Why does Square Enix keep making FF13 sequels none wanted?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ProtossX (455 posts) -

square knew people didn't like ff8 ff9 and ff12 so they didnt make any sequels to those ones

yet I HATED ff13 as much or more than all 3 of those an its gett like 5 sequels that i never wanted ever

i don't even wanna finish the first ff13

MAKE A GOOD FF game an than if its good recieved well u can make sequels ala ff7 ala ff4 the lost years or whatever

yah i agree with those sequels i agree sqaure I DONT AGREE WITH FF13 crap go make a good ff game again ffs put an airship in there

let me fly around the world map

get ur act together for god sakes

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (26946 posts) -

Why do you keep making threads none wanted?

#3 Posted by Heil68 (40487 posts) -

Money is my guess.

#4 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (4605 posts) -

Look at the Nascar franchise, they pulled the plug on the series because they killed it and they knew it.

Madden is next IMO. Paying $60 for a roster update is something that could be done in DLC.

I don't really like the FF series but can only feel your stress. They need to take a break or do a major revamp.

#5 Edited by finalfantasy94 (25809 posts) -

Then ignore the games.I enjoyed 13 and while I think 13 had a nice closing ending and there was no point in a sequel I still enjoyed 13-2 and cant wait for LR.

#6 Edited by lundy86_4 (41641 posts) -

Dude, stop making threads.

Also, because they make money... I guess.

#7 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6375 posts) -

If they want money, they would do a FF7 remake or HD, plain and simple.

#8 Posted by lundy86_4 (41641 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

If they want money, they would do a FF7 remake or HD, plain and simple.

I guess. They have the knowledge on what sells, I suppose, whilst we just speculate.

#9 Posted by clone01 (23751 posts) -

@ProtossX said:

square knew people didn't like ff8 ff9 and ff12 so they didnt make any sequels to those ones

yet I HATED ff13 as much or more than all 3 of those an its gett like 5 sequels that i never wanted ever

i don't even wanna finish the first ff13

MAKE A GOOD FF game an than if its good recieved well u can make sequels ala ff7 ala ff4 the lost years or whatever

yah i agree with those sequels i agree sqaure I DONT AGREE WITH FF13 crap go make a good ff game again ffs put an airship in there

let me fly around the world map

get ur act together for god sakes

I don't know. Why do you keep making terrible threads?

#10 Edited by redskins26rocs (2669 posts) -

In other words make the same game as previous FF, or you dont want it. With that mindset, how are they supposed to try new mechanics and ideas. I agree FF13 should not have had a sequel mainly because to make a well crafted game like that again takes time and considering how the game ended why waste time where it is not needed. The game concluded perfectly fine and had no loose ends or questions worth that kind of time.

As for the question, maybe since FF13 raised questions as too what people expected from a JRPG and decided to experiment with the genre so the next entry can satisfy everyone. Then again I dont think Square is that smart, lol

#11 Posted by jsmoke03 (12032 posts) -

played lightning returns at comiccon...its actually decent and i liked it a lot. i have hope that its going to be a good game. it cant do any less than ffx-2

#12 Posted by GreySeal9 (23255 posts) -

@ProtossX said:

Who cares what you want?