Why Haven't You Played Red Dead Redemption?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1971 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto 4 sold more than 20 million game

Grand Theft Auto 5 sold more than 29 million game

Red Dead Redemption sold only 11 million

Why is that so? You don´t like Western or what? I mean Red Dead is different game from others "ANOTHER MODERN DAY SHOOTER GAME". Also Red Dead Redemption has better story(a lot better). It´s not just about earning just money and have a good life. No, it´s about family, life and love.

So, why haven´t you played it?

#2 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

gta has a serious name brand behind it.

11 mill is great number.. I do hope they are working on a second one

#3 Posted by silversix_ (13886 posts) -

Played it day one and is by far my fav Rockstar franchise

#4 Posted by gameofthering (10081 posts) -

Looks too much like a cowboy theme for me. Just not the setting I'm interested in.

#5 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1971 posts) -

gta has a serious name brand behind it.

11 mill is great number.. I do hope they are working on a second one

Yes name but comon, people know its very high reviewed game but not buying it because... it´s not called GTA... meh

#6 Edited by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

RDR is easily one of my favorite open-world games. Great story and characters, awesome gameplay (A lot better than GTA4 at release), One of the most beautifully crafted open-world I've seen and interesting random events/stranger missions, Also dat OST....

#7 Edited by silversix_ (13886 posts) -

Looks too much like a cowboy theme for me

Would've never thought a dude can say that

#8 Posted by Zassimick (6230 posts) -

One of the top games of last generation for me.

#9 Posted by yokofox33 (29200 posts) -

Played it for awhile. Didn't enjoy it at all. Just not my cup of tea.

I'm not even a big fan of the GTA games.

#10 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6562 posts) -

I played it years ago. Great game, but not as amazing as GTA 5.

#11 Posted by Stringerboy (6923 posts) -

Never been interested in westerns.

#12 Posted by tormentos (16730 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto 4 sold more than 20 million game

Grand Theft Auto 5 sold more than 29 million game

Red Dead Redemption sold only 11 million

Why is that so? You don´t like Western or what? I mean Red Dead is different game from others "ANOTHER MODERN DAY SHOOTER GAME". Also Red Dead Redemption has better story(a lot better). It´s not just about earning just money and have a good life. No, it´s about family, life and love.

So, why haven´t you played it?

I enjoyed RDR more than GTA4..

#13 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Dislike broke back mountain.

#14 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29065 posts) -

Honestly it never looked that appealing to me.

#15 Posted by uninspiredcup (7546 posts) -

It's not on pc. Because Rockstar don't trust pc gamers to actually buy it. :<

#16 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Its rockstars best work, GTA is just plain boring.

#17 Edited by MonsieurX (29177 posts) -

I did.

Played few hours of RDR and got bored. It's the only game I sold last gen

#18 Posted by Blabadon (25648 posts) -

Bought it on Black Friday 2010. Was super excited to play it.

Just a shame gameplay was mundane and boring. It destroyed the immersive atmosphere.

#19 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Because it's possibly the most boring game of the last gen?

#20 Posted by Puckhog04 (22601 posts) -

Beat it on the PS3. Amazing game. Really enjoyed the Undead DLC as well.

#21 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15885 posts) -

When I want to immerse myself in detailed worlds as in an FPS or TPS, I avoid several historical settings, usually periods before there was electricity or airplanes:

These include the 1800's and earlier, the Medieval period, and Roman era. Close-combat gameplay in those eras bore me.

I prefer modern times or futuristic.

#22 Posted by Suppaman100 (3695 posts) -

Honestly it never looked that appealing to me.

Says the guy with a Clint Eastwood avatar LOL

#23 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26088 posts) -

I did. Awesome game!

#24 Edited by da_illest101 (7408 posts) -

I did and hated it with a passion. Loved the story and the dialogue (without those two things I would have never bother finishing the game), love the open world but my god that game was as repetitive as gta IV. 95% of the missions were kill X amount of enemies. This game could have been so much more.

#25 Edited by foxhound_fox (87332 posts) -

Played through it twice now. Fantastic game that has one of the best atmospheres in the history of gaming. I'm trying to get my non-gaming friend/co-worker to try it, he's huge into Westerns (probably seen/heard/read pretty much every radio drama/movie/TV show/novel ever made surrounding the era) and would give some insight I think most out there couldn't into what the development team really did to get it to be that good.

The GOTY Edition on PS3 is the version everyone should get (unless you have Gold on 360). It's one of those games that needs a sequel, badly.

#26 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9724 posts) -

Why should one play GTA and Red Bread Redemption ? Isn't that alittle Redundant ?

I had a choice, I got LA Noire instead.

#27 Posted by lostrib (33036 posts) -

Because I didn't have a ps3 until like 2 months ago. I am playing it now, but damn it is one ugly game

#28 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3347 posts) -

Masterpiece.

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (38686 posts) -

Had to force myself through it.

Had a great time with Undead Nightmare though.

#30 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8696 posts) -

I've played and enjoyed it quite a bit. The highlights are the legend of the west challenges and the lowlights would be the campaign and story... Missions were mostly dull and the story was the same old Rockstar fair.They might want to think about moving away from the whole "once your in you can't get out" theme.

The world is just amazing for those who always wanted to experience the wild west. I just wish there was more to do... I suppose 40 hours for 100% completion isn't something I should complain about though. It's just that now I've done it, there's simply nothing left to do.

#31 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23411 posts) -

why have i not played rdr.... for the 4th time?

damn good question.

maybe it is time for the 5th playthrough.

#32 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23411 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Because I didn't have a ps3 until like 2 months ago. I am playing it now, but damn it is one ugly game

too bad you didn't play it earlier.

by the standards of the time it was amazing looking.

unless you had a pc at the time then you are ruined for console gfx no matter what you do.

#33 Posted by lostrib (33036 posts) -

@lostrib said:

unless you had a pc at the time then you are ruined for console gfx no matter what you do.

Well the game came out in 2010, so yeah i'd been spoiled by then.

Plus the voice acting is a little hit or miss, some of it is good, but there are a few who sound really stilted like they're just reading from a page

#34 Posted by osan0 (12585 posts) -

they didnt release it for the PC and my consoles are in mothballs for now.

its on my to do list though. if i can get my PS3 up and running again i will pick it up at some stage.

#35 Edited by lostrib (33036 posts) -

@osan0 said:

its on my to do list though. if i can get my PS3 up and running again i will pick it up at some stage.

if you have a 360, supposedly that is the better version

#36 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23411 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@lostrib said:

Well the game came out in 2010, so yeah i'd been spoiled by then.

Plus the voice acting is a little hit or miss, some of it is good, but there are a few who sound really stilted like they're just reading from a page

i helped my buddy build a new pc 2 years ago and said, "you sure you want to do this? it is going to ruin next gen for you."

and he said "hell yes!" and of course now he looks at next gen games and thinks they look average because his pc still puts out better looking visuals.

i am literally putting off building my new pc until after i get a few months with the new consoles because i don't want them to be spoiled right off the bat.

#37 Edited by osan0 (12585 posts) -

@lostrib: I have the first 20Gb 360 model and it has red ringed once. i suspect it wouldn't last the duration of the game. that and i have lost the power cable :P. at this stage i am not going to pick up another one.

Is there anything seriously wrong with the Ps3 version or is it just the usual slight visual downgrade and poorer AA?

#38 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

The game sold extremely well, it just doesn't have the brand power behind GTA.

Definitely one of the best world games out there. I've played through it a few times (which I don't normally do for open world games outside of GTA) and I'm always pulled right into the western setting.

#39 Posted by lostrib (33036 posts) -

@osan0: double check DF, I believe its uglier and a little less stable frame rate, but I haven't run into anything awful

#41 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

@lostrib:

@lostrib said:

@osan0 said:

if you have a 360, supposedly that is the better version

It is sadly, Its resolution is a touch lower on ps3 and missing out on a good chunk of foliage.

#42 Edited by jadjei (417 posts) -

I haven't because I don't own a ps3 or xbox360 (but my brother is gonna give his 360 to me). It's not on PC also. So I'll probably get this game done the road on xbox.

#43 Edited by hoola (6422 posts) -

Yeah, got it used for $8 or something like that. It was ok. Played it for probably 7-10 hours and never played it again. Its kind of boring because every quest felt pointless and didn't add anything to the story, if there even was a story. Plus the world was dull with nothing interesting happening in it. 7/10.

#44 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

Because my backlog is way too large to bother with games I don't consider must haves and RDR isn't a must have game for me. There is a good chance I will never play the game.

#45 Posted by Ghost120x (3682 posts) -

I did and I kind of like it better than gta V.

#46 Edited by MK-Professor (3669 posts) -

cars > horses

#47 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6231 posts) -

Mainly the setting. I do not really like Westerns (Live outside of the US, and here only old timers had a passing interrest in westerns, not that they can't be good, they are just very often not (Outlaws being the shining example of an awesome western game, and the only one I ever liked).

Add to that that I generally don't like the open World games in the vain of GTA (and an open World game made from an offshoot of the same people really ain't what I would consider a good idea for a game purchache).

It is not that I think it is a bad game, I think it deserved all the praise it god, and the more peoplewho like it, the better, it is simply not a game for me.

#48 Posted by Boddicker (2394 posts) -

One of my top games of last gen.

I ate the Western setting right up. I hope they do a prequel next. Playing as a cowboy in the early 1900's won't be as much fun as playing in the 1800's before the railroad came thru.

Maybe we can play during the Civil War without the evils of slavery being shoved down our throats. Maybe we could pick sides.........

#49 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8278 posts) -

It seemed formulaic to me a couple of years ago but I would really like to give it a shot now. And I will.

#50 Edited by Speak_Low (844 posts) -

@hoola said:

Yeah, got it used for $8 or something like that. It was ok. Played it for probably 7-10 hours and never played it again. Its kind of boring because every quest felt pointless and didn't add anything to the story, if there even was a story. Plus the world was dull with nothing interesting happening in it. 7/10.

You shouldn't really be able give the game a rating until you complete the game.