Why does no one give a shit about Lords of Shadow 2?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Looks quite gud.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

The first one was saw as a bastardization of Castlevania by a lot of people. I liked the little bit I played of the PC version, but if the first game is going to be a judge for quality in the sequel, its sale fodder and not something you grab day 1 unless you are huge into the genre.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Whiteblade999 said:

The first one was saw as a bastardization of Castlevania by a lot of people. I liked the little bit I played of the PC version, but if the first game is going to be a judge for quality in the sequel, its sale fodder and not something you grab day 1 unless you are huge into the genre.

My friend, I understand the problem. Fallout 3 was a dumbed down piece of shit designed for casuals, I can understand something like that. But this game had a fair bit of platforming, puzzles and on harder difficulty could be somewhat challenging. It's probably a good example of an updated series.

BilkeLegenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BilkeLegenda
Member since 2009 • 1933 Posts

I enjoyed lords of shadow,not sure how I feel about the sequel yet but I'm definitely getting it.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

It was ok... not everything can be as amazing a leap as the improvement Fallout3 was over its crappy predecessors.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I still need to play the first Castlevania: LoS, but I've heard from so many people that it's a GoW ripoff that I'm not sure I want to bother.

Can we not keep bring back the 2D Metroidvania approach? 2D does not have to equal cheapness.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Good question cuz im wondering the same thing... The first was solid but the most important part of castlevania wasn't present (exploration). This time around there is a tone (at least that's what they're saying), story looks great, good graphics and gameplay. I'm getting it on pc and hope DS4 works with the game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uninspiredcup

Apparently the sequel will be more open like Darksiders 2.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

it dos

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

One of my most anticipated games this year. Loved the first LoS and I like what they're doing with both the gameplay and story in the sequel.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Boddicker said:

I still need to play the first Castlevania: LoS, but I've heard from so many people that it's a GoW ripoff that I'm not sure I want to bother.

Can we not keep bring back the 2D Metroidvania approach? 2D does not have to equal cheapness.

It's a genre much like FPS or RPGs. Of which I'm fairly sure it was DMC that popularized it.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I'll play through it.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@Whiteblade999 said:

Yeah, it just really didn't feel like Castlevania to me. Felt like a shitty God of War with one of the most horrendous camera systems I've ever witnessed in a modern game. I couldn't stand playing it. I am not gonna get hyped for a game whose previous entry was piss poor. If the game gets good reviews, I might check it out.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Liked the first one, even though it had some problems. The design with one magic to regain health and one to deal more damage that you could replenish by fighting perfectly was cool. Also some great work by the artists.

@cfisher2833 said:

@Whiteblade999 said:

Yeah, it just really didn't feel like Castlevania to me. Felt like a shitty God of War with one of the most horrendous camera systems I've ever witnessed in a modern game. I couldn't stand playing it. I am not gonna get hyped for a game whose previous entry was piss poor. If the game gets good reviews, I might check it out.

The new one is open world and has a free camera, so that shouldn't be a worry (fingers crossed).

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

First one was really boring. I wanted to give it a chance, and tried several times to get through it... and it was pretty and had decent combat, but it didn't "feel" like Castlevania at all. It felt like God of War in Castlevania clothing. Even Lament of Innocence is a significantly better "Casltevania" 3D hack-n-slash.

I'm very glad to hear that Lords of Shadow 2 is the last Castlevania that MercurySteam gets to mess with.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

First one was really boring. I wanted to give it a chance, and tried several times to get through it... and it was pretty and had decent combat, but it didn't "feel" like Castlevania at all. It felt like God of War in Castlevania clothing. Even Lament of Innocence is a significantly better "Casltevania" 3D hack-n-slash.

I'm very glad to hear that Lords of Shadow 2 is the last Castlevania that MercurySteam gets to mess with.

I just want Konami to go back to making the 2D style Castlevania games. Just imagine how huge and amazing a new 2D Castlevania could be on the 3DS!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I just want Konami to go back to making the 2D style Castlevania games. Just imagine how huge and amazing a new 2D Castlevania could be on the 3DS!

I'd prefer to see them make 1080p 2D consoles games. Sure, they'd cost more, but they'd be worth it. Battle of 1999 si vous plait.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Because nobody appreciates skill based upgrades anymore.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

for someone that is always talking about PC gaming and its extremely intelligent and mature games you really do have some real shitty taste for games TC. And is even worse when you consider the fact that this is primarily a console centric game.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Because the first one was pretty bad, especially in the beginning segments.

Terrible pacing, lack of challenge, small levels, that and roughly half the game didn't even feel like castlevania, it was way too similar to GOW.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 uninspiredcup

GOTY.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

After playing Mirror of Fate HD, I can't bring myself to even care about this series of games anymore. That game just wasn't fun at all. I somewhat liked Lords of Shadow 1 but not as a castlevania game and if they put LoS2 on PS4 then maybe that would peak interest.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Metroidvania is extremely overrated in general, there's only a few of them that are even good. Most of them fill like fill ins for the next possible good one. I for one really liked LoS, While a lot of people don't like it because it was various game elements in one. It was a well done package, More than anything it is an adventure game full of platforming. People just want to label it as a pure hack n slash to find more reasons to hate on the game.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Boddicker said:

It's a genre much like FPS or RPGs. Of which I'm fairly sure it was DMC that popularized it.

DMC is fast pace combo action game. This castlevania reboot is for casual, not intellectual and challenging game like old 2d version. Make sense you like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I guess cos it's not controversial or being crammed in our faces 24/7 like some other games coming out but It does look pretty cool actually.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uninspiredcup

My friends, I feel, inside. We need more high quality hack in slash games. It's one of the few good things consoles have contributed the world.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

@TheEroica said:

It was ok... not everything can be as amazing a leap as the improvement Fallout3 was over its crappy predecessors.

No

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator

@ArisShadows: I was just messing with the guy a few posts above me... :P I like all the fallout games. Especially Fallout 3. :)

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@ArisShadows: I was just messing with the guy a few posts above me... :P I like all the fallout games. Especially Fallout 3. :)

:P I figured.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheEroica  Moderator

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

I for one, enjoyed it. I don't care if its a god of war clone.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

If they add a Diablo-style loot system, I'm out. That killed Darksiders 2 for me.

Otherwise, I'm hyped.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Didn't even know there was gonna be a sequel. I haven't played the first one yet, but I'll get it sometime.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#35 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I played the first and didnt like it. Felt like GOW and was just boring to play. I might give it another chance before the sequel comes out.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

My formula for a good castvania game.

Is it 2D?

Yes/No

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Probably because the first game was a shallow rip-off of God of War, which is already shallow and bad. The main character also looks like Nathan Drake in a bad costume.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#38 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Definitely one of my most anticipated games; loved a lot about the first and the sequel seems to be improving quite a bit while making it quite different. Very excited for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, I feel, inside. We need more high quality hack in slash games. It's one of the few good things consoles have contributed the world.

Nope we've had enough of those shallow button mashers with qtes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Whiteblade999 said:

I don't get it..... you mean like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, one of the biggest dumbing downs of a franchise to ever happen yet still great?

I HATE DMC, God of War ect .... but I liked Lords of Shadow, it of course did have pacing problems and was ultimately dragged out too long. (or not enough variety in that time) easily a AA game.

most of the people complaining probably only played the metroidvania age of castlevania's anyway.

The overall story of lords of shadow is far better than the *** pop crap that came before it.

I am looking foward to LOS2 .... but I hope it has better pacing than its predecessor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Good question cuz im wondering the same thing... The first was solid but the most important part of castlevania wasn't present (exploration). This time around there is a tone (at least that's what they're saying), story looks great, good graphics and gameplay. I'm getting it on pc and hope DS4 works with the game.

only thats not true is it. the previous games were about difficulty, linear and presentation and were just as successful in their own right.

(pre metroidvania) ... the RPG elements of castlevania made the games a joke difficulty wise, no isntant deaths, ridiculously strong and easy movement.... they are fun games, but the exploration wasn't that exciting, go halfway through one theme'd set of boxes until you need an item... rince repeat for the rest of the game.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lulu_Lulu

Its not a button masher, its just Too fast for Role Playing Gamers to comprehend.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

i have been waiting for this game since it was announced back at E3 2012. i hope we get to play as alucard too

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Boddicker said:

DMC is fast pace combo action game. This castlevania reboot is for casual, not intellectual and challenging game like old 2d version. Make sense you like it.

The first one I enjoyed (I just about dropped my jaw with the ending, which of course is him turning into dracula). The "God of War" gamplay type games have actually gotten pretty popular and there are a tons like the new DmC, Dante's Inferno, Metal Gear Rising, Dark siders 1 and 2, Bayonetta, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden etc...

IMO one shouldnt let the fact the a game plays like another game throw them off from trying and possibly enjoying it (LOS is a little slow at first but it picks up and gets interesting story wise). I mean people that play FPS dont just play call of duty right? Besides Patrick Stewart voices the game (guy that plays Professor X in xmen movies!)

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

Cod is better. thread

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@XboxStache said:

Cod is better. thread

That all depends on preference. Two big games that came out are BF4 and Ghost, i'm sure there are people that prefer BF4 over Ghost and Vice Versa. Pretty sure there are xbox players out there that prefer Halo over COD. The best FPS IMO is Rage (I hate COD though). It all comes down to what people like.... Thats like saying Mortal Kombat is the best fighter out there (Some may prefer Tekken, or Soul Caliber, or even Killer Instinct) LOL

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lulu_Lulu

@ PS4TrumpsXbox1

But some games have features that do overlap with one another at some point and you can determine, objectively, which one is better. COD and BF are both Military 1st person shooters right ? So, yeah. Rock on

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#48 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

It just didn't catch my interest. Still doesn't.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@DarkLink77 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

If they add a Diablo-style loot system, I'm out. That killed Darksiders 2 for me.

Otherwise, I'm hyped.

Any sort of excessive looting systems in games these days are just annoying. Sure it may make you nostalgiac for the days of old but these days it feels like bad design to expect people to rummage through tonnes of chests etc. to find stuff.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 uninspiredcup

My friends, the music in Lords Of Shadow is emotionally stirring. Let us hope the talented author continues onward towards it's sequel.