Why hasn't MS released a "big" exclusive game since 2014?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts

EDIT 2: Most responses from xbox fanboys so far: "BUT WAIT TILL THIS FALL" In other words, yeah we haven't gotten jack shit but ScreamRide since 2014. Guys, I know they have a nice fall lineup. THATS NOT AN EXCUSE FOR THE REST OF THE 8 MONTHS.

OP: They seem to only care about 3 months out of the year and then nothing. No big game for them has released since 2014. By the time forza 6 comes out Sony will have had 3 "big" games, regardless of whether the order sucked or not.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Sony said they are sick of big triple AAA exclusives that don't make back money, and M$ called them out on that but they are doing the same thing and not making them either.

M$ needs to be honest with the consumers and stop trash talking sony when they are doing the same exact indie games now and remasters as sony they came out with almost zero games this year so far

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

Good questions. Lets wait and see what we get for responses!

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nolson

@ProtossX said:

Sony said they are sick of big triple AAA exclusives that don't make back money, and M$ called them out on that but they are doing the same thing and not making them either.

M$ needs to be honest with the consumers and stop trash talking sony when they are doing the same exact indie games now and remasters as sony they came out with almost zero games this year so far

When did they say that?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

\m/

I'm sure Lemmings will have an answer by the time the year is almost over.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Spitfire-Six
Member since 2014 • 1378 Posts

It will probably be same answer cows gave all of 2014.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@nolson said:
@ProtossX said:

When did they say that?

They didn't use the word "sick" lol, but they did say there would be less AAA exclusive titles this gen because of the difficulty of developing for a new generation of systems and a rise in development costs so they would rely more on 3rd party and mutiplats.

Curiously, despite Sony being the only one to come out and say this, it is infact what ALL of the major platforms are actually doing EVEN PC.

Even further curious is the fact that even tho Sony said they would have less exclusives because of the difficulties dealing with current gen development, they STILL are producing a far larger amount of exclusives than MS when producing less than they would like.

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nolson

@spitfire-six: Infamous Second Son came out in March 2014. 2014 isn't a good example for you to use.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 playharderfool
@spitfire-six said:

It will probably be same answer cows gave all of 2014.

*looks at thread title*

Sony released Infamous Second Son 1stQ of 2014

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spitfire-Six

@nolson: So releasing one title in march makes up for the rest of the year?

Ps PS experience does not count as a release for the holiday.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 playharderfool

@spitfire-six said:

Driveclub

The Last of Us Remastered

Infamous First light

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Plant 3....

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11234 Posts

@playharderfool said:
@spitfire-six said:

Driveclub

Infamous First light

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Plant 3....

Didn't Driveclub get a 5 here? and TLOU is a PS3 game..

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By playharderfool
@Mozelleple112 said:
@playharderfool said:
@spitfire-six said:

Driveclub

Infamous First light

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Plant 3....

Read the title of the thread and try again.

Here come the goal post movers try try to defend a dumb comment that was called out.

lol now it's about score and suddenly a remaster can't be a big game, someone will have to explain to me why MCC was hyped by lems then. Thread says nothing about metagame going to have to try some other damage control on this.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ProtossX
@Mozelleple112 said:
@playharderfool said:
@spitfire-six said:

Driveclub

Infamous First light

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Plant 3....

and its still shit i downloaded the ps+ free trial and the game is shit its like mix between a simulator and garbage game you can't go half way with a simulator u either go 100 simulation like forza or you go fun racer like horizon

this game is shit its like half this half that a bunch of garbage is unbelievable trash compared to horizon 2 im never booting it up again

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nolson

@Mozelleple112 This topic isn't about ratings or quality of games. The guy before him, @spitfire-six was implying infamous is all they released in 2014 which is a ridiculous statement.

Infamous Second Son, MLB14, Driveclub, LBP3, TLOUR.

Anyway, quit derailing and talking about Sony 2014 as an excuse, which isn't even a valid one because they actually released games that year unlike MS all of 2015. Please discuss why MS hasn't released a single AAA exclusive since 2014.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Shewgenja

ITT:

Lems having to dial arguments back to 2014 because their 2015 has literally been all talk.

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nolson

@ProtossX: Quit derailing. If it's so shit still then why are sites updating their site to give it a 4.5/5 Updated review.

Anyway, this isn't a meta game argument btw guys. All I said was "big" games. TLOUR is a big game. The answers so far have been such damage control its funny.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 playharderfool
@Shewgenja said:

ITT:

Lems having to dial arguments back to 2014 because their 2015 has literally been all talk.

And then are still wrong when trying to promote X1's library over PS4's. PS4 still had more games, higher rated games with greater variety that releases throughout the year.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Some of you are super delusional. Despite how you cows try to spin it the PS4 only has 1 outstanding game(BB). Counting remasters and Infamous is hilarious to most gamers. However, I'll admit MS doesn't have shit either except a multiplat that was originally made for PC(Ori). This gen is disgusting, but the fall looks promising for XB1 owners.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

ITT:

Yeah you're quick to forget the past when its not in your favour.

Just like how you'll forget this whole argument in 6 months time

LOL

Its hilarious how desperate cows have become. I mean counting The Corridor1886? lmao

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nolson
@intotheminx said:

Some of you are super delusional. Despite how you cows try to spin it the PS4 only has 1 outstanding game(BB). Counting remasters and Infamous is hilarious to most gamers. However, I'll admit MS doesn't have shit either except a multiplat that was originally made for PC(Ori). This gen is disgusting, but the fall looks promising for XB1 owners.

umm infamous is a "great" game according to the GS review. Not sure how counting it is "hilarious". Anyway the point is sony releases games all year. MS hasnt released anything of value since 2014.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By playharderfool
@intotheminx said:

If you are going to harp on quality and try to derail the thread to damage control I'll play along.

"PS4 only has 1 outstanding game(BB)."

Sorry, but if you want to deflect to quality of the games released we are going to use the industry accepted MetaCritic review average to determine the universally accepted quality of the games and not your opinion. And I hate tell you but you are wrong.

PS4 actually has 3 "outstanding" games

The Last of Us Remastered 95

Bloodborne 93

Flower 91

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?sort=desc

Now tell me, since you want to talk about the quality of the games released. How many OUTSTANDING games does Xbox one have??????????????

lol

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spitfire-Six

@playharderfool said:
@spitfire-six said:

Driveclub

Infamous First light

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Plant 3....

So if you consider Guilty Gear a Big title and LBP3 then Scream Ride and Ori released this year. Therefore the original poster logic is flawed.

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nolson

@playharderfool: Let me answer for him. 0. xbox one has 0, 90+ metacritic exclusives. This thread has derailed with damage control that arent even good arguments. the fact is you actually want to play games along with the 3rd party stuff, get a ps4

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Cows so desperate they're including multiplats

LOL

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By playharderfool
@spitfire-six said:
@playharderfool said:

Driveclub

Infamous First light

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Plant 3....

So if you consider Guilty Gear a Big title and LBP3 then Scream Ride and Ori released this year. Therefore the original poster logic is flawed.

Ori is not even a brand exclusive and can be played on PC but you are right on Scream Ride. In "my opinion" but this is not my thread. TC said big games so I might not have met his critera either.

When he listed games he only put Driveclub TLOUr Infamous LBP and MLB the show. He didn't put Guilty Gear xrd and all of the ones he listed can be considered big games.

Scream Ride and Guilty Gear would have more in common. Infact Ori would probably be considered a smaller scale game than a current gen Guilty Gear

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 playharderfool
@RR360DD said:

Cows so desperate they're including multiplats

LOL

what, lems no longer want to claim MCC or Ori? :(

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44537 Posts

They're releasing Halo 5, that's a key franchise for the system. Rise of the Tomb Raider will be a big one, for me at least.

Screamride might not be a big exclusive in any important critical/commercial sense except that it's a damn awesome game.

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nolson

@lamprey263 Thats fine. This thread is about why they don't release games throughout the year specifically nothing big since 2014.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@ProtossX said:

when did they say this?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jsmoke03

@playharderfool said:
@nolson said:
@ProtossX said:

When did they say that?

They didn't use the word "sick" lol, but they did say there would be less AAA exclusive titles this gen because of the difficulty of developing for a new generation of systems and a rise in development costs so they would rely more on 3rd party and mutiplats.

Curiously, despite Sony being the only one to come out and say this, it is infact what ALL of the major platforms are actually doing EVEN PC.

Even further curious is the fact that even tho Sony said they would have less exclusives because of the difficulties dealing with current gen development, they STILL are producing a far larger amount of exclusives than MS when producing less than they would like.

when did they say this? do you have a link cuz i dont remember this. i remember them saying that some games make money to cover other titles that dont make money but thats it.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 playharderfool
@lamprey263 said:

They're releasing Halo 5, that's a key franchise for the system. Rise of the Tomb Raider will be a big one, for me at least.

Screamride might not be a big exclusive in any important sense except that it's a damn awesome game.

Is it really? (not trying to be sarcastic at all)

I know reviews have their score but somethings it doesn't pan out to fans.

Now, if you're the type who would just scoff at someone who tells you say The Order is a good game to them (I"ve never played it) because you simply think any playstation fan will say any game on their system is good then I doubt your opinion won't be any good to me.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44537 Posts

@nolson said:

@lamprey263 Thats fine. This thread is about why they don't release games throughout the year specifically nothing big since 2014.

Oh, well, to that I simply must say Sony publishes more games it makes sense to stagger them throughout the year then over-saturate them in the most important quarter. Whereas for MS they're probably concerned for maximizing sales of key franchises in the seasons they'll get the most sales out of them.

Spitfire-Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Spitfire-Six

@playharderfool said:
@spitfire-six said:
@playharderfool said:

Driveclub

Infamous First light

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Plant 3....

Ori is not even a brand exclusive and can be played on PC but you are right on Scream Ride. In "my opinion" but this is not my thread. TC said big games so I might not have met his critera either.

When he listed games he only put Driveclub TLOUr Infamous LBP and MLB the show. He didn't put Guilty Gear xrd and all of the ones he listed can be considered big games.

Scream Ride and Guilty Gear would have more in common. Infact Ori would probably be considered a smaller scale game than a current gen Guilty Gear

This is true, it largely rest on opinion of what is a big game. Another poster in this thread said this does not relate to the meta game therefore exclusive is also open to interpretation. Microsoft in their messaging tends to include titles they are releasing on PC and Xbox as Exclusives. Now lets also think about that The order was initially a 2014 game until it was delayed. Drive club was a lanuch game until it was delayed. What you have currently is the trailing year for Playstation looks bright based solely on them shifting games to the left. However Microsoft has been releasing titles in those years that was meant to be released those years. Quantum Break is the first game that has been moved to another year. Your release this yea was suppose to be bloodborne and Uncharted. We can make plenty of silly rules to make either system look better within whatever time frame we want to talk about.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Oh cows are too damn funny. I see people listing cross gen and rehashes to make the barren PS4 library look like it has AAA exclusives. Fine.

As a strict console gamer and only a PC game or two a year, I had plenty of big games on my ONE since 2014.

I think cows are just scared of how this year looks from here on out.

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nolson
@lamprey263 said:
@nolson said:

Oh, well, to that I simply must say Sony publishes more games it makes sense to stagger them throughout the year then over-saturate them in the most important quarter. Whereas for MS they're probably concerned for maximizing sales of key franchises in the seasons they'll get the most sales out of them.

THANK YOU. Finally someone who answered the question in a sensible fashion instead of shitposting and derailing the topic with damage control. Good answer.

@FoxbatAlphaReally? Enlighten us on what big exclusive games you have been playing on your xbox one since the end of 2014??

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 playharderfool
@jsmoke03 said:
@playharderfool said:
@nolson said:
@ProtossX said:

When did they say that?

when did they say this? do you have a link cuz i dont remember this. i remember them saying that some games make money to cover other titles that dont make money but thats it.

“We’ve been saying that the number of AAAs might be getting smaller because the cost of development for AAAs is getting higher,” he said. “But there are so many indie games and great games coming out almost every week or every other week. We’re seeing it on PS4. I hope you’re seeing it as well.”

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/missing-ps4-features-still-coming-sony-says/

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@nolson said:
@intotheminx said:

umm infamous is a "great" game according to the GS review. Not sure how counting it is "hilarious". Anyway the point is sony releases games all year. MS hasnt released anything of value since 2014.

Ori and the Blind Forest, which launched in March 2015, is literally one of the best games I have ever played. I'm not sure what qualifies as "big exclusive" though.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

They don't have any worthwhile franchises outside GearsFlopzaHalo

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178832 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Oh cows are too damn funny. I see people listing cross gen and rehashes to make the barren PS4 library look like it has AAA exclusives. Fine.

As a strict console gamer and only a PC game or two a year, I had plenty of big games on my ONE since 2014.

I think cows are just scared of how this year looks from here on out.

If you take games on PC out then the One is more barren than the 4. Just saying....

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jsmoke03

@playharderfool said:
@jsmoke03 said:
@playharderfool said:
@nolson said:
@ProtossX said:

When did they say that?

“We’ve been saying that the number of AAAs might be getting smaller because the cost of development for AAAs is getting higher,” he said. “But there are so many indie games and great games coming out almost every week or every other week. We’re seeing it on PS4. I hope you’re seeing it as well.”

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/missing-ps4-features-still-coming-sony-says/

tks for the link.

wow...it sounds like pr bs for we dont have many games releasing this year but it could very well be them saying that they are funding less AAA titles.

thats sad to hear.... its like why even have advanced hardware when going forward there are indies. it doesnt make sense to advance hardware any further. Cows gna be very sad this gen

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#42 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:
@playharderfool said:
@spitfire-six said:

Driveclub

Infamous First light

Guilty Gear Xrd

Little Big Plant 3....

As was LBP 3. Guilty Gear was Sony first party? No doubt PS4 will get more exclusives with the fact that some Japanese devs wont release on X1. Guess it isn't profitable enough for them. Cant blame them for that. I don't care if one first party exclusive is released in a year because more likely than not, there will be games called multiplats. At the end of a gen I have played more of them than exclusives for any platform I own because I don't care for every exclusive. Take Forza 6. I wont be buying it.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By playharderfool
@spitfire-six said:
@playharderfool said:

This is true, it largely rest on opinion of what is a big game. Another poster in this thread said this does not relate to the meta game therefore exclusive is also open to interpretation. Microsoft in their messaging tends to include titles they are releasing on PC and Xbox as Exclusives. Now lets also think about that The order was initially a 2014 game until it was delayed. Drive club was a lanuch game until it was delayed. What you have currently is the trailing year for Playstation looks bright based solely on them shifting games to the left. However Microsoft has been releasing titles in those years that was meant to be released those years. Quantum Break is the first game that has been moved to another year. Your release this yea was suppose to be bloodborne and Uncharted. We can make plenty of silly rules to make either system look better within whatever time frame we want to talk about.

I will not argue that both system exclusive offing are far from satisfying.

I simply don't like conflicting arguments. Don't try to dog out one system for something that the system you are sticking up for is equal or worse at. I don't actually mind consistent and fair criticism of any system, but not hypocritical.

On to your response.

I agree with you about PC because Sony is treating it like it's their son (don't really like their stance but as long as it doesn't effect PS4's priority) so I can see that for both like you say.

Both Sony and MS are scrambling moving things around as far as launches go but if you are honest with yourself you can see that Sony seems to have a firmer grip on the upcoming games than MS. Looking at E3 you see Sony unveiling big new games complete with gameplay footage (Horizon) while MS is still using CGI to demo games (Recore).

Regardless, 2016 is a big year for both MS and Sony and they both should be doing much better than this year. MS's holiday season will help out with their 2016 as well since Sony will be releasing a few big titles 1Q but they have had Quantum Break in development for a while now and if Scalebound makes it out in 2016 Sony will have a fight on their hands.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shewgenja

@RR360DD said:
@Shewgenja said:

ITT:

LOL

Its hilarious how desperate cows have become. I mean counting The Corridor1886? lmao

Sometimes, I forget that for the XBox fanbase, you get points for not releasing any games rather than taking a chance on a new IP. It's way better to put all your eggs in a few baskets so you can be the laughing stock of the world when a HALO GAME gets flopped for being buggier than a frog turd.

I mean, basically, you better pray to all that is above that Halo 5 doesn't have any technical issues or else .. Oh wait, it's already happened before and we know the results. XBone will be like $250 for the holidays and you'll be claiming some new title like "Holiday King" while sweeping the debacle under the rug. It's a pretty tired routine. You'll have to forgive me if I can't come up with a way to end this post with anything wittier than TheCorridor1886.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 playharderfool
@Shewgenja said:
@RR360DD said:

LOL

Sometimes, I forget that for the XBox fanbase, you get points for not releasing any games rather than taking a chance on a new IP. It's way better to put all your eggs in a few baskets so you can be the laughing stock of the world when a HALO GAME gets flopped for being buggier than a frog turd.

I mean, basically, you better pray to all that is above that Halo 5 doesn't have any technical issues or else .. Oh wait, it's already happened before and we know the results. XBone will be like $250 for the holidays and you'll be claiming some new title like "Holiday King" while sweeping the debacle under the rug. It's a pretty tired routine. You'll have to forgive me if I can't come up with a way to end this post with anything wittier than TheCorridor1886.

When The Order gets dirt cheap I'll buy it. I like the concept and atmosphere but not the price for the length.

That said, I am getting Street Fighter V DAY F*CKIN 1! It's a good thing xbox fans here have so many top notch PC set ups because they really caught a raw deal on not getting SFV. That is HUGE, and something I would never have imagined.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Looking at the edits to the OP, I guess TC only wanted to hear from people who agreed with him.

Pointless thread

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@playharderfool said:
@intotheminx said:

If you are going to harp on quality and try to derail the thread to damage control I'll play along.

"PS4 only has 1 outstanding game(BB)."

Sorry, but if you want to deflect to quality of the games released we are going to use the industry accepted MetaCritic review average to determine the universally accepted quality of the games and not your opinion. And I hate tell you but you are wrong.

PS4 actually has 3 "outstanding" games

The Last of Us Remastered 95

Bloodborne 93

Flower 91

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?sort=desc

Now tell me, since you want to talk about the quality of the games released. How many OUTSTANDING games does Xbox one have??????????????

lol

Pretty sure he said "big" exclusives. Last time I checked Flower is a indie. Also, you should check my post again because I clearly stated the XB1 doesn't have shit either. It's as poor gen all around for exclusives.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ProtossX

@quadknight said:

They don't have any worthwhile franchises outside GearsFlopzaHalo

both of the forza are better than 5club, i was playing the horizon 2 for hours and i quit playing the 5club trial after 1 go that game aint good man

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shewgenja

@playharderfool said:

When The Order gets dirt cheap I'll buy it. I like the concept and atmosphere but not the price for the length.

That said, I am getting Street Fighter V DAY F*CKIN 1! It's a good thing xbox fans here have so many top notch PC set ups because they really caught a raw deal on not getting SFV. That is HUGE, and something I would never have imagined.

Exactly. Just remember that when you're talking about how good a time you are having, the XBone cheerleaders of the world are giving MS points for not trying. It's hard to argue with that.

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By nolson
@GarGx1 said:

Looking at the edits to the OP, I guess TC only wanted to hear from people who agreed with him.

Pointless thread

Nah, just looking for posts that are on topic and not shitposts. Which to be fair is happening from both sony and ms fanboys in here.