Why does SW continue to take a dump on the Wii U when..

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45049 Posts

It's had great games like Super Mario 3D World, Windwaker HD, Donkey Kong TF, Pikmin, Rayman Legends, etc. All of these games are extremely polished and fun. Mario Kart 8 is next month and we have Smash for the holidays. So why SW, why?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Its the same stuff, no new IP's. Just more Mario, Zelda and DK.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

lol wii u

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Because it's not a PS4

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

It's a shit console and a meagre list of games we've seen all before will do nothing to change that.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

lolWiiU

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'm probably going to get a WiiU after E3. I'm expecting a price drop. It will be a great system with a decent library of titles to play during the usual summer lull in game releases. Showing Ninty some love!

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

MariiU

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#9 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

SW has awful taste.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

SW doesn't care about games, just sales and moronic trends.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Why does SW continue to take a dump on the Wii U when..

..is it me or did you just answer your own question.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
  • Underpowered
  • Underfeatured
  • Over a decade behind in terms of online and not improving
  • Fails to acquire 99% of multiplats
  • Barely any new IPs to act as incentives for everyone who wasn't going to buy the damn thing without knowing any details (aka the diehard Nintendo fanbase)

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Super Smash Bros and I LOVE Mario Kart. We only get 1 per gen and those games actually feel like fully-fledged sequels. Better yet, those teams embrace online which means I could play with friends and family out of the house and even out of the state. Hardly care for the rest though. If i gave a damn about Windwaker, I would have bought it on the gamecube. It hardly needed a remake as cell-shaded graphics age extremely well.

Mario? Eh, last 3D mario I was a fan of was Sunshine because it was DIFFERENT. This system doesn't even really have a 3D mario. It has New Super original DS Mario Ports and it has Mario 3D land sequel. Both are basically just normal 2d mario gameplay with one having slightly more dimensions to it. I stand by my statement they could just release a level editor and just release dlc items every year or so and that'd set the typical mario fan for life. What changes in each game besides maybe 1 new item each installment?

No metroid and more DK when nobody wanted it. Ya, ok. You can't get more out of touch then Nintendo. At least Microsoft could tell when they were being stupid and quickly made an effort to change course.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

It's had great games

But the Nazis confiscated all of them? What do you mean had?

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@clyde46 said:

If the same stuff was regular new Metroid games as often as the other franchises I'd probably own one but no...hoping they let Metroid go 3rd Party since obviously they aren't using the property effectively. Are they only holding onto it so the can stick Samus in the Smash Bros and Party games? That's BS.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Because it's not a PS4

pretty much this

most gamers 10-30 years old....

which means they grew up in the ps1/ps2 era dominance.... they have sony in their pacifiers.

and all the people who thought consoles was for nerds...dude bros..are sony/xbox fans now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

More iterations of Mario, DK, SSB, etc. And, whether SW wants to admit it or not, graphics are more important than they claim to most.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@handssss said

Mario? Eh, last 3D mario I was a fan of was Sunshine because it was DIFFERENT. This system doesn't even really have a 3D mario. It has New Super original DS Mario Ports and it has Mario 3D land sequel. Both are basically just normal 2d mario gameplay with one having slightly more dimensions to it.

So in other words you've never played 3d world.

Good to know

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@clyde46 said:

Are they only holding onto it so the can stick Samus in the Smash Bros and Party games? That's BS.

What I don't even know the read I just did.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Lack of third party. First party offerings aren't thatexciting. Then there's the way Nintendo handled/handles it.

It's easy to dislike the WiiU.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Everything that's not the PS4 seems to get shat on with the exception of the 3DS.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PrincessGomez92

@handssss:

-Claims the Wii U doesn't have a 3D Mario

-Talks about Super Mario 3D World, a 3D Mario game

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Smash Bros holiday? Oh no no, Summer is more likely.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Absolutely incorrect.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Master_Of_Fools

@Shewgenja:

Wii U just got a price cut last Holiday...Nintendo was taking a $50 loss per console before now a $100 loss per console. You want them to lower it AGAIN??? $300 is more then reasonable. If you cant afford that, the gaming shouldn't be your focus in life. If people can afford a PS4 or Xbox One they can get a Wii U.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shewgenja

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@Shewgenja:

Wii U just got a price cut last Holiday...Nintendo was taking a $50 loss per console before now a $100 loss per console. You want them to lower it AGAIN??? $300 is more then reasonable. If you cant afford that, the gaming shouldn't be your focus in life. If people can afford a PS4 or Xbox One they can get a Wii U.

Jesus, is it a heavy flow day or something? I say I want one and it's not good enough? I could buy several, but I want to see what Nintendo does to sweeten the pot at E3. Probrem?

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Because it took eons for those games to come out.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Master_Of_Fools

@handssss said:
  • Underpowered
  • Underfeatured
  • Over a decade behind in terms of online and not improving
  • Fails to acquire 99% of multiplats
  • Barely any new IPs to act as incentives for everyone who wasn't going to buy the damn thing without knowing any details (aka the diehard Nintendo fanbase)

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Super Smash Bros and I LOVE Mario Kart. We only get 1 per gen and those games actually feel like fully-fledged sequels. Better yet, those teams embrace online which means I could play with friends and family out of the house and even out of the state. Hardly care for the rest though. If i gave a damn about Windwaker, I would have bought it on the gamecube. It hardly needed a remake as cell-shaded graphics age extremely well.

Mario? Eh, last 3D mario I was a fan of was Sunshine because it was DIFFERENT. This system doesn't even really have a 3D mario. It has New Super original DS Mario Ports and it has Mario 3D land sequel. Both are basically just normal 2d mario gameplay with one having slightly more dimensions to it. I stand by my statement they could just release a level editor and just release dlc items every year or so and that'd set the typical mario fan for life. What changes in each game besides maybe 1 new item each installment?

No metroid and more DK when nobody wanted it. Ya, ok. You can't get more out of touch then Nintendo. At least Microsoft could tell when they were being stupid and quickly made an effort to change course.

Underpowered....clearly you listen to the wrong people in this business. Maybe if you worked with the damn thing you would know that's not the case. Xbox One is roughly 33% stronger then Wii U, PS4 is about 50% stronger then Wii U. Its not a big deal.

Underfeatured....Other then Party Chat, not really, unless your one of those apes who thinks it should play CD's and DVD's and BluRay and have Twitter and all that crap.

Nintendo Network is a great online, EA helped make it and liked it so much they wanted it from Nintendo, Nintendo said nope, EA got pissed at Nintendo and now ignore Nintendo. Have fun paying to play online. Again other then missing Party Chat, Wii U's online is the best there is. That being said Nintendo MUST take advantage of it and make more games online.

Multiplats, you don't buy a Nintendo console for 3rd party games, you buy an Xbox or Playstation for them since their exclusives are junk, but most 3rd party devs are crap these days anyway.

New Ip's oh yeah cause PS and Xbox do new IP's all the damn time? Xbox did Titan Fall another FPS game woo hoo. Plasystation did The Last Of Us...which wont become a series necessarily. Nintendo did Wonderful 101, and it failed, Bayonetta 2 can be called an new Nintendo IP, and Miyamoto is making a new IP. You don't understand that making a new IP is a risk, it has no fanbase or known and loved character if Nintendo said we will only do new IP's that would kill them and nobody would buy them. Not to mention Nintendo has more IP's then the other 2. Nintendo should focus on Starfox, F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Custom Robo and such.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@Shewgenja:

Yeah, they've stated pretty clearly Wii U isn't getting a price drop.

At the same time, I understand people's concern about the price. But it's completely ignoring a great deal of that cost goes to selling the console with a touch screen controller. People who only look at power in a discussion about the Wii U price obviously don't understand the console, and they shouldn't spend money on it because it's not designed for that kind of gamer.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DocSanchez

@Master_Of_Fools That's one of the most biased, one eyed fanboyish and flat out wrong posts I've ever heard. Congratulations.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Because they can

The reason I don't want a WiiU is the game selection or lack thereof sometimes

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Because they can

The lack of?

It's currently offering the best exclusive lineup

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools:

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@DocSanchez said:

@Master_Of_Fools That's one of the most biased, one eyed fanboyish and flat out wrong posts I've ever heard. Congratulations.

All of the things he stated are true, but it's also those very reasons why many gamers don't want to buy one. It's not biased to say the system has its own unique strengths, which it absolutely does. It is biased, however, to say that gamers shouldn't be concerned about features not being included.

PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PrincessGomez92

@Master_Of_Fools:

Great post.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools:

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Perhaps if Nintendo didn't always strive on shitty hardware, missing features and rehashes of the same childish games year after year, people wouldn't feel this way. This isn't the 80's anymore and we're not 10 years old anymore. People certainly want more.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DocSanchez

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: no there was very little truth in his post. He downplayed the power disparity, which is a joke. He claimed the online was better on wii u. Think about that's! You've just agreed with him! He said people don't buy Nintendo for multiplats. And? That's not a good thing! He calls. Bayonetta a new ip and makes excuses for why Nintendo doesn't bother with them. He is all over the place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

Perhaps if Nintendo didn't always strive on shitty hardware, missing features and rehashes of the same childish games year after year, people wouldn't feel this way. This isn't the 80's anymore and we're not 10 years old anymore. People certainly want more.

Lol. The way you 'understand' Nintendo, it sounds like you are ten years old.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
@MonsieurX said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Because they can

The lack of?

It's currently offering the best exclusive lineup

Not everyone is going to get excited about playing Mario games , Donkey Kong , and a Zelda remake. Best will always be subjective. You could say it's offering more exclusives though , but that's just a number.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Master_Of_Fools

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@Shewgenja:

At the same time, I understand people's concern about the price. But it's completely ignoring a great deal of that cost goes to selling the console with a touch screen controller. People who only look at power in a discussion about the Wii U price obviously don't understand the console, and they shouldn't spend money on it because it's not designed for that kind of gamer.

Apologies, I'm just not having a good day, got a 2 week ban from XBL on my 360 today cause I had the word "Sh*t" in my bio....Apparently that was inappropriate, I have had it that way for a month...I expect a ban from Nintendo from that but Microsoft??? Like wtf.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shewgenja

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Apologies, I'm just not having a good day, got a 2 week ban from XBL on my 360 today cause I had the word "Sh*t" in my bio....Apparently that was inappropriate, I have had it that way for a month...I expect a ban from Nintendo from that but Microsoft??? Like wtf.

I always wondered. If you get banned with a Gold account, can you still use Netflix? I know it's an OT question but I let my live account lapse years ago and never got the banhammer.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Murderstyle75

@charizard1605:

Why? Because I'm not into games with fictional plumbers, gokarts and childish furry critters?

And can the Wii U support my Sennheiser headphones in 7.1 Dolby Headphone Surround? Both Sony and Microsoft has done this for two generations now. Were in the 8th gen and the Nintendo still doesn't support Toslink. To those of us who appreciate audio even more than visuals, this is a very big deal. Especially since my gaming headphone setup costs more then a Wii U.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Relevant reasons: Weak sauce hardware, next to no 3rd party support, somewhat steep price, shoddy online (from what I hear, I don't really game online.)

Irrelevant reasons: Being insecure man-children, hating controllers they haven't even tried, claiming IP fatigue even when they usually play the same tired old games with a new name and look.

Right now it's the only new console with a library that stands on its own. It won't be that way for long obviously

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

This is why:

Overpriced

Underpowered

Terrible sales (probably because of the last 2 things)

You mentioned 5 games, 2 are on other consoles. None of them are new IPs

Only thing coming out for it are the same Nintendo IPs

Still 2 generations behind in regards to online functionality and other system level designs

Almost no third party support

Everything new that is getting announced is not for the Wii U

All of the interesting Nintendo IPs go to the DS, the rehashes come to the Wii U

Nintendo nor any 3rd party is really utilizing the tablet, which essentially means its tacking on an extra $100 for nothing.

The company has poor direction and seem afraid to fire the people who created this flop

They were trying to create another gimmick, but they failed. Instead of buying a tablet peripheral, people actually bought a fucking tablet.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@DocSanchez said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: no there was very little truth in his post. He downplayed the power disparity, which is a joke. He claimed the online was better on wii u. Think about that's! You've just agreed with him! He said people don't buy Nintendo for multiplats. And? That's not a good thing! He calls. Bayonetta a new ip and makes excuses for why Nintendo doesn't bother with them. He is all over the place.

The Wii U is capable of making very pretty Nintendo games. It's exactly as powerful as Nintendo needs it to be for their games. I don't buy Nintendo consoles for multiplatforms. I think multiplatforms are mostly crap. I don't deny anybody else's freedom to enjoy those types of games for the same reason I'm allowed to prefer console exclusives. So, for me, not having multiplatforms is a non-issue.

Also, Nintendo's been very sneakily creating new IP for years in the form of completely overhauling their exclusive titles. Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, the Galaxy duo, and 3D World were vastly different games. Really the only similarities were the characters and the fact that Mario jumps.

That said, I agree they need to create some new franchises, but not just for the sake of doing it. What are these new games going to be? What genre? What are they? Everybody just throws out, "Needs new IP," but nobody really has too many answers when it comes to what they are. Nintendo doesn't even release games in its existing franchises, I'd rather get some we haven't seen in awhile before getting new ones entirely.

And believe it or don't, I've spent more time online with the Wii U than the ps4 or the xbox one, mainly because I wasn't about to re-up on Xbox Live just for the sake of having it. For months after the purchase, I watched Netflix on Wii U because I had no reason to pay for Gold, as I wasn't playing multiplayer games. I got a free year of PS+ last August, but other than that, I probably wouldn't have it for PS4 right now had it not been for that. So, in that way, I enjoy the Wii U online more than the other two. I don't enjoy playing multiplayer games with screaming children and generally vulgar people I don't know. I just find it annoying. So, I'm not really missing anything on the Wii U.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@Shewgenja:

Bummer dude. At least it's only 2 weeks.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9527 Posts

Haters gunna hate, just play what you want to play. On that note.. the Wii U is MUCH MORE appealing to me when mixed with at least one of the other two as well. I prefer the best of all worlds personally and buy for any system a decent game releases on. All the haters either are going to get one eventually, are PC gamers only, or are young enough to automatically assume that the games are too childish (ironic right?)... Nintendo will do fine.. there is a world outside of SW's and it is MUCH larger... lol

Take a deep breath and repeat after me.. Who gives a shit... feel better?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Murderstyle75

@WitIsWisdom:

I'm 39, Owned a NES, SNES, N64 briefly and even a used Gamecube that I rarely played. Didn't buy the Wii and certainly have no interest in the Wii U. Yes. The games are very childish. And like I said. Even if the games would have been good. Nintendo won't even support my headphone setup. Because just like HD on the Wii, they don't take high quality a/v serious.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Why should anyone care about the Wii U? It has no third party support, and Nintendo isn't taking ANY risks with their first party games. One of the most creative gaming companys of all time is now simply shoving out rehashes every year now.