the game killing enemies and you will complete most of the quests. The quest system is great because once you get all the items asked for you usually don't even need to return to the quest giver to get the reward. I completed about 300 quests while just playing through the main game, not trying to go out of my way to complete the quests. If you want to talk about a game with bad side quests point your finger towards Ni No Kuni. Xenoblade is really great in how it streamlines most of the annoying JRPG features (fast traveling, change time on the fly, automatically complete quests, EXP for discovering new areas).

Actually, the quests can become a chore and the quest system isn't great. A certain time you don't have to return to the quest giver, but a good portion of the time you do, only to have them send you out again to collect X number of some rare item that you will spend quite a while scrounging the map for. Running around the map trying to collect blue orbs hoping it is the item you are looking for can become quite tedious. And yes, pretty much everyone knows when you reach a new area, talk to everyone to activate quests; I'm not really certain the point of needing to mention that segment. In fact, it isn't as simple as that, since quests are given out by virtually everyone, and everyone has their own schedule, forcing you to canvass the entire town multiple times throughout the day hoping you catch everyone. The inventory system is surprisingly limited, especially for this kind of game. With I believe only ten pages at your disposal for collecting items, it fills up quite quickly. Near the end of the game, quests begin asking for items that you may have tossed to make room for other items (and no, not all items that will appear for a person's quest will be highlighted by an exclamation point). In short, this game could have easily improved itself several fold if it would have cut the number of quests down by almost half as well as just improving the UI/Inventory system.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Several hundred dollars online. But actually, I have it and its a great game :)

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I liked it from what I played. I just got too overwhelmed with side quests.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

@lostrib said:

I don't have a wii, and I don't feel like dicking around with emulation

Well you should, it's a fantastic game.

But I already have a backlog of all the other "fantastic games" i need to play

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#78 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@sukraj said:

I don't like jprg

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Because I haven't liked an JRPG since FF 6. (excluding Demon Souls) The day I see a real fight where people take turns running up and slapping each other is the day I give JRPGs another chance.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#80  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@93BlackHawk93:

Because its $70 in the store.... I saw 10 copies of the game in Gamestop a month ago, each one was going for around $70 used... wtf!!! thats highway robbery. I can see if it was an ultra rare game, but no utlra rare game has 10 used copies in 1 store. Why is the price so damn high?

Also our wii needs a new wii mote, and I don't have wii motion plus. Thats a lot to spend for just one game , plus the outrageous price of the game itself.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Not interested in single player MMO´s.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

It's only for Wii.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I'did own it and think its good but highly overrated. It suffers by being on the wii so it looks awful on my big tv too.if it were on a console with more games to brag about people would still talk about it but brag about it less.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

Meh I don't know, paying over $90 for that game is a little too much. I'll most likely never play it.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#85 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

@93BlackHawk93: nah didn't win Game of the Year like demons souls did

92 MC > 89 MC

Deal with it

http://www.1up.com/news/1up-favorite-games-2012-xenoblade

Unless you stick to GS only,then Last Of Flops sucks and got out-goty-ed by Zelda LOL

I don't see why is such a shame to lose against Zelda. It isn't cosidered the best gaming franchise by many critics and gamers for nothing.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#86  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I'm a competitionist. I tried getting into it many times, but I gave up every time a couple of hours after reaching the first settlement. I'm unable to enjoy the game one way or the other, since neither giving up my completionist spirit nor sitting through hours of boring side activities is enjoyable.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I paid $130 for it and ended up getting bored 11 hours in. ._.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#89 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Played some of it, but didn't like the MMO-type battle system.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#90 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

My backlog is plenty large so it's been lost in the shuffle.

Why has it been lost in the shuffle? Well it's a jrpg. Not that some of them can't be great(Mother 3, SMT3: Nocturne are fantastic), but for the most part the genre has a lot of tropes are not something I enjoy. The genre tends to have padded design, repetitive quest structures, and intrusive ways of conveying their narrative. And if you're going to be that cinematic driven with your narrative it better not be the massive pile of garbage that is a jrpg story. Like videogame stories are horrendous routinely, but jrpgs are like extra awful about it.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

What a bunch of jokers.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#92  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

It's a decent game, but really nothing to get overly excited over. There are simply too many quests, with the majority being annoying fetch quest scenarios. Also the UI is kind of a drag. At the midpoint and beyond, the story kind of begins to fizzle, with an ending that is really kind of meh.

The quests really aren't a chore. Everytime you reach a new area, talk to everyone in town to activate all the new quests because most are collectathons, all you need to do is naturally progress through the game killing enemies and you will complete most of the quests. The quest system is great because once you get all the items asked for you usually don't even need to return to the quest giver to get the reward. I completed about 300 quests while just playing through the main game, not trying to go out of my way to complete the quests. If you want to talk about a game with bad side quests point your finger towards Ni No Kuni. Xenoblade is really great in how it streamlines most of the annoying JRPG features (fast traveling, change time on the fly, automatically complete quests, EXP for discovering new areas).

Actually, the quests can become a chore and the quest system isn't great. A certain time you don't have to return to the quest giver, but a good portion of the time you do, only to have them send you out again to collect X number of some rare item that you will spend quite a while scrounging the map for. Running around the map trying to collect blue orbs hoping it is the item you are looking for can become quite tedious. And yes, pretty much everyone knows when you reach a new area, talk to everyone to activate quests; I'm not really certain the point of needing to mention that segment. In fact, it isn't as simple as that, since quests are given out by virtually everyone, and everyone has their own schedule, forcing you to canvass the entire town multiple times throughout the day hoping you catch everyone. The inventory system is surprisingly limited, especially for this kind of game. With I believe only ten pages at your disposal for collecting items, it fills up quite quickly. Near the end of the game, quests begin asking for items that you may have tossed to make room for other items (and no, not all items that will appear for a person's quest will be highlighted by an exclamation point). In short, this game could have easily improved itself several fold if it would have cut the number of quests down by almost half as well as just improving the UI/Inventory system.

My experience was the other way around. very few quests I encountered had me returning, possibly 20-40-ish?.The other 260 quests were finished while I was in the field. I agree the schedules of every individual can be quite annoying, and often times aren't explained in the game. They could fix that although it takes 30 seconds to switch the time; there is no waiting if you know what time they're active.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Because Nintendo fucked the localisation, waited til the Wii was dead to release it, and hence it cost 60 - 80 euros to buy.

I actually did play it but Nintendo ruined it's chances for major success.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Because Nintendo isn't competent enough to put it on the Eshop.

I feel this is a big reason why many haven't played it. Xenoblade is currently being sold in Gamestop and other resell outlets for upwards of $80+. That's just not reasonable, but because the game isn't widely available, scalpers can get away with it. If it were on the eShop, many more people would get to experience it.

Then, there's emulators, which are extremely tempting for people with PCs powerful enough when the regular game is so expensive and hard to find.

Yup ;)

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Arguably the best JRPG of last gen[my favorite is Dark Souls though(inb4darksoulsisnotajrpg)]. The game contains tons of quests, an amazing storyline and lore, huge maps and lots of areas, 100+ hours of playtime without doing the side quests plus New Game +, and a great combat system. And while the characters models and textures are ugly, the beautiful environments make up for that.

It's a must-try for any JRPG fan. So, why haven't you played it? Are you looking forward to its spiritual successor?

If I had a Wii, I would

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

@Minishdriveby said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

My experience was the other way around. very few quests I encountered had me returning, possibly 20-40-ish?.The other 260 quests were finished while I was in the field. I agree the schedules of every individual can be quite annoying, and often times aren't explained in the game. They could fix that although it takes 30 seconds to switch the time; there is no waiting if you know what time they're active.

It's not the waiting, as you can change the time of the clock (thankfully). What can be annoying is when people are only active at particularly odd hours. Most individuals are either a "morning" or "night" scenario. but there are some people with a limited hour range, at seemingly bizarre hours. So "running around talking to everyone" turns into going through the town several times just to make sure you can first find them and then speak to everyone, top it off with actually completing the quests to come back and repeat the process over to see if anyone else has additional quests for you to do. Another irritating factor occurs when you kill UM and then you get the quest to kill said UM; they generally spawn after a period of time but I've had a few instances where they never came back, leaving the quest unfulfilled.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

Never really thought about it actually....

Think you'd probably like it (at least from what I recall of what types of games you tend to like). Combat is really fun.