Why even own a console?

• 199 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Some people think PC gaming is expensive yet they buy multiple consoles inculiding handheld which cost more than Gaming PC. also why plasma TV dont count as cost?

Also,why your electricity bills don't count?
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

At this point in the gen, consoles arn't really worth much aside paper weights or doorstops.. All you get is a jaggy, lesser gamingexperience. The extremly rare worthwhile exclusive doens't warrant paying 200$+ per console not to mention controllers other peripherals. And tbh i'd rather avoid the dozens the casual fps's, movies, wannabe racing sim's, and rehashed fighters... Only fathomable reason to own a console is if you cant afford a decent PC or to play with console only friends..

Inb4 Elitist

tenaka2

Yes but have you seen the size of those trailers in the trailer parks? Space is already tight fitting in a large pc could be problematic.

Plus, unlike PC games console games can be purchased with food stamps.

What retailer allows you to purchase console games with food sstamps?
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="OB-47"]

Hermits are beta's IRL

OB-47

You say that on a gaming forum called system wars. Haah.

Jesus that's something I would say.

It's just that recently I've attempted to argue with the fanboys rationally only to be met with idiotic 'umad' posts or 'petty consolites', and so I decided why bother with the effort. These fanboys aren't open minded. My opinion, and even yours isn't going to change it. I'd rather entertain myself a bit.

Indeed! But hey those mocking them are open to being mocked themselves, we're all gits posting here, it's half the fun really!

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

omg go away u stpd PeeCee gamr

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Couch gaming without kb/m, confined spaces, military with no access to internet, console exclusives, play with friends, plug-n-play convenience, etc.

Some ppl spend 10 hours a day at work on a computer, they don't want to come home and sit at another computer.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

You're not really good at this.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]Some people think PC gaming is expensive yet they buy multiple consoles inculiding handheld which cost more than Gaming PC. also why plasma TV dont count as cost? MonsieurX
Also,why your electricity bills don't count?

Don't forget to feed the kids and the dog

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#58 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
Because it's what I like.
NaturalDisplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NaturalDisplay
Member since 2010 • 548 Posts

Not enough diversity in PC gaming. There are four main genres on PC, indie, strategy/simulation, FPS and MMOs. Thats it. Also PC misses out on some really good console exclusives. Its too bad hermits are in denial because they really are missing out on a lot.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

because i can

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Can't play PC games with a friend when they come over, can't play Halo or Uncharted on a PC, and sometimes it's nice to just sit in my living room with my TV and surround sound and play a game.

Plenty of reasons.

humpmasterflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 humpmasterflex
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts

Consoles have absolutely no games when it comes to exclusives, and why nwould anyone play multiplats on them if pc versions are better in ever single way, far better gameplay experience from controls to game performance, not to mention visual fidelity ads to the atmosphere of said game making it that much more enjoyable.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

The games.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Games. Cheap. Accessible. Split screen.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 locopatho
Consoles have absolutely no games when it comes to exclusives, humpmasterflex
Nintendo games? You know, the highest selling and most critically acclaimed in the world? ;)
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

At this point in the gen, consoles arn't really worth much aside paper weights or doorstops.. All you get is a jaggy, lesser gamingexperience. The extremly rare worthwhile exclusive doens't warrant paying 200$+ per console not to mention controllers other peripherals. And tbh i'd rather avoid the dozens the casual fps's, movies, wannabe racing sim's, and rehashed fighters... Only fathomable reason to own a console is if you cant afford a decent PC or to play with console only friends..

Inb4 Elitist

jimmyrussle117

i think you just anwered your own question.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

Inb4 Elitist

lowe0

Yes but have you seen the size of those trailers in the trailer parks? Space is already tight fitting in a large pc could be problematic.

One would hope that all of them do, if they don't they are obviously way out of touch with there customer base.

humpmasterflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 humpmasterflex
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts
[QUOTE="humpmasterflex"]Consoles have absolutely no games when it comes to exclusives, locopatho
Nintendo games? You know, the highest selling and most critically acclaimed in the world? ;)

If you like 20 different mario parties i guess. Wii has absolutely no games at all, unless u count shovel ware as games...
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
PC don't have Naughty Dog ..... end of ur stuury
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
For the lulz
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

One would hope that all of them do, if they don't they are obviously way out of touch with there customer base.

Source for correlation between economic status and choice of platform?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] What retailer allows you to purchase console games with food sstamps?lowe0

You do realise that you sound like the Borg right?

Kamekazi_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Kamekazi_69
Member since 2006 • 4704 Posts

Exclusives, I enjoy playing with my friends and my baby sister, and Blu Ray is about the primary reasons :)

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

Because Nintendo still makes awesome games for a bad system, and there are third party devs who seem to think that PC gaming's a plague that must be destroyed.

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

System wars sure is a downer lately.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Not enough diversity in PC gaming. There are four main genres on PC, indie, strategy/simulation, FPS and MMOs. Thats it. Also PC misses out on some really good console exclusives. Its too bad hermits are in denial because they really are missing out on a lot.

NaturalDisplay

'Indie' isn't a genre, and there's no reason for any hermit to be in denial since they aren't missing anything except a few, scattered console exclusives.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="NaturalDisplay"]

SNIPER4321
and console have adventure, JRPG, Fighters. thats it. they are missing tons of things. plus PC have most games both quality and quantity wise.

Most games...why do you botter,you only play FPS anyway
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

NaturalDisplay
What exclusives has your console had this year that PC gamers have missed out on thats been so impressive? :)
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#80 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

So many Exclusives!

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

But sometimes the borg were funny and least they tried to be rational and use consistent logic. Ah anyway here comes lowe to derail another PC topic :P
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#82 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Hmm, well on my PS3 and Wii I play video games.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lowe0
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] Source for correlation between economic status and choice of platform?blue_hazy_basic

But sometimes the borg were funny and least they tried to be rational and use consistent logic. Ah anyway here comes lowe to derail another PC topic :P

Care to explain how this post is on topic yet mine is not? Don't have much room to complain about derailing if you're the one doing it.
DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts

Inb4 Elitist

jimmyrussle117
Why own a pc when tablets are the future? At this point the PC isnt really worth much aside paper weights or doorstops.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

So many Exclusives!

SNIPER4321
not a single good one.

Too much colors.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

Inb4 Elitist

DarthClark
Why own a pc when tablets are the future? At this point the PC isnt really worth much aside paper weights or doorstops.

Yes,tablets allow me to do everything I do with my PC
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="humpmasterflex"]Consoles have absolutely no games when it comes to exclusives, humpmasterflex

If you like 20 different mario parties i guess. Wii has absolutely no games at all, unless u count shovel ware as games...

Same as PC with it's 2000 different WoW and AoE clones :lol: No, seriously, any gamer trying to dismiss Nintendo as a quality games dev is just a moron.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#89 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

While I do have a nice gaming PC, I get consoles for the unique experiences that I simply can't get on PC. Which I why I'm getting a Wii U.

DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DarthClark
[QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

Inb4 Elitist

MonsieurX

Obviously you cant just trying to show the TC anyone can use his backwards logic. Each way of gaming has its own pros and cons. I can tell you the majority of average everyday gamers have no interest in dropping 2 grand on a gaming rig or building one for cheaper piece by piece shopping for parts they have never heard of. Alot of people just want buy a system, take it home, pop in a game and play.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#91 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Because I just prefer my consoles. I find PC gaming to be too inconvienant and not worth the money, I have better things to spend my money on. And PC fanboys overhype the graphics, with mods/overhauls/max settings yes there is a difference, but vanilla wise there is not.

And in order to get those great graphics out of a PC you have to spend some cash, and some time upgrading it. And it's not like consoles can't do great graphics too.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="DarthClark"] Why own a pc when tablets are the future? At this point the PC isnt really worth much aside paper weights or doorstops.

Obviously you cant just trying to show the TC anyone can use his backwards logic. Each way of gaming has its own pros and cons. I can tell you the majority of average everyday gamers have no interest in dropping 2 grand on a gaming rig or building one for cheaper piece by piece shopping for parts they have never heard of. Alot of people just want buy a system, take it home, pop in a game and play.

That's what console are there for...but tablets :lol:
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#93 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

So many Exclusives!

SNIPER4321

not a single good one.

Fail

DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DarthClark
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Yes,tablets allow me to do everything I do with my PC

Its not here now but one day the tablet will be graphically as powerful as a desktop if history is any indicator.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tenaka2

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="DarthClark"] Obviously you cant just trying to show the TC anyone can use his backwards logic. Each way of gaming has its own pros and cons. I can tell you the majority of average everyday gamers have no interest in dropping 2 grand on a gaming rig or building one for cheaper piece by piece shopping for parts they have never heard of. Alot of people just want buy a system, take it home, pop in a game and play.DarthClark

Its not here now but one day the tablet will be graphically as powerful as a desktop if history is any indicator.

Nope, a tablet will never be as powerful as a desktop if you compare from the same date.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="DarthClark"] Obviously you cant just trying to show the TC anyone can use his backwards logic. Each way of gaming has its own pros and cons. I can tell you the majority of average everyday gamers have no interest in dropping 2 grand on a gaming rig or building one for cheaper piece by piece shopping for parts they have never heard of. Alot of people just want buy a system, take it home, pop in a game and play.

No it won't, are handhelds as powerful as consoles?
DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DarthClark
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] That's what console are there for...but tablets :lol:

They are closing the gap.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="DarthClark"] Its not here now but one day the tablet will be graphically as powerful as a desktop if history is any indicator.

Not really,they always looked a gen behind.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 locopatho
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] That's what console are there for...but tablets :lol:

Yeah, look at the Vita, it's definitely beyond the Wii and close to 360/PS3 levels. There are PS3/Vita multiplats as well.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="DarthClark"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="DarthClark"] Its not here now but one day the tablet will be graphically as powerful as a desktop if history is any indicator.

To end of gen consoles, and they still aren't really that close, when you take how much can appear and what it can do on screen.