Why gamers can't respect anybody's opinion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Halo 4 gets a 7 because it seems the reviewer didn't like it as much as those others that gave the game 9's and 10's so what is the problem here?

Molyneux say that Wii U doesn't look as innovative as the Wii and he gave some reasons (and very good ones may I say) as to why he thinks like that and then... Jim Sterling proceeds to diss him by citing some of his old games like if that had anything to do with anything.

Some gamers doesn't like the idea of GTAV having more than 1 protagonist (me included) and all hell break loose with the defenders calling everybody a hater. But the thing is that I have my reasons to not like the idea of multiple protagonists based on past experiences with Suikoden 3, Yakuza 4, Sonic Adventure, etc. Why? Because it not only breaks up the overall flow of the game for basically forcing you to start the game from the beginning multiple times to see a final ending but because the content gets shared between all the characters instead of just one so the game ends up feeling like multiple little games put together. But what now? Are people going to call me a "tool", a "hater", a "spoiled brat" because they think differently than me? Truth is that people that don't respect my opinion are the real haters, tools, and spoiled brats....

Why gamer's can't respect anybody's opinion? That's the question... Why? We are all different, we have different life experiences that makes us see things from completely different point of views so we will never agree on everything but why can't we respect that and have to start dissing each others like a bunch of illiterate idiots?

[spoiler] BTW I'm talking about general gaming outside of System Wars. I know how things work here so this thread doesn't apply to System Warriors' behavior. [/spoiler]

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Those are fanboys.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Stop being a hater.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

On System Wars nobody can handle a differnet opinion, you can't say anything subjective about a game without people calling you a troll or a fanboy. The rest of the gaming community seems fine.

I prefer my PS3, I am friends with people that prefer their 360, it doesn't bother me at all. Someone could prefer the Wii for all I care, I'm cool with it. All gamers are equal in my book, it's all just an opinion as to why one prefers system X over system Y. Doesn't make anybody wrong, it's just an opinion.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
Not all gamers are fanboys.
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
Because other people's opinions are wrong.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
TC = :cry:
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with an opinion. Just because it is an opinion, does not mean that that opinion cannot be wrong -- especially considering, that nigh on everything is called an opinion nowadays..

However, people do like to squabble over the most ridiculous things.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
Because this is SW? Though in defense of some people it's because there are definitely things like sh1tty opinions and terrible reasoning. Which is a concept not everyone seems to get when they go to the age old "it's my opinion. blah blah blah"...so why the f*ck did you come in all high and mighty and sharing it like it was a fact? Tw@t
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#10 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
This is ironic coming from you...
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

This is ironic coming from you...nintendoboy16
This. The tc has called people terrible names for playing certain kinds of games, and always goes after sheep and anything Nintendo in general.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

Because gamers are, as a rule, kinda dumb, and that extends to what's mainly an enthusiast press. I guess there's probably a point to be made about how the internet has turned us all into narcissistic garbage monsters trying to out-contrarian eachother (see: "gamers are, as a rule, kinda dumb"), but the greater fact is there just aren't that many opinions in the gaming world worth respecting.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#13 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

This is ironic coming from you...nintendoboy16

I do recall him getting mad at me for thinking Rachet and Clank and LBP are better games than Mario Galaxy, he called me some bad names in the process. It was either him or someone with the same avatar.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

On System Wars nobody can handle a different opinion, .

ShadowMoses900
No the problem is people try to pass their opinion as fact with no real proof to back it up.
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Shut up Halo 4 FTW teh shooter of teh foreverz
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#16 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]This is ironic coming from you...Bigboi500

This. The tc has called people terrible names for playing certain kinds of games, and always goes after sheep and anything Nintendo in general.

A more recent example, he called out the sheep for still liking Nintendo franchises JUST because of "nostalgia" (yeah, THAT card).
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Why can't you respect the opinions of others about other peoples opinions TC?

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#18 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

That's like asking why people can't respect anyone's opinion.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

That's like asking why people can't respect anyone's opinion.

NeonNinja

This. ^^ and there are alot of trolls out there that just do it cause they are aholes.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Welcome to System Wars, and if you are here making this thread then I doubt you are innocent.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#21 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]This is ironic coming from you...nintendoboy16

A more recent example, he called out the sheep for still liking Nintendo franchises JUST because of "nostalgia" (yeah, THAT card).

:/

He's one of those guys?

Ew.....

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]This. The tc has called people terrible names for playing certain kinds of games, and always goes after sheep and anything Nintendo in general.

NeonNinja

He's one of those guys?

Ew.....

Lol, yeah that is pretty funny, he shouldn't be making this thread.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

A reviewers job is not to give an opinion, it is to give an objective assessment.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#24 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49567 Posts
The reviewer received flack because his points were dumb as f*ck and made himself look like a fool on GAF.
olart4618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 olart4618
Member since 2010 • 478 Posts

welcome to SW,:cry:

olart4618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 olart4618
Member since 2010 • 478 Posts

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] A more recent example, he called out the sheep for still liking Nintendo franchises JUST because of "nostalgia" (yeah, THAT card).SaltyMeatballs

He's one of those guys?

Ew.....

Lol, yeah that is pretty funny, he shouldn't be making this thread.

fanboy in his maximun expression

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Because they are kids, but sometimes other kids come out with blatant lies about platforms/games that they havent even experienced and dress it up as opinion. On these forums im not allowed to dislike Dark Souls or I have a bunch of Dark Souls fanboys jump on my balls telling me its the best game ever and I dont like the game because I suck at it.

Remember when console gamers said The Witcher 2 was crap? But then it came out on the 360 and suddenly it isnt crap any more? Or when they said L.A Noir was really REALLY good! Then it came out on PC and they where "oh well its not that good anyway".

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Psst, I think the general consensus is you're in that very group that scorned upon by you.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I think TC is confusing gamers with fanboys.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Because this is SW? Though in defense of some people it's because there are definitely things like sh1tty opinions and terrible reasoning. Which is a concept not everyone seems to get when they go to the age old "it's my opinion. blah blah blah"...so why the f*ck did you come in all high and mighty and sharing it like it was a fact? Tw@tjg4xchamp

Preach^

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Opinions are like a.holes - everyone has one :P

On a serious note, I'm more concerned about the people who force their (usually worthless) opinions to others.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Because they are kids, but sometimes other kids come out with blatant lies about platforms/games that they havent even experienced and dress it up as opinion. On these forums im not allowed to dislike Dark Souls or I have a bunch of Dark Souls fanboys jump on my balls telling me its the best game ever and I dont like the game because I suck at it.

Remember when console gamers said The Witcher 2 was crap? But then it came out on the 360 and suddenly it isnt crap any more? Or when they said L.A Noir was really REALLY good! Then it came out on PC and they where "oh well its not that good anyway".

pelvist

It's always amusing to watch hermits playing the victim card ;)

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#33 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

TC got called out for doing exactly what he's complaining about.

Man, if I were you, I'd go sit in a corner, wait there, and hope everyone forgets about this thread.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I wouldn't call the majority of SW posters "gamers", they are more like fanboys,nostalgia fanboys and trolls.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Because this is SW? Though in defense of some people it's because there are definitely things like sh1tty opinions and terrible reasoning. Which is a concept not everyone seems to get when they go to the age old "it's my opinion. blah blah blah"...so why the f*ck did you come in all high and mighty and sharing it like it was a fact? Tw@tjg4xchamp

Graceful in its delivery, and true in its message.

I agree with this quote.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Fanboys. That is all.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
There is a difference between respect of the right *to* an opinion, and respect *for* that opinion.
PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Were they respectful in the first place to begin with?

Another-World

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Another-World
Member since 2011 • 784 Posts

Halo 4 gets a 7 because it seems the reviewer didn't like it as much as those others that gave the game 9's and 10's so what is the problem here?

Molyneux say that Wii U doesn't look as innovative as the Wii and he gave some reasons (and very good ones may I say) as to why he thinks like that and then... Jim Sterling proceeds to diss him by citing some of his old games like if that had anything to do with anything.

Some gamers doesn't like the idea of GTAV having more than 1 protagonist (me included) and all hell break loose with the defenders calling everybody a hater. But the thing is that I have my reasons to not like the idea of multiple protagonists based on past experiences with Suikoden 3, Yakuza 4, Sonic Adventure, etc. Why? Because it not only breaks up the overall flow of the game for basically forcing you to start the game from the beginning multiple times to see a final ending but because the content gets shared between all the characters instead of just one so the game ends up feeling like multiple little games put together. But what now? Are people going to call me a "tool", a "hater", a "spoiled brat" because they think differently than me? Truth is that people that don't respect my opinion are the real haters, tools, and spoiled brats....

Why gamer's can't respect anybody's opinion? That's the question... Why? We are all different, we have different life experiences that makes us see things from completely different point of views so we will never agree on everything but why can't we respect that and have to start dissing each others like a bunch of illiterate idiots?

[spoiler] BTW I'm talking about general gaming outside of System Wars. I know how things work here so this thread doesn't apply to System Warriors' behavior. [/spoiler]

Gue1
Cause all of us are bigots, deep down inside. It takes a real effort to go beyond your instinct and appreciate that the other person might also be right, or that your POV might not be the only correct one. Most people are like this, it's not limited to gamers, for god's sake. Arguments everywhere have this problem.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

You're generalizing an entire social group. I think you're looking for the fanboys.

I, for one, don't have a problem with most other opinions. If said opinion is just flat-out stupid, or is false or insulting, then I have a problem.