Why do you have your system(s) and choose not to buy others?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

guezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 guezz
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

PC
- 1680x1050 (not low-res upscaled :p) with 4xAA and 16xAF, not in Crysis though ...
- Impressive IQ
- Mouse & keyboard
- Decently priced games
- Lots of great games, especially in my favourite genres: FPS and RTS
- Great and free multiplayer for non-MMO games
- Game mods
- No disc changing ;)
-Multi-platform production probably ensures more releases for the PC, although it's sometimes annoying (UT3's consolish meny, etc.)

So why no consoles?

General
- No HDTV (I don't need it, yet), although I can instead use my monitor but it would be quite inconvenient.
- Dislike of controllers.
- Expensive games.
- Several of the interesting console exclusives will migrate to the PC (Gears of War (already has), Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, GTA4).

XBOX360
- No interesting exclusives besides Project Gotham Racing 4 and Forza Motorsport 2.
- RROD.
- Pay for MP.

PS3
- No interesting games besides Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo 5.

Wii
- No interesting games besides Resident Evil 4.
- Relies too heavy on Nintendo to create games and those they create I would've liked if I was younger than 16 years old, like I did with the N64.

What am I missing?

- More fun playing with a few buddies on a couch than a small LAN which takes quite some effort to pull through.
- Some interesting games.

- Blu-ray player since the HD-DVD player is a stand-alone, but I don't have a HDTV ...

J_J_Efferies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 J_J_Efferies
Member since 2007 • 229 Posts
Well I choose my playstation 3 because it was the only console that really seemed that it could put out the hd that I wanted. The xbox 360 didn't have Hdmi compatibility for a long time and well this recent wave of games released for it has helped it but it can't last forever. The wii was innovative but still I didn't feel like overall it had that many hardcore gamer games at the time I bought my PS3.
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts

I like the fact that you said 'no disc changing" as a positive for the PC, when installing a game is far more of a hasle than putting in a disc :lol: hermits:lol:

360 has the games i like. :|

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
I chose the 360 because it has games that I want.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
I can't count PC, because I don't really have the money to upgrade it (even if it is a few things, given that it can run Half-Life 2). The PS3 doesn't interest me, and I'm waiting on the Xbox 360. I have a pre-order on Brawl, so I don't want to spend money I don't have. And I don't want ot spend money on online play, because I usually go through single player only. Why do they have to push online on you?
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I only got a PC. Why? Just cause.
cliff122316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 cliff122316
Member since 2005 • 2333 Posts
i have a pc because i grew up a pc gamer and i have easily the best experiences with it. i also have a 360 because between the ps3 and 360 it had the better game line up, since those 2 are in direct competition. I have a wii for playing with friends, and it has its share of good single player games. I hope to get a ps3 some day but the price is holding me back. once my favorite franchises from ps2 come to ps3 i will get one.
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts

Wii

-Brawl

PS3

-FF13, MGS4, Ratchet

-Halo 3. Ninja Gaiden 2

Those are my reasons for owning the consoles :)

I do have a PC, but it sucks balls, and I cant even upgrade my processor (**** you Dell.) My next PC will be home made. I learned my lesson lol.

guezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 guezz
Member since 2006 • 78 Posts

I like the fact that you said 'no disc changing" as a positive for the PC, when installing a game is far more of a hasle than putting in a disc :lol: hermits:lol:

360 has the games i like. :|

JPOBS

Didn't you notice the wink? I know it's more of a hassle (typing key, selecting install root) and especially doing the same with several games after a format, although I can browse the net while it copies the files. It's nice to not change the disc for most games since game installs are usually done pretty rare, at least for me.

Good opinion about why you chose a 360.

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Only have PC because it has all the games I need and I can play them the way I want(KB/M). I've been thinking about getting some sort of console(PS2, Wii, Gamecube) to play some games that aren't on PC, but everytime I actually plan to do that I rather invest that money on my PC in the form of upgrades or games.
GothIQa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 GothIQa
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts

PC - Who doesn´t own a PC? The power of da mouse!

PS3 - The games to the PS3 are horrible! Not one single exclusive game that has caught my interest. And I don´t really like the controls.

XB360 - I own this one, beacuse of ME, HALO, GRS OF WAR and so on. And of course that my buddies own it, plus the controls are freakin´ awesome.

Wii - I thought of getting this one but not many games are that interesting. And the graphics are kinda lame. But hey, the controls are cool!

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I generally give all systems in a generation a chance and then go from there. I've bought all of the systems this gen but recently I sold my Nintendo systems (Wii, DS) because I'm simply not interested in the direction they are going. I've been a PC gamer since forever and I chose to stick with the 360 and the PS3 on the console side because I like the present and future games line up for them.

I am completely turned of by the Wii's upcoming lineup and I figured if I don't want to play Mario Galaxy, there is really nothing the system could offer me.Looking into 2008 I don't regret my decision.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

I own multiple platforms because I only play the good games. And there arent enough good games releasing over a 365-day period on one platform.

I don't have a Wii, yet. I want to play metroid and SMG, but I need just a few more games before I buy (maybe the next Zelda)

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

PC - Not often used for gaming. Pricing and the fact that you have to keep on upgrading it, is why I'm no pc gamer. I also just prefer sitting on my couch with a controller in my hand while playing games.

PS3 - I own it because of brand loyalty, free online, ip's I'm most interested in and better controller.

360 - 33% fail rate, I don't like the controller, paid online

Wii - I own it because the controls offer something different, some ip's I love are Nintendo's and the VC allows me for some truly nostalgic moments, which is great. Also my girlfriend likes the Wii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I have the Wii because it has the games I want,and the franchises I grew up with.The Virtual Console also helps.:wink:

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

I hate controllers.

PC for me.

kcm_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kcm_117
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

My pc isnt super beefy, i noly really play World of Warcraft on my pc.

Core 2 Duo @ 2.13 Ghz

2Gb RAM

7600GT

I Chose the Xbox360 because it has the best game library and xbox live is really fun. On xbox live i can play with all my friends because none of em really have "gaming" pc's, my friends are all casuals. So with Xbox i get good games, good graphics, and the ability to play with my friends.

When a games comes out for xbox360 and pc i always pick it up for 360 because i dont have to worry about it lagging, or having to upgrade or installing etc, and i get to play on XBl with buddies

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

PC- i dunno I upgraded it a long time ago as a bit of a test to see how I like PC gaming and so far I've lovd it

360- Really good games, best console online, good graphics

Wii- Nothing more than being with Nintendo since the SNES and the start of my gaming.

NO PS3- Expensive, no appealing games( Uncharted looks cool as hell, though), online isn't as good as 360, worse graphics

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BambooBanger
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

Last year I went to buy a Wii but there were none in stock, so Ihad a hissy fitand bought a 360 with 5 games instead!

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

Why I have my systems

PC & PS3 - It had the games I was interested in playing

Why I choose not to buy the others

360 - The games I'm interested in playing I know I'll be able to play on PC sooner or later

Wii - I'm still waiting for a good number of games I'm interested in. All I've got so far is the spiritual successor to Odin Sphere.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts

I usually buy a console once it has games that I really want. For the 360, those games were Condemned and PGR3, so I bought it pretty much at the European launch (a few weeks later but anyhow). Of course I also knew I would get games like Halo 3, Forza 2, Mass Effect and PGR4 later on but Condemned and PGR3 were the reasons I got it already back then.

I keep my PC up to date as there's usually a quite steady stream of games I want to play on it so it's worth the cost IMO.

The Wii and PS3 have yet to get exclusive games I feel I really need. I'll probably get a PS3 for MGS4 but it might be a while before I get a Wii. I've got plenty of friends that have Wii's so I don't need one for party purposes and neither Metroid nor Galaxy really grabbed me when I tried them out.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
I have everything but pc and ps3. Don't play pc games because they are too much of ahassle and require upgrades constantly and I don't like using the keyboard & mouse to play games. I don't have a ps3 because the games currently available don't interest me.
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

i don't have a high range PC because i don't use it primarily for gaming .. plus the type of games i like are on consoles, and i'd rather buy them on consoles

i've yet to buy a PS3 because it still hasn't got enough quality games to justify getting one .. it'd only gather dust

i might as well wait for the likes of MGS4, when i might also get the bonus of a price-cut, though i'm not too fussed about that

right now, i have enough games to play, too many really when coupled with maintaining the rest of my life etc

so really, i'll get a PS3 when there's a period that i get bored with my existing consoles .. so far that hasn't happened, and it isn't likely to any time soon

-Skyfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Skyfall
Member since 2007 • 453 Posts
I have the PS3 and Wii because they have good games. I don't have a 360 because it has no games.
BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BambooBanger

I have the PS3 and Wii because they have good games. I don't have a 360 because it has no games.-Skyfall

No games :roll:

By the look of your avatar, Princess Maker and Dating Sims are the only games you're after.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

I have the PS3 and Wii because they have good games. I don't have a 360 because it has no games.-Skyfall
ROFLMAO 360 has better gmaes then the other 2 combined lol

I have a 360 because it has a ton of awesome games

I will buy a Wii because its cool and has SMG

I will not buy a PC because it is too expensive

I will not buy a PS3 because it does not have enough games that I want that are not on the 360.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#27 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
...have every system. Why I don't have a PC? The type of PC I want is out of my price range.
-Skyfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Skyfall

By the look of your avatar, Princess Maker and Dating Sims are the only games you're after.

BambooBanger

What's funny is that those Dating Sims and Princess Maker are probably better than what the 360 has to offer.

ROFLMAO 360 has better gmaes then the other 2 combined lol

SpideR_CentS

lol no

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BambooBanger
[QUOTE="BambooBanger"]

-Skyfall

What's funny is that those Dating Sims and Princess Maker are probably better than what the 360 has to offer.

Welcome to my sig.

-Skyfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Skyfall

Welcome to my sig.

BambooBanger

=O

_Skyfall is evolving!

_Skyfall is now sig!

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="BambooBanger"]

-Skyfall

:(

TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts

I Own the Playstation 3: Because it has free online, best controller ever invented, great interface, Blu-Ray player, and most important: The best games on the market. Heavenly Sword and Uncharted are two of the best games I have ever played, and to top that off it has: Motorstorm, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank, Untold Legends, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone 2, and many more.

I don't know the X360: Because online isn't free, HD player costs extra, worst controller I've ever play on, no interesting games other than Bioshock which may be coming to the PS3...if not, I'll get in on the PC. Not to mention that most of the X360's exclusives eventually find their way on the PC...so there is really no reason to own the system. Games like Rainbow Six Vegas and other non-exclusives I can just get on the PS3. So we have exclusives going to PC, non exclusives on the PS3....why own both X360 and PS3? No need to.

I don't have the Wii: Because the control scheme is often annoying, and very few decent games are out so far. Not to mention that Nintendo has sold out to non-gameres and has always been geared towards children ;)

BambooBanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BambooBanger
[QUOTE="BambooBanger"]

Welcome to my sig.

-Skyfall

=O

_Skyfall is evolving!

_Skyfall is now sig!

Your life just peaked! Better make the most of it :)

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Pretty good gaming Laptop - just cause

360- I like the lineup of games a lot more than PS3 and Wii

Why I don't own:

PS3: Don't have an HDTV so need for a bluray player.

Wii: I own TP for the GC, so i'll just wait for something better to come along(not all that interest in SMG)

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts

I Own the Playstation 3: Because it has free online, best controller ever invented, great interface, Blu-Ray player, and most important: The best games on the market. Heavenly Sword and Uncharted are two of the best games I have ever played, and to top that off it has: Motorstorm, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank, Untold Legends, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone 2, and many more.

I don't know the X360: Because online isn't free, HD player costs extra, worst controller I've ever play on, no interesting games other than Bioshock which may be coming to the PS3...if not, I'll get in on the PC. Not to mention that most of the X360's exclusives eventually find their way on the PC...so there is really no reason to own the system. Games like Rainbow Six Vegas and other non-exclusives I can just get on the PS3. So we have exclusives going to PC, non exclusives on the PS3....why own both X360 and PS3? No need to.

I don't have the Wii: Because the control scheme is often annoying, and very few decent games are out so far. Not to mention that Nintendo has sold out to non-gameres and has always been geared towards children ;)

TheCheat23k
Yeah no reason for cows to want a 360 for its console exclusives that destroy the ps3's because they all have super high end pc's :roll:
mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

ps3-awesome first party games, and my 3 fav games last gen are exclusive to the ps3 mgs4, FFXIII, and GoW3 and i beleive blu-ray and the cell can make great games in the future
360-huge list of games

and i dont own a wii because 3rd party games suck for the most part, and no new interesting IPs from nintendo just the same old

04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 04JETTA
Member since 2005 • 5769 Posts
PS3 i chose it because whe n istarted playing video games it was on a PS1 i played other consoles but PS seemed to be the consoled i kept going back to so i figured why change what works sometimes i think aboutXBOX 360/Wii or mayb even both but i dont think it would be an efficient way for me to spend money il prolly just stick with PS from now on but who knows
Norg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Norg
Member since 2002 • 15959 Posts

I bought all the consoles PS3 360 and wii because ive been a console gamer all my life

i didnt buy a gaming pc becasue if u want the best it cost alot plus putting it all together seems like a pain in the butt

plus u got to consontly upgrade it wich is also a pain