Why has no one created a romantic video game?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by lightleggy (16087 posts) -
inb4 someone mentions the mind-numbingly pathetic To the Moon.FrozenLiquid
im so freaking sick of seeing everyone talk about TTM, such an overrated game, played it, beat it, didnt shed a tear or felt anything. Its just sheep mentality, someone says "this game is so emotional :(" so now everyone must say "yeah its the saddest game ever made!!" and btw tc there has been a ********** of romantic games.
#52 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
Go to Japan, be amazed.
#53 Posted by Gue1 (11267 posts) -

because developers don't create games that they think that are going to flop. Doing something different is the biggest risk you can take in this industry, especially when its biggest market is America and they only care about cookie-cutter FPS games.

#54 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17180 posts) -

There have been quite a few games that aren't classified as Romance but have romance in them.

#56 Posted by WiiCubeM1 (4729 posts) -

Go to Japan.

Talk to us then, you freak.

#57 Posted by 1080pOnly (1986 posts) -

Simple. In Western culture 'Romance' is generally for women. Women are not the biggest demographic for selling video games to and therefore very few games are based around it.

Now if a developer were to make a game where the main protagonist, a women, got to ruin mens lives by trying to 'change them' into some sort of shopping slave whilst stopping them from doing anything they enjoy i'm sure it would sell millions.

#58 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
I found Shadows of the Damned and Catherine pretty romantic.
#59 Posted by Sali217 (1290 posts) -

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"]Date sims?Meeeper282

No a love sim, for example, you're a middle aged investment banker looking for love, but you cant seem to find someone, then before you know it, you meet this girl in a cafe, 6 months later they are happily together untill he cheats on her, and she kicks him out, now it's up to him to fix this.

great plot aye?

Play Catherine, Do it!
#60 Posted by MaskedPlayer (892 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Romantic Games??? Muahahhahahahahaha I even Hate romantic movies. We prefer Badass Manly games. I dont want Romance in my Games. why JRPG fans want romance in every game?? Games like Stalker and Metro doesnot need romance or will be ruined..

Romantic games would be boring anyway and would only cater to girl gamers.
#61 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I think a lot of gamers are just too immature for this. Especially SW, look at people's sigs with half naked girls, those people are definitely kids in high school or something and they can't get real girls, they don't know what it means to be in love with a woman.

Only a few games attempted this, FFX and Mass Effect kinda does it. But nothing on the scale of Titanic or anything.

#62 Posted by DarthJohnova (4599 posts) -

I think a lot of gamers are just too immature for this. Especially SW, look at people's sigs with half naked girls, those people are definitely kids in high school or something and they can't get real girls, they don't know what it means to be in love with a woman.

Only a few games attempted this, FFX and Mass Effect kinda does it. But nothing on the scale of Titanic or anything.

ShadowMoses900
I came here just to say this, but you've already done it for me :P Btw, I thought you retired from SW pal? Basically, this thread has proven that the industry either doesn't demand it, or is generally too immature for it. There's also the fact that in most cases that romance is handled, it's handled pretty awkwardly.
#63 Posted by TheEroica (14412 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
Nothing on the scale of titanic...? :lol: oh shadow... youre good bro.
#64 Posted by MaskedPlayer (892 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
You're a moron. I dont like those sigs too but I ad block them instead of moaning.
#65 Posted by darkspineslayer (20370 posts) -
TC really needs to move to Japan. Would fit right in with the culture.
#66 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10786 posts) -
I've said this plenty of times. Sony should start making Romantic Comedies games. That will attract the female gamer like nuts. :P
#67 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5669 posts) -

Catherine.

#68 Posted by jsmoke03 (13137 posts) -

because most gamers cant relate

#69 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

The real reason is sex. They cant even show an ass before the ESRB labels it A for adult, which will kill any chance of the game selling. Games = show a butt = labeled as Adult Movies = show **** ass, penis vagina = still can be rated R only Games are treatly unfairly in comparison, I say protest the ESRB or get someone newfr3ddiemercury

Ikr?

F*cking annoying.

I say screw society,and do what you want already.

$%%@^& Americans affecting stuff like that with their culture tabboos...

#70 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
There's plenty of free romantic games on Newgrounds.
#72 Posted by ArchoNils2 (6238 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

SNIPER4321

I agree. Half nake sig are just disgusting. and its a sign of hig school little kids. i once bash half nake sig of someone and he said i hate all girls just because i dont like sh1tty half nake sigs. than i facepalm. System wars or id say GS is full of immature kiddies

lol as if you are mature at all 8-)

#73 Posted by jg4xchamp (50060 posts) -

I found Shadows of the Damned romantic.kuraimen
-_-

#74 Posted by FrozenLiquid (12824 posts) -
[QUOTE="FrozenLiquid"]inb4 someone mentions the mind-numbingly pathetic To the Moon.lightleggy
im so freaking sick of seeing everyone talk about TTM, such an overrated game, played it, beat it, didnt shed a tear or felt anything. Its just sheep mentality, someone says "this game is so emotional :(" so now everyone must say "yeah its the saddest game ever made!!" and btw tc there has been a ********** of romantic games.

Word. Like seriously, if you need to emotionally pander to the player by: [spoiler] Giving someone autism and creating awkward, implausible situations out of it. [/spoiler] You're just going for the low blow. Man that game insulted my intelligence so much.
#75 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

you must be new to gaming, that or been playing too much cod

#76 Posted by MaskedPlayer (892 posts) -

Prince of Persia 2008 was kinda romantic.

#77 Posted by SectorSix6 (201 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

SNIPER4321

I agree. Half nake sig are just disgusting. and its a sign of hig school little kids. i once bash half nake sig of someone and he said i hate all girls just because i dont like sh1tty half nake sigs. than i facepalm. System wars or id say GS is full of immature kiddies

Agreed, you can tell who are the immature perverts on this board that's never been with a woman irl when you see sigs like that, its a dead give away.. Freedomfreak knows what im talking about.

#78 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
because we are not girls
#79 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19822 posts) -
inb4 someone mentions the mind-numbingly pathetic To the Moon.FrozenLiquid
Someone didn't get To The Moon, did they? ;)