Why gamers can't respect anybody's opinion?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gue1 (10997 posts) -

Halo 4 gets a 7 because it seems the reviewer didn't like it as much as those others that gave the game 9's and 10's so what is the problem here?

Molyneux say that Wii U doesn't look as innovative as the Wii and he gave some reasons (and very good ones may I say) as to why he thinks like that and then... Jim Sterling proceeds to diss him by citing some of his old games like if that had anything to do with anything.

Some gamers doesn't like the idea of GTAV having more than 1 protagonist (me included) and all hell break loose with the defenders calling everybody a hater. But the thing is that I have my reasons to not like the idea of multiple protagonists based on past experiences with Suikoden 3, Yakuza 4, Sonic Adventure, etc. Why? Because it not only breaks up the overall flow of the game for basically forcing you to start the game from the beginning multiple times to see a final ending but because the content gets shared between all the characters instead of just one so the game ends up feeling like multiple little games put together. But what now? Are people going to call me a "tool", a "hater", a "spoiled brat" because they think differently than me? Truth is that people that don't respect my opinion are the real haters, tools, and spoiled brats....

Why gamer's can't respect anybody's opinion? That's the question... Why? We are all different, we have different life experiences that makes us see things from completely different point of views so we will never agree on everything but why can't we respect that and have to start dissing each others like a bunch of illiterate idiots?

[spoiler] BTW I'm talking about general gaming outside of System Wars. I know how things work here so this thread doesn't apply to System Warriors' behavior. [/spoiler]

#2 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
Those are fanboys.
#3 Posted by heretrix (37504 posts) -

Stop being a hater.

#4 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

On System Wars nobody can handle a differnet opinion, you can't say anything subjective about a game without people calling you a troll or a fanboy. The rest of the gaming community seems fine.

I prefer my PS3, I am friends with people that prefer their 360, it doesn't bother me at all. Someone could prefer the Wii for all I care, I'm cool with it. All gamers are equal in my book, it's all just an opinion as to why one prefers system X over system Y. Doesn't make anybody wrong, it's just an opinion.

#5 Posted by nervmeister (15323 posts) -
Not all gamers are fanboys.
#6 Posted by Loegi (1692 posts) -
Because other people's opinions are wrong.
#7 Posted by RR360DD (12937 posts) -
TC = :cry:
#8 Posted by lundy86_4 (44012 posts) -

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with an opinion. Just because it is an opinion, does not mean that that opinion cannot be wrong -- especially considering, that nigh on everything is called an opinion nowadays..

However, people do like to squabble over the most ridiculous things.

#9 Posted by jg4xchamp (49484 posts) -
Because this is SW? Though in defense of some people it's because there are definitely things like sh1tty opinions and terrible reasoning. Which is a concept not everyone seems to get when they go to the age old "it's my opinion. blah blah blah"...so why the f*ck did you come in all high and mighty and sharing it like it was a fact? Tw@t
#10 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27664 posts) -
This is ironic coming from you...
#11 Posted by Bigboi500 (30510 posts) -

This is ironic coming from you...nintendoboy16
This. The tc has called people terrible names for playing certain kinds of games, and always goes after sheep and anything Nintendo in general.

#12 Posted by Slow_Show (2018 posts) -

Because gamers are, as a rule, kinda dumb, and that extends to what's mainly an enthusiast press. I guess there's probably a point to be made about how the internet has turned us all into narcissistic garbage monsters trying to out-contrarian eachother (see: "gamers are, as a rule, kinda dumb"), but the greater fact is there just aren't that many opinions in the gaming world worth respecting.

#13 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

This is ironic coming from you...nintendoboy16

I do recall him getting mad at me for thinking Rachet and Clank and LBP are better games than Mario Galaxy, he called me some bad names in the process. It was either him or someone with the same avatar.

#14 Posted by 04dcarraher (20228 posts) -

On System Wars nobody can handle a different opinion, .

ShadowMoses900
No the problem is people try to pass their opinion as fact with no real proof to back it up.
#15 Posted by khoofia_pika (13517 posts) -
Shut up Halo 4 FTW teh shooter of teh foreverz
#16 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27664 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]This is ironic coming from you...Bigboi500

This. The tc has called people terrible names for playing certain kinds of games, and always goes after sheep and anything Nintendo in general.

A more recent example, he called out the sheep for still liking Nintendo franchises JUST because of "nostalgia" (yeah, THAT card).
#17 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Why can't you respect the opinions of others about other peoples opinions TC?

#18 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

That's like asking why people can't respect anyone's opinion.

#19 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

That's like asking why people can't respect anyone's opinion.

NeonNinja

This. ^^ and there are alot of trolls out there that just do it cause they are aholes.

#20 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Welcome to System Wars, and if you are here making this thread then I doubt you are innocent.

#21 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]This is ironic coming from you...nintendoboy16

A more recent example, he called out the sheep for still liking Nintendo franchises JUST because of "nostalgia" (yeah, THAT card).

:/

He's one of those guys?

Ew.....

#22 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]This. The tc has called people terrible names for playing certain kinds of games, and always goes after sheep and anything Nintendo in general.

NeonNinja

He's one of those guys?

Ew.....

Lol, yeah that is pretty funny, he shouldn't be making this thread.
#23 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

A reviewers job is not to give an opinion, it is to give an objective assessment.

#24 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43198 posts) -
The reviewer received flack because his points were dumb as f*ck and made himself look like a fool on GAF.
#25 Posted by olart4618 (409 posts) -

welcome to SW,:cry:

#26 Posted by olart4618 (409 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] A more recent example, he called out the sheep for still liking Nintendo franchises JUST because of "nostalgia" (yeah, THAT card).SaltyMeatballs

He's one of those guys?

Ew.....

Lol, yeah that is pretty funny, he shouldn't be making this thread.

fanboy in his maximun expression

#27 Posted by pelvist (5135 posts) -

Because they are kids, but sometimes other kids come out with blatant lies about platforms/games that they havent even experienced and dress it up as opinion. On these forums im not allowed to dislike Dark Souls or I have a bunch of Dark Souls fanboys jump on my balls telling me its the best game ever and I dont like the game because I suck at it.

Remember when console gamers said The Witcher 2 was crap? But then it came out on the 360 and suddenly it isnt crap any more? Or when they said L.A Noir was really REALLY good! Then it came out on PC and they where "oh well its not that good anyway".

#28 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Psst, I think the general consensus is you're in that very group that scorned upon by you.

#29 Posted by clone01 (25132 posts) -

I think TC is confusing gamers with fanboys.

#30 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

Because this is SW? Though in defense of some people it's because there are definitely things like sh1tty opinions and terrible reasoning. Which is a concept not everyone seems to get when they go to the age old "it's my opinion. blah blah blah"...so why the f*ck did you come in all high and mighty and sharing it like it was a fact? Tw@tjg4xchamp

Preach^

#31 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Opinions are like a.holes - everyone has one :P

On a serious note, I'm more concerned about the people who force their (usually worthless) opinions to others.

#32 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Because they are kids, but sometimes other kids come out with blatant lies about platforms/games that they havent even experienced and dress it up as opinion. On these forums im not allowed to dislike Dark Souls or I have a bunch of Dark Souls fanboys jump on my balls telling me its the best game ever and I dont like the game because I suck at it.

Remember when console gamers said The Witcher 2 was crap? But then it came out on the 360 and suddenly it isnt crap any more? Or when they said L.A Noir was really REALLY good! Then it came out on PC and they where "oh well its not that good anyway".

pelvist

It's always amusing to watch hermits playing the victim card ;)

#33 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

TC got called out for doing exactly what he's complaining about.

Man, if I were you, I'd go sit in a corner, wait there, and hope everyone forgets about this thread.

#34 Posted by Ballroompirate (23581 posts) -

I wouldn't call the majority of SW posters "gamers", they are more like fanboys,nostalgia fanboys and trolls.

#35 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

Because this is SW? Though in defense of some people it's because there are definitely things like sh1tty opinions and terrible reasoning. Which is a concept not everyone seems to get when they go to the age old "it's my opinion. blah blah blah"...so why the f*ck did you come in all high and mighty and sharing it like it was a fact? Tw@tjg4xchamp

Graceful in its delivery, and true in its message.

I agree with this quote.

#36 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Fanboys. That is all.

#37 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
There is a difference between respect of the right *to* an opinion, and respect *for* that opinion.
#38 Posted by PsychoLemons (2293 posts) -

Were they respectful in the first place to begin with?

#39 Posted by Another-World (783 posts) -

Halo 4 gets a 7 because it seems the reviewer didn't like it as much as those others that gave the game 9's and 10's so what is the problem here?

Molyneux say that Wii U doesn't look as innovative as the Wii and he gave some reasons (and very good ones may I say) as to why he thinks like that and then... Jim Sterling proceeds to diss him by citing some of his old games like if that had anything to do with anything.

Some gamers doesn't like the idea of GTAV having more than 1 protagonist (me included) and all hell break loose with the defenders calling everybody a hater. But the thing is that I have my reasons to not like the idea of multiple protagonists based on past experiences with Suikoden 3, Yakuza 4, Sonic Adventure, etc. Why? Because it not only breaks up the overall flow of the game for basically forcing you to start the game from the beginning multiple times to see a final ending but because the content gets shared between all the characters instead of just one so the game ends up feeling like multiple little games put together. But what now? Are people going to call me a "tool", a "hater", a "spoiled brat" because they think differently than me? Truth is that people that don't respect my opinion are the real haters, tools, and spoiled brats....

Why gamer's can't respect anybody's opinion? That's the question... Why? We are all different, we have different life experiences that makes us see things from completely different point of views so we will never agree on everything but why can't we respect that and have to start dissing each others like a bunch of illiterate idiots?

[spoiler] BTW I'm talking about general gaming outside of System Wars. I know how things work here so this thread doesn't apply to System Warriors' behavior. [/spoiler]

Gue1
Cause all of us are bigots, deep down inside. It takes a real effort to go beyond your instinct and appreciate that the other person might also be right, or that your POV might not be the only correct one. Most people are like this, it's not limited to gamers, for god's sake. Arguments everywhere have this problem.
#40 Posted by GamerZem (526 posts) -

You're generalizing an entire social group. I think you're looking for the fanboys.

I, for one, don't have a problem with most other opinions. If said opinion is just flat-out stupid, or is false or insulting, then I have a problem.