Why even own a console?

• 199 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

Consoles are fine. Most console players don't even notice how blurry/jaggie everything is, and even if they did, they wouldn't care.

BPoole96

Because you can't play graphics, you stupid tw@t.

DarkLink77
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

There are lots of games i like that i can only play on consoles.TomatoDragonPSN
This exclusives are the reason to own consoles.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#153 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
If you love having the best hardware and visuals get a PC. I find that consoles are better if you view gaming as software-centric.
undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

red dead...

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

At this point in the gen, consoles arn't really worth much aside paper weights or doorstops.. All you get is a jaggy, lesser gamingexperience. The extremly rare worthwhile exclusive doens't warrant paying 200$+ per console not to mention controllers other peripherals. And tbh i'd rather avoid the dozens the casual fps's, movies, wannabe racing sim's, and rehashed fighters... Only fathomable reason to own a console is if you cant afford a decent PC or to play with console only friends..

Inb4 Elitist

jimmyrussle117

Because gaming on a PC sucks.

Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
You sound like a ****. I actually have friends, and we like to play couch multiplayer together. After every ultimate frisbee win, we celebrate by having a marathon of Call of Duty: Black Ops matches, followed by partying, of course. :D
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#157 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

because we discuss graphics to death on SW but they really aren't everything. I like playing UMvC3 online, I'm hooked with DC Universe and cannot wait to play Yakuza 5 and from these only one is on the PC. And not to mention FFvs which I still have faith that hasn't been cancelled.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#158 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]elitist... consoles are just as good as pc's for gaming.Timstuff

:lol:

Consoles are cheap, PCs are high quality. Consoles are good for gaming if you have no money, but that is not the same thing as being "just as good." Also, PC games are a lot cheaper so the price argument really doesn't mean much anyway. So yeah, consoles are not as good for gaming unless you're lazy and don't care about quality.

That's classic rubbish! I'm gonna remember that comment for a good while. Too funny.
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#159 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Not arsed to buy a gaming PC.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

i wuv my ps3 :c

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Because even a King likes to enjoy the common folk and peasants every now and again

EXPOSED!!!

Blackbond

Hmm we need a shokio gif

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

... to support one of my favorite hobbies and to keep it from becoming a monopolized mess?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]elitist... consoles are just as good as pc's for gaming.Timstuff

:lol:

Consoles are cheap, PCs are high quality. Consoles are good for gaming if you have no money, but that is not the same thing as being "just as good." Also, PC games are a lot cheaper so the price argument really doesn't mean much anyway. So yeah, consoles are not as good for gaming unless you're lazy and don't care about quality.

you heard it right here folks.. pc superiority
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

The only reason is a few select exclusives, and even those are more of movies than games.

There is a good 3-5 gems though worth playing.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

The only reason is a few select exclusives, and even those are more of movies than games.

Jankarcop
Okay, then.. if you say so.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

ArisShadows

Thanks for agreeing.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#169 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

At this point in the gen, consoles arn't really worth much aside paper weights or doorstops.. All you get is a jaggy, lesser gamingexperience. The extremly rare worthwhile exclusive doens't warrant paying 200$+ per console not to mention controllers other peripherals. And tbh i'd rather avoid the dozens the casual fps's, movies, wannabe racing sim's, and rehashed fighters... Only fathomable reason to own a console is if you cant afford a decent PC or to play with console only friends..

Inb4 Elitist

jimmyrussle117

The irony.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

Inb4 Elitist

jimmyrussle117
You have such a small narrow minded view. People like to play games and they have the right to play what games they want on what systems they want, even if you disagree with it. I don't really like the last 3 Nintendo consoles but I don't slate people for wanting to play on them or say the only reason they are not playing on a PS3, 360 or PC is because they can't afford it. I for one if I wanted to could very simply spend a fair amount of my savings and buy a computer with gtx690 SLI 3rd gen intel i7 and 16gb+ of ram but I cant justify spending that amount of money...not that I can't. It all comes down to what people want. I play console games because I like sitting on my couch with a nice comfy controller and a huge TV and play games which is exclusive to my console which you can not get on PC while most PC games you can get on console. You paint a bad image of PC gamers. enjoy you PC gaming but never ever think its because you are privileged and succesful enough with you life to be able to afford one and the only reasons others don't play on PC's is because they are poor peasants because while all that money that you have spent on you PC I'am still playing games but have also paid for a Europe motorbike tour for 2 months with mates
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#171 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i like them and find it easier and better to play most games on consoles. There are some exceptions though. But i still like playng on a console better even if it is "outdated"
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
Also the other reason i don't buy a PC just comes down to hassle. Yeah I'm not going to deny PC gamers will play smoother and have the better graphics but that doesn't mean its the better game. Also I read someone posted saying that PC games are cheaper so their for the price balance's out...WTH how much does it cost for a decent PC to be able to play any PC game out and coming out at a good enough pace, how many games which are normally around £10 cheaper would you have to be to justify the cost of the PC, such a stupid argument. The main reason know is I can buy a console and then not have to worry about it and also my Console lasts a lot better then a PC. Name a PC which you could have paid for in the year 2005 that cost the same price as the 360 that can play Skyrim better or even battlefield. Its going to be a straight NO. the PC I'm using now cost me 800 in 2006 and I'm not even silly enough to try and play Skyrim on it or battlefield. PC gaming to me is just a huge waste of money for people that can't think of better things to spend their money on
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts
I got mine for the exclusives and Halo2 made me buy consoles for the first time since PS1. Heil68
Pshht lemming... ;)
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Only fathomable reason to own a console is if you cant afford a decent PC or to play with console only friends.jimmyrussle117
You answered your own thread
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#175 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts

A large portion of my favorites in my game collection consists of Japanese products (Vanquish, No More Heroes, Bayonetta, Tekken, Mad World, Zelda, XenoBlade, SoulCalibur, The Last Story, Okami, Metroid, Shadows of the Damned, Muramasa, huge PS2 backlog, etc)

Am I suppoed to give all these up and join the Master Race exclusively? I think not... I will hang around with the low class Japanese developer peasants since they support consoles. As long as they support consoles and make video game excellence I will be there.

mark1982

Japan is the only East Asian country where the PC does not dominate the hardcore landscape. Korea, Taiwan and China are all powerhouses as far as PC gaming goes, and all of them have been showing signs of growth in the gaming industry while Japan is in decline. Eventually, Japan is going to have to join the fray if they want to remain competitive in the Asian market.

While Dark Souls was a rather sloppy port, it was still the best version of the game, and the fact that it's even on the PC is at least a step in the right direction. The difficult part though, has always been the task of getting Japanese gamers to embrace the idea of the PC being an entertainment machine and not just a device for work and school.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#176 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Inb4 Elitist

jimmyrussle117
Games, TC. You know, the only thing that really matters here. PC is a wonderful platform, at this point it's my most played system. But there are still games released for my consoles that I want, and PC doesn't get. Maybe that's not worth the cost for you. For most SWers, it is.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
Not answering OP's troll attempt, but I'll answer the title: Its cheaper than having to upgrade your computer (or even buy a new computer) every new console generation. Also I prefer to sit on my bed and use my laptop -which laptops are known for their weakness in computer gaming- so I don't really have an option when it comes to gaming. Lastly, PS3 da best.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 godzillavskong
If you can afford it I say get all the gaming platforms you can. Why limit yourself and possibly miss out on some great titles that may not be available anywhere else?I don't care what I'm playing the game on, as long as its a good , fun game, I'm all for it.Yeah , some are better than others, but that's expected.
halogreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 halogreatest
Member since 2012 • 134 Posts
PC sucks -more bugs glitches -less games, or games noone hear of -no big killer apps -no halo, uncharted, gears of war, last of us , mario -not as good online or as much cool DLC -not as popular -for nerdz
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="halogreatest"]PC sucks -more bugs glitches -less games, or games noone hear of -no big killer apps -no halo, uncharted, gears of war, last of us , mario -not as good online or as much cool DLC -not as popular -for nerdz

? Stalker was a very good, popular oc game, that wasn't available on consoles. Guild Wars 2 is another very good game that isn't available on consoles.
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

SNIPER4321

he is right. nothing else is worth playing on console.

....except he's not right.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Inb4 Elitist

jimmyrussle117
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#183 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

PC sucks -more bugs glitches -less games, or games noone hear of -no big killer apps -no halo, uncharted, gears of war, last of us , mario -not as good online or as much cool DLC -not as popular -for nerdzhalogreatest

sadly when it comes to bugs, patches, incompletely games, loading times, installs, and all the other things that were hinderences on pc gaming for years, those things have now completely infected the console experience. It has created this situation, where I really do wonder what the point of a console is exactly.

Why not just put the money you would spend on a console and just adding that to the pc you are already buying? So instead of a $500 pc, you buy a $800 pc. Plus there's Steam sales where you can buy games on sale so that would cover the cost of any upgrades you might want to make in the future. It's not like you can't hook your pc or laptop to a TV. I would say even the mainstream audience has figured this trick out.

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="halogreatest"]PC sucks -more bugs glitches -less games, or games noone hear of -no big killer apps -no halo, uncharted, gears of war, last of us , mario -not as good online or as much cool DLC -not as popular -for nerdzGunSmith1_basic

sadly when it comes to bugs, patches, incompletely games, loading times, installs, and all the other things that were hinderences on pc gaming for years, those things have now completely infected the console experience. It has created this situation, where I really do wonder what the point of a console is exactly.

Why not just put the money you would spend on a console and just adding that to the pc you are already buying? So instead of a $500 pc, you buy a $800 pc. Plus there's Steam sales where you can buy games on sale so that would cover the cost of any upgrades you might want to make in the future. It's not like you can't hook your pc or laptop to a TV. I would say even the mainstream audience has figured this trick out.

Should have took the time to look at his name and avatar. I agree with what you said but no point in quoting him lol.

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
I don't care how much power PC has if I'd dosent have the games I want then it can kiss my a** . I don't play graphics, I play games and I don't think will ever see games like: Ni no Kuni Persona 5 Yakuza 5 The Last of Us Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes God of War: Ascension Kingdom Hearts 3 FFVXIII The Last Guardian Zone Of Enders 3 And many more on PC.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="danjin44"]I don't care how much power PC has if I'd dosent have the games I want then it can kiss my a** . I don't play graphics, I play games and I don't think will ever see games like: Ni no Kuni Persona 5 Yakuza 5 The Last of Us Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes God of War: Ascension Kingdom Hearts 3 FFVXIII The Last Guardian Zone Of Enders 3 And many more on PC.

Ground Zero might be on PC.
madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#188 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts

Inb4 Elitist

jimmyrussle117
As much as the TC is trolling i have to agree with him. There are much more genres on the PC and there are plenty of games for everyone on the PC. Everything is backward compatible (with a little knowledge) so you have millions of games at your disposal. PC gaming is not expensive and you need a PC anyway. The only pro about consoles is that it is user friendly. So for lazy people and people without much brains (ewww heavy statement :D) consoles are perfect.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

Inb4 Elitist

madmenno
As much as the TC is trolling i have to agree with him. There are much more genres on the PC and there are plenty of games for everyone on the PC. Everything is backward compatible (with a little knowledge) so you have millions of games at your disposal. PC gaming is not expensive and you need a PC anyway. The only pro about consoles is that it is user friendly. So for lazy people and people without much brains (ewww heavy statement :D) consoles are perfect.

Wow! What a shame.......
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#190 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
console exclusives/thread.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Not arsed to buy a gaming PC.

tryagainlater

You don't have to buy a gaming PC to enjoy PC games.

There are so many good games anyone can play on basically any PC bought in the last few years.

Personally that's what I recommend to anyone looking to start PC gaming. You don't just go head first into hardware. You play a game here, and there, and if you get interested enough that's when you consider actually building something for more high-end gaming.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="halogreatest"]PC sucks -more bugs glitches -less games, or games noone hear of -no big killer apps -no halo, uncharted, gears of war, last of us , mario -not as good online or as much cool DLC -not as popular -for nerdz

Fear-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Fear-
Member since 2012 • 499 Posts
Why does this guy not get banned for trolling but when I make clever topics my accounts get deleted? This is BS, gamespot mods are rascist
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 godzillavskong
Why does this guy not get banned for trolling but when I make clever topics my accounts get deleted? This is BS, gamespot mods are rascist Fear-
Their mods are a bit ridiculous. Not all of em though, but a good portion. I think they go on power trips.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I purchased mine to play games. Been having a blast all gen.
moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Halo, Mario, Uncharted, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Zelda, Gears of War, God of War, etc... /thread

Meeeper282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Meeeper282
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

Console gamers are scum, i think you console peasants should join the 3DS Master race

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#198 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Forget gaming, it's a question worth exploring. Consoles have to be something different to be interesting now, which is why the WiiU is a noble effort, really, but still not exciting.
Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#199 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts
console exclusives/thread.Microsoft1234
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 godzillavskong

Console gamers are scum, i think you console peasants should join the 3DS Master race

Meeeper282
Hurts my eyes squinting all the time!