Why does everyone care about 720p/1020p?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

Guys seriously, stop making threads about the PS4 having 1020p and Xbox One having 720p. The human eye can bearlly see the difference. Both consoles will have amazing graphics with an amazing GeForce GTX 780 GPU. Thats better then what most PC gamers have on their ''amazing PC's''. So please stop making a HUGE deal out of it, you honestly won't tell the difference. So if this is why a lot of you aren't getting the Xbox One, then thats stupid.

#2 Posted by kitty (114553 posts) -

1020p? gtx 780? wat?

#3 Posted by Ginosaji (965 posts) -

You think your console has a GTX 780. That's cute.

#4 Posted by Shewgenja (8465 posts) -

That's why.

#5 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

#6 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

@Ginosaji said:

My Console? no the Xbox One is going to have either the GTX 760 or 770, not sure which GPU

#7 Posted by wis3boi (31114 posts) -

@Ginosaji said:

My Console? no the Xbox One is going to have either the GTX 760 or 770, not sure which GPU

0/10, not even trying

#8 Edited by Desmonic (13417 posts) -
#9 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

1020p? come on dude...

#10 Edited by Ross_the_Boss6 (2540 posts) -

I don't think there's a person on Earth that cares about 1020p.

#11 Edited by McStrongfast (4265 posts) -

bananabananabananaterracotttabananabananaterracottapie

That's almost obscene.

#12 Posted by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -

You are right about GTX 780 being better than what most PC-gamers have.

#13 Edited by McStrongfast (4265 posts) -
#14 Edited by McStrongfast (4265 posts) -

You are right about GTX 780 being better than what most PC-gamers have.

It's 210 better than my card.

#15 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

It helps to research what you are making a topic about, so that you don't come off looking like a complete clueless dumbass. It is clear you didn't do one ounce of research before making this thread.

#16 Posted by Gue1 (9500 posts) -

1080p>720p

#17 Posted by PraetorianMan (1326 posts) -

Okay, here's the thing about the Xbox One running games at 720p...

...its a $500 piece of hardware, and right now its barely running games better than the 360 and PS3 [COD: Ghosts running at 600p on these platforms].

Screw the PS4, pretend it doesn't even exist.

WHY is the Xbox One only pushing 720p on a game that doesn't even look graphically impressive?

#18 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

...its a $500 piece of hardware, and right now its barely running games better than the 360 and PS3 [COD: Ghosts running at 600p on these platforms].

WHY is the Xbox One only pushing 720p on a game that doesn't even look graphically impressive?

This? - http://www.oxm.co.uk/63388/why-microsoft-doesnt-require-xbox-one-devs-to-run-games-in-native-1080p/

#19 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5034 posts) -

1020P ?

What the hell..

Not sure why I even replied. I'm sure I'm not alone on that thought

#20 Edited by Stringerboy (6948 posts) -

People who are used to having 1080p as the norm are caring, aka hermits. And that's perfectly fine.

To me however, I really don't care. As long as the game is in HD the amount of pixels on the screen is a non issue. It won't ruin my enjoyment of the game just because the resolution isn't up to standards.

#21 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

The human eye can bearlly see the difference.

I'm glad that I have good eyes. There is a big difference between 720p and 1080p...

#23 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25594 posts) -

Because we just had eight years of 720p and below. And the worse console is more expensive which is a little backwards.

#25 Edited by Vambran (1920 posts) -

Cloud computing can in theory increase performance of the XBOX ONE to match or excede the PS4. But the thing with cloud is you have to be always online , and third party devs might not want to bother with it ( too much work , easier to just down grade a port or none at all , think Wii-U games )

It's almost like XBOX ONE is less like a console and more like a internet service. Unless cloud can do things that puts the PS4 in the dust ( i doubt it ) PS4 is going to be my main console this gen.

#26 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@bumsonfire said:

The human eye can bearlly see the difference.

I'm glad that I have good eyes. There is a big difference between 720p and 1080p...

I can see the difference as well, but in the moving game footage I've seen its not enough to make me want a PS4 more because the games and features I want most are on the Xbox One. I just don't see this huge difference. And with a stable framerate I just won't care. But I gte it that others value that differently. shrugs.

#27 Edited by Ginosaji (965 posts) -

@Stringerboy said:

People who are used to having 1080p as the norm are caring, aka hermits. And that's perfectly fine.

To me however, I really don't care. As long as the game is in HD the amount of pixels on the screen is a non issue. It won't ruin my enjoyment of the game just because the resolution isn't up to standards.

In all honesty, I don't care about 1080p specifically. I care about my monitor's native resolution, which happens to be 1920x1080.

But as has been pointed out, the fact that a dedicated gaming device in 2013 can barely render games in 1080p should be a red flag. The X1 doesn't even appear to be doing anything impressive enough to justify cutting the resolution in half.

#28 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

@Ginosaji said:

@Stringerboy said:

In all honesty, I don't care about 1080p specifically. I care about my monitor's native resolution, which happens to be 1920x1080.

But as has been pointed out, the fact that a dedicated gaming device in 2013 can barely render games in 1080p should be a red flag. The X1 doesn't even appear to be doing anything impressive enough to justify cutting the resolution in half.

Again, the dev tools aren't optimized and the system architecture is harder to develop for. These things will improve in time, But with three that I know of 1080p games in Fifa, NBA2K, and Forza, the 900P and incredible graphics in Ryse, and the sheer scare of DR3 that cannot at all be done on the 360 if this is what the One's launch games look like I'm fairly confident like in every gen once devs get a handle on what the system can do graphics will no doubt improve. The One will continue to trial behind the PS4 in graphics, but not to the degree I feel alot of predicting. We'll have to wait to see that game that does that, if it ever exists.

Having seen tons of PS4 and One HD videos from multiple sites for BF4, if that's all the difference there is, its no big deal to me at all.

#29 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3474 posts) -

You mean 1080p?

#30 Edited by CleanPlayer (9787 posts) -

Because....ITS THE YEAR OF THE LUIGI! He started this whole resolution, and this is exactly what he wanted

#31 Edited by Netret0120 (2032 posts) -

Lol firstly you get 1080p wrong making you look uneducated.

Secondly you go on and attack hermits "amazing pc's". DUDE!!! Hermits are very emotional creatures who believe they are some sort of master race because for them pixels and resolution is more important than having fun.

Thirdly, Next time you make a thread, do some research beforehand or at the very least get the title correct

#32 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

@2ndwonder:

1020p doesn't exist TC. And CoD 4 running in 1080p at 60fps on PS4 vs 720p upscaled at 60fps on X1 proves that the PS4 is a more powerful console.

#33 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Guys seriously, stop making threads about the PS4 having 1020p and Xbox One having 720p. The human eye can bearlly see the difference.

Sorry, you're wrong. Just because you've never actually seen media displayed in 1080p doesn't mean everyone else is poor.

#34 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

As long as the game is in HD the amount of pixels on the screen is a non issue.

Okay. So you don't actually know what "HD", or "pixels" are. Good to know.

In case you don't follow: The amount of pixels on screen is what determines if something is HD or not. And if it's less than 1920x1080, it's not HD.

#35 Posted by wis3boi (31114 posts) -

@Stringerboy said:

In case you don't follow: The amount of pixels on screen is what determines if something is HD or not. And if it's less than 1920x1080, it's not HD.

"but teh upscaling!" :P

#36 Edited by Zophar87 (4346 posts) -

Gonna assume you mean 1080p.

Here's the thing, the Xbone is being advertised as a next-gen system. However, the main issue here is the fact that the system is $100 more than it's primary competitor and it's competitor has proven to be more powerful at a much cheaper price. To many (including myself) it makes zero logical sense how a "next-gen" console cannot play cross-gen games at native 1080p unless it truly is an inferior piece of hardware.

#37 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@the_bi99man said:

@Stringerboy said:

"but teh upscaling!" :P

I forgot about teh upscaling. Dat shit is magic.

#38 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

Here's the thing, the Xbone is being advertised as a next-gen system. However, the main issue here is the fact that the system is $100 more than it's primary competitor and it's competitor has proven to be more powerful at a much cheaper price. To many (including myself) it makes zero logical sense how a "next-gen" console cannot play cross-gen games at native 1080p unless it truly is an inferior piece of hardware.

The thing is, it's no secret. It is an inferior piece of hardware. It would actually cost less than the PS4, except that about $200 of the price is for the spycam that nobody wants.

#39 Posted by Zophar87 (4346 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

The thing is, it's no secret. It is an inferior piece of hardware. It would actually cost less than the PS4, except that about $200 of the price is for the spycam that nobody wants.

I completely agree.

#40 Posted by Liquid_ (2440 posts) -

1020p. gtx 780's all over the place.

rofl.

#41 Posted by Aparthide (235 posts) -

@Ginosaji said:

Heh.

#42 Posted by farrell2k (5808 posts) -

Because it's not 2001 anymore!

#43 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13997 posts) -

OP is so ignorant that it hurts.

>1020p

>GTX 780

>>all my wats

#44 Posted by WallofTruth (1533 posts) -

It helps to research what you are making a topic about, so that you don't come off looking like a complete clueless dumbass. It is clear you didn't do one ounce of research before making this thread.

You're an idiot, the OP is obviously trolling, how easy to fool are you?

#45 Posted by WallofTruth (1533 posts) -

@Stringerboy said:

That's actually wrong, 900p or 720p is still considered HD.

#46 Posted by foxhound_fox (87679 posts) -

Because spec wars have become incredibly popular, as it gives something objective and tangible to debate. Most people don't have the time or ability to put into researching and substantiating an opinion about something with meaningful reasoning. They see numbers, and compare them directly. There is no need to interpret what they mean or might imply about the user experience.

#47 Edited by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

Because they don't make 720p HDTV's anymore

#48 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20733 posts) -

Ryse looks amazing graphically, on par with KZSF if not better and better than the rest of the PS4 luanch games.

Consoles never start off great (Ps3 had many problems off the start but fixed the issues over time, do you really think the xbox one games will always be stuck at 720p?)

BOth consoles have plenty of time to fix minor things like the resolution of the games.

The PS3 was a 599$ piece of hardware lol and was shit at launch, became better over time though right?

Both consoles arnt gonna be at its best off the start, yall should know that especially cows. They arnt even out yet for, give them some time.

#49 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

So dumb

#50 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

@Stringerboy said:

That's actually wrong, 900p or 720p is still considered HD.

If you're a scrub, maybe.